Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muhe Entrance

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Muhe Entrance  - Page 2 Empty Re: Muhe Entrance

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:20 am

He smiled slyly at Alys' compliment.

"I very much hope so, Alys. If I don't beat Lukas, I may well just have to hang up my broom for good!" He chuckled softly. "I don't know how good Lukas is on a broom, he has the better model, but money doesn't buy you talent. We shall just have to see next week, won't we? As long as I have your support, I'm sure I'll do fine!"

He rolled his broom over, inspecting the polishing he had done. It looked good enough, so he leant it against the fire place.

"If you want, we could always go out and practice in the grounds, if you like. As long as we don't break curfew and everything I could teach you how to ride a broom as smooth as I can. And it's always much better to learn on a decent broom..." He trailed off, he didn't want to be pushy, but helping Alys with her flying would probably compensate for when he couldn't do something in another class.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:01 am

Alys laughed a little at Tarragon's comment on money not being able to buy talent when he himself she knew was quite well off. It was good to see all the gold hadn't turned his head and he still believed in things like talent and hard work.

"Not just I, the whole class will be cheering for you. Or haven't you noticed how unpopular that... thing is?' she said uneasily. She hated the mention of that boy, it reminded her that he existed.

When Tarragon offered to coach her in flying, her blue eyes opened wide, not believing his words. He would teach her to fly, on a world class broomstick that was all the rage in the world cup of 1994. The same broom that famous people like Victor Krum had flown. He might call it "decent" but Alys knew the Firebolt was an innovation of the likes that had been unparalleled for ten years after its release.

"That would be so cool," she admitted, her eyes shining. "I mean, if you have the time." And now, she won't have to worry about making an idiot of herself in class.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:09 am

"Of course I do, otherwise I wouldn't offer. I tell you what, we'll strike up a deal. I'll teach you to fly a broom, and you pay me in your mothers cooking. I think that's pretty fair, don't you?"

He smiled, and thrust his hand across the table to shake on it.

"Although, if you break my Firebolt, I may just be heartbroken."

He added the last comment with a faked sad expression before laughing once more. He enjoyed spending time with Alys, he felt more and more like himself with every moment they were together. And for that he would always be in her debt for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:21 am

Alys grinned and shook on it, already getting excited at the prospect of learning to fly. "Deal, and I will even give you Mama's butter cookies which are my absolute favorite and I hardly give even to Annika."

She had to laugh when Tarragon made the sad crup face as he mentioned breaking his Firebolt. "Are you implying that I would be that terrible of a flyer, or that I'm too heavy?" she asked teasingly, teaching over to tweak his ear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:28 am

He reached up and clasped her hand as she tweaked his ear. He held her dainty hand within his own giant hand.

"I should think it safe to say that it is definately not going to be the latter now, is it Alys?" He smirked as he examined her hand carefully. He didn't know what he was looking fo, it just felt comforting to hold somebody's hand. He placed her hand back on the table, lying his own down next to it. "But, the speed of the broom is much quicker than that of the school brooms. Although, the handling is also much smoother and quicker."

He hoped he hadn't scared her. Riding a proper broom would do Alys the world of good. If not, it would allow their friendship to grow much stronger nontheless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:45 am

Her face colored slightly as he examined her hand and for a moment, she thought it had dirt on it. But he just released it and made nothing of it. Maybe it was an Austrian thing. The witch decided to let it go. Shifting her gaze to the table, her eyes fell on the letter to her Mama, written and complete. "Oh, I guess I better post this. And I didn't even realize we've been talking so long, we're due for morning lessons in fifteen minutes," the witch said, trying all at once to stuff her quill, inkpot and letter into her bag.

"And I've misplaced my hairband again." she said, her now dry hair falling in gold waves past her shoulders and obscuring half her vision as she worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:51 am

He smiled at her urgency, watching her stuff everything back into her bag. He slung his rucksack over his shoulder and made his way out of the common room, turning just as Alys scoots past him out of the door to lessons, he chuckles and makes to keep up with her, if only for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2