Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Thoughts (OPEN)

2 posters

Go down

Dark Thoughts (OPEN) Empty Dark Thoughts (OPEN)

Post by Briony Romain Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Briony realised that it had been a while since she had been in this pub, she realised that it had been a while since she had done anything that didn't involve researching the darkest of arts and attempting to assure her husband that she was still of sound mind.

The problem them was laying on her mind, was how would she create what she wanted to, and still maintain the facade that she was keeping up around him, around everyone really.

Richard was trying to help her, he really was, but there was no real problem with Briony that needed helping, so she was a little less tolerant than normal, and she didn't suffer fools but that wasn't unsual. Sighing Briony sat down at the bar, resting her hand on her wand as she ordered.

Sitting there cupping her drink she could only hope that nobody would come up to her and annoy her with prattling talk.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LessiJames Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:37 am

Lessi sat down and ordered a drink.While waitong for it to come she noticed Briony.
"Hello headmitress,"she said but then noticing that she didn't seem in the mood to talk Lessi didn't say anything else.
LessiJames
LessiJames
Head of Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Dark Thoughts (OPEN) Empty Re: Dark Thoughts (OPEN)

Post by Briony Romain Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:56 am

Briony looked up and her eyes flashed for a moment, before she realised that the woman was one of her new staff and she carefully schooled her expression to a more pleasant tone, that wasn't so dark and angry, she probably should allow herself to become her neutral facade once more, now that she was here.

"Hello." she said quietly "Coming here for a break from the inane chatter of children for a few hours?" Briony asked, taking a sip of her own pint of beer, none of that butterbeer stuff, which to her appeared quite childish a drink.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by LessiJames Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:09 pm

"I don't mind children but most of them didn't show up for my first lesson.I'm here because I like firewhiskey and butter beer."
LessiJames
LessiJames
Head of Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Briony sighed lightly, so she was with another of those happy children loving teachers was she? Casting her mind back to baby Raven, being looked after by Richard tonight, Briony's expression became very frustrated that she couldn't actually do much yet.

"Well since most of the students died you might not have very many people in your lessons." she noted, very factually, it was very strange thing for her to have the corridors of Hogwarts so quiet instead of hustling and bustling with activity.

"Butterbeer seems to childish to me now, I much prefer normal beer without the butter." she sighed, taking another sip.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by LessiJames Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:29 pm

"Pity about all those deaths although I didn't lose anyone I knew thankfully.Most peole seem to stop drinking butter beer by my age."
LessiJames
LessiJames
Head of Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:30 am

Briony raised an eyebrow and she felt the cool steel of her knife press against her thigh, she knew that many a German had died at her hand and she had never really thought of their lives and the ones that they had left behind, and now that the deaths had occured, she did think of those things, but found that she didn't care.

"All of our comrades who have fallen are a loss to Britain, I only hope that their death will not be in vain." she sighed "You are lucky to have lost nobody in the years this war has raged, you must be one of the only ones."
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by LessiJames Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:47 pm

Lessi just nodded sadly not sure of what to say.
LessiJames
LessiJames
Head of Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Briony could tell that the conversation was more than a little depressing, but it seemed that the only two emotions that Briony posessed recently was morose or raging mad, and so she supposed that Miss James should be glad the mood was as it was.

Frowning at the table in front of her, Briony ran her finger across the grain of the wood, she was not a very good conversationalist lately, but that didn't really matter to her she thought, if people wanted to talk to her they would, if they didn't then they didn't.

"Have you enjoyed your time at Hogwarts so far?" she asked quietly.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by LessiJames Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:52 pm

"I have enjoyed it.It's been really nice to go back to my old school,the students seem to at least understand flying although it doesn't seem to be hard to understand and there's plently of room to go flying.And the food is good of course."
LessiJames
LessiJames
Head of Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:30 am

Briony was glad for the conversation, it managed to distract her from the thoughts that she had been fighting off from her mind, and the more she thought about them, the more she thought that they would be a good idea...when she knew that it was incredibly damaging to her both mentally and physically.

But did she care enough for it to stop her?

"I did not attend Hogwarts as a child, so I have no fond memories there apart from the ones I have created since working there, it is an amiable establishment indeed."
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by LessiJames Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:03 pm

"Where did you go for school then?"
LessiJames
LessiJames
Head of Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:01 am

Briony's eyes flared a little bit with anger, she didn't like people prying into her personal life, even when they had been friends for years, it was something that she really disliked, especially when she didn't want to dwell on in the first place.

So when Lessi asked her where she had gone to school, it got her back up a little bit, but it wasn't as bad as some of the questions that she could have been asked;

"I was homeschooled by my Grandmother and my father." she answered simply "I would rather leave that point of conversation alone."
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Dark Thoughts (OPEN) Empty Dark Thoughts

Post by LessiJames Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Well her life was her business and Lessi was sure that there was plenty of other stuff they could talk about. "Sorry I didn't mean to bring back bad memories or anything. I hear the Yule Ball is coming up."
LessiJames
LessiJames
Head of Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Briony felt her respect for Lessi grow when she left the point of conversation alone with no quibbling questions about why, or what happened with her parents or annoying things like that other people might have tried to figure out.

Hearing the conversation switch to the Yule Ball, Briony nodded her head, a smirk on her lips, it was loosing the school bucketloads of cash, but even she couldn't help but get excited about the party, she did pull out all the stops for it after all.

"Yes it is, 23rd December, are you planning to attend the event?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Dark Thoughts (OPEN) Empty Dark Thoughts

Post by LessiJames Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:32 pm

"I might.I should probably decide soon I'd have to pick out a dress.Still it sounds like fun I've always liked dancing."
LessiJames
LessiJames
Head of Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Briony at least had one member of staff coming to the ball, it was something that although she didn't really have a lot of enthusiasm for, she knew it would be a very good motivator for the rest of the school including the professors, given the sadness of what had happened a few weeks ago.

"Yes you would have to decide on your dress, it's black tie after all, I don't really care for large functions, or places with many people, however I understand the importance of the events to the students and professors in Hogwarts." she muttered.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by LessiJames Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:08 am

"Well I hope that you still enjoy the ball if you come.Overly crowded places can get annoying."
LessiJames
LessiJames
Head of Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:38 am

Briony blinked a little bit and she almost wondered if the woman in front of her had a problem, of course if she was the host of the ball she would have to be in attendance she couldn't merely duck out, her pureblood family upbringing had at least told her that much.

"If I throw a party, or ball as it were, it is only manners to come to the event that you are hosting whether you enjoy it or not." she frowned "I suppose many people may be at home with their families, so it may be rather quiet."
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by LessiJames Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:55 pm

"Oh.I don't know a lot about this stuff."While Lessi had gone to a few parties she had never hosted any figuring it was too much of a hassle besides her parents hadn't really bothered teaching her anything about balls.
LessiJames
LessiJames
Head of Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:03 am

Briony made a small noise of humour when Lessi told her that she had never had much tutoring on the proper ettiquette that should be used when hosting events, it was something that onyl really pure blood families who were mad onf tradtion were ever taught.

"I was brought up in an extremist pure blood family." Briony said with a mischevious glint in her eyes, a smirk on her lips "As a woman I had to learn all of the stereotypical things that women would have to do in the house...including cleaning and cooking." Briony glared at her glass, the memories were something she didn't want to have running around in her mind.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by LessiJames Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:34 pm

"Are you OK? You look bothered.Sorry if this conversation is depressingly you."
LessiJames
LessiJames
Head of Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down