Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Returning home (OPEN)

3 posters

Go down

Returning home (OPEN) Empty Returning home (OPEN)

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:47 am

Haley walked from the station at Hogsmeade and looked up at the towers she could see in the distance. Two months until she got to see it again. In the mean time, she'd spend time in Caerphilly castle, all by herself. She sighed. Even after four summers without her parents, a fifth wasn't going to be better, and she looked no less forward to it.

She walked until she found an empty compartment. She could've sat down with others she knew, but she hadn't seen anyone yet. She missed her friends. She missed them all. But they were gone. Damn the rebels. But she still had Charlotte and Airen and Humphrey, right? Haley clenched her teeth. Did she? She sat down in the seat next to the window and she looked out of it with a feeling of being absolutely defeated.

Suddenly she hoped someone would join her, be it one of the three mentioned or someone she didn't really know. It didn't matter. She just wanted to think about other things than her lost friends and family. She just wanted to make a plan with a complete stranger that would drag her from being alone for two complete months. She just wanted help.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Returning home (OPEN) Empty Re: Returning home (OPEN)

Post by MelodyLovegood Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:56 pm

"Can I sit here?"Melody asked.The train was starting to get full and it was hard to find a place to sit.She recognized the girl as one of Charlotte's friends and was pretty sure that her name was Haley.

MelodyLovegood
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Johnson Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:47 am

Alex walked up to the Hogwarts Express carrying his suitcase, stuffed to the brim as usual. Walking onto the train, he looked for a compartment to sit in. He would miss Hogwarts, he always did when he left here. As of yet he didn't really have any plans for the summer. Summers were fun, but he would miss his friends here, especially Naomi.

Eventually he found a compartment with a fellow Hufflepuff and a younger Ravenclaw student. Lugging his suitcase with him, he entered and put it out of the way. "Hope you don't mind if I join you two. My name's Alex Johnson, nice to meet you." he said, smiling at both of them. "You know, even though I see you all the time, I don't think we've ever really talked." Alex told Haley.
Alex Johnson
Alex Johnson
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodyLovegood Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:55 am

"I'm Melody Lovegood.It's nice to meet you too."

MelodyLovegood
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:40 am

Haley looked up in surprise and relief when a girl she recognized from around the school walked in. She smiled and shook her head. "By all means," she said, gesturing to any of the free spots. She was about to introduce herself, not remembering the girl's name (Haley was terrible with names) when the compartment door opened again and a fellow Hufflepuff from her own year joined them.

Haley wanted to punch herself for not having talked more with him. If she remembered correctly, she believed his name was Alex. "Not at all, and it's nice to finally meet you too. I'm Haley Smith," she said with a soft smile. And he had spared her from having to ask Melody's name as the girl introduced herself.

She looked at them and sighed. "Merlin, I'm going to miss Hogwarts this summer," she said with a small pout and then smiled again, "What about you? Will you do anything interesting this summer?"
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Johnson Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:57 am

Alex smiled a bit at Haley, she seemed to be glad to have somebody to talk to. Haley had seemed to be struggling pretty badly at the start of the year, but had improved a lot over the past couple of weeks. It would be good to get to know her a little bit better. "You know, sometimes I feel like we're the only Hufflepuffs around." he told Haley.

He definitely knew where Haley was coming from. "I definitely am too, I love that place." Alex said, sighing with her. "Umm, don't really have any plans actually. Try and get some flying in on my broomstick, maybe do some hiking and rock climbing. Kind of want to see this girl named Naomi, she's a Gryffindor in our year, but not sure if she'll be able to or not yet. What about you?" he asked Haley.
Alex Johnson
Alex Johnson
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:04 am

Haley gave a small laugh. "Agreed. I mean, there is only one girl in the fifth year dormitory, and that would be me," she said with a sigh, "But it's okay, I kind of enjoy that as well. There's no one I can grow seriously sick of."

She nodded to what he was saying. "Well, feel free to stop by Caerphilly castle if you'd like. I really have got nothing to do this summer either," she said with a slight shrug. Then she smiled and fixed him with a curious gaze. "And who is this Naomi?" she asked suggestively, "Some crush going on there?"
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Johnson Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:21 am

Alex laughed a bit with her, she had a point. One nice thing about not there being many Hufflepuffs was there was always a good spot by the common room fire, and nobody to bug you to death. "Yea, I'm the only guy in the fifth year dorm. It is nice not having people to bug you, but sometimes I wish there were a couple more people to talk to, ya know. Well if I ever annoy you just tell me to get lost." he said, teasing her a bit.

When she said she didn't really have anything to do and wouldn't mind him stopping by he smiled widely. "Awesome, I think I might have to take you up on that sometime. Should I owl ahead, or just show up?" he asked.

Alex turned a bright red when she asked if he had a crush. "Naomi Night, she's a Gryffindor in our year. Blonde, beautiful, these amazing blue eyes, and she's pretty funny." he said, trying to give her a good descriptions so Haley would know who he was talking about. "I've had a crush on her since second year..." he admitted sheepishly.
Alex Johnson
Alex Johnson
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodyLovegood Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Melody sat down.She didn't know Noami but the girl sounded nice.

MelodyLovegood
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:27 am

Haley nodded, understanding what he meant about too much alone time. It had been pretty hard for her to get any real friends when no one of them were in her house. "I don't think you'd bug me," she said kindly.

"You should most likely throw an owl, people aren't really allowed into my home without an extended invitation," she said with a slight shrug. The downside to living in Caerphilly castle; too many tourists pretended to be a family friend and walked inside.

Haley smiled when Alex blushed. "Sounds like an awesome girl. I can't wait to meet her. I think I know who you're talking about though, I've seen her around, but I haven't actually talked to her yet," she said softly, hoping she would get the chance.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down