Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Life Goal (Open)

Go down

A Life Goal (Open) Empty A Life Goal (Open)

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:13 pm

Salina Devante had never had anything of overly importance in her life. For a long time, she had been the centre of her universe. Ever since coming to Hogwart's, she had learnt so much. She had become humble, she had become kind, she had felt the pain of loss and the joy of love. She had gained a new family whom she already loved, and a younger sœur that she would do anything for.

It was why you would find this Ravenclaw girl seated at a table with books piled around her - and no, she was not studying for classes. That had already been done, and now she could focus on her life goal, the reason for her existence. She was going to cure blindness, maybe not in the muggle world but in the wizarding one. She had books on the human eye, the human body, the functions of the eye, and anything about the eye or blindness in general.

She was busy reading about how the eye worked, and how the different veins caused it to be able to give sight to the user of them. She had several sheets of parchment spread around her, and she was busy scribbling down facts about the eye. She felt that if she could find out how it functioned and what made it work, she could use magic to tweak it and fix Tessa's eyes.

Back to top Go down

A Life Goal (Open) Empty Re: A Life Goal (Open)

Post by Anne Jones Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Anne heard that Tessa's sister was looking for a cure for blindness as well. If anyone else was looking, they could share ideas. Though Anne had found the only known cure, Tessa wouldn't use it. Anne entered the libray, though she was sick of the room. She found Salina at a back tabe, with papers and books all around. She smiled, she had done this too.

Anne went up to her. "Hi," she said extending her hand, "I'm Anne, Tessa's room-mate. Anyways I heard you were looking for a cure for blindness." She paused waiting for her response. Then said.

"I think I can help."

Anne Jones
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:39 pm

Salina trailed her finger over a part about the two veins that connected to give sight to the eye. She scribbled everything down, excitement coursing through her. She could imagine it now, Tessa being able to see forever. Salina knew that she would give anything for that, to have her little sœur being able to see.

She looked up as a Gryffindor named Anne came over and extended her hand in introduction. She'd heard of this Gryffindor giving out palm readings, and with a small smile Salina lightly shook Anne's hand and patted the seat beside her for Anne to sit down. When she said she could help, Salina's eyes lit up.

"Really? How?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Jones Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Anne sat down and pulled out her notes and the book that had the cure. "I have a cure. The only thing is it comes at a price." She handed Salina the book open to the right page.

"Blindness is very uncommon for witchs and wizards, however it is not unheard of. The only way to permently regain sight is by using a unique charm and giving someone else your blindness."

She knew that Salina would want to know. "Thats it." she prayed she didn't ask where she got the book.

Anne Jones
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Salina was interested when she mentioned a cure, however her eyes darkened at the 'price'. She pulled the book towards her and read the passage with wide eyes. A switching charm, it was genius. Even though it didn't cure the blindness, it was still a brilliant idea.

She looked at Anne curiously, and she knew what she had to do. She shut the book, and shut her own book as well. She paused and looked at Anne with a soft smile.

"Anne, I want to give my sight to Tessa. It won't be easy, and we'll need that boy that she's so fond of to help. I'll try to suggest it to her when you're both there, she'll probably refuse and he'll have to stun her."

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Jones Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Anne smiled she was going to help Tessa. "I'm in lets go." she said grabing the book and her notes. She left the library and felt very exicted. Tessa could see her world. She could see the beauty of this school.

Anne Jones
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Salina beamed as she was met with no argument from Anne. That was a major relief, as she really didn't want to have to convince Anne that she wanted to do this. She gathered her books and other gear and swiped them into her bag. She stood up and followed after Anne, excited beyond belief.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down