Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All I Can Do (Senium and Richard)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

All I Can Do (Senium and Richard) - Page 2 Empty Re: All I Can Do (Senium and Richard)

Post by Richard Romain Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:37 am

The way she gasped told Richard that, once again, he'd stumbled across the right thing to say to cheer her up. Or at least to change her way of thinking. He smiled,

"Then if your family thinks that you are beautiful then you are beautiful!" he smiled happily, "Always nice to see children who respect and admire their family members."

Richard couldn't help but chuckle to himself when Senium became silent instantly. She was going to be fun, he could tell already. Her politeness and his informality were going to really have it out. He laughed lightly when it became obvious that she had not been expecting those kinds of rules. But he could also see that they meant a lot to him. He cupped her cheek gently and smiled,

"It's going to be great fun for the both of us." he ruffled her hair, "While you're my apprentice... you are my family."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

All I Can Do (Senium and Richard) - Page 2 Empty Re: All I Can Do (Senium and Richard)

Post by Senium Nex Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:48 am

Senium smiled broadly and she wondered if it was something that Richard had felt for his family too, and she was about to ask him when her Grandpapa's words flared in her mind, never to ask of someones family, only wait until they tell you, she hoped however that nothing bad had happened in Richard's past...he didn't seem like he deserved it.

"It might just be something that I do. Not a lot of people have a good relationship with their parents now adays and it is really quite frustrating and sad for me to see." she sighed, people who had parents, should appreciate and love them until they can't any more.

With a small smile Senium rested her head against his hand and felt that Richard was warm, such a simple tender action, coupled with almost finding a new family member, made her tears spill over her eyes and splash down her cheeks, but she smiled still.

"This is such an honour for me, I'm so proud to have earnt this apprenticeship from you, and I can't wait to begin to learn from you." she beamed through her tears.
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:53 am

Richard could tell that she was on the brink of asking him something, probably about his family considering that was their last conversation point, but she stopped. He was right, he reflected, she was a very polite person,

"Yes every generation seems to disagree with their parents' generation apparently. Seems to be the norm, especially when you become a teenager." he shrugged a little bit, "I didn't get much chance to be anything but respectful to my parents. Until the end of course."

He stroked her cheek gently with his thumb. The introduction of tears made Richard blink a little bit but he wiped them away as quickly as they came, smiling softly at her the whole time,

"Like I said, the student honours the master and I am very honoured." he smiled a bit wider, "I will teach you everything I know Senium! Transfiguration and Alchemy!"
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:04 am

Senium smiled slightly and she realised that she might not ever get to that stage, after all people that had her condition normally didn't reach their late teens, and she knew that she probably wouldn't either, even if she did like to think positively when it came to things like that.

"Hopefully I wont be too much of a burden, I would hate to think of myself in that way, that's why I always do what I'm told so that I'm not a problem." she said matter of factly, with a happy little nod.

When Richard told her that he would also teach her alchemy it was like all of her christmas' had come at once, she had only ever thought that she would be able to to transfiguration, and she knew that it was sort of like it, but it was vastly more complex, and she hoped she'd be able to do it.

"I only hope that I'll be able to do alchemy...I've never tried it before, and what I've read sounds...awfully dangerous..."
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:12 am

The sad quality to Senium's smile made Richard blink a few times. When thinking about the future, most 11 years olds would be a bundle of hyper-active energy. Hell, he'd met one who had literally started bouncing off the walls when he was told that he had the potential to be an auror,

"I'm sure you won't be a burden." he told her happily, "If anything you'll probably make my burdens seem less with your bright attitude and hopefully I can help with yours too."

When he told her that she would be learning Alchemy as well, Richard could see her visibly start fighting the urge to move in excitement. It was then that he realised he'd been in her exact same position when his Master had first approached him with the idea of alchemy,

"There's nothing to it if you're careful." he assured her with a smile, "It's mostly concentration but I'll be there with you through every step of the way to help you too."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:23 am

Senium was glad that Richard was noticing that she was a normally very happy person, she did try to make herself happy most of the time, after all being sad would mean that she was being a burden on other people, they didn't want to hear her problems, so she wrote them down in her diary instead, or let them out through her dancing that she composed.

"I sure hope that you are going to be helped by me, I am going to be trying my best as well, it's going to be the best thing I've ever done! Bar one...sorry." she smiled happily.

Extremely glad that she was going to have her Masters support when it came to the development of her alchemy skills, it was making her feel more at ease with beginning to practice her magic in front of someone else than her Grandpapa, it always made her slightly nervous.

"I'm sure that with your help I'll be able to do it just right." Senium said enthusiastically, and she smiled, even though her muscles were now screaming out in pain with stiffness.
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:35 am

Richard had noticed Senium's happy attitude the first time he'd spoken to her and it hadn't really let up throughout the whole conversation, something he would be glad of no doubt. He could tell that it was a mask. The fact that she had been happy throughout the entire conversation, and about the same level of happy, made it rather obvious that she wasn't truly happy all the time,

"You try your best and I'll try mine and there'll be nothing we can't achieve!" he assured her with a wide grin, "The world will be our stage and we it's actors!"

He could see that his support would be needed as well, the poor girl seemed to shrink into herself a bit. If needs be then he would be the one to support her throughout her studies at school,

"Of course you will!" he agreed with a smirk before poking her nose, "But it'll be because of your talent and hard work that you succeed!"
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:48 am

Senium smiled lightly and she was about to respond when everything seemed to seize up on her and she hissed lightly in pain, knowing that she would have to get home pretty soon if she was actually going to be able to make it to Hogwarts to become Richard's apprentice.

Humming lightly to herself to distract from the pain, Senium opened her mouth to try to speak again and spoke, very quietly; "I think...I think I best be going home now."

Hearing what sounded like her Grandpapa far off in the forest, Senium knew that she had to walk to him, and she smiled to Richard, waving slightly, hoping that her muscles would at least allow her to tap her ring so she could return to her grandpapa.

"That's my family so, they'll be worried about me, hopefully we can meet again soon though...Master Richard!" she said cheerfully and tapped her ring, dissappearing in a poof of blue smoke, to her Grandpapa who tutted at her condition and worridley apparated the two of them home.

(OOC: New sadders thread? Set after the Hospital One? Smile)
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2