Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thankfully Still Intact (Char and Cobie)

2 posters

Go down

Thankfully Still Intact (Char and Cobie) Empty Thankfully Still Intact (Char and Cobie)

Post by Charlotte Smith Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:47 pm

Charlotte found herself at home in a blink of an eye, she hadn't even known where they had been going yet she had ended up here all the same, Cobalt must have known to bring her here, now that she had begun to renovate the house in her spare time it looked beautiful...

Like it used to.

Staggering over to one of the chairs Charlotte sat herself down on it and massaged her chest for a moment, still frightened and in pain she whimpered softly, she never, ever wanted to set foot in that building again.

"Please...please don't make me go back...please...." Charlotte whispered
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Thankfully Still Intact (Char and Cobie) Empty Re: Thankfully Still Intact (Char and Cobie)

Post by Cobalt Smith Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:09 am

Cobalt had apparated charlotte and himself away from the school as soon as they'd cleared the wards. He knew that she would be much more comfortable at home so that's where he took her. He was still seething with rage however. That monster of a man was left in charge of the health of children?

Sighing, Cobalt scooped Charlotte up in a hug. Sitting down, Cobalt set Charlotte down on his knee to better hold his daughter close,

"Charlotte listen to me..." he told her quietly, "I will never let that man near you again Charlotte. I will protect you."

He tapped her charm bracelet,

"Givw this a squeeze and I will drop literally everything to be with one."
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Thankfully Still Intact (Char and Cobie) Empty Re: Thankfully Still Intact (Char and Cobie)

Post by Charlotte Smith Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:34 am

Charlotte felt herself being picked up and she lay her head on Cobalt's chest, still white with fright, literally white, her skin had turned the colour of paper and she was shaking against her father, all she could think about was the man on the bed, the German, and how he had died.

"But I was so scared...so so scared...what if he gets me before you reach me? What happens Daddy? Will I end up like that man on the table?"

Her eyes welled up with tears and she cried again, quite loudly as she curled herself up into a ball on her fathers lap, her eyes turning slowly back red, but that make her look almost demented as the rest of her was still white.

"What happens if I get sick at Hogwarts? What happens if he comes after me? What should I do daddy? What if...what if I wake up one night and he's there and he kills me before I can summon you! Or he takes my bracelet away?!"
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:20 am

It was easy for Cobalt to see how worked up Charlotte was getting about this and not just because her body language was screaming about absolute terror to him. No, because she was a metamorph he could literally see her mood in her body and at the moment it wasn't looking too good at all. She was terrified of the man,

"The modified charm on the bracelet." he whispered quietly as he gave her a reassuring squeeze, "It detects when he's near and sends out the warning even if you don't squeeze. I will come to you whenever there is the slightest chance you will be alone with that... creature."

He held her tightly to him, trying to be strong and not to show her how scared he'd been of losing her. If he wasn't strong then what reason would she have to be strong? How could she be strong if he daddy, her strong father, wasn't? He stroked her hair gently,

"Charlotte... I want you to look in my eyes." he instructed her, looking into her eyes. His, ironically, cobalt blue eyes meeting with her pale red orbs, "I will never let anything happen to you Charlotte. The charm will tell me. I will be there for you whenever you need me."
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:46 am

As Cobalt reassured her by squeezing her softly Charlotte stopped crying so hard and she merely sat there looking at the floor, the Mark on her wrist still visible where she had tried to get out of Steins trap and she really didn't know how to feel right now.

"Okay Daddy...I trust you...I know you'll come and help me I know you will."

Biting her lip Charlotte looked into her fathers eyes and she shivered softly, that man can't have been human, but she didn't know what he was.

"What was he...?"

Charlotte felt her colour come back to her and she continued to look into Cobalts eyes, the soft blue colour making her feel calmer and she kissed his cheek softly and she drew away nodding slowly, she believed him, she knew that he would save her.

"I believe you Cobie, I believe you...but...could we maybe do something? Keep me busy?"
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:57 am

It filled Cobalt's heart with joy that Charlotte trusted him so completely with her safety. He had had many a sleepless night worrying about being able to protect Charlotte but he was confident in his ability to do so. He knew that when it came down to it there was nothing he wouldn't do for Charlotte. There was nothing he would not sacrifice. There was no law and no moral code he would not break.

At the question about what the man had been, Cobalt found that he couldn't answer with any degree of certainty. He just plain didn't know. The man had a bolt through his skull after all. No man lived through that,

"I'm not sure what he is." he admitted quietly, "But it doesn't matter. If he seeks to hurt you then he dies like anyone else."

He smiled warmly at the kiss he received to the cheek, even though he felt that Alex wished it had been on the lips. He smiled a little bit,

"Actually I was planning on doing some training with you." he told her warmly, "On your transformation skills and such."
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:02 am

Charlotte was scared again. What could the man be if Cobalt didn't know? Cobalt knew everything...and anything! How strange could this man then be, but Charlotte tried to stop her mind from wondering too long on him lest she grow scared again.

"Okay Daddy...okay..."

Blushing slightly Charlotte slid off Cobalts lap and dusted her shorts off, she smiled softly and nodded her head. She was very very grateful for the distraction and she did really need to work on her transformation skills.

"I like the sound of that! You always know how to cheer me up Cookie!" she smiled happily
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down