Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shadow of Death (Marcus and Evangeline)

2 posters

Go down

The Shadow of Death (Marcus and Evangeline) Empty The Shadow of Death (Marcus and Evangeline)

Post by Shekel Umec Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:18 am

Marcus sat under a tree in the graveyard as the sun died on the horizon in a beautiful display of orange and red light. The day was ending, the night was coming and he was in the graveyard, waiting for death. His poetry must have been affecting his habits because he had specially come here at this time of day for the symbolism. Perhaps he was just naturally dramatic.

But what he was doing was dramatic by nature after all. Using some contacts in the Ministry he'd called Evangeline Webb, The Reaper, to come here to talk to him. He was in a graveyard, at the end of the day, waiting to meet with Death. Almost like a line from his own poetry.
Shekel Umec
Shekel Umec
Creature

Back to top Go down

The Shadow of Death (Marcus and Evangeline) Empty Re: The Shadow of Death (Marcus and Evangeline)

Post by Evangeline Webb Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:40 am

Evangeline was very surprised to be contacted by someone who actually seemed to want to speak with her, not run away from her and insult her, so very reluctantly she had agreed to meet with the person, who was some sort of writer.

Blinking in the sunset, Evangeline popped into existance in the middle of the graveyard, before closing her eyes and shifting through the death to find the one person who was alive in here still, managing to do so, she hummed to herself and then popped into existance, suddenly, on the bench next to him.

It was something that she had been told was rather sinister, appearing soundlessly beside people, but she did rather enjoy looking at their scared expressions.

"Hello." she greeted, quietly gazing straight ahead.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

The Shadow of Death (Marcus and Evangeline) Empty Re: The Shadow of Death (Marcus and Evangeline)

Post by Shekel Umec Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:44 am

Marcus had been merely looking at the setting sun when the woman he'd been waiting for, Evangeline, simply popped into existence beside him. He jumped a little bit before managing to calm himself down. Chuckling a little nervously, his hand on his chest over his beating heart, Marcus grinned sheepishly,

"You gave me a little bit of a shock there Evangeline!" he told her with a happy smile that seemed a bit strained, "You are Evangeline right? Not just someone who's really really good at silent apparation?"
Shekel Umec
Shekel Umec
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:51 am

Evangeline let a very small twitch occur at the end of her lips, which indicated to anyone who knew her a very small sort of smile, she only smiled when she was in the company of Jack after all, and now she had begun to wonder a few things about whether she should still maintain the relationship with him the way it was currently.

"I am Evangeline Webb, yes. You are Marcus Umec, I believe you have some questions that you desire to ask of me." she stated, still looking dead ahead at the lines of graves in front of her, closing her eyes she waited until she had visualised sending a new soul into it's rightful place, before opening them once more.

"So you had better ask them." she stated, once again.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekel Umec Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:58 am

Marcus smiled a little bit as he glanced at Evangeline out of the corner of his eye. He wasn't sure what the mouth twitch had actually been but he chose to interpret it as a sort of smile. Made her seem more friendly to him that way,

"Well that's a relief. Sometimes I try to introduce myself only to realise I've got the wrong person! Or they already know me, like you." he told her with a chuckle before he closed his eyes for a few seconds. When he opened them he saw her concentrating on something before telling him to ask his questions. Deciding not to beat around the bush, he took a deep breath, "What are vampires to you? Are they right to live undead? Or is the state of undeath frowned upon by you and Death?"
Shekel Umec
Shekel Umec
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:07 am

Evangeline thought that this man was very happy, and she was not used to having so many happy people around her, after all it was not very usual for people to be happy around an entity that brought death, even though she was not the death of the people itself, she just cleaned up the mess afterwards.

Hearing the mans question, made Evangeline's eyebrows raise, this was something that was not expected, and she blinked a little bit before she opened her mouth and she sighed a little bit, this was going to be a tricky one to answer.

"This is where me and death differ, Vampires, technically have no souls, because I reap them when they die, so to me they can do whatever they please, my job is done." she stated "Death however, looks less kindly upon them, unfortunately, he can't really do much because they're already dead."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekel Umec Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:14 am

Marcus could tell the difference between a Reaper and Death itself because he had done a lot of research into the subject for his poetry. And so far she seemed to not only be a nice person but to be rather likable as well so he wasn't about to believe she was the embodiment of Death.

He could tell by her initial reaction that she had not been expecting that to be his question. It was a pretty odd question he acknowledged but he really needed to know. He needed to know if he was going to be doing the right thing or not,

"So the state of undeath doesn't really bother you?" he asked before sighing a little bit in relief, "Well that's a relief. I don't exactly want my lover to be the enemy of the Reaper after all."
Shekel Umec
Shekel Umec
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:18 am

Evangeline's eyes flashed as soon as Marcus told her that it was his lover that he was worried about, he should be worried about her, that vampire had given reapers nothing but trouble over the years, especially recently, and she had a large grudge against the woman in question.

"I am afraid that even though I do not hold grduges against vampires for being what they are, Charlie Disneur has not made a good impression upon my former reapers, and upon myself."

Evangeline stated, her expression still blank except for a small frown that was developing on her features. Between her and Jack, Evangeline had been kept busy for quite a while, and her fight with her lover had not gone down well in her eyes.

"Are you thinking of becoming a vampire?" she asked quite simply.

Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekel Umec Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:35 am

Marcus flinched a little bit when he saw something unfriendly flash in Evangeline's eyes when he mentioned Charlie. Was that what he could look forward too? Seeing hate in people's eyes whenever he told them he was her lover? He just didn't know what to think anymore. He sighed a little bit and nodded,

"She has done some terrible things hasn't she?" he asked quietly, almost afraid of the answer, "How many people has she... has she killed since you became a Reaper Evangeline?"

When Evangeline asked him, flat out, if he was thinking about becoming a vampire he sighed and rubbed at the bridge of his nose,

"She's asked me to accept it." he admitted, "Says that she can't stand humans... that I need to be a vampire for us to be together."
Shekel Umec
Shekel Umec
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:40 am

Evangeline flicked her eyes for the first time to look at Marcus' own and she felt them boring into him, she wanted him to be able to know exactly how much his lover had done to wrong her, and how much she would not be letting her get away with it for much longer.

"She has killed over 500 people since she had developed, her...new personality." Evangeline stated, her voice tinged with anger, anger directed at the powerful vampire who just didn't seem to want to die in the near future.

With a small sigh, Evangeline gently grabbed Marcus' chin and she looked deeply into his eyes, taking the measure of him in before she smiled gently, ever so gently and let him go once more, she had found out what she needed.

"You are a good man Marcus, if you accept, do not let her turn you into a vampire like herself, you deserve better than what that life will lead you to."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down