Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Human Interactions (Albus and Darquesse)

2 posters

Go down

Human Interactions (Albus and Darquesse) Empty Human Interactions (Albus and Darquesse)

Post by Darquesse Vermont Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:27 am

Darquesse, as she often was, was looking out over the mass of people in the Leaky Cauldron, it was a busy day here and she saw lots of strange and wonderful sights that the humans were up to while they were in the pub, one man had brought in a variety of bats and had decided it would be a good idea to let them out of their box and obviously they all pormpty flew away into the rafters, it had taken them a long time to gather them all back up again.

Of course she knew that the humans were wary of her, they seemd to catch onto the feeling that most people did when she was near, that feeling of uneasyness that no matter how hard she had tried, Darquesse could not get rid of, she didn;t even really know how she had managed to get it in the first place.

With a small sigh she turned on her seat and looked out of a dingy window onto the muggle street in front of the pub, it was so odd to see the people going past and knowing that they had no idea she was there, although to her, it was something she was used to. she was invisible half of the time anyway. Cupping her still full drink of butterbeer Darquesse wondered what unusual event would happen next.

Darquesse Vermont
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Human Interactions (Albus and Darquesse) Empty Re: Human Interactions (Albus and Darquesse)

Post by Albus Fenwick Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:35 am

Albus was walking through Diagon Alley, just to waste some time since had nothing to do at the moment. Working at Hogwarts was nice, but the summers did get a bit dull. He decided to stop at the Leaky Cauldron to grab a Butterbeer, and some fish and chips. After placing his order, he scanned the room, curious to see if there were any interesting people.

One man had bats with him, which was one of the oddest sights he had ever seen. They had gotten loose, no surprise, and he'd had to chase them all around. Other than that there was a girl sitting by a table all by herself. She was just looking out the window and sipping her butterbeer, but for some reason the people closest to her seemed uncomfortable. In his opinion she was rather pretty, so he wondered what had happened to cause the unease.

Grabbing his food when it came out, he walked over to the girl sitting by herself. It appeared that she was close to his age if he would have had to guess, perhaps a few years younger. "Do you mind if I sit here? My name's Albus Fenwick by the way." he said, offering his hand to shake. Some part of him told him he should walk away, but the other part wanted to reach out to her. Albus decided he should act on the nicer part of his character, and stayed.
Albus Fenwick
Albus Fenwick
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Human Interactions (Albus and Darquesse) Empty Re: Human Interactions (Albus and Darquesse)

Post by Darquesse Vermont Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:40 am

Darquesse blinked when she heard someone approaching her and even talking to her, she didn't understand why he didn't feel affected in the same manner that everyone else who came into contact with her did, it was so very strange but she couldn't bring herself to really question it, deep down, this was what she had wanted.

"I do not mind if you sit there no." she stated as she gazed curiously at the man in front of her, he seemed to be around her age slightly older and he had a kind persona about him, gently looking up to slightly above his head, Darquesse smiled and then returned her gaze to his eyes.

"My name is Darquesse Vermont. It is nice to meet you, Albus Fenwick." Darquesse spoke, in her rather monotone voice, but really, she had just never been given a chance to develop her interaction between humans before.

Darquesse Vermont
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Fenwick Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:38 am

Albus saw her blink when he approached, clearly surprised somebody was actually going to talk to her. Obviously, social interaction wasn't something she had a lot of practice at. Sure, he was a bit awkward, but this girl was just...different. Depending on how she dealt with it, it could be a good thing or a bad thing. She certrainly was beautiful though, and he had to force himself not to stare at her too much.

"Alright then, I think I'll join you." Albus said, slipping into the seat across from her. When her eyes slid above his head for some reason, Albus just chose to ignore it. He returned her smile, shocked by how much it seemed to brighten up her appearance.

The monotone caught him off guard, he'd never heard anybody except bored professors talk in monotones. Meeting somebody who used a monotone as a regular speaking voice was something he'd never encoiuntered. "Nice to meet you too, Miss Vermont." Part of him wondered if the girl was more than just a witch, perhaps she was only partially human. Something was odd about her, more than just an unusual upbringing. "What brings you to Diagon Alley today?" he asked.
Albus Fenwick
Albus Fenwick
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darquesse Vermont Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Darquesse regarded Albus with her cool silver eyes and she wondered if he was going to feel the same way that the other humans did and he would leave soon, but she hoped that he wouldn't she vowed she would even try to speak like some of the humans she had seen around her age while she was out in the cities.

"That food smells nice." she stated, tilting her head as she looked at the plate that Albus placed on the table in front of him, "What kind of dish is it?"

Hearing him ask why she was in Diagon Alley Darquesse wondered if she should tell the human the truth, after all it wasn't like she would see him again after this meeting, he would probably go away after a few minutes anyway, when her aura began to affect him.

"I am here because I enjoy watching humans interact with each other, they certainly are amusing, like that man who let his bats loose...what are you doing here?" she asked, her curious side coming out.

Darquesse Vermont
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Fenwick Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Albus noticed that Darquesse had silver eyes, a rare color. Gray and silver were one of the more unique eye colors, and he thought they looked lovely. This girl certainly was strange, yet beautiful. He wondered what her life had been like.

"It's fish and chips, one of my favorites." he replied. Who didn't know that? This girl was even stranger than he had first thought. "Would you like to try some?" Albus asked her.

That response was certainly not what he had been expecting. She spoke of humans as if she wasn't one. "I'm here because I had some time to kill and wanted to explore Diagon Alley a bit, browse the shops. I work at a school and since it's summer I have a lot of free time." he explained. "Are you...human?"
Albus Fenwick
Albus Fenwick
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darquesse Vermont Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Darquesse let her lips move into a small but graceful smile, she had often seen many different human foods but never fish and chips, she had never had the time she supposed, and being around food often made her upset, being able to smell it, and not being able to consume it, was unfair to her.

"Really? I believe that I have never seen fish and chips before, it looks like it would be a most appetising meal." she smiled gently "Unfortunately I cannot try it but thank you for the offer Albus."

Hearing he worked at Hogwarts Darquesse blinked and she tilted her head to one side, she had often wondered what the school looked like, as she had never attended or been inside, although she wished that she had been.

"Do you enjoy the school? I have often wondered about how it would look, is it as beautiful as the manuscripts say?" she asked.

It seemed that he was rather forward, but she saw no point in lying to him, if he chose to leave, then he could do so; "No, no I am not human."

Darquesse Vermont
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Fenwick Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:18 am

Albus could see that the smell of the food was getting to her a bit, and it did smell excellent. When she told him that she couldn't try it, his first thought was maybe she was on a diet. Then, he thought that there may be a different reason, she was very unusual after all.

"Well, it's a most excellent meal. A classic, and I've always loved it." he said, smiling back at her a bit. "Are you on a diet or something, why can't you try it?" he asked, unable to contain his curiosity. He had a feeling the answer would be something he didn't expect.

The mention of Hogwarts seemed to interest her, it did educate nearly all of the witches and wizards in Britain. Most people had been there at one point in time, but maybe she had studied at Durmstrang or Beauxbatons. There were other options for education.

"I quite enjoy working there, yes. Hogwarts feels more like a home to me than anywhere else. There's something rewarding about educating young minds. I teach Care of Magical Creatures, and am also the Guidance Councillor." he told her, because she seemed to be interested. "The school really is beautiful, as are you." Albus told her, smiling at her. She really was quite pretty, even if she didn't know it.

Perhaps there was a better way to ask the question, but he didn't know how to do it tactfully. "Sorry if that was rather blunt, I haven't met many who aren't humans before. So, are you a vampire? Werewolf? I really have no idea."

Albus Fenwick
Albus Fenwick
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darquesse Vermont Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:43 am

Darquesse often reflected upon certain humans and their curiosity, she often wondered if it was a good or a bad thing to have after all it did get you answers to questions, but sometimes when you were being pestered to give information you didn't want, it could lead to you becoming angry and harming the person in question.

This type of curiosity however, was refreshing for Darquesse, she was eager to share more information about herself.

"I am unable to try it because I lack the capability to eat. I cannot swallow food." she stated, tilting her head to one side as she stared at his meal "That is why it is something that facinates me, as something I can never experience."

Taking in all of the information Darquesse smiled lightly when Albus said he was the Guidance Councillor, he would do a good job at that role, she thought. He was friendly enough.

"I believe you will do a good job as Guidance Councillor, you have a friendly and warm manner about you, many humans find these appealing qualities in a confidant." she stated before blinking "Did you pay me a compliment?"

A small smile twitched at her lips and Darquesse shook her head; "None of those, I prefer people to guess what creature I am, it is one of my favourite things to do."

Darquesse Vermont
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Fenwick Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:12 am

Albus thought about her answer, interesting, he'd never met anybody who didn't eat before. Now he was really interested to find out what creature she was. Knowing that she didn't eat at all ruled out a lot of the creatures. She didn't seem to mind the questions, which was a bit of a relief to him.

"Interesting, I've never met somebody who couldn't eat before." he said, giving her a small smile. "So if you can't eat, I take it you don't drink either?" he asked. "I'm sure things I can't experience would fascinate me as well." He could see why she wondered about it, new or different things fascinated him as well.

Albus blushed a bit when she said he would be good at being a guidance councillor. Though he had always been a people person, he was a bit nervous about it. What if he didn't know what to tell somebody who came to him with a problem?

"Thank you, I'll definitely try my best at it. Hopefully the kids will be able to talk to me about their problems. First time doing something like this, just don't want to mess up." he admitted. Darquesse not being sure of whether or not she'd been complimented made him chuckle. "Yes I did. I called you beautiful, because you are." Albus said, smiling warmly at her.

A guessing game, let's see, what creature was she. "Alright, I'll see if I can get a lucky guess. Are you... a Reaper? An elf?" he guessed, not really sure if either was right.
Albus Fenwick
Albus Fenwick
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darquesse Vermont Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:21 am

Darquesse tilted her head to one side and let her auburn hair fall over her silver eyes, she had never been around a human for this long, did this man have something to do with death in the past? Is that why he was so comfortable with her, or maybe there was some other reason that she couldn't yet understand?

"No I do not consume nutrients like a human, I do not need to and it makes me quite ill to attempt, so I decided to abstain from my efforts many years ago." she hummed her eyes locking with his own for a moment or two.

When he explained his insecurities, Darquesse frowned lightly, this is what intrigued her about humans, if they knew that their employer thought them good enough to complete a job, why would they doubt themselves? They must know they are good at their jobs?

"Why do you believe you will mess up? Surely you are good enough to meet your employers standards, so...you will not 'mess up' in their opinion." she stated inquisitively before blinking quite rapidly and staring at Albus, did he really just pay her a compliment....again? "Well, thank you, I have never been paid a compliment before."

Frowning a little bit Darquesse folded her arms;

"You're no fun guessing correctly the first time."

Darquesse Vermont
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Fenwick Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:46 am

Albus saw heard tilt to the side, something that a lot of people did when they were confused about one thing or another. Was she surprised that he was staying here talking to her? He still did have the slight urge to run away, but it was more of a slight annoyance now than anything else. On the contrary, he was rather enjoying talking to Darquesse

"Well it makes sense to stop trying if it makes you sick to do so. So if you don't obtain nutrients that way, well how do you?" Albus asked, genuinely curious. He looked back at her, and a slight smile drew up the corners of his mouth. "Sure you don't mind these questions? I wouldn't want to accidentally offend you." he told her.

Huh, she did kind of have a point there. Most likely he would do a fine job, he should have a little more confidence in himself. It was just his first time teaching and being a counselor, didn't want to mess up.

"I don't know exactly, probably because this is my first time at a job like this. Going to do my best though, so perhaps I won't. Thanks for thinking I'll do a good job, I appreciate it." he said with a genuine smile. She's never been complimented? You've got to be kidding me. "You are most welcome. I only say it because I believe it to be true." Albus admitted with a wink.

"No way, I actually got it right?" he asked incredulously. "I've never met a Reaper before. To be honest I thought they'd look...well, scarier." he said quietly.
Albus Fenwick
Albus Fenwick
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darquesse Vermont Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:59 am

Darquesse had never really thought into the mechanics of everything she had merely accepted that this was what happened and that there was no greater reason why, but the questions that Albus was posing to her made her think about why she was like the way she was, and what she could do to find out more about it.

"I simply do not need to eat, I do not take in nutrients because my body runs on my magical energy alone, I do not grow or change shape, I do not need to breathe or complete human bodily functions so...I simply do not need to eat." she spoke as if it was a commonly known fact "I told you that I do not mind, if you ask me something I have no wish to answer I shall tell you."

When Albus made that strange movement of his eyelid to her, Darquesse tilted her head to one side and looked at him curiously, she believed it had a name in human interaction but she was not sure if she remembered what that might be;

"What was that curious movement of your eye that you just completed Albus?" she asked in a soft almost sing song voice.

Hearing Albus mention that he thought Reapers would be scarier Darquesse gave her small, shaky smile once more, she was out of practice at giving them after all;

"Many humans believe we should be skeletons in black robes, or a scary man with a large pointed object, but no, we are as we come and many are in fact women. We do however give off an aura many would find, fitting."

Darquesse Vermont
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus Fenwick Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:38 am

Albus waited while Darquesse considered the question. He listened to her answer, and decided that made as much sense as anything. It was odd meeting somebody who didn't eat, but there were stranger things in the world. Hopefully he would be able to see her again sometime, he liked talking with her.

"Interesting, I've never met a person who just ran on magical energy. Or who doesn't grow or change shape for that matter, you are certainly unique." he told her. "Okay, just wanted to make sure." he said with a smile.

Darquesse seemed to not know exactly what the wink was, and he chuckled a bit to himself. The random little things she didn't know about surprised him sometimes.

"It's called a wink Darquesse." Albus explained, listening to the lovely sound of her voice. He didn't mind having to explain things like this to her.

Seeing her attempt a smile was nice, but it definitely need some practice. The smile brightened up her appearance quite a bit, and made her look very pretty.

"Yea, us humans can be a superstitious bunch at times." he agreed. "Ah yes, the aura is certainly fitting. I'm not surprised that the people here are giving you a wide berth. Makes me a tad uncomfortable, I can ignore it though."
Albus Fenwick
Albus Fenwick
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down