Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amongst The Books (Char and Humphles)

2 posters

Go down

Amongst The Books (Char and Humphles) Empty Amongst The Books (Char and Humphles)

Post by Charlotte Smith Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:20 am

Charlotte although she was not a Ravenclaw was beginning to rather enjoy coming into Flourish and Blotts, every since it had advertised that it had a new owner she was more than happy to come and sit there all day looking over the history of magical arts books. She had tried to avoid it while the Christmas rush was going on, but now it was clear and she was able to look and browse without being bumped in to a million times.

After all, if she was going to be an artist she needed to do it properly, and she could happily flick through the books for hours deciding what her next peices' influence was going to be, and how she was going to try and copy a certain style. She had already read them so many times, but she never tired of looking at the artwork itself.

Now she sat on the steps of the bookstore, a happy smile on her lips and she looked around as the people came in and out of the shop, wondering if she would recognise anyone.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Amongst The Books (Char and Humphles) Empty Re: Amongst The Books (Char and Humphles)

Post by Humphrey Williams Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:34 am

Humphrey wandered into Flourish and Blott's, it was his favorite store in Diagon Alley aside from the Quality Quidditch Supplies. Wandering around, he decided to look at the arts section. He wanted to get some ideas for painting, and get a book on sculpture making. Since he'd never done that he needed to learn how. Walking into the section, he started scanning the titles. Pulling out three books, two just of artists he liked and one on how to make a sculpture, Humphrey walked to the register.

After purchasing the books, which he had scanned through and loved, he then walked out of the shop. As soon as he opened the door he recognized the person sitting next to the steps. "Oh, hey Charlotte! What are you doing here?" he asked her, grinning widely. Sitting down next to her, he gave her a light hug. "How have you been?"
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Amongst The Books (Char and Humphles) Empty Re: Amongst The Books (Char and Humphles)

Post by Charlotte Smith Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:00 am

Charlotte had recongised Humphrey the moment that he walked through the doors but he had been too enrapt in his task to spot her waving slightly at him. Pouting a little bit, she shrugged a little bit. He was probably really busy or had something else to do. Or maybe he was just being his usual, distracted, self.

When he noticed her, when he had almost left, she chuckled a little bit. Now that made a lot of sense for Humphrey. She smiled a little bit and held up one of the books,

"Hey there Humphles! Just reading a book to get some inspiration." she told him, returning the quick hug, "What about you? What you doing here? I've been doing alright, trying to think of new artistic directions mainly."
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:32 am

Humphrey was glad she seemed happy to see him. There had been a couple rough patches between them over the years, thankfully Charlotte was a forgiving person. The Slytherin was one of the nicest people in his year, despite the fact that Slytherins had a reputation for being nastier than the other houses.

He was being his absentminded self as usual, she had probably been there when he walked by walking into the store too. She had her own pile of books in front of her, and he saw the art titles.

"Ohh please don't call me that Charlotte. You know I don't like being called that. It's just too...cutesy." he said, blushing a little bit. "Great to see you though. Well I was just grabbing some books on art as well. I wanted to find some more influences and work on learning how to make sculptures. If you want we could try and figure it out together." he suggested. Then he took a seat next to her and smiled.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:54 am

Charlotte grinned a little bit when Humphrey protested to being called Humphles, she thought that the nickname was rather catchy and it was her mission to get Senium to start calling him it, even if it was just once so she could get his expression in a drawing, that would be enough for her to be honest.

"Awhhhh come on it's not that bad Humphrey, there could be worse nicknames you know, if you want I could think some up so you have a new found appreciation for your own." she teased lightly, wiggling her tongue at him.

Cracking a smile at him Charlotte shook her head, she knew most of the forms of art now, or the basics at least, and this was not something she would reccommend doing;

"I tried scuplting before, it's very time consuming and expensive to be honest, the matierals cost a lot and if you make a mistake, you have to start all over again with a new lump of rock..." she explained "Its defintely not my favourite."
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:20 am

Humphrey noticed that Charlotte was smiling, and he just burst out laughing. She had been egging him on a bit with the Humphles name, but she was right...it could be a lot worse. Looking at her, he had the sinking feeling she was planning something. What he had absolutely no idea, but there was something about her expression that was decidedly Slytherin, she had that cunning look about her.

"Well as lovely as that sounds." he said, sarcasm dripping from his voice. "I think I'll stick with Humphles, you're right, it really isn't that bad. Since I know how imaginative you can be...I prefer not to get on your bad side." Humphrey teased, sticking his tongue out at her. "I would think of an annoying nickname for you, but all I got is Lottie. What do you think of that one, Lottie?" he asked, winking at her.

Noticing the shake of Charlotte's head he realized she wasn't a big enthusiast of sculptures. He didn't know whether he would like it or not yet, but he wanted to at least try it.

"Yea, I know it's expensive and stuff. This is something I want to at least try once though, you know. See if I can make something that's worth keeping. Because with sculpting, if you make something special it can last a long time, endure. Also I could use ice instead of rock for practice, and that is easy enough to get a lot of." he said, he had given it some thought and he wanted to practice with ice sculptures first. "I want to practice what I want to do in ice and then try and do it in rock."

"Anyways, how are things going with you? Any new guys in your life, hmm?" he asked her, very curious. After what happened with Airen he was curious what kind of guy she would go for next. Charlotte could be a very unpredictable person at times.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 am

Charlotte smiled lightly and she shook her head, she actually loved the name Lottie, but it had always seemed to be one of those names that really stuck with her face, maybe it just seemed to soft for her tough and alternative appearence? She didn't know, but she definately wouldn't mind that nickname.

"I actually always loved the name Lottie, but it was one of those nicknames that never really stuck with me, Char did so...I don't really mind being called either." she shrugged with a cheeky grin, that was his plan down the drain.

Hearing Humphrey say he wanted to try ice sculptures first she thought it would be a good shout, after all you could create ice with magic, then you would be able to make as much as you needed to for free, it didn't matter if you messed up.

"I think that sounds like a good plan." she grinned "I would love to see some of your work when you've finished it, even if its awful at first, you always learn from your mistakes, I know that I did when I started out making them."

At Humphrey's question Charlotte looked at him shocked before she smiled softly, yes there was another guy but should she really say?

"Actually yes, I do have another uhm...interest? It's...it's complicated." she sighed lightly "Hows Senium?"
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:19 am

Humphrey saw that she really liked that nickname immediately, perhaps she wished more people called her by it. It was clear she had thought about that one before and it was good to see her smile. She always looked so tough with the way she dressed and made herself look, but she was one of the nicest people he'd ever met. He'd missed hanging out with her more than he had realized.

"Well I might call you by that every once in a while then. Personally I think it's a bit more unique and like it more than just Char, not sure why I didn't think of it earlier. Also reminds me of Phantom of the Opera." he said, grinning. That was one of his favorite stories of all time, and the music was amazing.

One of the challenges was going to be deciding on what to sculpt. Whether he wanted to do realistic things or imaginary or both. He should probably start with something simple and realistic, but he still wanted it to be unique. Once he chose then he would start the long process of actually figuring out how to sculpt.

"Yeah, I guess I could show you. I'll probably try and start with something easy. Just have to decide on what..." he admitted. "There definitely will be tons of mistakes. Part of life is making as many mistakes as possible, because you learn from each one and can grow because of them. There's some quote about it but I forget how it's worded." Humphrey loved quotes, there were so many great ones.

She was clearly reluctant to share who it was, and now he was even more curious. Why would she be shy about telling him who it was. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want. Though I have to admit I want to know even more since you aren't telling me, funny how that works. Good luck, I hope it works out for you."

When she asked about Senium it was his turn to sigh. "Well it's getting close to the procedure. She's trying to stay strong but her body's falling apart right now. It's so tough seeing her hurt so much. Considering what she's going through though she is in decently good spirits. Try to do what I can to distract her from it all."
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:44 am

Charlotte had wondered about how Humphrey was doing, and now she was having one of her catch up sessions with him she realised that she should probably have them more often, he was still the same oddball Gryffindor she had met in first year and she was surprised that he hadn't changed, she knew she had.

"Well then, it sounds like you have a little plan going on there." she smirked lightly, smoothing her skirt down as she shuffled to get comfortable on the step outside "I quite like Phantom of the Opera too, a very difficult book to get into reading though, flicking from English to French takes practice."

Hearing that Humphrey was having some difficulties picking what he should try and sculpt, Charlotte hummed to herself, what was easy enough for a first timer yet was still vaguely interesting for an artistic display of talent?

"Why don't you start off with a swan or a bird of some kind, they seem to be fairly easy." she suggested with a small shrug "I know your pechance for quotes Humphrey, I've been hanging out with you long enough."

Sighing a little bit, Charlotte blushed slightly and decided that she would at least tell someone at school, and she knew that Humphrey would keep a secret if she asked him;

"Okay I'll tell you, but you have to keep it a secret okay?" she asked, before continuing "I'm kind of seeing someone...a little bit older than me, I dont know how people would react if I tell them outright and...I'm still kinda worried about Air..."

Sucking on her lip piercing Charlotte smiled kindly; "Well please let me know how she's doing, I'd like to know if everything goes okay for her after the procedure."
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down