Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blackest Waters (Open)

2 posters

Go down

The Blackest Waters (Open) Empty The Blackest Waters (Open)

Post by Richard Romain Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:07 am

Richard didn't even know where he was going anymore. He'd started walking from the hospital, intent on walking to a place where he could catch a portkey home. Instead he'd just... walked. And he hadn't stopped. He'd walked past all of the people in the street, not responding when he jostled some and out-right knocked over others. He was just... walking. He wasn't thinking. To think was to dwell on what was lost. To dwell on his sweet little Raven, who was by now testing her wings out in heaven.

Seeing that he was at the black lake he looked around for a few moments before muttering a quick spell. The waters of the black lake began to freeze over and Richard's shoes were replaced with ice-skates. Getting onto the ice, Richard idly began to ice skate, hoping that something slightly more attention consuming than walking would help him.
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

The Blackest Waters (Open) Empty Re: The Blackest Waters (Open)

Post by Sofia Slytherin Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:28 am

Sofia had knew what had happened she had seen it. It was not a good thing to take a precious little child out of someone's life before they had a chance to grow. This was a feeling she knew all too well, but the only difference was her son was still alive, but she had missed out on everything and they were still not close. She tried but he pulled away.

She had been finishing up her paperwork before she went home and looked out her window and noticed that someone had iced over the lake. She had a feeling of who it was so she changed into her jeans and a green t shirt and went down to see.

When Sofia made it down to the lake she noticed that it was Richard out there trying not to break his neck by the looks of it. Sofia smiled and transfigured her shoes into skates and her t-shirt into a sweater and moved onto the ice very slowly it had been a long time since she had done this.

Sofia skated out to where Richard was at and smiled a little,

"I noticed you from my window and this looked much more interesting than the paperwork I was going." Sofia smiled.

"Care for some quiet company?"

Sofia knew she would not talk about anything unless he wanted to talk about it. Sometimes a peaceful companion was nice just in case a vent was needed.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Richard had been an acomplish ice skater a long time ago now but it seemed that some of the skills had been more muscle memory than anything else. Nodding to Sofia as she got onto the ice he span as he jumped, landing gracefully on one foot before he began to skate normally again,

"Oh it's much better than paperwork." he replied absently, spinning as fast in one spot as he could before skating away, "I thought I'd kept more of my skills than this but apparently I was wrong..."

He smiled faintly at Sofia and nodded slightly even as he skated circles, literally, around her,

"You want to talk about it don't you?" he asked her quietly, "Probably do me good to talk about it I guess. Any questions?"
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Sofia smiled slightly as she watched Richard do a jump and land on his feet. She could not help but give a little clap.

"Well you do better than I do, simple forward and backward is about my limit." she said with a smile

Sofia was watching him as he skated circles around him and she caught herself turning too in order to watch him.

"I didn't come out here to pry you for information, I only thought if you wanted a ear I would be glad to lend you one."

Sofia didn't understand what it was like to be in his shoes exactly, but she had lived her life without her child.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:25 am

Richard smiled a little as he skated around a little bit more. It was odd to think that something so simple had been developed for something much more sinister, namely posing as a figure skater to carry out a government sanctioned assassination,

"It's something I had to learn to do very well." he admitted, "I had to pose as a figure skater for a little while. I picked some things up from my partner."

Sighing a little bit, Richard stopped on the ice instantly, not skidding at all, just stopping dead. Feeling a sudden pulse of impotent rage, Richard stamped his foot, cracking the ice slightly,

"I feel useless." he told her with a frown, "Did you know that I can disassemble and reassemble a human being within the space of a second? I can pull out a single strand of DNA and destroy it, replacing it with one of my own design! And I failed! I failled to defeat a simple virus!"
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:49 am

"We have all had to do interesting things for the job. I have done many that I am not proud of and that broke my heart." Sofia shrugged.

Sofia could feel his rage building and this is what he needed. He needed to let loose scream, vent something to get out the anger.

"I know exactly how you feel, I have to deal with that feeling a lot. Just because I can see something happening does not mean that I can fix it or even change it." Sofia had seen many lives that will be effected because of this virus.

Sofia turned around in a little circle herself, " When I was poisoned I hated that I had no control over myself, and I still pay the price to this day. All we can do is try to pick up the pieces and move on."

Sofia tried to hide the tears that started to fall, "But that is the hardest part because you can never get back what you loose and the pain will always be there it just lessens a little with time."

Sofia thinks about the years she lost not being with her little boy, who is now practically a man.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down