Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

By the headstone of an angel (Open)

2 posters

Go down

By the headstone of an angel (Open) Empty By the headstone of an angel (Open)

Post by Richard Romain Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:10 am

Richard didn't even know where he was going anymore. He'd started walking from the hospital, intent on walking to a place where he could catch a portkey home. Instead he'd just... walked. And he hadn't stopped. He'd walked past all of the people in the street, not responding when he jostled some and out-right knocked over others. He was just... walking. He wasn't thinking. To think was to dwell on what was lost. To dwell on his sweet little Raven, who was by now testing her wings out in heaven.

When he looked up from his walking, his eyes swimming into focus, he immediately groaned. He had wanted to get away from death and here he was at the god-damned cemetry! Shaking his head, he paused at a tombstone shaped like a child-like angel. Kneeling down in front of it he placed a hand on the cold stone and tried very hard not to think of the angel as being Raven.

He tried and he failed.
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

By the headstone of an angel (Open) Empty Re: By the headstone of an angel (Open)

Post by Evangeline Webb Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:11 am

Evangeline had thought that the one place that Richard Romain would want to stay away from now would be a graveyard, but here he was in front of her, she was invisible of course like she so often was when she was in places like this, but slowly she faded into appearing behind him.

Stepping silently closer to him, her mohawk was still a feature, she hadn't changed it, her other self was only for Jack to see, it was a special side of her she didn't want anyone else to look at. Tilting her head to one side she couldn't help but watch his interaction with the grave.

Would he be glad to see her? She didn't think so. At least when she had appeared at the hospital, she had the decency to remain invisible to humans.

"Hello again Richard." she whispered softly.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

By the headstone of an angel (Open) Empty Re: By the headstone of an angel (Open)

Post by Richard Romain Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:15 am

Richard's eyes opened when he heard the voice. The last time he had heard that voice it had warned him. Warned him that something like this was going to happen. His price for dabbling with immortality. He didn't look away from the stone angel in front on him,

"Hello again Evangeline." he answered her equally as softly, "I haven't seen you around... but you were at the hospital am I right?"

He sighed a little bit and stood up slowly. His eyes were still locked onto the angel. Turning slowly, he smiled weakly at her,

"Did you..." he paused and swallowed, "Did you take her to a better place? I'm sorry... That's a terrible question to ask you if you're not able to tell me. Forget I mentioned it..."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:23 am

Evangeline was no more hateful of herself than she was when she had to take the souls of infants, she hated that she couldn't prevent herself, that she couldn't work some deal to place their souls back in their body, maybe one day she could do, but it had been too late for Raven Romain.

"I was yes." she stated gently, moving forwards a little bit more "Although, I didn't believe I would be the most...appropriate thing to see so, I made sure that I was hidden. You would have known what it meant."

The smile only made her loathe herself even more and she realised that she techinically was the weaver of death, why couldn't she make her own rules once in a while? Why couldn't she tell him what happened?

"She's waiting for you." she told him with a small smile on her lips "In a better place."

Gritting her teeth a little Evangeline dug her nails into her arm deeply; "I am deeply sorry Richard."
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:28 am

Richard was grateful for her concern for the feelings of Briony and himself on that fateful day. But, if he was honest with himself, seeing Evangeline might have actually made him feel better about it. He'd known for weaks that his daughter was going to die after all. Even a total cure wouldn't have saved her, the damage was too great,

"Thank you for you consideration." he told her with a faint smile, "But we both knew it even without you there visibly."

He breathed out a small sigh of relief and let out a soft laugh. So she was in heaven. Good. That was where little angels deserved to go after all. He smiled and shook his head,

"I doubt I'll join her." he said honestly, "But thank you... thank you for telling me that my daughter is in a better place."

When she said that she was sorry he blinked a little bit and turned to her, quite confused,

"Why are you sorry Evangeline?" he asked her softly, "It wasn't you that killed my daughter. You did her a great service by guiding her way."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:43 am

Evangeline thought that it was a mixture of sweetness and sorrow that they had known she was there anyway, sweetness because they had felt her presence when she had made it so unseen, it made her feel like she was special, important even, but it was sad as they still knew what was about to happen, when her presence appeared.

"I did not know which you would prefer, I would have made myself visable if you think it would have been a greater comfort. Given our last meeting, I didn't think you would be so earnest to see me once more." Evangeline chuckled lightly.

Raising her eyebrow, Evangeline smiled lightly and shrugged her shoulders, her mesh glove covered hands raising as well; "Death works in mysterious ways, besides, I should know better than anyone who's going where and when."

Humming lightly Evangeline shook her head and looked up at the sky, she still hated taking children from where they should be with their parents, and she felt as if she herself had killed them, as she had the hard job of taking them from their loved ones.

"I dislike taking children from where I feel they belong, I wish it could have been different, I am trying to work on that, unfortunately too late..." she hummed.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Richard chuckled weakly. Their last meeting had been less than ideal he had to admit but that didn't really hold any grounds on what had happened recently. He would have probably hugged her for taking his daughter to a better place to be honest,

"I can't blame you for that reaction." he admitted with a little chuckle, "To be honest... I'd probably have hugged you. She was in so much pain... I just... I just wanted to know that she would at least go to a better place. Now I do, thanks."

Richard smiled a little bit when she told him that Death worked in mysterious ways. He had to admit that Death did seem to be 'alive' as it were. Sometimes it seemed to have a sick sense of humour. But if Evangeline was Death than he knew that wasn't true.

Smiling sadly, Richard gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze. If he wasn't going to blame her then he didn't want her blaming herself,

"You did what you had to do." he told her quietly, "It's not like you wanted to do it."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down