Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Meeting (Oliver and Aria)

2 posters

Go down

Another Meeting (Oliver and Aria) Empty Another Meeting (Oliver and Aria)

Post by Aria Song Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:33 pm

Aria pushed the door open of the little shop and ignored the half-heartened greeting from the sales clerk. Obvious had no joy working at the store, bitter divorcey, second job since he has to pay alimony. Right handed, obvious from the smudge marks on his hand, and is getting close to getting an addiction to alcohol, clear by the smudge of drink on his side.

She cut short her analyzing as she walked towards the paper area. She needed new music sheets, some drawing paper and new quills so she could continue to work on her art. When she wasn't experimenting in the lab, composing did entertain her more than she'd admit. At this moment she was oblivious to mostly everyone around her as she looked for the best brand.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Another Meeting (Oliver and Aria) Empty Re: Another Meeting (Oliver and Aria)

Post by Oliver Lanier Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Oliver was in the mood to do some drawing, as well as get some more music composition sheets. He played the piano and song, occasionally wrote some of his own stuff. It was always fun to look at some of his favorite composers too, occasionally he bought some of their pieces to learn. He loved some of the film composer's music, they were really quite gifted. Every once in a while he'd get the urge draw something though, and usually came here to get his supplies. The sales clerk clearly hated his job, and Oliver wished somebody else would run it. They could attract more business, it was a nice shop. But oh well, it wasn't his decision to make.

To his surprise when he scanned the shop he noticed Aria, the woman from Madam Malkin's who'd helped him pick out dress robes. He hadn't worn them yet, but he knew they would come in handy. Especially if he ever managed to get Taylor to go on a date with him. Walking over, he grabbed some of the music sheets and then decided to say hello. "Hello Miss Song, didn't expect to bump into you again. What brings you here?" he asked, curious.
Oliver Lanier
Oliver Lanier
Obliviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:59 pm

Aria was studying the sheets, for their thickness and if they were easily smudgeable. Being left-handed, she had some setbacks with the quill, so much so that she smudged her hand and her paper. She wrinkled her nose and looked at the prices. They were rarely the point of it all, but she cared if it was worth it.

Picking up her basket, she placed two packages of those music sheets, and some thin quills that could prevent smudging and make her drawings clearer. Finding sheets, she was surprised to find someone even talking to her.

Turning her head, she was surprised to find that man again. Oliver Lanier, the man that had had been slightly rude, and intimidating. But then she'd not been phased at all.

"The same thing that brings you here isn't it?" she asked as she pointed to the papers he was holding.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Lanier Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Oliver noticed her jump a little when he said something, clearly she hadn't expected to bump into anybody she knew here. He smiled a bit, it had been interesting talking to her the last time. She hadn't been intimidated by him, or at least hadn't shown it. It made him respect her a little bit more than he did the average person.

When Aria looked at him he saw that she remembered him. Most people didn't tend to forget him, well...unless he messed with their memories that is. His eyed had a slightly haunted and pained look in them from what he'd been through, they tended to leave an impression.

Oliver chuckled and realized they were indeed shopping for the same thing. "I suppose so Miss Song. Though honestly the music interests me more than the drawing supplies. Needed some blank sheet music. Drawing, I only do it occasionally, when I get the whim. So...how are you?" he asked, trying to do the proper sociable thing and ask. He wasn't the most personable person but he was trying to work on his people skills.
Oliver Lanier
Oliver Lanier
Obliviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:40 pm

Aria raised her brow at his comment. Why was he trying to be so cordial, considering last time he was nearly overbearing towards her. She shrugged it off, not really understanding people to begin with. They were so changeable, while she, she was usually drawn to more of a routine.

"Yes, well that's nice" she replied cautiously. "I'm perfectly fine, just finding myself short on supplies such as drawing paper and musical sheets, not to mention quills."

She was a bit surprised that someone like him liked music, but then again a lot of people liked music but the taste of the music is what mattered. Remembering some of her manners, she found herself asking him a question.

"And how are you?"
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Lanier Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Oliver could tell she was a bit curious about how...well friendly he was being. The last time they'd talked he had been a bit of a jerk, which was his usual self. He was trying to be kinder to people though. It was hard for him, he had so many issues, but he had to learn to deal with them eventually. For some reason his brain had decided that now was the time he needed to work on himself before it was too late, so he was putting in effort to be a good person for the first time in his life. There was a long road ahead of him.

The girl was being careful, trying to feel out whether he would start getting mad like last time. Oliver could tell the girl was sharp, it was a refreshing change of pace. There were so many idiots in the world, and he didn't have patience for idiots. "I see, well they do have excellent quills here. Now you mention it I should probably get one or two myself." he mused, walking over to them. He picked out an eagle feather and a Hippogriff feather quill, they were nice.

There was surprise in her expression, though about what he didn't know. "What's so surprising to you? I could tell something was from your expression." he commented. Then he shrugged, frowning a little bit. "I am okay I suppose, making an effort to be a better person. Honestly it was easier not, but I am working on it. So I suppose I am alright, not good but not bad either." he explained to her.
Oliver Lanier
Oliver Lanier
Obliviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Aria rolled her eyes at him.

"Well of course you could tell my surprise, I didn't hide it" she scoffed.

Picking up three bottles of squid ink, she shook her head. She was known to hide all her emotions, especially from strangers. The only person that saw her emotions was Rhian, and only Rhian. She understood and was the closest thing to being a real friend. Her brothers could go to hell, but people in general and never interested her.

His comment about how he was trying a better person confused her. Why would people want to be better? Shouldn't they be accepted as to who they are? This is why society was annoying they changed so often and contradicted themselves.

"That's life" she replied simply.

She never understood exactly why people cared about being happy, or sad, that was life. For her, people couldn't learn to ignore their emotions, or just not cry.

"I suppose if you're unhappy then yes....change is important" that tasted terrible in her tongue. She couldn't believe that she said that.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down