Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, Hello (Josh and Aria)

2 posters

Go down

Oh, Hello (Josh and Aria) Empty Oh, Hello (Josh and Aria)

Post by Josh Night Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Josh had been having a rough week of curse-breaking, he'd nearly been seriously injured more than once.
Luckily he'd managed to escape with just a few minor scrapes, as well as the treasures he'd been trying to acquire. Now he was looking forward to a drink and maybe some dancing. He had a girlfriend, so he wasn't here to meet anybody like a lot of the people were. Ordering firewhisky, he peered out at the dance floor. There were some people in groups of two dancing, and a few others in larger groups or by themselves. Nobody that looked interesting to talk to yet.

Once he got his drink, he walked out onto the dance floor to go over to a corner. He'd finish the firewhisky before getting into the mayhem that was this club's dancing. Sipping it, he let out a heavy sigh. "Ahhh, that's the stuff." Before long he had finished it, and wanted to order another. Crossing the dance floor, he accidentally bumped into a girl and tripped. "Oh, hello. Sorry about that, I'm pretty clumsy sometimes." he said. Josh got up and helped the brunette up, thankfully she seemed okay. "I'm Josh by the way. Again, sorry." he said, blushing just a tad in embarrassment. "Would you like to chat, I've had a rough week and could use a pleasant conversation."
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Oh, Hello (Josh and Aria) Empty Re: Oh, Hello (Josh and Aria)

Post by Aria Song Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Aria was just relaxing, the atmosphere was a bit chatty, but she had learned early on to just simply block out what wasn't necessary. She had gotten some non-alcoholic drink, that last time she had an alcoholic drink was very memorable.

She wasn't really paying attention to anything, but as she fell to the floor, she felt her face heat up with embarrassment. With no chance to retort the stranger helped her up. She stiffened and turned to see who the klutz was.

She pulled herself away from the stranger (not really liking contact in general) and cleaned her clothing, wiping off the non-existent dirt off her clothing. He looked so sheepish that she forced herself not to be rude and retort.

"Pleasure" she forced herself to say. "I wouldn't mind"

She had to be polite, as much as she can after all his expression just made him seem apologetic enough.

Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Night Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Albus felt terrible, she had just been minding her own business and he had plowed into her. She looked to be biting back her angry words, which was awful nice of her. "Thanks for not exploding on me. What's you rname?" he asked her. Maybe this would be an okay night chatting with the person. He walked over to his table, motioning her to follow him. Sitting down, he waved a waitress over and ordered a firewhisky.

"Would you like anything? It's on me, for knocking you down and all." he offered. This corner table was nice, it didn't feel quite so crowded over here. The drinks were what he had been looking forward to all day. He would apparate home later, or call the night bus if he had to.
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:32 pm

Aria sighed and took in a deep breath before following him. She had to try to act polite. Rhian had told her to behave, to try and be "courteous" to people because she was being a grouch. She sat across from him and took a sip of her drink before leaning back on the booth.

"Aria, my name is Aria" she replied.

She was surprised someone was offering a drink, seemed like being cordial was paying off. She shrugged and nodded,

"I'd just like some butterbeer" she replied softly.

Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Night Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:46 pm

Josh could see she didn't really want to be talking with him. Maybe she would be nicer when they started talking. He was a friendly person, had been a Hufflepuff in school, people usually got along with him. Perhaps she was just somebody who preferred being alone then talking to random strangers.

"That's a beautiful name. It means melody, doesn't it?" he asked her. "I also remember it means air and lion. Interesting combination, across the languages." he commented. Josh liked names and what they meant, it was a hobby of his.

"Okay, that's fine." he said, adding her butterbeer to his order. "Listen, if you don't actually want to sit with me and talk you can leave. I'm just planning on getting a bit tipsy on some firewhisky, had a rough week. It would be nice to have somebody to talk to though...if you don't mind." he told her with a small smile.
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Aria nodded and took a sip of her drink; it was nearly done. She wondered exactly who this, Josh person was, and why was he so....overtly friendly. From the looks of him and his demeanor, she figured that he was a klutz, and friendly: Hufflepuff she thought.

"Yes, well my mother loved the opera" she commented offhandedly.

She was surprised at how he suddenly shifted moods, one moment being friendly, the other shooing her away if she felt uncomfortable. Considerate, she thought.

"It's fine, I just usually don't...socialize with anyone really." she replied. "but I wouldn't be too opposed to talking, what is causing you to get sloshed tonight?"
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Night Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:07 pm

Josh watched as a thoughtful expression came across her features. She was probably trying to figure out why he was so friendly, and clumsy. Probably had already guessed he was a Hufflepuff. His house took the most flack from all of the other ones. It was kind of sad, Hufflepuff House was great, and had turned out many great wizards and witches.

"Ah, I can't stand it. Personally I prefer plays, musicals are tolerable. Give me some Shakespeare drama over an opera any day." he said, grinning at some of the amazing performances he'd witnessed.

Now he saw the shock on Aria's face, she was surprised he was offering her a way out of this. Thankfully, she decided to stay. He really would appreciate the company tonight.

"Yea, I kind of figured. You seemed a bit...well, uncomfortable. Let me guess, Slytherin?" he asked. "I appreciate it, thanks. Well, I had a rough week of cursebreaking. Had a few near death scrapes but managed to live. Plus my jerk of a father who abused me and my sister is trying to be nice now, not sure what to do about that yet. So...I decided to come get a little sloshed, just forget about my messed up father for a while and that I almost died. Usually I don't do things like this to be honest." he admitted, shrugging.
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Song Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Aria's eyes brightened at the mention of plays. She loved plays, and in a home covered in coldness and aloofness, it brought warmth in those cold days. She remembered how Shakespeare had immediately become her hero and his plays brought on adventure.

"I will agree with you on that" she murmured with a hint of a smile.

She wrinkled her nose at him immediately putting her into Slytherin. In reality, while she was a former Slytherin, they were the most social ones in school, she was in the small majority that was awkward of it all.

"Only a Hufflepuff would assume that," she replied immediately. "But yes, I'm an snake, always was and always will be"

She raised her brows in surprise at the fact that he poured his heart out within a second. She was a stranger, and yet, he had the bravery to just let all his issues out there. In a way it was definitely courageous, but something she could never do.

She felt though, she felt sympathy. A broken family, the rifts, it all made sense one way or another. She sighed and took a long sip of her drink and bit her lip.

"I'd get sloshed too" she whispered. and do I bit more than just this she added mentally.
Aria Song
Aria Song
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down