Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cave of Wonders (OPEN)

2 posters

Go down

Cave of Wonders (OPEN) Empty Cave of Wonders (OPEN)

Post by Seffi Dresner Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:39 am

Wandering along in the woods, Seffi had decided that she would set off from home on a little hiking adventure, she had asked Jessamine if she had wanted to come but apparently she had some things to work out with Silas, of course Seffi knew that this meant she was probably going to have another 'relationship' talk with him, and would expect an upset phone call from her best friend later on in the evening.

Packing her backpack with food, drink and a spare coat in case it rained, she set off from her house a few hours ago, and now she had found this cave in the middle of the woods. Of course she had heard about it before, it was called 'The Howling Cave' and many people in Durmstrang had in fact been into the cave when they were going out on dates and the like, even some of the Lehrers had come here before.

Seffi, wondering what all the fuss was about, trekked through the bushes and looked around the cave, it was quite empty, nothing dangerous in here, but when the breeze blew through it it made the funniest noise, almost like a quiet howling of a wolf, so it did indeed seem to live up to its name.
Seffi Dresner
Seffi Dresner
Muhe Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Cave of Wonders (OPEN) Empty Re: Cave of Wonders (OPEN)

Post by Dmitra Diamante Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Dmitra stretched her neck, yawning slightly. It had been an uneventful year. Oh sure, Durmstrang was still was interesting as ever, the course work was getting more and more difficult and intriguing, and she had settled down with ease. Her exams had also been quite good, in particular Dark Arts. But then again, she always had liked Lehrer Vane. She supposed people were right when they said that teachers played a huge role in subjects you were good at.

She hadn't expected everything to be this.....normal really, when she had come back. Of course, living with an elder sister about whose existence she hadn't known, and a weapons dealer to boot, tended to make life interesting. But now she was back in school, exams were done, summer holidays......nothing had happened except for that one meeting with her old friend, Vlad. If you could still call him that. Nothing had happened except for the realization that Dmitra was pretty much alone.

Fingers running over the handle of the scabbard in which she always kept her blade (she hadn't fenced in a long time), Dmitra entered the precincts of the Howling Cave. There was someone already there, a student. Dmitra was generally unsocial by nature, but loneliness could do strange things to you. ".....Hello there. Mind some company?"
Dmitra Diamante
Dmitra Diamante
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Seffi Dresner Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:18 am

Seffi when she heard that there was indeed someone else in the cave with her, was quite startled understandably and jumped a little when she heard their voice-from the entrance of the cave. She hadn't noticed anybody around when she had come up here, how odd that someone could appear so suddenly.

Turning she gave the girl a small smile, Sefii thought she vaguely recognised her, she was in her house she thought but she hadn't spoken to her before and didn't even really know what her name was. Feeling bad for this now she realised, Seffi thought this might be a good chance to make a new friend at Durmstrang.

"Hey there." she greeted with an awkward wave of her hand, moving a little closer to the girl who had just entered "No I don't mind at all, I just didn't expect anyone else to be out here, you gave me a right shock." Seffi admitted with a rouge-ish grin.

Holding out her hand Seffi introduced herself; "I'm Seffi Dresner, I think ive seen you around Durmstrang before I think."
Seffi Dresner
Seffi Dresner
Muhe Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitra Diamante Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:37 am

Seffi Dresner......ah, Dmitra remembered now. She was a member of Muhe too, but a couple of years below Dmitra, which was why they never met in classes. The smile Seffi directed at her was friendly, with a hint of roguishness, when she admitted that Dmitra's sudden arrival had shocked her. Dmitra smiled back, "Well, I'm soft-footed, so I do tend to sneak up on people unexpected. I guess you could attribute that to the fencing. " Dmitra gestured to her scabbard.

"Anyway, I'm Dmitra Diamante, nice to meet you." Dmitra extended a hand for Seffi to shake. "I think you're a year or two below me at Durmstrang, right?" Dmitra walked over to a nearby smooth rock in the cave, and sat down. "So Seffi, what brings you to Howling Cave?"
Dmitra Diamante
Dmitra Diamante
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Seffi Dresner Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:03 am

Seffi wondered why a student would need to be soft footed, let alone need to learn how to fence, but she didn't want to ask, many people had decided it was better to arm themselves than not when the war was going on between Germany and Britain, maybe that was why.

"I don't mean to be rude or anything, but why do you carry that around with you? Are you even allowed to carry a sword around in public, I thought you could get arrested for things like that." Seffi asked, her brow lightly furrowed.

When she introduced herself, Seffi shook Dmitra's hand and smiled lightly, she was glad to have met someone else in her house finally, the only other person she knew was Vladimir and he had been a little distant from her lately. Although she kind of understood why.

"Yeah I'm a fourth year, I'll be starting in fifth year when I come back." she smiled lightly "I decided to get out of the castle for a bit and come for a walk, I dont really like being cooped up that much any more, what about you?"
Seffi Dresner
Seffi Dresner
Muhe Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitra Diamante Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:20 pm

"This?" Dmitra inclined her head to indicate her sword, Cruor Vesica, one she had bought out of her sister's armory. Yes, that's right, bought. Kiera was a businesswoman through and through, even to her own baby sister. "Well, I don't really carry it along everywhere with me. Haven't fenced for ages, in fact. Thought I'd do it here." Dmitra cast a glance around the place, deserted except for her and Seffi. "Slightly illegal yes, " She admitted with the hint of mischief in her grin, "But not entirely harmful. I hid it with glamours when I came here."

"Yeah, being cooped up pretty much sucks." Dmitra shook the hair back from her face, breathing in the fresh air. "On top of that, after the examinations I'm pretty much dying for some time in the open. But, " She tilted her head to the side, "I understand why you'd like some fresh air and a walk, but you looked like you were lost in thought when I came, getting all jumpy. Lots on your mind?"
Dmitra Diamante
Dmitra Diamante
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Seffi Dresner Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:19 am

Seffi was more than a little intrigued about how Dmitra had managed to carry a big ass rapier around with her and nobody stopping her, however when she explained it made sense, and she cracked a grin. It seemed that she wasn't above breaking a few rules, which was good in Seffi's book, often those people were the most exciting.

"Well then that is a little bit sly isn't it?" she asked with a smirk "Maybe I should get myself a sword, I have to say, it looks kind of cool, even if I never used it it'll be good to use as an accessory."

Nodding her head Seffi couldn't think of much else about how she had been cooked in the castle this summer, waiting for Konig to finish doing the examination marking so they could have the occassional game of chess. But she had also been exploring the castle...she'd found some interesting things.

"Well luckily for me I dont have any exams this year, so I have a final summer of freedom before they begin, I've been exploring the castle mostly in my spare time." Seffi hummed.

Thinking about what she had been worrying about more than often lately, Seffi realised that she hadn't really had any big problems on her hands for a long time, it was kind of nice.

"I was thinking about someone else's problem, and how I'm going to be hearing about it all night long." she grinned "Don't you just hate it when that happens?"
Seffi Dresner
Seffi Dresner
Muhe Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmitra Diamante Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:25 pm

"An accessory? If you want a 'dangerous' accessory, try a dagger." Realising that this was the strangest, and probably the most fun conversations she had had in a while, the mischievous grin that Dmitra sported broadened. "If you don't know how to use one, then carrying a sword will just poke you in all the wrong places. Trust me, I've had my fair share of accidental injuries. If you actually wanna fence though, I can always hang around to help." Dmitra offered.

Somehow, this conversation took Dmitra's mind back to Vlad, and the first time they'd met, and she was fencing. Merlin, the war of words that they'd had. She'd even pointed her blade at his throat, if she remembered correctly. The meeting she was having with Seffi was exactly the opposite, amiable and fun. A lot of it had to do with the fact that Seffi was a girl, and thus not an unjust victim of Dmitra's cold words as Vlad had been. She had quite the distaste for the male gender after all.

Remembering her old friend, Dmitra's smile had dimmed slightly. But this wasn't the time for this, so she shook her head slightly to clear her thoughts, and went back to what Seffi was saying, "Exploring, hmmm? Sounds interesting. Could be useful for discovering secret passages, and sneaking around."

"Oh yeah, I've been on the receiving end of a fair amount of complaining." Dmitra leaned back, stretching slightly. "Its bloody annoying, especially when its one in the morning, and your best friend just has to tell you about how she and her on-off boyfriend got together yet again. But then again," Dmitra's smile softened around the edges. "Anything for friendship, yeah?"
Dmitra Diamante
Dmitra Diamante
Muhe Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Seffi Dresner Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:12 am

Seffi smiled lightly, she might actually want to try her hand at fencing, it looked to be fun and she needed something to do as a hobby, she currently had nothing that wasn't completely boring like playing chess with Konig and learning all about psychology so she could tell exactly what was wrong with herself without asking now.

"I actually might want to learn to fence, I think it would be a hobby to have, a useful one too, just in case you know...girls need to protect themselves and all that lark." she smirked a little bit "Why did you start fencing in the first place?"

Nodding her head she grinned, she had found her fair share of secret passageways and rooms, a few of them were very very strange! They involved giant vast rooms with one little chair in the middle of it, there was even a room with a big massive lake in the bottom of it.

"I've found some really interesting rooms, I'm going to try and do some more exploring in the next holiday, if you want to join me."

Hearing that Dmitra did know about how she was feeling, she couldn't help but shake her head in laughter, she really wanted to be able to skip all of the drama that friendship brought but sometimes you just couldn't help it; "Yes anything for friendship, although sometimes you wish they could do it at a more convenient hour."
Seffi Dresner
Seffi Dresner
Muhe Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down