Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the Dying Sun (Open)

2 posters

Go down

In the Dying Sun (Open) Empty In the Dying Sun (Open)

Post by Jaycie Simple Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Jaycie climbed a twisting flight of stairs right to the top. There was an old, wooden door, with holes eaten through it by white ants that were long gone now. A cool, soft breeze whispered through the open hole. She tried the handle - it was broken but with a soft push the door swung outwards, revealing a circular room, crumbling at places in the walls. There was an open archway right across the way, and it revealed a sturdy-looking but very neglected ring of battlements.

Jay started across the small room, plumes of dust rising with every step she took. She didn't even know if this place was out of bounds... but it seemed okay, so if no one else had claimed it she figured it may as well be her retreat. In the light of the dying sun it cast a very dream-like haze across it.

The dust got thicker and thicker every time she moved. Her throat started to constrict and she couldn't breathe as well as she could before. Jaycie started coughing and steadily made her way to the archway, stepping outside into the clear, dust-less air. Better.

She sat down and tried to breathe deeply, the fresh air cleansing her lungs and removing irritating traces of the dust. She finally felt all better and recovered off the verge of an asthma attack, for which Jaycie was glad it didn't happen.

Sitting down and admiring the sinking reds and oranges of the sunset. A small part of a song came to mind... and so Jaycie sang. "When I can't find a single star to hang my wish upon... I just move on..."

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

In the Dying Sun (Open) Empty Re: In the Dying Sun (Open)

Post by Anne Jones Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Anne Was heading for the abandoned tower, with her latest book under her arm. when she entered, she heard a beautiful voice singing, her first thought was that it was a siren. When she reached the place she found a Hufflepuff girl in her year.

"hello" she said awkwardly, she still wasn't good with people.

Anne Jones
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Jaycie started and ceased her singing as someone entered the tower. "Oh," she said softly, surprised. "Um, hello." Jay's eyes were wide as she noticed it was a Gryffindor girl in her year. She swallowed past the lump building in her throat, deciding this was the one time she was going to push past her shyness and try to make a friend.

"I- I'm Jaycie. Would you... um, like to sit down?" She stuttered, taking a deep breath after she finished, trying to calm down.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Jones Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:35 pm

Anne smiled , "Hi I'm Anne." she siad siting next to the girl. She looked over and smiled, "You have a beautiful voice." She wondered if she had some siren blood. She looked around and wondered what to say, she was oddly shy today.

Anne Jones
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:46 pm

She smiled shyly. "It's nice to meet you, Anne." Jaycie's heart was fluttering; she'd never really talked to other people

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:48 pm

She smiled shyly. "It's nice to meet you, Anne." Jaycie's heart was fluttering; she'd never really talked to other people as friends, more just because she had to, unless it was her family.

Jay swallowed a bit. "Thank you," she said in her small voice. She'd never been complimented by anyone on her voice before. "My mother is a siren and I guess I kinda inherited the voice." She grinned.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Jones Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:22 am

Anne smiled she had been right. They all had talents. "So what are you doing up here all alone?" she asked wondering why she was by herself.

Anne Jones
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Personally, Jaycie didn't really know about talent. More like genetic transference. She smiled anyway. "I wanted to explore a little bit, and the sun-" which was now starting to tug the dark along behind it -"looked so lovely, I guess I just wanted to see it from a better point of view. What about you?"

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Jones Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:31 am

Anne held up her book, "I came here to read" she said. "But I meet you and I think I like talking to you more than reading." She said smiling at Jaycie. She needed another friend and Jaycie was so bright and rather happy. They could be good friends.

Anne Jones
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Jaycie grinned. She was really starting to like Anne. "You're so lovely!" she exclaimed, delighted that she could be more interesting than a good book.

"Say, you're in a lot of my classes this year, aren't you?" Jaycie hoped that for once she would have someone to enjoy her classes with. That would make her day.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Jones Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:08 am

Anne smiled at Jaycie. All people were more interesting than books, she decided not to tell her that.

Anne blushed when Jaycie said she was lovely. "Thanks, so are you." she said smiling. She would make a good friend.

"I think so I'm taking every class so Yes we are."

Anne Jones
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Jay was pleased when Anne returned the compliment. "Thanks," she murmured with much graciousness.

Jaycie smiled. "Oh, that's good. I've always wanted someone to sit with for classes!" She said, opening up a little. Jay felt she could trust Anne; she was a nice enough person for a start.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down