Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yearning to Learn

2 posters

Go down

Yearning to Learn  Empty Yearning to Learn

Post by Tess McCartney Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Looking around, she found herself feeling uncomfortable at the fact she was here. What motivated her to take this class? Shaking her head, she walked forward until she reached the door and knocked.

She was having doubts taking this class, but now that she had learned how to use the Time Turner on her own, she figured out a way to take more classes than necessary. She was ambitious, that was just her and she needed to take this class, the problem was that she had not taken it first year, and for that reason she needed to talk to Professor Dupont.

She now waited for the door to open, wondering if she even had a chance of taking it.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Yearning to Learn  Empty Re: Yearning to Learn

Post by Gaspard Dupont Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Gaspard was eating at his office, he never liked eating in the Great Hall, he just ate once there. When the sorting began, but that was the first and last time. He early didn't like hearing noise while eating. He was about to finish his broccoli soup when he heard a knock at the door.

Kart looked up from his bowl and barked, "Kart you need to stop barking every time someone knocks..." Wiping his mouth, he stood up and opened the door, his eyes widened at seeing a Slytherin student.

His mind traveled through his student list..."Miss. McCartney, please come in. What can I help you with?"

He already knew the answer of course, but he wanted her to say it, after all he wanted students who wanted to learn not students that were forced to learn Occlumency.

"Would you like some Broccoli soup?" He asked her while sitting down, "Please sit down, Miss. McCartney."

Gaspard Dupont
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Tess was surprised by a dog barking and was startled. As the door opened, she lifted her gaze and his surprised expression made her all the more nervous. She knew he was the Head of Gryffindor so she figured that seeing a Slytherin and willingly at that was foreign to him.

Entering his office she sat down carefully and shook her head at his question.

"No thank you, I have eaten already, but than you for asking" she said softly.

Letting out a soft smile, she wondered how she was going to ask. She didn't want to blurt it out, it was so tactless and she needed to be careful how she worded it.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaspard Dupont Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:12 pm

With a swish of his wand, his food disappeared.

It was hard for him to not feel and see what she was thinking when someone wasn't blocking them. He smiled at her, he really didn't understand all that Slytherin and Gryffindor rivalry. Maybe that was why the Headmistress gave him the position of Head of House of the brave lions. He would never pick a favorite. And he would teach each student equally. And also the fact that he didn't go to this school when he was young. Durmstrang made you more level minded when times like this happened.

And of course, if they wanted to learn then he would teach them, if not, then it would be best for them to leave his classroom.

Feeling her unease, he said, "Don't worry, Miss. McCartney, Kart doesn't bite. And I understand your a second year, you didn't take Occlumency last year. I'm a new professor, so I apologize for my lack of weird methods of teaching. I assume your interested in learning Occlumency, your here in my office, it's a clear sign of it. Please correct me if I'm wrong."

Gaspard Dupont
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Tess looked at him questionably at first, but then nodded slowly as if she was thinking it out. Was she that obvious? Her mind was working fast until she realized something.

'You're reading my mind aren't you' She thought with a tiny smile.

Sometimes she ignored what was right in front of her face. He was a powerful person or else why would Headmistress Romain even think of giving him the task of teaching them.

"I am, I feel that it is necessary for me to take the class..and I was wondering if that was possible."

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaspard Dupont Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:41 pm

He smiled, "Yes, I apologize, Miss. McCartney. Some people feel insulted when I do, but believe me, that I don't do it for harm or for a laugh. It's just in my nature, especially to help my students. And having the ability to read my student's mind helps me to teach them in their own way. Not every pupil is the same, everyone has a different method of learning."

Gaspard smile widened even more at hearing that she wanted to take his class. "Of course that is possible, Miss. McCartney. I will never deny a student a lesson, even though they came late or didn't show up."

Quickly taking out a parchment from a drawer that was especially for second years, he skimmed through it quickly. "Tell me, Miss. McCartney. Would you like to stay in second year Occlumency or first? I can teach you the basics and you can stay with your class."

Gaspard Dupont
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:45 pm

She frowned a bit thinking of being held back. Knowing that he knew her thoughts, she found herself not caring as much as she should have. He had not given her a reason to doubt him, so she sighed. Did she want to be with Xander in first year...or Victoria in second year. She sighed.

"Second...I can read, I will do all the practices the work, everything as long as I can prove that I am capable of being in second year occlumency."

She was determined to challenge herself and this had to be it. She could worm her way around other classes read and be done with it, it didn't challenge her like this possibly could.

"Please?" she added.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaspard Dupont Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Gaspard began to write on his parchment, "Of course Miss. McCartney you can stay in your class. I trust you will be excellent in Occlumency. Seeing that you signed for my class today, I will still need that 5,000 word essay about the risks of not knowing to block one’s mind from an enemy. And I suggest you come on Saturday for detention, we will practice on emptying your emotions. Nothing too harsh."

He looked up, "I understand you have a time-turner. Now this will help you tremendously. First we will begin in emptying yourself of emotions. Would you like to start now?"

Gaspard Dupont
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Tess was surprised at how easy it was for her to get him to say yes, but then again she got detention. She decided that she didn't mind as long as she didn't lost any points.

"I accept" she murmured. "I'll be there"

An essay, well that shouldn't be too hard, she decided if she applied herself it'd work fine. She was no longer surprised at the fact that he knew she had a time turner and took it out showing it to him.

"I'd like that" she said smiling.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaspard Dupont Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:26 am

He nodded, "Excellent." Gaspard finished writing some notes and folding his hands he looked up. "And I now expect you to be in my class on time, especially for having a time-turner. If you happen to be late, I have to resort to taking points away and giving out more detentions and essays."

He stood up, while taking out his wand, "I will show you right now on emptying your emotions, be blank and empty, Miss. McCartney."

Gaspard waited for her to be ready. "Any questions?"

Yearning to Learn  7679217

Gaspard Dupont
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:30 am

Tess had a small smile to his comment. She wouldn't be late, considering the fact that she was carrying the time turner. While she did have another class at the same  time, she'd simply use it. 

Closing her eyes, she began to clear her mind. She was glad she had experience at clearing her mind from Professor Romain and his animagus lessons. 

Breathe in, relax, free your mind she thought before absolutely relaxing. 

She nodded once more and prepared herself for what was to come. 

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaspard Dupont Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:13 am

His wand was out, "Legilimens!"

At first he couldn't see anything, but trying harder, his mind if it had hands was slowly opening her mind to him, seeing all she had inside...

Gaspard Dupont
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:57 am

She tried to block him, her walls were tight. Her brow furrowed and she gripped the seat tightly as she fought him. Her back arched and a small cry came out of her parted lips as the wall was knocked over. At first small pieces had fallen showing light on her life, such as small laughter with her father, to cooking moments with her mother. But soon a piece fell.

'Why was she so different?' She asked herself that all the time.

A six year old Tess was seen with tears dripping down her face. As she opened the door, her mother Amorette, saw her with sympathetic eyes and opened her arms. Tess immediately ran into them and clung to her mother. She was easily picked up by Amorette and she walked her towards the sitting room.

She curled her toes and tried to block it, trying to fight against it but it was no use. Her vulnerability was there The way Muggles had mistreated her. She felt some tears falling as it made her remember.

"What happened mi amor" Amorette whispered.

"I exploded something" Tess whispered.

"Again?"

Tess wiggled uncomfortably but nodded. It wasn't her first time; this was her fifth time. She didn't know that magic was the reason, living around Squibs, magic wasn't mentioned around them. Amorette and James, her husband, had avoided doing magic in public. There were wizards around them, but for Tess it was the norm. James simply told her it was a secret, and avoided any Muggle interactions around Tess, but Amorette was different. There were no wizard children around them, and Tess needed to interact with people around her, so she pushed her child to socialize.

Every incident that occurred, Tess was a klutz, around these children, but since the age of five they had been calling her a freak. Amorette was beginning to loathe Muggles and their views on her daughter, if only they knew that Tess was more special than they were for she was born with magic in her blood.

"I'm a freak" Tess murmured against her mother's chest.

"No. Tu eres especial" Amorette said.

She smiled and looked at her mother. She knew that sometimes when her mother was angry or having any deep emotion she would go into Spanish completely. Amorette might have been raised in England but her Spanish blood was never washed away.

"Te amo" she added.

"I love you too Mama" she said.

Tears were now falling, tears that expressed that her scars were not yet healed.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down