Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson One - Second Years

5 posters

Go down

Lesson One - Second Years Empty Lesson One - Second Years

Post by Richard Romain Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:21 am

Richard wandered lazily into his classroom, not particularly excited about having an entire new school year in which to be plagued by annoying little children. It got worse every year but thankfully his second years were going to be a little bit more mature.

Hopefully.

Maybe.

God, he just hoped they hadn't gotten stupid over the holidays.
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Lesson One - Second Years Empty Re: Lesson One - Second Years

Post by Sam Hawthorn Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:17 am

Sam sighed and walked to Transfiguration she was starting to get a little depressed cause the papers for her to transfer back to the orphanage had come she needed to sign them, but she didn't want too Sam sighed and walked into the classroom.

Sam sighed and gave the professor a forced smile " Good morning Professor" Sam said and she sat down at the back of the class Sam sighed and she waited for the rest of the class to show up.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Lesson One - Second Years Empty Transfiguration Classroom :: Lesson One - Second Years

Post by Teresa Maria King Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:00 pm

Teresa came in the class and saw Sam Hawthorn sighed. She took it as a sign and went over to Sam.

"Who am I?" Teresa said, covering Sam's eyes with her hands. "I'll give you a hint: I'm a King."

Teresa Maria King
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Sam was playing with her quill when someone covered her eye's she smiled " Let me see here, Teresa Maria King?" Sam said with a smile Sam was trying not to let her sadness from the summer show and she was glad when Teresa came into the class she needed a friend.

Sam, still with her eye's covered patted the seat next to her " You can sit down if you want" Sam said she hummed lightly.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Lesson One - Second Years Empty Transfiguration Classroom :: Lesson One - Second Years

Post by Teresa Maria King Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Teresa laughed as she sat down next to Sam.

"Hey," she whispered. "Do ever feel like you want to piss off Professor Romain? I certainly do."

Teresa Maria King
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:43 pm

Sam smiled at Teresa " No I don't, I'm not going to tick him off" Sam whispered and she didn't want to get detention for getting a teacher angry.

" So, I forgot to ask you know that ring you gave me what does it do?" Sam whispered as she showed Teresa the ring.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teresa Maria King Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Teresa pouted a bit. "Detention can't be that bad. It's not like they can hit or something harmful. And he might as well give us a warning. We never gotten trouble before, right?"

"It will help you find your way home."

Teresa Maria King
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Sam gave Teresa a look " You can tick him off I'm not" Sam said with a small smile Sam than looked down at the ring and sighed.

" Well, considering I don't have a home" Sam said with a sad smile she looked at the ring and smiled.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teresa Maria King Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:31 pm

"But, it's no fun by myself," Teresa said. "Fine, let's just wait until classes starts. Maybe I can get someone who is willing."

She took out a long piece of string. "For now, we can play with this. What do you think we can do with this? I wonder where Raven is. We can play with him."

Teresa Maria King
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Sam smiled at Teresa " Okay" she said with a small smile Sam nodded and she leaned back in her chair and wondered if any of the other students would show up.

Sam closed her eye's and waited for more students to arrive.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:29 am

When the rest of the class was assembled, Richard stood up in front of the desk and clapped his hands a little bit, signifying that he was changing from light-hearted to teaching mode,

"Alright class, today is going to be a light lesson to get you back into the subject." he pointed at Sam, "Miss Hawthorn! What valuble metal cannot be made using transfiguration?"
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:59 am

Sam was a little taken aback by this but she shook her head when she heard the question and blinked ' c'mon she thought and she gulped lightly.

" Um... Iron?" Sam said unsure she was a little nervous and she knew that she had got it wrong but she had a little hope that she got it right.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teresa Maria King Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:24 am

Teresa lit up. She was pretty sure it wasn't iron and raise her hands.

"You are not allowed to use transfiguration on gold," she said.

Teresa Maria King
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Xander knew he was late, but he didn't really worry about it. He didn't like it, but it happened. "Sorry, Professor," he said when he took a seat.

Hearing the other students' answers he raised his hand. "I'm not quite sure if there is a ban on using spells ON gold, but you can't actually MAKE gold out of other substances." He smirked at a memory. Luke and him had tried that when they were young. He figured most young wizards and witches did.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:43 pm

Luke entered class and winced seeing that he was late. Merlin was this just not his day? He sat at the very back not wanting to get any attention towards him that could take away points from his class. Hearing the question he couldn't even think of replying for that Slytherin girl replied before him. He shrugged, not really wanting to say anything.

Still if everyone was answering he might as well give it a shot.

"Any precious metal? I suppose Silver could be one? After all gold is made by Leprechauns and also made my Nicolas Flamel once too and he wasn't ever punished"

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:19 am

Richard raised an eyebrow at the variety of answers he received. He paused as he let them all answer, might as well get all of the answers out of the way before he told them which one was right. When the class we silent he pointed to Sam,

"Wrong. Iron is easy to transfigure."

He pointed to Teresa,

"Wrong but in a different way." he told her quietly, "You are forbidden to perform charms on gold, in an attempt to duplicate it. It is, as Mr Clarke correctly states, impossible to transfigure something into gold. However!"

He waved his hand in Luke's direction,

"The Sullivan boy is also wrong." he looked at Luke, "Leprechauns make fake gold, hence the reason why gold given by the irish team in the world cups will not stay. Nicolas Flamel did not create gold. The philosopher's stone created gold, he merely directed it's energies. Overall... five points to Slytherin."

He paused for a few moments,

"Alright... who can tell me one of the Noble gases on the periodic table of elements?"
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lesson One - Second Years Empty Lesson One - Second Years

Post by Teresa Maria King Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:55 am

Teresa shot up her hand. She enjoyed learning the Muggle subject science. She was glad this question came up. Maybe it will make up for the last one. She felt a bit stupid.

"Xenon," she said. She wonders if anybody will say hydrogen.

Teresa Maria King
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:59 am

Richard gestured in Teresa's general direction when her hand went up. Listening to her answer, he nodded,

"Correct. Five points to slytherin." he pointed at Luke, "Mr Sullivan, can you kindly tell me the elemental composition of air? If you can't then maybe you will have proven yourself unworthy of breathing air."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down