Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afternoon Tea (ALL BRITISH MINISTRY WORKERS)

+3
Evangeline Webb
Silas Gray
Christopher Rubin
7 posters

Go down

Afternoon Tea (ALL BRITISH MINISTRY WORKERS) Empty Afternoon Tea (ALL BRITISH MINISTRY WORKERS)

Post by Christopher Rubin Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:17 am

Christopher placed his hat on the stand near the door and his jacket followed soon after, he had thought that there had better be a meeting of all of the Ministry workers who worked in the British Ministry now, as it appeared that the last Minister hadn't bothered to do that.

Sighing slightly he sat down and frowned at his cup of tea over his half moon glasses, then he scolded himself for doing so, that was one surefire way to create bad tea, and nobody would want to drink it then would they?

So he had decided that the best way to discuss where they all were in terms of the war, it was essential that they all communicated otherwise, a house divded against itself is sure to fall.

Waiting patiently for the workers to arrive, he looked at the long conference table and moved to sit at it's head.
Christopher Rubin
Christopher Rubin
Minister For Magic

Back to top Go down

Afternoon Tea (ALL BRITISH MINISTRY WORKERS) Empty Re: Afternoon Tea (ALL BRITISH MINISTRY WORKERS)

Post by Silas Gray Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:27 am

Silas had yet to actually meet the new leader of the country and perhaps that was rather bad of him but he had been busy with his own work. Apparently the new minister wanted some kind of a push to force the government as a whole to do something. He'd had to give his men a brief overview, all that he had at the time, as to how the military would be restructured by Minister Rubin's policy changes.

Opening the door to the meeting room, Silas closed it quietly behind him as he marched up to the table. Stopping at a seat on Christopher's left, Silas saluted him. It fit his image seeing as he was fully dressed in military uniform,

"Minister Rubin... Silas Gray reporting for duty sir."
Silas Gray
Silas Gray
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Afternoon Tea (ALL BRITISH MINISTRY WORKERS) Empty Re: Afternoon Tea (ALL BRITISH MINISTRY WORKERS)

Post by Christopher Rubin Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:31 am

Christopher stood up and chuckled kindly when he was saluted, as the man introduced himself he held out his hand for him to shake instead of such a formal greeting, it was something that he was not used to, having being treated as more of a friend in business than a superior;

"Now now, none of this Minister business, it's Christopher, and if you desire any shortenings of that, would you care for some afternoon tea?" he asked gesturing to the sets dotted around the length of the table.

"I suppose we still have a while left to go before everyone arrives, although what interaction did you have with the previous Minister might I ask? Do I have much to live up to?"
Christopher Rubin
Christopher Rubin
Minister For Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Evangeline Webb Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:52 am

Evangeline was more than a little confused when she was summoned to the Ministers office, she was more than a little distracted as she was sending souls to Heaven and Hell left right and center but she had to send her own soul out of her body momentarily for her to do so.

Walking into the office her mowhawk just scraping the top of the door as she entered she looked at the tea and scones, then she looked at the two men in the room rather blankly before taking a seat beside the oldest man, looking up above his head, she smiled gently, before it quickly dissappeared, he had a long time left.
Evangeline Webb
Evangeline Webb
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:06 am

Adrian was new to the Auror position, and was surprised when the newly elected minister had summoned him. Walking in, he noticed two other people there. One was clearly military, wearing his uniform, and the other girl he had no clue about. She didn't look like the typical ministry worker, but that didn't mean much.

He decided he better introduce himself to the minister. "Hello Minister Rubin, it's an honor to meet you. I'm Adrian Castella." Adrian held out his hand. Never did he think growing up that he would meet the Minister of Magic.
Adrian Castella
Adrian Castella
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Stryker Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:22 am

Eric shrugged on his duster coat. He hadn't interacted at all with the previous Minister for Magic, and that was something he hoped to remedy with this minister. He walked out of his office and closed the door. He made his way to the Minister's office, all the while, he thought about what this new Minister for Magic would be like.

He entered the office and looked around at those who had been gathered. He noticed two of the Aurors under his command. He made a mental note to have his own private meetings with each of them so as he could learn about those under his command.

"Good afternoon, Minister," he greeted in his Western American accent. He may sound like a cowboy, but he wasn't one of those outlandish images children came up with. He knew how to blend in. He took a position by the wall and leaned on it, waiting for the meeting to begin.
Eric Stryker
Eric Stryker
Head Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Rubin Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:48 am

Christopher looked up and smiled as more people entered the room, the first girl he knew was a worker in the Department of Mysteries, and when she did not shake his hand or perform a greeting he did not mind, he knew that she must be very busy, from what he had heard about her.

As the door opened he smiled broadly and shook the next man's hand enthusiastically;

"A pleasure to meet you Adrian, a pleasure indeed, take a seat, help yourself to tea and scones this is just a little informal meeting so no need for that, it's Christopher." he smiled gently

Then when the head Auror stepped in, he smiled again, although he was a little reserved about having an American as the head of the British Aurors, he knew that he must be skilled to have gotten the position at the Ministry.

"Welcome welcome Eric, it's a pleasure to meet you, we shall wait only a few moments longer."
Christopher Rubin
Christopher Rubin
Minister For Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:42 am

"Excellent, I was getting a bit hungry to be honest." Adrian admitted, and helped himself to some scones. He made a cup of earl grey, then found a seat. Calling the Minister Christopher would be odd, he wasn't sure if he could do it or not.

The head auror, Eric Stryker arrived, and he nodded to the man. Eric was american, and had a strong western accent, suffice it to say he stood out quite a bit. Adrian knew that he was good for the job though, he quite liked him.
Adrian Castella
Adrian Castella
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Gray Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:25 am

Silas noted the entrance of three other members of the Ministry as he relaxed from his greeting of the Minister for Magic. He didn't know who the woman was but he knew both of the men who had entered. Adrian was a new auror, a good man by all accounts. Eric was a good man as well but unlike Adrian he was the Head Auror and seen as a bit of a hardass. Silas had been in the military long enough to realise that meant that he was most likely tough but fair on the men under his command.

Hearing that they were going to be waiting for a few moments longer, Silas took out a small muggle note pad with a fountain pen and began to scribble away in small, cramped, writing. He was working out some notes for the project he had been working on with some spell-makers.
Silas Gray
Silas Gray
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Rubin Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:27 am

Christopher, after waiting a few moments longer almost pouted when there were no new faces in the meeting, although he did not mind it being a small group he could not help but notice that there was only one lady, and that she techinically was a creature, not a lady.

"Ah, well, I think we have all waited long enough for other people to show up to the meeting, we should begin now I believe." he smiled gently and sat down at the head of the table so he could see all of the people in the office.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all, I am Christopher Rubin, formerly of the Ministry for Magic's Liason office, and now Minister for Magic, I have called this meeting so that we can see exactly what page we are on with our feelings and progress towards some effect on this magical war. Who would care to begin, to highlight a personal issue, or how your department is doing."
Christopher Rubin
Christopher Rubin
Minister For Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Silas Gray Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:38 am

Seeing that no one was going to have the stomach to stand up first, Silas decided that he would go first. Carefully putting away his notepad, he stood up from his chair, back straight and almost at attention. He nodded his head to Christopher,

"Minister Rubin, as General of our Armed Forces I feel I should highlight something to the heads here today." he nodded to Christopher again before addressing everyone, "As you are aware, there is a British Rebel faction in our country. Regardless of whether or not we personally agree with their goals we must accept that their presence within our country will only encourage the Germans to attack."

He paused a little bit,

"Now, since killing our own people is out of the question and we cannot locate these rebels to identify them we must assume that the Germans will be pushed to act." Silas paused again, "They will attack those they see as rebels. They will attack them on British soil. In short, lady and gentlemen, the Germans will invade in order to try and combat the rebels. Civilian casualties are expected to be high. Now we have to ask ourselves if we are willing to allow this. To allow the German military free reign to conduct raids in our country."

Silas did not like this idea one bit and it was plain for all those in the room to see,

"I for one stand against that idea. I will not stand to see a single German operative on British soil who has the intent to harm British citizens. Would any of you?" he narrowed his eyes and withdrew some files before throwing them on the table, "Read them. Reports from some of our spies in the field. The Germans are grouping their armed forces around British-Occupied Hamburg. Under the rules of the ceasefire this is illegal. They mean to attack our occupied territory. Is it too much of a stretch to assume they wish to attack us directly?"
Silas Gray
Silas Gray
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Rubin Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:47 am

Christopher looked at Silas as he began to speak to the group about what was going on with the British Army at this present time, he had a lot of respect for the man in front of her, he really hoped that he would be able to sate his blood lust and tame him down.

At the mention of the British Rebels, Christopher frowned and he started to think about the solution to the problem, and there was only one that he could think of that would allow the peace between the two nations, however shaky to continue.

"Excellent excellent Silas, thank you for being the only one brave enough to go first." he said with a small warm smile on his lips, before he stood up with a little bit of difficulty.

"I happen, however, to disagree with you and certain points, and I believe that age has dulled my desire to charge into battle without further thought. However, I do know the identity of some of the British Rebels and have been in contact with them."

Looking at all the other people in the room Christopher asked; "Who wants death? Who wants any more war than we have already seen these past four years? Not myself. I have been in talks with Mr. Becker and Doctor Nettle, a peace can be negotiated if we neutralise the British Rebels, which I WILL do."
Christopher Rubin
Christopher Rubin
Minister For Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy McDougall Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:13 am

Joy had been hired as an Obliviator mere minutes ago, only to hear about the minister having tea with any willing employees. Deciding to go and check that out, Joy carefuly checked her appearance in the mirror, before walking to the minister's office. Her high heels clacking on the floor.

Knocking on the door, Joy walked in, she spotted the minister whom she recognized from a picture in the Daily Prophet, three men who all looked as if they could hardly be anything else then Aurors, and a creepy looking woman who was clearly into... ahem... alternative style.

"Hello, sorry I'm late. I'm Joy McDougall." Walking up to shake the ministers hand, she continued. "I only just got hired as an Obliviator. Did I miss anything important?" Joy sat down next to a rather dishy looking man with short, curly hair.
Joy McDougall
Joy McDougall
Obliviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Stryker Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Eric's listened intently to what Silas had to say. Personally, Eric tried to avoid charging to conclusions. He remembered something his grandfather taught him. A good commander tries to avoid any unnecessary confrontations, but they must be ready to defend their team when it is necessary. That was what had made him such an excellent Marine field commander.

He nodded his head silently with what Christopher had to say. Try to avoid confrontation, but at the same time, be ready for it. Eric could see how someone might feel threatened by the information of Germans preparing to mount an attack on the rebels.

"If I may," he said to get both the attentions of Silas and Christopher. "These rebels made the move that instigated the Germans to react. War is what the rebels want. Rather than preparing to counter the Germans, we should try to deal with the rebels ourselves. We both keep the cease-fire intact, and hopefully gain more trust with the Germans," he finished.

Turning to Joy he simply said, "Nothin' much. We just started."
Eric Stryker
Eric Stryker
Head Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Rubin Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:37 am

Christopher looked up, a little surprised when another person had walked into his meeting, and he smiled gently when he found that it was another woman, maybe now Evangeline would not feel so out of place when it came to meeting with the other members of the Ministry.

"No no of course come in, come in." he smiled warmly, walking over to her and shaking her hand lightly before gesturing to a seat around the table, which the young lady in question took.

Before turning his attention to Eric and he nodded his head before speaking in a rather exasperated manner in the face of discussing violence, however he knew that it had to be done in order to better the country and to keep it strong.

"I believe in the same thing as Eric here, the British Rebels are causing new conflicts to spring up, just when the war was beginning to die down, I wish to ensure that they are captured, and placed in Azkaban." he whispered "I see no alternate, they have killed men, women and children who were no threat, it is a fitting place for them."
Christopher Rubin
Christopher Rubin
Minister For Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Black Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:39 am

Ace had been very busy in the Department of Mysteries as of late and had not expected to be invited up to the office of the Minister himself. He hadn´t been invited up by the previous one, though that might not mean anything as he had just started in the DoM when she stopped working as one. He didn´t know what had happened, whether she had quit or if she had been overrun by the majority vote. Honestly, Ace didn´t pay a whole lot of attention and he didn´t vote himself. His job wouldn´t change either way.

When he reached the room, he knocked on the door and opened it just in time to hear what the Minister was saying about the British Rebels. He sighed. They really were causing trouble. "Hear, hear," he said softly and then gave a smile to the Minister. "Ace Black, at your service. It´s a pleasure to meet you, Minister Rubin."

He extended his arm, and in the process, he let his gaze sweep overthe room. He noticed that the head auror was the only one he had seen before who didn´t work in the same place as him; he had of course met Evangeline Webb, though he was new enough to not actually know her.
Ace Black
Ace Black
Ministry Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christopher Rubin Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:45 am

Christopher smiled broadly when another man entered the room, he knew him to be the other Department of Mysteries worker, who must of course know Evangeline Webb who worked in the department with him. As he extended his arm towards him Christopher walked over to him and extended his own hand to shake Ace's.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Mr. Black! Welcome welcome! Please take a seat." he smiled warmly, gesturing to some of the empty seats around the table "Working in the department of Mysteries as you do, you must not get your opinion asked very much, but I would like to know your position on events, if you are willing to share them?"
Christopher Rubin
Christopher Rubin
Minister For Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down