Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exploring in Silence (OPEN)

2 posters

Go down

Exploring in Silence (OPEN) Empty Exploring in Silence (OPEN)

Post by Christielle van Gysel Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:05 am

Christielle sighed when she found herself wandering into the Room of Mirrors. It really was a Room of Mirrors, as she saw mirrors here and mirrors there. "Maybe it was a wrong idea to visit this place," she thought as she looked around.

Christi blinked and continued walking. There seemed no end to this room. "Ow!" she said as she bumped one of the mirrors. She turned around, thinking someone had bumped her.

When she finally assured herself that there was no one around, she sighed in relief and continued walking. It was only then that she heard footsteps.

Slightly gasping, Christi looked around frantically. She didn't want to crash into anyone dangerous. She gulped.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Exploring in Silence (OPEN) Empty Re: Exploring in Silence (OPEN)

Post by IvanBorislaw Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:13 am

Ivan was wandering through Durmstrang, when he ended up in the Room of Mirrors. Carefully hovering a small marble in front of him, so he could see if he was about to walk into a mirror, Markuz travelled deeper.

Taking a turn, he could see a blonde girl looking around frantically, only now did he realize how loudly his footsteps resounded throughout the room.

"Uh... Hi, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Ivan."
IvanBorislaw
IvanBorislaw
Geschick Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Christi turned to look for the source of the voice. She sighed in relief. "Ah, hey. I'm Christielle van Gysel, second year Verstand. It's fine, I'm sure you didn't mean it. It's my own fault that I decided to explore this room," she smiled.

She noticed that she never saw Ivan around. "Are you new? I haven't seen you around before." she said.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanBorislaw Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:31 am

Seeing the girl sigh, Ivan knew he had scared her quite a bit. Hearing her name her year and house, Ivan realised he hadn't done so yet.

"Ivan Borislaw, First year Geschick." Ivan blushed. His house was doing terrible in the House Cup after all.

"Ah well, I don't really now how I ended up in here. There's nothing wrong with exploring though."

Smiling at Christielle noticing that he was new, Ivan nodded.

"Yes, I didn't join for the first half year, my aunt didn't think I was ready for school yet. And I spend most of my time in my dorm with some books I borrow from the library every morning."
IvanBorislaw
IvanBorislaw
Geschick Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:45 am

Christielle smiled after he introduced himself, noticing a small blush on Ivan's cheeks. Pretending she didn't notice, she went on with the conversation.

"Well, Geschick is lucky to have another student. They're getting low on House Points," she said. And, afterwards, nodding. "Hm? And why wouldn't you be ready for school? I thought you only needed to be ready for what's coming. There's not really much happening when you're still a first year."

Christi looked around. It was quite awkward, just standing there surrounded by mirrors. "So you like reading, too? I thought I was the only one. It's hard to find people here that you could get along with," she smiled.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanBorislaw Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:28 am

Giving a shy smile at the older girl, Markuz nodded.

"Yes we are, but we're no longer in last place! I gained us some points during first year Dark Arts, so I guess it's not my fault we are behind by so much. And thank you, that's very kind."

When Christielle mentioned his reason for staying home for the first part of the year, Markuz blushed again.

"My aunt didn't think I was able to be without adult supervision 24/7 already. And my scar was hurting like, a lot. It'd gotten infected somehow."

Markuz didn't like talking about his scar, so he was glad when Christielle mentioned reading.

"Yes I do! Especially Transfiguration books. Though I guess Dark Arts and Duelling are pretty cool as well. And surely, you're in Verstand, so you must have some people who like to read as well? What are your favorite kind of books?"
IvanBorislaw
IvanBorislaw
Geschick Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Christielle nodded after hearing he got some points during his Dark Arts class. "You're also in Dark Arts? Lehrer Vane is a nice teacher. She isn't very strict. It's Lehrer Drake - the Potions Mistress - you have to watch out for. She took 30 points from Verstand because my friend forgot to finish his potion," she frowned.

After hearing about the scar, her frown disappeared. But it seemed that Ivan didn't want to talk about it.

"Yes, there are quite a lot of us who like reading. My favorites are, of course, anything that has to do with my classes. Dark Arts and Potions books are the ones I usually read. Probably why I'm good at both," Christi smiled.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanBorislaw Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Markuz let out a relieved sigh when he heard the worst teacher was the Potions professor.

"I don't take potions, so I'm at least somewhat safe then, right? That's too bad for your friend though. With thirty extra points you would have needed only 5 more points to get first place!"

Ivan was pleasantly surprised when Christielle didn't ask about his scar. He liked that.

"Well, my favorite is Transfiguration and I'm pretty good at that. There might be a link somewhere in that. My least favorite class is Herbology, I'm glad I don't have to take that," Ivan grinned shyly.
IvanBorislaw
IvanBorislaw
Geschick Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Christielle nodded. "I'm thinking I should finish my potion now. It's almost finished. I suppose I'll do it later," she shrugged.

She smiled when Ivan said his favorite was Transfiguration. "Oh? I like Transfiguration, but I haven't seen the Lehrer much. Is there a new one? I might have forgotten to attend class..." she muttered the last sentence.

"Of course, Herbology is usually the least favorite among students. For some reason. I think they're the plants. Some are quite odd," Christi said.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanBorislaw Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Ivan frowned when Christielle mentioned finishing her potion, only to change her mind.

"You should finish your potion when the recipe tells you it's ready for the next step, should you not?"

Ivan beamed, he had seen the new professor in the hallway once.

"Yes there's a new professor. It's a man of somewhere between thirty and forty years old I guess. He was too late to start the third classes though, he was hired a few minutes before they ended. So everybody missed class. Not just you."
IvanBorislaw
IvanBorislaw
Geschick Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Christielle nodded, smiling a little. "Well, it already is ready for the next step. A few more steps, then I'm done."

Then she nodded at what Ivan said. "Between thirty and forty?" she thought. "Hm... well, that's good to know. I don't want to lose us some points just because I forgot to attend a class," she smirked.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanBorislaw Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Ivan was curious now. "May I ask what potion you are making?" He asked.

Ivan grinned at Christielle when she mentioned the house cup standings.

"Yes, that wouldn't be very wise at this point in time. You are trying to take first place after all."
IvanBorislaw
IvanBorislaw
Geschick Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:53 pm

"Babbling Beverage. Causes the drinker to babble nonstop," she said, grinning. "I think I heard Lehrer Drake say that she was going to test it on us... forgot if she did tell us that, though."

She shrugged, nodding at the same time. "Yes, Verstand's probably doing their best now. Geschick won by a ton of points last year."
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanBorislaw Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:59 pm

Ivan was fascinated by this potion.

"So if someone drank it, and he hadn't mastered silent casting yet... He wouldn't be able to duel?"

Ivan's mouth literally dropped when she mentioned Geschick winning last year.

"Seriously? We won last year? That's just great. I arrive and suddenly we can barely stay away from last place. How disappointing."
IvanBorislaw
IvanBorislaw
Geschick Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:03 pm

Christi could see that Ivan was quite interested. "No, I mean... like, babbling nonstop. Speaking whatever. Oh, you mean - yeah, I suppose so," she shrugged.

She laughed a little after seeing Ivan's jaw actually drop.

"Yeah, think so. Or was it Risiko? Well, it was one of you. Verstand barely caught up last year. Last place, I think," she said.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanBorislaw Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:06 pm

Ivan could see that this was not the use Christielle had envisioned for her potion. Was she even planning on using it?

"Are you going to use the potion, or are you brewing for educational purpose?" He asked. Before realising he could he asked that question differently. He sounded like a stuck up moron!

Ivan grinned when Christielle laughed. She had a nice laugh.

"Just great. Why the year I arrive and suddenly the standing are completely mixed up. I would have like last year better I wager."
IvanBorislaw
IvanBorislaw
Geschick Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Christi raised her eyebrow at the way Ivan asked her the question. "Well, what do you expect me to do? Just dump it down the sink? I'm going to use it, probably when I've found someone who's worthy of it. Honestly, all I want are for my enemies to shut up," she said.

She smirked and shrugged at the same time. "Well, next year may be different," she said. Christi then changed the topic;

"How d'you like Durmstrang so far?"
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanBorislaw Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Ivan grinned. He joked, "Use a Babbling potion to shut your enemies up. Now that I have to see!"

Ivan's grin widened when Christielle asked what he thought of Durmstrang.

"I love it! The library, the classes, the food and there are some nice people here as well. Although I haven't met that many yet. Still, I really like it here!"
IvanBorislaw
IvanBorislaw
Geschick Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:27 pm

Christi grinned at Ivan's joke. "I suppose it won't really work. They already won't shut up!"

She nodded at his thoughts of Durmstrang.

"The food? Eh, well, I suppose the food is good. But you should watch out. Bob - the Durmstrang Poltergeist - always sneaks dungbomb on our food. Depends, though. If he likes you, he won't mess with you."
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by IvanBorislaw Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Ivan smiled when he saw Christi grin. It was nice to see people happy.

"Ah. What a good Silencio can't accomplish in those situations. Although I don't know that charm... Hmm... That'd be a problem."

Ivan laughed when Christielle mentioned Bob.

"Huh, haven't seen him around yet. Ah well. As long as he doesn't bother me, he can do what he wants. The library is my favorite part in the castle though! What's yours?"
IvanBorislaw
IvanBorislaw
Geschick Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Christi shrugged. "Ah, well, Silencio's don't really last that long. A few minutes or so, I guess," she shrugged. She smiled when Ivan laughed; he seemed really nice to her.

She shrugged when he asked her what her favorite part of the castle was. "I guess the library, the Girls' Dorms, and Das Eis. The lake, you know?"
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down