Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Time (Rich and Bri)

2 posters

Go down

First Time (Rich and Bri) Empty First Time (Rich and Bri)

Post by Richard Romain Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:23 am

Richard was sat in the living area watching over little Raven as his daughter toddled around, holding onto things in an attempt to stand up before slipping and falling on her backside. They'd long ago charmed the surfaces to be slightly bouncy though so she didn't end up hurt. Instead she giggled happily as she bounced slightly when hitting the ground, like she was on a bouncy castle.

Chuckling a little bit, Richard went back to his research on perhaps making some sort of seal to gently filter the stone's power into someone. He looked over it before Raven caught his attention again. She was standing, unassisted. This had happened a few times but she lifted up her left leg slightly and Richard immediately knew what was going on,

"Briony!" he called out to his wife, barely able to contain his excitement, "You're going to want to see this! I think Raven is trying to take her first steps!"
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

First Time (Rich and Bri) Empty Re: First Time (Rich and Bri)

Post by Briony Romain Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:29 am

Briony was currently in the study, she was not allowed to smoke anywhere else in the house because of the effects it would have on baby Raven and she thought that she was going to need several cigarettes after what had happened between the British Rebels and Germany.

It would create a problem and undo all the hard work that the Iuvo tournament had just fixed between the two nations, all because of some nutjob vigilantes. One of which she used to be, she thought with a smirk on her lips.

Hearing Richard shout for her Briony stubbed out her cigarette and apparated down into the living room, looking at Raven she sat down next to Richard and held his hand;

"Is she?" she asked, excitedly.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:36 am

When his wife popped into existance by his side, Richard just spared her a grin and held her hand tightly in his own,

"She is!" he told her with a happy smile, almost bouncing with excitement, "She's actually going to start walking!"

As if understanding her father, little Raven took one unsteady step forwards before stopping. She wobbled a little bit before stretching her arms out towards Richard and Briony. Raven cooed to them and took another step, almost falling.

Richard held his breath for a few seconds before holding out his free hand to Raven,

"Come on Raven..." he encouraged his daughter before grinning at Briony, "Come to mummy and daddy..."

Raven cooed a little bit more and reached towards Briony, her hands opening and closing as she took some stubbling steps closer,

"Ma... ma!" Raven cooed as she stubbled forwards for Briony to catch her.
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:41 am

Briony's breath caught in her throat when she was told that baby Raven was about to start walking, she had been trying to do it for weeks and now she might finally be able to do it, hearing her husband's encouraging words Briony merely smiled gently not wanting to bombard Raven with too many things to look at and hear.

When she took a step forwards Briony grinned and she clapped her hands happily, her daughter always making her feel the way that nobody else could make her feel;

"Well done Ray-Ray, well done!" she praised, and when she spoke her first word, and her first word was in relation to her, Briony beamed and she held out her hands, leaning forwards to catch Raven as she stumbled forwards.

"Oh well done my precious princess, well done!" she said with a happy smile "Papa will go and get you a nice chocolate for making your first big girl sound." she said, poking Raven gently on the nose.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:46 am

Richard was not far from tearing up right now and that was something that was hard to do at the best of times. But seeing his daughter talking her first steps towards him and his beautiful, beloved, wife was more than enough for the tears of joy.

When she reached Briony he grinned wider than he'd ever grinned before, except for maybe when he and Briony were married. He clapped along with his wife,

"You've done so very well Raven!" he congratulated his daughter, kissing her on the forehead when Briony scooped her up, "Such a clever girl! Just like your mummy you are! Yes you are."

Richard complied, causing some chocolate to zoom out of the kitchen to his hand. Breaking off a small piece of his daughter, Richard held it out to her,

"Say... ta!" he asked his daughter hopefully. Raven scrutched up her face a little bit as she reached for the chocolate before she cooed,

"Ta!" she half-said, half-cooed. It was more than enough for Richard though. He gave her the small piece of chocolate,

"Such a clever girl!" he congratulated her before kissing Briony with a grin, "Must get it from her Mama."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:53 am

Briony smiled happily and she shared a look with her husband, she couldn't believe that baby Raven had grown up so much from the time that she had been born, and the only thing she could do was gurgle and lie in their arms, to now, when she could walk and now had started to talk.

"They grow up so fast don't they?" she asked Richard gently as Briony watched him give Raven the chocolate, promting further talking from the young lady, which seemed to only make him feel even prouder of their daughter.

Gently stroking Raven's hair, which was jet black just like Richard's and her own, Briony gently sat her up as she ate her chocolate, in the middle of the sofa between her and Richard.

"Now that we're here, I think that we should talk about what we're going to do about this little one and sending her to nursery school a few days a week. Do you think that it would be a good idea, she is still very young after all?" Briony asked with a slightly worried look.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:00 am

Richard smiled back to his wife at the look they shared. It was the look of proud parents who were so very happy with their child and how she was developing. It was amazing to him how much like the both of them Raven was, even though she was still young. He chuckled a little bit and nodded,

"Yeah... she'll be running before we know it." he agreed with a happy smile, "And I am so proud of her. She's such an incredible little girl."

With the family of three settled on the sofa, Richard alternated between giving Raven small pieces of chocolate and giving some to his wife as well. There was a reason why Raven was eating galaxy and that was so both of her parents could have some too,

"Yes nursery... she is old enough now isn't she?" he admitted, not really looking forward to letting Raven go but at the same time realising that they had to, at least a little bit, "I think she's ready. She's a fast learner Bri and she'll be older than some of the younger kids. I think she'll do well to interact with children her own age."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:06 am

Briony bit her lip and she let herself worry a little bit too much about what was going to happen with Raven when she went off to nursery, she was so worried in fact that she didn't even realise that Richard was holding out some galaxy for her.

Letting herself lean forwards Briony tok the galaxy from him and eating to straight from his fingers, licking her lips she sighed happily as she let the chocolate melt in her mouth, before she responded to what Richard thought about nursery.

"I know that she's old enough I just worry because I don't think that we can trust anyone enough to allow our baby girl to be with them all of the time, I mean what if the nursery gets attacked or something like that?" Briony asked, sounding truly like the concerned mother.

"Oh listen to me, worrying like some old woman, I say that if you insist on having her go then we give her the needed protective and summoning charms." Briony said with a small frown on her face.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:13 am

Seeing Briony biting her lip, Richard knew enough about his wife to know that meant she was worrying. It was a big step forwards in their lives as parents and he was more than a little bit worried too if he was honest with himself. He did chuckle a little bit when she appeared to zone out though.

Richard smiled as his wife enjoyed the chocolate. He hadn't had the heart to tell her that it was a muggle brand of chocolate yet. He broke off a piece for himself before feeding a bit to Raven too,

"I know what you mean, it's hard to think of trusting anyone with little Raven all the time other than you and me..." he agreed before smiling slightly, "How about Kayla? She can watch over her at the nursery or at home if we don't want her to go to nursery."

Richard chuckled a little bit and kissed his wife gently,

"Oh you're just acting like the great mother that you are babe, don't worry about it." he told her with a smile before nodding seriously, "I've been thinking about that. If you can help me I think I might be able to make something... like a rune, that will coat Raven in some of those shadows you use. They're stronger than anything I can make that can be breathed through. And we can work on transport magics too."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:30 am

Briony smirked a little bit when she heard Richard chuckle at her when she zoned out, not only that but she couldn't help but want some more of that chocolate, it really was her favourite and she just hoped that she would actually be able to find some in Honeyjukes next time she went.

"Why don't we just allow Kayla and Finley to look after her at home? I really dont feel comfortable leaving her with anyone that we don't know, perhaps we should begin looking into acquiring a nursery school for her now and familiarising ourselves with the staff?" she suggested.

Sighing a little bit Briony hung her head and pinched the bridge of her nose; "No even that wont help I dont think."

At Richard's idea, Briony couldn't help but grin and was very glad of her husbands intense planning at this moment in time, she supposed that would help put her mind at rest even a little bit while they got used to the idea of putting Raven in nursery.

"I think that I might just be able to help you there, you never know, as Raven matures she might have the same magic I have, it's a bloodline after all." Briony smiled.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:37 am

Richard was once again reminded about how lucky they were that their relationship could not only survive subtle teasing and joking but seemed to trive on it. They were able to gently poke fun at each other and the other would just laugh and agree, happy that their partner knew enough about them to know exactly when to stop,

"Kayla and Finley are very capable of looking after her but we have to think about how she will react with other children." he admitted with a small frown, "We can't hide her away with only adults, elves and ghosts. I think you're onto something with the buying a nursery though. That way we can put the wards we want on it. And we can add some dark little spells to keep the staff from doing anything we don't like."

Richard kissed Briony's nose teasingly when she was done pinching it and nodded a little bit. He was very glad that he'd been thinking about ways to protect their daughter for awhile now,

"I knew you would meine leibling. You are genius after all." he winked at her before grinning, "Oh that'll be fun at Hogwarts. If a guy tries to flirt with her and she's not interested I won't even need to threaten to make him a eunich. She'll do it herself with some of those nasty shadow spikes."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:58 am

Briony smirked a little bit more when she thought on all of the teasing that she and her husband did together when they were relaxing, kicking off her kitten heels, Briony curled up on the sofa, and she nuzzled her nose against Ravens, before nuzzling it against Richard's.

"I think that perhaps we should execute some sort of contract between the staff and us, a magical contract that would enable us to feel safe in the knowledge that Raven won't be harmed."

Thinking a little bit, Briony hummed and she wondered; "Do you suppose that the Ministry has a sort of nursery for all of the other children on influencial people...that would already have these protocalls?"

Rolling her eyes Briony poked Richard's nose when he kissed her own and she laughed when he mentioned the one time that she actually managed to de-man one of the people she was attacking;

"That was one time!" she protested with a grin "I don't think I'd be teaching her any of that stuff anyway...not yet at least."
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard Romain Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:08 am

Seeing his wife kicking off her heels, Richard knew that she was going to be relaxing more from now on. He kicked off his own shoes, a pair of doc martins, and relaxed as well. Nuzzling her nose with his own, he gave her a soft peck on the lips,

"A magical binding contract sounds like a good idea to me meine leibling." he agreed before chuckling, "And the staff are much more likely to agree to it than having me cast a series of dark arts spells on them to ensure loyalty."

Richard thought about it for a moment, "You know... I have no idea. I think maybe they might actually. After all, some of the depatment heads have kids the same age as Raven. Some younger."

He wiggled his nose when she poked it, smirking as he did so. She did it often enough after all,

"Yes but it's pretty damn memorable." he argued lightly, grinning as he did so, "Good good. Oh and can we teach her it after puberty? I don't feel like having to turn my balls to steel whenever she has a mood swing..."
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:15 am

Briony returned the soft kiss that Richard gave to her when they were thinking about the idea of a contract, she was caught up with the idea of the Ministry Nursery though, she was sure that there was such a thing for the workers if nothing else.

"I think that the best option would be to ask around in the Ministry and to see if they actually do have a nursery, they might be more used to catering to our...protective needs."

With a smirk on her lips, Raven seemed to want to get in on the action to and she made a small noise which sounded like 'Da-ah!' to get Richards attention her hand reaching up to poke his nose.

"As funny as that would be I think that we should let her teach herself some things, having her mother teach her how to neuter a man is a little strange don't you think?" she asked with a smirk.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down