Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disaster day (Frank Dawson)

2 posters

Go down

Disaster day (Frank Dawson) Empty Disaster day (Frank Dawson)

Post by Odette Cambry Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:06 am

That particular day wasn't Odette's biggest fan. She had woken up late, panicked that she would miss classes, got dressed and ran down to breakfast, fell down the stairs, only to find out it was Saturday. Going outside for a walk to calm down, she had fell once again into the lake, causing a crowd of people to laugh at her. Odette was bruised, covered in mud, soaking wet, and to top it all off, missed breakfast.

Going to lunch, Odette was limping a little. Her lip was busted, and her hair was a soggy mess around her face. Taking off her shoes, she wasn't surprised to find puddles of water in them. Groaning, she began walking to the steps when she was promptly shoved to the ground.
Odette Cambry
Odette Cambry
Gryffindor Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Disaster day (Frank Dawson) Empty Re: Disaster day (Frank Dawson)

Post by Frank Dawson Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:16 am

Frank had enjoyed an early jog around the lake, at six a.m., before returning to his bed. Having fallen asleep, he woke up only to find out that lunch would be starting in ten minutes.

Cursing, he got dressed and cleaned in record time, before truly flying down the stairs toward the Great Hall. He was hungry!

Arriving in the Entrance Hall, Frank grinned when he saw a familiar owl crash into a window. Not looking where he was going, he felt himself hit somebody, and he heard the person in question hit the ground.

Hastily turning around, he noticed a girl who was looking absolutely terrible.
Her lip was busted, her hair was wet and messy and she looked rather unhappy.

Immediately helping her up, Frank noticed she wasn't wearing her shoes, they were on the ground and they too looked wet.

Focusing on the girl again, Frank offered his heartfelt apologies.

"Damn. I'm sorry 'bout that. I should 'ave looked where I was goin'. I'm Frank, Frank Dawson. I'm a third year and I'm in Hufflepuff."

Looking the girl over again, Frank couldn't help feeling a bit concerned.

"Are you alright? Your lip looks rather painful. Do you want me to take you to the nurse?"
Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cambry Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:28 am

Odette pushed herself up off the ground and felt her head spinning. The person who crashed into her was talking at what seemed like rapid speed. Feeling nauseous, Odette waved her hands blindly. "Stop talking, stop talking!" She commanded, resting her head on her legs, breathing deeply. Feeling better, she looked up.

"Frank Dawson?" Odette thought that's what she heard. "I'm Odette Cambry. Third year Gryffindor." The name rang no bells, but she knew their paths would've met sooner or later. "No, I'm fine. If there's nothing broken then I'm fine." She examined herself. Mainly a headache, her lip searing in pain, and bruising. "Nothing broken." She said softly. Except, of course, her dignity.

Extending a hand out to Frank, Odette sighed. "You knocked me down. The least you could do is help me back up."
Odette Cambry
Odette Cambry
Gryffindor Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Dawson Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:46 am

Shutting up immediately when the girl told him to do so, Frank grimaced. He really didn't mean any harm.

Hearing the girl introduce herself as Odette Cambry from Gryffindor, Frank couldn't really remember her from any past meetings. Ah well, then this would be their first one. He wasn't making the best first impression ever though.

Letting out a sigh of relief when Odette said that she was fine, Frank spoke softly, trying to avoid getting her to yell again.

"I really am sorry. Are you sure you don't need to see a healer? With al due respect, but you do look rather banged up. I have some bruise salve in my bag if you want it, I always carry it with me."

Seeing Odette extend a hand, Frank immediately took it to pull her up.

"I'm sorry. I should have helped you up immediately. Tell me, as I clearly owe you one, what can I do to make it up to you?"

Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cambry Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:57 am

Odette saw Frank grimace as she screamed at him. "Shit, I'm sorry. I just felt really sick and you were talking so much that it was about to be a splash zone." She really didn't want her first meeting with the kid to be a bad one.

"I feel really banged up. But the healer will say the same thing that I already thought of. Ice your bruises, clean your cuts, if anything gets worse come back." It was the same thing the healer always said. Odette was in there so often she practically memorized the speech. "I would like the bruise salve. You don't mind though?" The last thing she needed was someone upset with her over salve.

"Uhhh." Odette was confused. "I don't think you owe me anything, or you shouldn't feel that way at least."
Odette Cambry
Odette Cambry
Gryffindor Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Dawson Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:10 am

Frank noticed that he had done something to get Odette to think that he was upset with her.

"Don't worry 'bout it. Don't people usually pay extra to get to sit in the splash zone at those dolphin shows?" Frank grinned. When in doubt, try humour. That was one of those mottos his Gramps had drilled into him.

Frank smiled softly when Odette mentioned that the healer wouldn't say anything special.

"Well if the healer is really like that, he or she sucks. That's no way to treat somebody who's injured. And wait one sec, I'll fetch the salve. Sure I don't mind, I have way too much of it as is. It's one of the few things I can actually brew."

Taking his bag off of his shoulder, Frank yanked it open before rummaging for the bruise salve he carried. He had it with him, because he was usually bruised when he finished one of his spars of work outs. The disadvantages of being a boxer... Finding the salve, Frank gently handed it to Odette.

Frank noticed that he had made Odette confused when she Uhhhed.

"Well I did knock you down. And then I forgot to pick you up! I mean, that's pretty rude so I should make that up somehow, shouldn't I?"
Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Odette Cambry Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:47 am

"I think that's what happens, why I don't know." Odette laughed a little, then quickly stopped because of her lip. It was a good feeling to laugh though, given her situation.

"Well, I appreciate it." Odette paused, a frightened look on her face. "You brewed this yourself? Should I trust you?!" She asked with terror in her eyes. She winked to show it was a joke, a terrible one at that.

"If that's what you think." Odette shrugged. It was her fault as well, as she didn't catch herself before she hit the ground.
Odette Cambry
Odette Cambry
Gryffindor Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Dawson Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Frank grinned when Odette laughed. She had a nice laugh, and people with nice laughs were usually nice people.

"Well I wouldn't do so personally, I like myself nice and dry actuallly. But I do remember some guy mentioning that to his wife a couple of years ago when I was at a dolphin park, so he was probably right."

Frank smiled when Odette thanked him, was suprised when she questioned his capability as a brewer, which was pretty bad honestly..., and laughed when she winked at him. He had fallen for that one with open eyes!

"Well yeah, I did brew this. But unlike basically every other potion, I'm actually capable of making this. I don't follow potions, but I learned this one at my old school, when they found out that I have boxing as my hobby." Frank smiled softly. He missed Austin Academy quite a bit.

Frank smiled at Odette's nonchalant reply when he told her that it was his fault that she had ended up on the ground.

"Well, I do think that, but if your cool with it, how about we forget about it. I just give you the salve and that's that. Alrighty?"
Frank Dawson
Frank Dawson
Hufflepuff Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down