Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Absence Of Light (OPEN)

3 posters

Go down

An Absence Of Light (OPEN) Empty An Absence Of Light (OPEN)

Post by Othala Thormund Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:02 am

Othala had decided to visit the insane asylum. after all it was something that other children had told her would be a good thing to go and see, and she wanted to be able to tell them that she had gone, maybe then they would be her friend? They seemed to think that if she got something from the house then they would allow her to hang around with them.

Happily, Othala hopped along the road that led to the gates of the asylum and she placed her hands on the gates, feeling the cool metal under her skin, the place in front of her was really scary and she thought that she could hear something whispering near her, which scared her even more.

Turning around swiftly, she squeaked out;

"Who there?!"
Othala Thormund
Othala Thormund
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

An Absence Of Light (OPEN) Empty Re: An Absence Of Light (OPEN)

Post by Christielle van Gysel Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Christielle had decided to explore Die Versteckt Dorf, but she seemed to have walked a little further. She found herself in the asylum that she had heard of before. Knowing that the asylum was home to the most violent wraiths, she took out her wand just in case.

She scanned the place and spotted the metal gates. She entered quietly, nearly tripping on a dead tree's roots, and continued walking.

Looking up at some building - she assumed it was the place where the wraiths stayed - Christi suddenly stepped on a twig. It being small, you'd think it won't make a lot of noise. But, surprisingly, it made a loud crack. She heard someone call out afterwards. She turned around, frantically. What if it was a wraith!?

She spotted a girl somewhere, underneath the dead trees. Christi sighed in relief and walked over to the girl. "Hello," she said, "I didn't mean to scare you. Sorry about that." She smiled politely. When she got closer to the girl, she saw that the girl seemed young. Around her age, maybe. Deciding to make a conversation, Christi opened her mouth to speak. "I'm Christielle van Gysel. I suppose you attend Durmstrang, too?"
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Othala Thormund Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Othala gasped when she heard something coming towards her and she quickly grabbed her magical stick and pulled it out of her pocket, her hand wavering a little with the adrenaline that was pumping through her systems at the scare she had just recieved.

When a girl appeared Othala relaxed and laughed lightly, she was happy that it wasn't some big scary monster that was going to come and eat her for standing in it's home or anything like that. Placing her stick back in her pocket, she smiled warmly.

"Heyo!" she greeted "You scare me I think you a monster from the building there."

Hearing Christielle tell her name to her Othala knew that it was the polite thing to do to then tell her her own name, the Doctor taught her that; "I'm Othala Thormund, I go Durmstrang yes. What house are you in?"
Othala Thormund
Othala Thormund
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Christielle chuckled as the girl put her wand back into her pocket and told her she thought she was one of the wraiths. But, Christielle noticed, the girl seemed to be having problems with her english. Maybe the girl came from some other country, and she wasn't used to the language.

She smiled and nodded politely when Othala introduced herself. "Pleasure to meet you, Othala. I'm in the Verstand house, actually. You?" she asked.

Othala seemed to be having a hard time with speaking, because there had been a short-ish pause before she replied to Christielle. Random thoughts popped into Christi's head, as to why Othala wasn't good at small talk.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Othala Thormund Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:39 am

Othala was a little bit sad when Christielle told her that she was not in the same house that she was, but she had not seen her in the common room so she would have been surprised if she was in the same house as she was. Verstand...she thought that was the house where all the clever people were put.

"I in Risiko house." she said proudly "But I no know why, I not very scary at all, and Risiko is the house of fear I think...what is your house the house of?"

Tilting her head to one side, Othala leant against one of the trees that lined the entrance to the building in front of her and she wondered what Christielle was doing near the haunted building, was she looking inside too?

"What you doing here?" she asked with a small smile.
Othala Thormund
Othala Thormund
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirri Kinne Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:38 pm

'Coming to Durmstang for school is NOT what I expected,' Mirri muttered to herself as she walked into the forest. Things had really gone differently than planned since she had arrived. First she got lost in the forest and had to be rescued by a Centaur. Now, he was good looking and very kind, but it still made her feel like a child. She didn't usually get lost anywhere. Then her sister left without a note or a good-bye. She was still at a loss to know where she had gone.

Mirri loved the feeling of peace and freedom she found in nature and truly loved being out in the middle of a beautiful place. That was one thing home didn't have enough of. The different plants, animals and birds were totally awe inspiring and lifted her spirits little by little.

Rounding the corner of the path, she suddenly came upon a strange and eerie building that she didn't recognized. Not sure if she should approach it or not she moved off the path and listened quietly. There were voices coming from the direction of the building, but she didn't recognize them. The last thing she wanted to do was interrupt a fight or a lover's triste. Stepping behind a tree she sat down and waited for the people to move on.
Mirri Kinne
Mirri Kinne
Risiko Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Christielle blinked. Othala was from Risiko? But she didn't look as scary as the other Risikos she had met.

"Risiko? Well, you aren't that scary. Maybe there are other traits in you. Verstand is the house of intellect. Um... like, smart people," she said, smiling.

When Othala asked her what she was doing in the asylum, she blinked once more. "I was visiting Die Versteckt Dorf, the village nearby. I guess I got lost, and... well, I found this place." She turned around. She thought she heard footsteps. She did the only thing she could think of;

"Hellooo??"
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Othala Thormund Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:48 am

Othala smiled happily when the nice girl told her that she wasn't scary, she was glad that she wasn't because then that would mean that people wouldn't be able to talk to her without getting upset, and maybe they wouldn't even talk to her at all!

"Ah I see, so you smart?" she asked with a happy smile "I wish I was smart, but, Doctor helping me speak properly, so, I wont be so silly next year." Othala spoke, leaning against one of the trees and looking up into it's boughs.

Nodding her head, Othala hummed to herself; "I get lost somedays too, it not nice, but someone always there to point in right way."

When Christielle spoke to someone else, Othala looked around and she gasped; "What is it? It monster?!?"
Othala Thormund
Othala Thormund
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Christielle nodded. "If you could call me that. I think there are people who are better than me, though," she grinned. "The Doctor is helping you? Hm, always thought he was scary."

She agreed to the next thing Othala said. "It's not nice to get lost, and sometimes you don't know what you'll meet." Christi was still looking around for the source of noise she had heard earlier. Then she giggled softly when Othala seemed to panic.

"No, I don't think it's a monster, just a person. I don't think ghosts really walk, or make sounds at all!" she said.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Othala Thormund Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Othala nodded her head when Christielle asked if the Doctor was really helping her, of course he was he was a lovely man, but she was still a little bit scared of him because of what she had heard he had done in the History lessons she had with professor Nickle.

"The Doctor seem scary, he not really, when you get know him." she smiled gently "You have him for any classes? I take runes with the Doctor and I like it."

Nodding her head again Othala pouted lightly; "I know, sometime the people that we meet when lost are mean and don't help, but I look for old people, they look like they wont be mean."

Othala waited with baited breath to see what the noise was, if it wasn't a monster, then, what was it?

"What you think is?" she asked, a little scared.
Othala Thormund
Othala Thormund
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Christielle nodded. "Yeah, he does look pretty scary. You take Ancient Runes? I used to, but I don't know much about it, so I had to stop. And I'm taking a lot of classes," she replied.

She laughed lightly when Othala told her she looks for old people instead. "Well, sometimes old people can fool you into thinking they need a lot of help. In the end, they could hurt you. I've seen some of those back home," Christi said. "So it's really nice to know your own way, or to have some friends with you."

Christi looked around and shrugged. "Hm, well, I don't think the wraiths have legs to walk with, so it's probably just a person. I know a few spells that could come in handy if it is a monster."
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Othala Thormund Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:44 pm

Othala nodded her head and she thought about all of her special pictures that she had on herself, that made her very good at doing ancient runes, she knew that the Doctor was proud of her for learning how to do some before she had even started classes.

"Yes, I take runes I like that class very much it my favourite." she nodded with a happy smile on her lips "I use like transfiguration but then the class stopped, no teacher no more." Othala pouted lightly "What your favourite class?"

Blinking lightly Othala pouted again and crossed her arms "Old people always cute and nice where I from, where you live? I make sure not to get lost there."

Nodding her head when she heard that Christielle thought it was just a person, Othala relaxed a little bit and looked up at the building in front of her once more; "You want go closer?" she asked with a light smile on her lips.
Othala Thormund
Othala Thormund
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:32 am

Christi nodded at Othala's reply. She liked Ancient Runes, too, but she just really didn't know much about it. "My favorite class is Dark Arts. Lehrer Vane is a great teacher. I also like Potions, but the teacher is... strict," she said.

She grinned at her question. "I'm from Austria. My family isn't very nice, so we have to stay in the side where some poor people live. It's fine with me, though, but you always have to be careful."

Christi felt a bit uneasy when Othala suggested they go closer. But she nodded anyways, even if the Asylum seemed creepy, she was curious about it.

Taking a deep breath, Christi moved a bit closer, looking around to check if there were any ghosts - or wraiths - around.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Othala Thormund Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Othala smiled happily, she had not met Lehrer Vane but from what she had heard she sounded like she was a very nice person like the Doctor, she hoped that she might be able to pick up one of her classes later on in the year, although she wondered if Dark Arts would be scary...

"Is Dark Arts no scary?" she asked tilting her head to one side "Sound like it might be scary...but Potions teacher very scary! She my head of house."

When she told her that she lived in Austria, Othala tilted her head to one side and she wondered what Austria would be like, she had never been there but from what Christielle was saying it was a scary and not very nice place.

"Why you have live there?" she asked, her voice confused "I guess always good to be careful wherever you are."

Othala stepped forwards and she walked around the tree she had been leaning on, it was nice to have someone with her while she explored this place, it looked seriously creepy.

"What you think happen here?"
Othala Thormund
Othala Thormund
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:29 pm

Christi smiled and shook her head. "No, Dark Arts is a good class. But, well, we don't really intend to use the Dark spells for bad things," she said. "And it's not always about scary stuff." She looked around and sighed. The place was big, but if there were any wraiths, they could hide behind trees or something.

She nodded. "Yes. Well, we couldn't really afford the big houses, and we don't really need much space, so the village was good enough for us," she replied.

Christi shrugged at Othala's question. "Well, it's the abandoned asylum, so... it's abandoned, obviously. And I don't really know how the wraiths got here," she said quietly, taking a few more steps.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Othala Thormund Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Othala wandered around the grounds of the asylum and stopped outside the large rusted doors, they were kind of beautiful in a way, she thought that the whole building was a very sad and beautiful tale, and she truly felt sorry for all of the people who had ended up here.

"I not allowed sign up for dark arts, parents say no." she pouted a little bit "Maybe Florence teach me some things, what type of thing you learn?"

Nodding her head Othala remembered her own house that she had lived in with her parents, it had been big, but they had not needed all that room, maybe they wanted to be seen as rich or something? Othala had never thought of it much.

"My old house very big." she sighed lightly "Was cold in winter, I used many blankets to keep warm."

In a small moment of pride Othala smiled; "I know." she grinned "Florence told me, want to hear?"
Othala Thormund
Othala Thormund
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Christielle sighed and told Othala the lesson topics she remembered. "Black Mirrors, voodoo... unforgivable curses.... necromancy, demonology, um.... that's all I remember. But it's a nice class. The lessons aren't really scary, but that depends on the person," she said.

She nodded slightly. "Our house isn't really cold during the winter, but it's boiling hot during the summer. That's why I stay at school during Holidays."

Christi's mood lifted a bit. "Sure, I'd like to hear," she smiled lightly.
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Othala Thormund Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:35 am

Othala was more than glad to tell Christielle about what had happened in the asylum, after all she was one of the only people she had the chance to talk to long enough to tell her about it, and she was going to make sure that she got all of the words right and that Christielle would be impressed with the story.

"Well!" Othala grinned and she coughed, clearing her voice before continuing with what she was saying "There was a mean Doctor who lived in the asylum, and he did all sorts of horrible experi...experiments on his patients! And you know, you know Professor Drake lived in here for a while...she was born in there the Doctor told me."

Tilting her head to one side, Othala felt her features turn from happiness to sadness;

"It must have been so horrible to live in there, with that mean nasty man."
Othala Thormund
Othala Thormund
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:18 am

Christi blinked as Othala told her the story. When Othala finished, her eyes widened a bit. "Professor Drake was born there?!" she asked. "That's an.... unusual place to be raised in." Then Christi frowned, "Well... my dad's not really horrible, he's just kind of... weird. And he's only mean to Muggles. And he supports the Dark Arts."
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Othala Thormund Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:09 am

Othala tilted her head to one side and nodded her head, she knew that it was the reason why poor Miss Drake was the way that she was, and she was glad that she was getting better now, she was slowly becoming less scary...albeit very slowly indeed.

"I know, the Doctor told me that the mean man inside the Asylum made her the way she was, but she's getting fixed now so...so thats good." she stated with a large smile.

Seeing that there had been some confusion Othala tore her eyes away from the Asylum and shook her head repeatedly, she hadn't meant to speak about Christielle's father, but about the Doctor who had lived in the Asylum all those years ago.

"No no no, I meant that the man who lived in the Asylum was mean, and that it must have been a very nasty place to live for poor Lehrer Drake." Othala pouted lightly.
Othala Thormund
Othala Thormund
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Christielle van Gysel Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Christi nodded. "Yeah, she seems to be getting less... p- uh... yeah," she said. She felt a bit awkward talking about Lehrer Drake that way, so she trailed off in the end. She didn't want Othala to think she's... insulting teachers.

Christi tilted her head a bit to one side when Othala explained that she was talking about the doctor from the Asylum. "Oh. I just sort of misunderstood. But yes, it must have been horrible for Lehrer Drake. If that man hadn't done anything, she could be.... er, better now."
Christielle van Gysel
Christielle van Gysel
Verstand Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down