Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson Three - Fourth Years

2 posters

Go down

Lesson Three - Fourth Years Empty Lesson Three - Fourth Years

Post by Vladimir Martinov Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Vlad sighed as he entered the classroom. So far, he had only had two students from different years. He was starting to wonder if anyone still bothered learning Astronomy. It was boring at times, but it was still an important part of their education, right?

He placed His wand on his desk and took a piece of chalk, writing the lesson for today on the board;

'Pluto and Neptune'

He flicked his wand and opened the door to let the students in. Once they were all settled, Vlad smiled at them and asked, "Does anyone here know anything about the planets pluto and neptune?"
Vladimir Martinov
Vladimir Martinov
Head of Verstand

Back to top Go down

Lesson Three - Fourth Years Empty Re: Lesson Three - Fourth Years

Post by Annika Bauermeister Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:34 am

Raising her hand Annika said in a low voice, "Pluto is the farthest one out, and in the States they say that is not a planet any more. But I don't understand. If it isn't a planet, then what is it. Neptune was named after the God of the sea, I think. And isn't it between Saturn and Uranus?" Embarrassed because she rattled on again, Annika lowered her head and waited for the professor's reply. She really wanted to do good in this class, but always seemed to embarrass herself.
Annika Bauermeister
Annika Bauermeister
Geschick Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Vladimir Martinov Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Vlad smiled and nodded as the student answered. "That is correct, Miss Bauermeister. Five points to Geschick," he said. "Pluto isn't a planet, but a dwarf planet. But we aren't learning about that until next year."

"As for Neptune, it is not inbetween Uranus and Saturn, but it comes after Uranus, but your guess was near enough," he chuckled.

"For many centuries people did not know that this planet even existed. It was discovered by Johann Galle and Heinrich D'Arrest. Neptune is the smallest of the four gas giants in our Solar System. Much like Saturn and Uranus, Neptune's atmosphere contains hydrogen, helium and methane. Now, do you know what year pluto was discovered?" he asked.

"I offer another five points," Vlad smiled.
Vladimir Martinov
Vladimir Martinov
Head of Verstand

Back to top Go down

Post by Annika Bauermeister Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:24 pm

"That one is kinda easy, cuz it's the year my Oma and Opa got married. 1930. Am I right?" Annika giggled a little at the question. Her Oma had always called Opa 'Pluto' when he did something silly or just dumb, cause she said his head was just as empty as the planets atmosphere.
Annika Bauermeister
Annika Bauermeister
Geschick Sixth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Vladimir Martinov Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:26 am

Vlad smiled and nodded. "That is correct. Another five points." He looked at his watch and gulped. "Ah, looks like it's time for us to go. No homework for you today, so... I suppose you may leave," he said.

-END LESSON-
Vladimir Martinov
Vladimir Martinov
Head of Verstand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down