Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoping for forgiveness

2 posters

Go down

Hoping for forgiveness Empty Hoping for forgiveness

Post by Sofia Slytherin Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:12 am

Sofia had done what Albus had suggested, in fact had done it right in front of him and now all she had to do was wait and see if Horst showed up. Sofia was in the wrong when she took Selena and she knew that now. It took two years to get her mental status back to where it should have been.

Sofia learned a hard lesson this time, if you don't store the memories don't place them back in your mind because you will never know if they had been tampered with. It took the healers in America over 6 months to discover what type of dark magic was mixed in with the memories and another 6 months to completely remove it.

It was a very painful process and to this day Sofia was still having headaches and sometimes nightmares about what she had done. Of course she had always treated Selena very well during the month stay at her place. Always making sure she had everything she could have wanted, except for her freedom. When Sofia finally let Selena go there was no hard feelings between the two of them because Selena understood what happened to Sofia and she was the one that helped her leave the country and find the doctor in America. After Sofia left she had no contact with Selena and she assumed she went home to Horst.

Sofia had finally been able to start her nightly walks again around her lake, she had really missed her home. Being locked up in a mental hospital for two years does a number on a person and she will probably never be the same free spirit again. She was glad that the divination job was not open because she was not sure if she could handle that position.

Sofia had been wearing her black jeans, along with a green sweater as she stood out by the lake and waited. She hoped that he could forgive her, but would understand if he couldn't.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Hoping for forgiveness Empty Re: Hoping for forgiveness

Post by Horst Sollmann Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:07 am

Horst had received Sofia's owl, and he'd decided to come. When he got it he had talked it over with Selena, she said he should go. He had been so mad at her for what she'd done to his family, but if she wasn't in her right mind could he really blame her? The truth was that everybody had come out okay, no lasting harm done.

So, after deliberating he had decided to come. She wanted to apologize, and he would at least hear her out. Whether or not they could become friends again he still wasn't sure about, he wasn't sure he could trust her anymore after what she did. Even though she wasn't in her right mind while doing it, it was her who kidnapped his wife. He wanted to forgive her, he just hoped he could find it in his heart to do so.

Horst walked onto the Slytherin Manor grounds, having apparated there. Sofia was walking around the lake, probably hoping for him to show up. Walking towards her, he tried to put on a bit of a smile. It turned out to be more of a neutral expression than anything else.

"Hello Sofia, I see you've resumed your nightly walks." he said, not knowing what to say. This was the first time he'd felt awkward around her, and he shifted his feet uncomfortably.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Sofia had was alerted to Horst's arrival by her wards and she sighed inwardly. She was glad he had come, but she was also nervous. So nervous in fact that when he walked up to her and spoke she almost broke down in tears.

"Hello Horst, yes I thought tonight would be the perfect night for a walk." Sofia sighed

"Would you care to walk while we talk or would you like to just stay here?"

Sofia was still having trouble looking at him, she was afraid of what she would see. See could bare it if he hated her, but not if she had to see the hatred in his eyes.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Horst could see that Sofia was just as nervous as he was. She looked like she was about to cry, and it made him sad to think this is what their relationship had come to. They used to be close after all.

"It is a nice night for it." he admitted. "We can walk I guess, that is what we used to do after all." he said quietly. "So, how's your head? Is it back to normal?" Horst asked.

He had heard that she hadn't been in her right mind, and he wanted to make sure she had been treated for it. No doubt she had been, but he wanted to make sure.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Sofia smiled a little smile as he said they could walk,

"Yes, I enjoyed those walks. We used to talk about everything." Sofia sighed.

Sofia knew that this would be a question that had to be answered and she would try to be as honest as she could.

"Well other than the headache that I am getting everything is much better now. Its all thanks to your wife by the way."

Sofia started to lead him around the lake.

Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Horst wanted to make Sofia as comfortable as he could, that's why he chose to walk. The weather was nice, and the lake looked lovely as usual.

"I did as well, and we really did talk about eveything." he said, smiling at the memories. "It made Hogwarts not quite so lonely."

He listened to her explanation, wondering what his wife did to help her. She hadn't said anything much about it for some reason.

"That's good, glad you've improved. What did my wife do to help you?" he asked. "Selena hasn't said anything about it."

Horst followed her around the lake, looking at the sun as it set. The oranges, pinks, and purples were starting to streak across the sky.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Sofia smiled, "I will have to agree with that. It seemed like all the other professors had their own lives and Briony had the new baby."

Sofia continued to hold her arms tightly around herself,

"Selena listened to me and I listened to her. She was the one who found the treatment place for me in America. She even saw me off that day." Sofia smiled

"You really have a wonderful wife and I got to know a lot about her. I did treat her well while she was with me." Sofia said as tears started to fall

"I am sorry that it happened and I wish I could take it all back."
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:45 pm

"Yea, Briony did get awful busy with Raven. That baby's adorable, looks just like her." Horst said with a smile, thinking about her. "Now Briony seems to be a lot colder, not sure what's happened to her. She hardly seems like the same person any more." he told her with a sigh.

He saw Sofia holding herself, it was clear she was hurting about what happened between them still.

"That's great Sofia, my wife has always been extremely kind. I'm glad she was able to help you a bit." he said with a genuine smile. "She is amazing, I have to give you that one. Glad she wasn't treated poorly too." he said quietly. A couple tears of his own started to fall when she brought it up.

Horst looked at her and saw the remorse in her eyes. Pulling her into a hug, he wiped some of the tears away. "I know, I know. It's okay Sofia, I...I forgive you." he choked out, pushing past the lump in his throat. He wasn't sure he would be able to, but he could forgive her for what she'd done.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Sofia had to agree when Horst commented about Briony being different,

"I can see that one completely. I had a meeting with her at the Three Broomsticks and I could feel the dark aura just pulsating off of her." Sofia sighed as she thought about the feelings she got.

When Horst pulled her into a hug that was when she completely lost herself in his embrace.

"I hated myself so much once I was able to heal that I tried to kill myself, I didn't deserve my life or my gifts anymore."

Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:46 am

Horst wondered if perhaps something was tampering with the headmistress' mind like Sofia's had been. It was a possibility, and it would explain the drastic change in character. Richard was probably already looking into it.

"She's kind of frightening at times now. I just hope she'll return back to normal soon, she could be a dangerous person if she stays like this." he said sadly.

What she said broke his heart, and he hugged her a little bit tighter. He wasn't completely surprised by it, but he had hoped that she wouldn't have thought that once she returned to normal.

"Nonsense Sofia, you deserve to live just as much as anybody else. And your gifts are a part of you." he said quietly. "Don't talk about killing yourself okay, I'd miss you too much." Horst said with a small smile.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:22 am

Sofia thought about the Headmistress and it did bother her especially with what Horst was saying. She continued to walk around the lake.

"Well to give you a little idea of what I went through." Sofia sighed

"It took the doctors six months to figure out what was wrong. It ended up being some kind of poison that was placed inside the memory. Dark magic. Then it took another six months to remove it."

Sofia placed her hand on her head and sighed again.

"It was so painful, I thought being under the Cruciatus was bad. I believe this was worse. Then for the next year I had to work out the difference between what the evil Sofia did to what the good one did. It all seemed like it was my real life."

Sofia could feel Horst pull her tighter, "I won't I promise. I did make a new friend since I have came back and I don't think he would be happy if I did it either."

Sofia laughed, "I really need to get myself some woman friends, but most of them have always been jealous of me."

Sofia was thinking that the two friends she had now and both were male.

"I want to be honest to you about my feelings if you want to hear them that is?"

Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:28 am

Horst ould see that Sofia knew it was a problem as well. He hoped that Briony would return to her old self soon, he really did. It was nice walking around the lake, perfect weather for it.

"Wow, I can't believe it took that long to figure out what was wrong and fix it. That must have been one hell of a year, sorry you had to go through that." he told her. She probably had nobody to talk to during that whole time.

He couldn't even begin to imagine what that must have been like for her. Sofia had been forced to deal with a lot. "I can't even imagine..." he said quietly. "Glad to have you back."

Horst gave her another squeeze and then let go. "Good, making new friends is always a good thing." he told her with a smile.

"Jealous of you, what for?" he asked. "I'm sure my wife would be happy to be your friend. She's always been a people person." Selena was always willing to meet new people.

"Go ahead Sofia, I'm listening." He knew she had feelings for him, she probably needed to get this off her chest.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:41 pm

Sofia sighed as she thought about her time she spent,

"Yeah if you think its bad already having people think your crazy cause you can see the future, try living in a place where everyone around you is truly crazy."

Being around the other people in the hospital Sofia about lost what was left of her mind.

When he told her that Selena would be a friend for her and Sofia knew that she was a really sweet person but she doesn't think that would work.

"Given our past history I do not believe that would be a very good idea. Not that I wouldn't love to be her friend." Sofia sighed.

When Horst told her to go ahead and explain her feelings she was wondering how she could do this. She had to work through her feelings and come to a conclusion.

She had walked over to the edge of the lake and stopped pulling her arms around her as she looked out onto the lake.

"We spent so much time together talking about all the things that we had in common and you always listened to me offering me attention. You seemed to understand me that I could not help but fall in love with you." Sofia sighed

"I knew you were happily married and that didn't bother me and I would have never acted on my jealousy if it would not have been for the poison that messed up my mind. I just wish I could find someone like you for me."

Sofia was really nervous as she told him her feelings, she knew that she could love him like a brother and knew that was what she needed to do.

Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:21 am

Horst could see how being around crazy people around the time would be maddening. It was probably one of the toughest things she'd ever gone through. Add the guilt she must have been feeling and he knew it must have been horrible for her.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that Sofia, I know it must have been hard. At least you won't have to go back there any time soon though." he said, trying to smile a bit.

"You're probably right, it was just a silly idea. There are plenty of people you can make friends with though. You just have to make a bit of an effort on your part." Horst knew she wouldn't have any problem, she was a great person.

Walking with her, he prepared himself for what he knew was coming. This would be hard for her to say, but it would be good for her. He would listen quietly, and be as nice as possible about it.

"Sofia, you're a great friend, but I'm sure you know that's all we can ever be. Spending time with you was great, and you are one of my closest friends. If you want to try and be friends again, I'm willing to give it a shot." he offered.

"I know the normal you never would have done anything like that, Sofia. You are an amazing person, and I have no doubts you'll find somebody. Take some chances with people, you'll find someone eventually, I'm sure of it." he encouraged her.

Going over to her, he gave her a hug, letting her know it was okay. "Don't be afraid to talk to me if you need to okay? I'm always happy to help. It's good to have your friendship back Sofia, I missed you." he admitted.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Sofia sighed as she listened to Horst talked, she was so glad he was here. He always seemed to have a calming effect on her and she imagined that is why she loved being around him. With everything she had gone through her nerves were still a little on edge and her mediation was not cutting it.

"Anymore I am a little shy when it comes to people, I am always afraid something is going to happen. How can I met new people if I am always scared they are going to judge me for what I have done?"

Sofia knew the one main thing she was going to have to do is forgive herself and that was the one thing that was proving hard to do. Looking up at Horst she could not help but sigh,

"Currently you are the only friend I have." Sofia knew that she could loose that and would do anything.

When Horst hugged her once again she could not help but breakdown in tears when he was telling her how she could come to him about anything.

"How can you forgive me so easily, I took you wife away from you and you son." Sofia could not even bear to look in his eyes while she said it.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down