Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unexpected Surprise (Gene and Aimee)

Go down

Unexpected Surprise (Gene and Aimee) Empty Unexpected Surprise (Gene and Aimee)

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:44 am

Aimee wandered into the Three Broomsticks, she had of course heard of this famous pub before but had never been there so naturally she was anxious to go and see what all the big fuss was about, but as well as this it was by the wizarding school Hogwarts, and the small area surrounding it looked like a charming place to live.

Wondering about possible market values Aimee wandered up to the barkeeper and asked for some butterbeer, nothing too heavy for her and she sat down at one of the empty tables, got out her diary and began to write down what had happened today gently tapping the pen on the pages occassionally as she thought.

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Surprise (Gene and Aimee) Empty Re: Unexpected Surprise (Gene and Aimee)

Post by Gene Christopher Downie Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:50 am

Gene was drinking his Butterbeer, when he saw a new face walk into the pub. It's not everyday that the Three Broomsticks has someone new come in. He watched as the lady sat down at an empty table and he plucked up his courage and walked over.

"Sorry, Miss. May I?" He gestured to the empty seat, and he placed his briefcase beside him when she gave the go-ahead.

"What brings you here to the Three Broomsticks?"

Gene Christopher Downie
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Surprise (Gene and Aimee) Empty Re: Unexpected Surprise (Gene and Aimee)

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:55 am

Aimee looked up at the new voice as it asked if he could sit down next to her, even though there were lots of tables empty, so she presumed that he wanted to talk to her which made her smile shyly, slipping her diary back in her bag.

"Sure, go ahead, it's nice to have company."

Smiling slightly wider Aimee shrugged her shoulders, her hands now clasping her butterbeer tankard and making patterns in the condensation.

"I came here just to see what it was like, I don't know if you can tell but I'm not from around here. Why are you here?"

She asked, eying up the breifcase.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gene Christopher Downie Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:16 am

Accent. Different. He blinked a little.

"I work here... I teach History of Magic in Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please don't mind the briefcase... It's just my work... Books... And this muggle property book." He smiled and drank from his bottle of butterbeer.

"So... As in new around here? Or been here for sometime? If you're new, have this. I don't really need it." Gene took out the muggle property book and pushed it across the table to her.

"Were you taught at Hogwarts?" Gene asked, curiosity getting the better of him.

Gene Christopher Downie
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Aimee smiled widely as the man said that he was a teacher up at Hogwarts, she remembered her time there and she had loved every minute of it, especially with Kendra, when she was there of course, sometimes she had to stay home.

"Wow, that's great, I used to take your subject you know, it was one of my favourites. How is Hogwarts doing lately?"

Sipping a little more of her butterbeer Aimee sighed softly, and snapped out of her daze of looking out the window as the man handed her the property book, just what she needed! Smiling broadly Aimee almost gave him a big huh but held back.

"Thank you very much! I appreciate this very much. I'm still choosing somewhere permenant to live at the moment so this will be very useful."

Aimee grinned and held out her hand: "I'm Aimee, Aimee Cooper."

Back to top Go down

Post by Gene Christopher Downie Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:39 pm

"Brilliant! I'm afraid it's a dying subject now though. Really dying... I got a class the size of a peanut." He shrugged. He remembered times when it was jam packed full of student.

"My manners.. My name is Gene, Gene Downie. Glad to meet you." He shook her hand and looked at that book.

"Well, you can always live out in country. Land is a lot cheaper, cosier... And also, because we're.. Wizards and witches, you can just apparate!" Gene said, smiling.

"What's your budget?"

Gene Christopher Downie
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Aimee frowned a little bit, she always thought that although slightly dull at some points history was important as you could learn from your own mistakes, and, if you couldn't do that then what would help the future generations?

"Thats a real shame...it's modern technology I blame that, after all, history is portrayed as being boring and dull and people believe it!"

With a smile Aimee shook Gene's hand and blushed a little bit, after all, he did look a bit like a muggle movie star...that she used to have a bit of a crush on when she was smaller.

"I guess so, but I was really hoping on living somewhere within close reaches to shops, apparation is all well and good but sometimes you know you just need to walk somewhere. Or maybe that's just me being weird."

Aimee blushed a bit more and squeezed the cup: "Well I've got around 100,000 but I dont think that's going to get me much..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Gene Christopher Downie Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:20 am

"I think so too! History should never be allowed to repeat itself. That's why you learn it and take it as a lesson!" Gene said, wagging his finger.

"Well... A hundred thousand... Hmm..." Gene considered that for a moment, and he blinked, before shaking his head.

"Well, unless you want to buy the house that's next to me." He laughed, and he borrowed the book he just passed to her and started scrolling through the content.

"Hey, I can't find mine here, but it's similar to this one." He turned the book around to show her a quaint little cottage home, 30 mins drive out of the city, but there were very few shops there...

Gene Christopher Downie
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Aimee couldn't believe that Gene had just said exactly what she had been thinking and it was all a little surreal for a moment until she smiled happily and nodded her head enthusiastically:

"I completely agree with you! You must take the mistakes of the past and move on."

Leaning forward Aimee took a sip of her butter bear and sighed happily, the house next to Genes? Well maybe that wouldn't be so bad...at least she would know someone and it was her budget.

"Maybe I should give it a look, after all I know the neighbours will be hassle but maybe the house will make up for it." she pulled her Tongue out at Gene

Aimee took a look at the house, she had wanted a flat but this could be do-able, it seemed to be close Enough to a town.

"Well...I don't really think it's close enough to a city, but I'll check it out definately."

Back to top Go down

Post by Gene Christopher Downie Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Gene nodded and smiled, sipping his butterbeer and enjoying its cold, sweetness...

"You ought to... His price is 115,000 but I'm sure the owner of this house wouldn't care much for 5000. It has some of the essential furnitures, bed, TV... Oh, it's muggle by the way." Gene added the last bit.

"You know how to drive right? Wait I keep forgetting. Just apparate." He laughed.

Gene Christopher Downie
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:53 pm

Aimee felt her eyes widen a little bit, the owner of the house would take so little from her? For a moment she wondered why this was, was there something wrong with the house or was the owner simply desperate to sell up?

"Really? That's really cheap isn't it?" tilting her lips to one side as she thought Aimee sighed, softly "Well I'll give it a look since it's so good."

Raising her eyebrow she wondered if Gene had actually listened to her before, he didn't seem to have."

"Well, I said I wanted a nice walk into town, but I can drive."

Back to top Go down

Post by Gene Christopher Downie Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:44 pm

"No worries... The house is inhabited by an old man, and I have never heard of anything bad happening in there..." He said instinctively when he saw her eyes widen.

"I beg your pardon. Well... Thats a tad bit of difficulty is it... By the way, where are you from?" Gene asked.

Gene Christopher Downie
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:15 am

Aimee smiled slightly, so the house was owned by an old man who was likely going to go and live with family? That made sense and there was nothing wrong with that at all, so there was nothing wrong with the house...just luckily cheap.

"That's a really rare find! I guess if it's so cheap I'll probably forgo the walk just to have somewhere to call my own."

As Gene asked where she was from Aimee smiled broadly, she was glad that the accent wasn't too bad for him to follow.

"Ireland, and you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Gene Christopher Downie Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:16 am

"Well, the environment is nice.. It's barely been touched by industries... It's population is like... Under 400... Cottage houses... Small but modest shops... Maple trees..." Gene described briefly.

"Ireland huh! Well, I'm from Switzerland. Looks like my accent isn't too bad either. Any nice in Ireland?" Gene asked, tilting his head.

Gene Christopher Downie
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down