Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Date (Marylin and Nicholas)

2 posters

Go down

First Date (Marylin and Nicholas) Empty First Date (Marylin and Nicholas)

Post by Marylin Mason Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Marylin had finally been asked out on a proper date by Nicholas and she hoped that it was going to be as good as she had thought it would be in her mind, she had made sure that she had the proper appearance for such a date, it wasn't a formal occassion and so she was wearing her tight skinny jeans and her checked green shirt, of course Marylin always wore one item of green clothing, she was a proud Slytherin after all, why not show it?

She wondered if anyone from Hogwarts would see them here, if they did, they would be sure to be confused, as Nicholas despite his promises still kept up his facade while he was at school, despite her asking him about it, he didn't really seem to want to terminate it just yet, who was she to tell him that he had to destroy a part of him that he relied on so much in school and at home with his parents.

Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, Marylin looked around and she smiled as the breeze tickled her hair from under her green beret, she was wearing a matching green coat as well, it was cold outside and she was regretting not bringing her gloves, maybe she would have chance to buy some later. Taking a deep breath, Marylin felt herself growing more excited and she wondered where Nicholas was, he should be here soon.
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

First Date (Marylin and Nicholas) Empty Re: First Date (Marylin and Nicholas)

Post by Nicholas Cathin Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Nicholas had asked Marylin on a proper date for the first time because he thought it was time for him to prove to her that he was committed to her. More so that he was committed to anything else. And that included his greatest ambition. To that end he thought he had to give the right impression right from the start. He was dressed in a pair of comfortable jeans with a black shirt. The black shirt had a white rose pattern that took up most of the back.

There were a few other people from their school hanging around. Doing Christmas shopping and the like he was sure. But right now he didn't care. He wasn't going to keep his mask up when he was on his date with Marylin. She deserved to have him, pure and simple.

He had arrived almost a full hour early just to make sure that she didn't have to wait around for long. When he saw her he smiled genuinely before sliding up beside her from behind,

"You, my lady, look absolutely beautiful." he told her, smiling at her, "It's always a surprise that someone as stunning as you could be with someone as plain as me."

Leaning in, he kissed her cheek and held her hand,

"Good afternoon my dear." he greeted her with a small grin, "I hope you're ready to hit the town."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Marylin squeaked a little when she heard Nicholas' voice from behind her, she really didn't think that he was here already, he was early and it was surprising that she didn't notice that he was behind her, but it was nice to see that he had not decided to keep up his happy cheery disposition while they were on this date.

Turning around to see him properly Marylin gave him a light smile and she gave him a little hug before shuffling her feet in the light sheet of snow on the floor, it was freezing out here and she was glad she wore her hat and scarf as well as her coat.

"Thank you Nicholas." she smirked lightly "I do wonder that myself sometimes too, but, I suppose it's just your sparkling personality that draws me in." Marylin joked with a small smile on her lips.

Wiggling her hand out of her pocket for Nicholas to hold Marylin shivered a little bit, the air was cold compared to her warm hand and she wanted to stick it back in her pocket immediately.

"I'm ready, and quite excited to hit the town with you, thank you for inviting me on this date." she smiled "What have you got planned for us today?"
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Nicholas had to admit that he'd never thought he'd hear a squeak coming from Marylin. The woman was almost as stoic as he was when she wanted to be and a squeak was very out of character. It was also incredibly cute. He chuckled a little bit and placed a hand over his heart in mock pain,

"Oh how your words cut deeply into me my sweet!" he joked with a sly wink, "Sparkling personality huh? Never heard that phrase used to describe me I'll tell you that for free."

When he saw how cold her hand was now that it was out of her pocket he smiled a little bit. Taking his wand he tapped her on the back of the hand and expanded the warming charm he was wearing over himself,

"It's my pleasure to invite you my dear. Thank you for accepting, you made my day." he told her with an honest smile, "Well I was thinking... it's close to christmas right? So we can do a little bit of christmas shopping, get an ice cream and hot drink, anymore shopping and then... I have a surprise for you."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:29 am

Marylin smirked a little bit, Nicholas always managed to make her feel very happy and her little pet names he had for her were just one of those things that managed to do that. Grinning slightly she swung their arms while they held hands, somehow she was forgetting about the cold now he was here.

"Awwwww Im sorry Nicholas, you're wonderfully attractive really, you know that I think that." she purred lightly, pecking his cheek before beginning to walk down Diagon Alley then, she frowned lightly a worry coming to the forefront of her mind.

Turning her head her eyes settled on the pet shop where this new virus had come from, it was closed down now, and yellow quarentine tape was set up around it, to keep wizards out, these had magical barriers attatched to them as well.

"Lets get away from here..." she whispered softly.

Tilting her head to one side Marylin grinned; "Thats perfect! I need some potions ingredients to brew the potions I'm making for people, and I was going to buy gloves but because of your lovely charm there's no need for that. A surprise?" Marylin asked, a drawling smile appearing on her lips.
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:35 am

Nicholas could tell that he was making her smile and that always made him so much happier than anything else he knew of. Being with her made him feel so much freer than being with anyone else. It was liberating, it was exhilerating and it was simply amazing to him,

"Oh you charmer you!" he teased back with a wink. He kissed her on her cheek in return and smirked slightly, "Don't ever change Marylin. You're an amazing person just as you are."

Nicholas looked at the roped off pet store. He had to admit that it did look rather ominous. The virus itself was probably gone, as all of the animals had had to be put down, but that didn't give much comfort. Wrapping an arm around her and giving her a quick squeeze, he nodded,

"Yeah let's find somewhere else to be." he agreed, "Perhaps down the other end of the street..."

He grinned when she seemed so pleased with his little plans for the day. Nicholas nodded,

"Sure we can get you some ingredients and maybe you can give me hints about Christmas presents for you." he half-joked before smiling wider, "Why yes! A surprise. A surprising one if I do say so myself."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:52 am

Marylin happily smiled to herself, she never normally allowed herself to be this content, and she was just beginning to see that being open with people was not a disgrace to her family, as long as she opened up with the right people, and Nicholas was definately the right person to open up to, she loved him after all.

"I'll try my very very best Nicholas, but what about you, are you going to stop this foolish lark with your other self yet or...are you going to keep him up a while longer?" she asked tilting her head to one side and she smiled lightly.

When Nicholas hugged her, Marylin rested her head on his shoulder, she was getting very stressed now, although she was from an upper class family and they wouldn't allow her to be so, Marylin was upset more often than not, would they get no rest from problems?!

"You want to know something?" she asked with a small smile "I know I keep my business quiet from you, I don't want you poking around after all, but, I want to tell you something."

Shaking her head Marylin smirked wickedly at Nicholas and she placed her finger on his lips when he asked about a Christmas present for her, she would give him no hints!

"Nah ah, no hints, I want a surprise!" she grinned "I've already brewed yours, so I'm going to keep that one a surprise as well."
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:02 am

Nicholas could tell that she was opening up to him a lot more than she used to and he welcomed that with open arms. He was losing his own armour to her. She was taking his armour from him, exposing his soft, delicate, self. His unprotected side. So far she hadn't hurt that so he wasn't about to close back up any time soon,

"I'm not sure to be honest." he admitted with a small frown, "I hate having to use it with a passion but it's still useful. However it's utility isn't worth it to me anymore I don't think. I guess it's time others, not just you, saw the real me..."

He hugged her tightly when she seemed to shrink against him a little bit, showing him that she was worried about something. One look told him that she wasn't worried about something, she was beyond worried. She was stressed almost to the extreme,

"You want to tell me something?" he asked her with a small smile before smirking, "And I don't poke around... I prod. Entirely different I assure you milady."

When she stopped his line of questioning with a finger against his lips he pouted before nodding,

"Alright then fine!" he stuck his tongue out at her, "I guess I'll just have to try and guess what you'd like for a present."

He paused at the ingredient's store before holding the door open for her,

"Ladies first my dear."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:15 am

Marylin smiled softly when Nicholas opened up to her about what he really thought and she squeezed his hands lightly, she knew that being himself would be a shock to his family and it was something that she didnt want him to have to go through, being hurt by his family, she knew she would be upset if she had to do that.

"I know...I know, but, what will your family think Nicholas? Maybe you should keep it up until you leave Hogwarts...it would be best I think, despite how much I dislike it...I want what's best for you." she blushed lightly, ducking her head, she was being a little too caring for her normal self, but, she was just a girl under her strong facade.

"Well...I've been getting so mant requests for cures to this disease, and I...I feel a little scared that someone's going to flip out at me when I tell them I can't brew one..." she whispered lightly, as if sharing her stresses was a bad and weak thing when it wasn't "I don't know if I should hire security or what.."

Wandering into the ingredients store, they smiled at her, recognising her for her big orders she placed every month, picking up a basket she took out her list and looked over the shelves;

"Hmmm...maybe they'll let me get away with some of this stuff for free, the amount of money I pay them." she grinned wickedly "You want anything from here?"
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:35 am

Nicholas sighed a little bit. The fact was that Marylin had a point about his family and how they would take this. Odds were that they wouldn't take it very well at all. But at the same time wouldn't it be better to tell them sooner rather than later? Was it a bigger betrayal for him to lie about who he was until he wasn't living with them anymore? He wasn't sure,

"Thank you Marylin..." he whispered with a small, soft, smile, "Thank you for caring when no one else seems to. I'll have to think about telling them over this holiday break."

When she told him that people were already starting to demand that she brew them cures to the virus he frowned a little bit. This had all the makings of a riot if she wasn't careful,

"You're going to have to be extra careful from now on..." he told her sadly, "People tend to lose any respect for property, or person, when they believe, however foolishly, that what they're doing can save them and those they love."

He chuckled a little bit and shook his head,

"Oh if only." he smirked slightly before holding up his hands, "Oh hell no. I've learnt it's best for me to just stay away from potions and their ingredients. Less chance of them exploding violently."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:46 am

Marylin smiled lightly, she knew that Nicholas needed all the support and help that he could get because of what was happening with his family, he might even have a little bit of a problem where it concerned school work as well, would the Professors take this well? Would his housemates?

"If you need someone to help you, I'm here if you need me." she continued with a small nod in his direction, she wanted him to know she was there, but she didn't want to completely let herself seem like a total loser by being too clingy.

With a small sigh Marylin bent her head down as they looked around the shop, picking up the ingredients she needed and placing them into her basket, she was glad to be making money in her own business and she didn't want that to stop.

"I will be careful I assure you." she smiled lightly "Worse comes to worse, I'll simply move my shop back into my home, that way it will be safer for me."

Marylin smiled lightly and she chuckled when she heard that Nicholas was staying away from potions, it was probably a good idea, however she still wanted to see him in potions lessons. it was nice to have a friendly face in the class, so she wasn't the only person there.

"Thats a good idea Nicholas, I mean, there;s more than one reason that I dont want you in my shop, everything will explode." she smirked.
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 am

Nicholas knew that what he was about to do was more than likely going to be seen as incredibly stupid by others. He was dropping his shield against the world after all. And why? Because he was sick of holding it up all the damn time. He was sick of acting like everyone in the world wanted to stab him in the back,

"I know you are and... thank you for that." he told her with an honest smile before kissing her lightly on the lips, "The same goes for you... if you ever need me, I'm here for you."

Nicholas was tempted to urge her to move her shop back into her home right away but he didn't want to panic her too much. He nodded,

"Just be extra careful alright? I don't... I don't want anything to happen to you..." he whispered, blushing lightly at the fact that he'd revealed that.

He grimaced a little bit as he thought back to the last potions lesson he'd had. He'd ended up causing the damn cauldron to explode and send him flying across the room,

"Not everything..." he smirked slightly, "Just the expensive stuff."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Marylin Mason Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:56 am

Marylin was a little bit stunned when Nicholas kissed her on her lips in public, and she didn't quite know what to make of it, but she smiled on instinct and wrapped her arm tighter around Nicholas' to show him even more that she was there for him if he ever wanted her to be there she would be.

"Well I suppose it would take a lot for either of us to come to each other with problems, considering how stubborn we both are." Marylin smirked lightly, she certainly would find it difficult, as she was very independant when it came to her problems "But we'll manage eventually."

The concern that Nicholas showed to her was flattering and Marylin felt a little bit more special now that he was finally showing some compassion towards her, instead of simply 'passion', it was a change, but a pleasant one.

"Don't worry Nicholas, I doubt that anything will happen to me, I'll pull some strings to get some protective charms drawn up." she smirked, knowing which contact she would use already.

Chuckling a little when he said he would only break the expensive things, Marylin picked up a few more ingredients and she consulted her list, that was about everything.

"Lets get these paid for before you destroy the shop then."
Marylin Mason
Marylin Mason
Slytherin Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicholas Cathin Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:04 am

Nicholas could tell that the instinctive kiss on the lips had been exactly what Marylin had been wanting. He held her tighter to him and chuckled a little bit. It was true. The too of them were stubborn as all hell and would probably wait till the last minute to ever say that they had a problem, let alone ask for help,

"To be honest I don't think we'll ask each other for help... I think we'll recognise that the other one needs it and offer help before we ask." he laughed a little bit, "Let's be honest if we waited for us to swallow our pride we'd never get our problems sorted."

He nodded a little bit, trusting her to pull the strings she said she'd pull. A curious part of Nicholas wanted to know who these strings were but he knew better than to ask,

"Yes well if you pull those strings I'd feel a lot better." he assured her with a smile, "I don't want you to ever not be protected."

Chuckling a little bit he nodded, making a show of looking around the shop,

"Okay then you pay... don't want the money to accidentally explode too."
Nicholas Cathin
Nicholas Cathin
Gryffindor Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down