Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idle Chatter ( Char and Humphrey )

2 posters

Go down

Idle Chatter ( Char and Humphrey ) Empty Idle Chatter ( Char and Humphrey )

Post by Charlotte Smith Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:53 am

Charlotte had decided that she would go out to the pub at the time that Humphrey had said he would be there, purely to see if he was in fact still going to show up at all, anxious to get to the bottom of the situation that she had found herself in Charlotte hurried through the dusk and into the Three Broomsticks.

Sighing softly, she saw one of her smaller paintings up behind the bar and smiled, waving a cheerful hello to the shrunken heads Charlotte asked, in a quiet voice, if she might have a butterbeer, to which Madame Rosmerta laughed and served up a pint.

With a small smile Charlotte went to sit in a small booth away from the majority of people to wait for Humphrey, in the meantime she sketched an eye, idlly with her right hand, trying to make time move faster.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Idle Chatter ( Char and Humphrey ) Empty First Date(possibly)

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:46 pm

A first date. That is what HUmphrey chose to view tonight as. He arrived at The Three Broomsticks five minutes prior to when he said he would meet Char. Deciding to use the restroom before she arrived, he went and relieved himself. Much better, and after he had washed his hands for a solid minute he checked his appearance in the mirror. Normally Humphrey wore a hat, whether it was a cap, fez, or a witch's hat it did not matter to him. He simply liked the way they liked. But tonight was special, so he had left his hats in his dormitory. His hair was still neatly combed, and his green eyes were emphasized by the green snake on his t-shirt. He was wearing jeans, and he decided that since he was meeting a Slytherin, it might be fun to pull out a snake shirt. He had gotten a t-shirt of each of the Houses before he had been sorted, so no matter what house he was sorted into he would have a shirt to wear proudly.

He exited the restroom and scanned the room for Charlotte Smith, the smart, pretty, intelligent, artistically gifted, and genuinely funny girl who he had somehow convinced to meet here tonight. He was not sure if it was a date or not, but if it wasn't it came pretty darn close. The new Librarian had given him advice. He had said to be honest with the girl about his feelings, and told him that if she genuinely liked him than his embarrassing experience in the ampitheatre would not be a big deal. Finally, he spotted her in a small booth away from the main crowd of people. As usual, she was sketching while he waited for him to appear. He checked his wristwatch, it read 8:02, and his watch was a rarity at Hogwarts. Wizard watches were much more complex and were not given to wizards until they had turned seventeen. And no wizard except for the occasional muggleborn or two sported a digital wristwatch. That was a muggle item.

Humphrey Williams walked towards Charlotte with a spring in his step. She was looking even prettier than she usually did tonight. Which was surprising to him because he didn't realized that she could be prettier. But she could be prettier, much much prettier. However, pretty was not a word that did Miss Smith justice, not by a longshot. The closest word he could think of was spectacular. Yet not even spectacular did her justice, a new word would have to be invented to describe her. Humphrey made a mental note that he would have to invent it, and tell her what it was when he did.

Finally reaching the table, he slid into the booth. The walk had felt much longer than it really was. He had been anticipating tonight so much that the time had passed slowly. And the walk to the small out of the way booth felt like it took a lifetime. "Drawing again, I see. Do you ever stop sketching or painting Charlotte?" he said. A lot of people called her Char for short, but Humphrey didn't like the nickname. The full name felt much better, Char was simply too short. "I must say I didn't think you could look prettier than you normally do. But I was wrong, dead wrong, and I can honestly say this. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, Charlotte. Honest. You look truly spectacular. How was I ever able to convince you to come here? On what a lot of people would consider as a first date." he said. He was genuinely curious as to why Charlotte Smith liked him, and as to why she had agreed to meet him here tonight.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Idle Chatter ( Char and Humphrey ) Empty Re: Idle Chatter ( Char and Humphrey )

Post by Charlotte Smith Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Charlotte had decided that for tonight she was going to wear her new dress that Cobalt had bought her, she couldn't wear it normally because it was liable to get paint or oil all over it and that was not something that she wanted to do, after all, it was a beautiful pale green taffeta dress, that would rip and stain easily. Besides her better judgement Charlotte wore White tights under it, and her green dolly shoes.

Glancing up at the bar she did a double take as she spotted Humphrey, his normal hat was gone, and he seemed to be wearing a Slytherin tshirt, why would he be doing that? If a fellow Gryffindor saw him! There'd be hell to pay!

A small shy smile appeared on Charlottes lips as she looked at Humphrey when he sat down opposite her in the booth.

"Hello Humphrey, for a minute there I thought you weren't coming, and no, not really, only when I sleep or am talking to someone, it's not polite to doodle while Someones speaking I don't think."

Charlotte bit her lip and blushed softly, even though she didn't really think about it in this way, Charlotte could have been seen to have put on a bit of effort tonight, but no make up, thankfully.

"Well, I guess I just wanted to get to know you a little better, but...this is not a proper date Humphrey I just want to make that clear, I need to get to know you before I even consider anything like that." she said in a kind voice
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Idle Chatter ( Char and Humphrey ) Empty That's Fine

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:55 pm

"That's fine. Charlotte, I wanted to ask you a lot of questions and get to know you as well. I know you aren't ready to consider dating me yet. You have told me that more than once. Thankfully, my skull isn't so thick that it completely blocks out what you say. It only partially blocks out what you say." he said jokingly.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Charlotte reached for her tankard of butterbeer and sipped it, creating a large moustache that she didn't really seem to notice and so upon putting the drink down, Charlotte sighed and looked around the pub, it smelled of stale alcohol here, which was not very nice to inhale.

"You have questions for me? Well then you can ask whatever they are and I will do my upmost to answer them for you."

Clicking her fingers with a sudden idea Charlotte giggled:

"We should play the question game, a bit like truth or dare but without the dares so we don't get in trouble and kicked out of the pub."

Charlotte placed both hands on the table and tapped gently, waiting for the first question from Humphrey and wondering what it might be.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Idle Chatter ( Char and Humphrey ) Empty Sounds Fantastic

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:26 pm

"Sounds fantastic. Okay, I've got one. Who was your first crush and why? Kind of a two-in-one I know but I will push my luck." Humphrey said.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:19 pm

Charlotte smiled softly and thought about this very carefully, she didn't really know about a crush, she had never really thought of anyone like that after some events in her past, but she supposed that she used to have a crush on someone...or something.

"Okay, this is going to seem really really odd, but, I used to have a crush on one of the paintings that my father used to have, he had long black hair and dressed in emerald green robes, I think his name was Caius, but I can't be sure."

With a small blush Charlotte thought and best explain her awful and rather odd first crush:

"I was never allowed out, and he was the only man I could speak to bar my father, so I think I just latched onto him."

Smiling Charlotte looked at Humphrey and thought of a question: "What is your favourite food?"
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Idle Chatter ( Char and Humphrey ) Empty Tough Question

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:33 pm

"Tough question, and extremely difficult because I am growing and every kind of food tastes delicious to me. But, if I had to choose I would say Tilapia cooked in a skillet with butter, and any kind of hot seasoning. I love spicy food, and that gives it a burned flavor kind of. Delicious and very hot. Okay, who was your very first friend?" he asked in return.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Charlotte smiled and thought about the answer to his question, the idea of her first friend and all these questions about her past were bringing up a very painful part of her that she didn't really think about most often.

"My first friend, sadly, was Hannibal."

Shrugging her shoulders in an attempt to brush off the sadness Charlotte bit her lip and tried to make sure that she wasn't going to go into a sad phrase in front of Humphrey or the people in the pub.

"Like I said I wasn't allowed out so...anyway! If you had to be a movie monster what would you be?"
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Idle Chatter ( Char and Humphrey ) Empty An Evil Monkey

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:22 pm

"An evil monkey if given the choice. What is your favorite song of all time?" he countered her.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:41 pm

Charlotte couldn't help but giggle at Humphrey's choice of animal, she couldn't quite think of him prancing about as a monkey, she hoped he would have said a vampire because she thought that he would be a good one...all those forbidden ideas...

Blushing Charlotte thought about the question and she smiled when she thought of it:

"My favourite song is Chance by Athlete." pausing she thought of a question and she smiled softly when she asked it "What do you like to do in your spare time?"
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Idle Chatter ( Char and Humphrey ) Empty Depends On My Mood

Post by Humphrey Williams Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:53 am

"Well, it depends on my mood. Some days I want peace and quiet so I will just settle down in a chair with a book that is pretty quiet. Other days I will be kind of stir-crazy and go for a run or visit the Quidditch Pitch to get in some practice. I love Quidditch, and you already knew how much I loved books." he told her. "Also, a lot of the time I have free I will spend writing my novel. Some days I will also spend writing poetry and composing music for a song I am writing. Also I have a notebook I always carry on my person that contains tons of song lyrics that I have written. Whenever inspiration hits me I whip it out and write down the lyrics before I forget my idea. I do a bit of everything in case you couldn't tell." he said.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:21 am

Charlotte smiled softly, it always seemed as if Humphrey got carried away with what he was saying, but she didn't really mind that it was nice that he was able to be so open with her right away, it have a sense of trust that was refreshing.

"Quidditch? Ah yes I remember you telling me about that, it's something I've never really come to enjoy, I doubt I ever will."

When Humphrey said that he wrote a novel and various song lyrics Charlottes interest was piqued, she wondered about these creations of his but didn't know if she should ask about them or not.

"Really? I would like to read some of your works, I myself I can't really write anything creative, so I'll be glad to take a look."

Waiting patiently for Humphrey to ask her a question Charlotte took another sip of butterbeer.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Idle Chatter ( Char and Humphrey ) Empty Sounds Great To Me

Post by Humphrey Williams Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:49 pm

"Sounds great to me, I don't mind you reading my stories and things. I will bring some of my notebooks for you to borrow sometime. I have to warn you, though, I am not a very good author." he said.

"Charlotte, you know what I really like about you? Ever since I have been sitting with you, every guy that has walked in here has stared at you in your gorgeous green dress because you are the prettiest person in here. Yet you don't even notice it. You don't seem to care at all whatever people think of you. You just be yourself. It is probably the thing I admire most about you." Humphrey told her this knowing it would embarrass her. She was modest and totally unaware that every guy with half a brain thought she was great. He was hoping to see that beautiful red hue rise to her cheeks after he told her how every guy in The Three Broomsticks had been staring at her. It made her ten times more beautiful in his opinion, that bright red blush.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:24 pm

Charlotte smiled happily and shook her head, she knew that there would be some excellent stories in the books that Humphrey would give to her, after all, passion made things so much better and if you wrote with passion your feelings give the words meaning.

"I'm sure you're just being modest and that they really are wonderful stories."

When, instead of a question, she was recieved with a barrage of compliments Charlotte flushed again and ducked her gaze from Humphrey's to the table, trying to get her blush under control, anyone would think he was trying to make her blush.

"Well that is the most important thing, isn't it? To be yourself. Even though I can be anyone, look like anything, I choose to look like this because it's how I am, anything else would be a lie."

Biting her lip Charlotte raised her eyes to meet his again and she let a large smile spread across her lips.

"And I'm sure that I'm not the prettiest person in here, you're just trying to make me blush."
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Idle Chatter ( Char and Humphrey ) Empty Prettiest Person In The Room

Post by Humphrey Williams Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:41 pm

"Well, I am trying to make you blush, that I admit to. But you are the prettiest person in here. If you want I can ask one of males in the room what they think. I am confident that they would agree with my opinion that it is you." he said.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Charlotte smiled shyly and shook her head, she did not want to get up and be paraded around in some sort of contest to see if she was pretty or not, that wasn't really her style, and, it would be terribly embarrassing.

"Well, you certainly seem confident in your belief, but it is yours and other peoples alone, my opinion of myself remains the same as it has always done."
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:22 pm

"Still stubborn as ever I see. Well, you can't blame me for trying. So, about tomorrow night. I was planning on going with my friend Keiba, do you mind?" he asked. "I mean, if you do mind, speak up." he said.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:42 pm

"Earth to Charlotte, Charlotte speaking. Yes, why are you ignoring your friend at The Three Broomsticks? Because I am daydreaming. Well wake up please. Over and out." he said trying to get her to laugh. Her laugh sounded so natural and made him feel special. It was high, and light, and beautiful, it suited her well.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:35 am

Charlotte smiled softly at Humphrey she wasn't trying to be difficult, but he had to accept that she really didn't like the way that she was and that needed to be changed slowly and with lots of effort, it wasn't just going to happen overnight.

"You're going with Keiba?" Charlotte smiled now not feeling so bad about already having a date "No no it's fine, Airen already asked me so there's no problem there at all."

Honestly she was excited, it was her first date date and she wondered how it would go, well, she hoped but you could never know when it came to these things.

"Are you excited for it? I am! I hope I look pretty in my dress, you'll think that my dress is pretty won't you? I made it myself."
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:40 am

"Charlotte, I would think you were pretty if your gown was made of dirty rags." he said, laughing. "But I know how artistic you are, so you'll probably be even prettier than you are now if that is even possible. I mean, I highly doubt it, but you seem to always find a way to make yourself prettier somehow. Quite a talent, that." he said, again admiring her dress. Soo beautiful.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down