Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations

Post by Horst Sollmann Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:33 pm

That is right, coming to Hogwarts library are Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations. Professor Slytherin has kindly agreed to participate in reading tarot cards for us in the library. She is an excellent tarot card reader, and tarot cards are more accurate than your average tea leaf.

Also taking place at the same time is The Stories Behind the Constellations. I, the new Hogwarts Librarian will be reading the stories behind the constellations, andromeda, ursa major, pegasus, and many others. So if you like stargazing, or simply a good story you will enjoy this.

Come on down 20 January, 2012 to see just how real of a seer our Professor Slytherin is. Or if that isn't your fancy you can listen to me tell you the stories behind the constellations we know. The books will also be set out in alphabetical order so those who wish to read silently to themselves may do so.

Also will be serving chocolate frog, pumpkin pasties, and a non-alcoholic fruit punch. So come students, come teachers, and bring your curiosity with you. Books are your friends, they instruct you, wring tears out of you, tease a laugh out of your ribcage, and teach you to never be so sure of yourself you wouldn't reconsider your beliefs and morals. Challenge yourself daily with a question for your brain to think on.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty Re: Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:41 am

Sofia had taken most of the time today to prepare for the evenings events. She had taking the time and popped over to her home to retrieve a bring new deck of cards still in the wrapper. She did not want anyone thinking she was trying to trick them by using a deck that was already worn.

It took a special type of person to believe in what the future holds. She was not here to convince anyone of whether or not what she did was real she was just here to get them to listen, and show them that it can be interesting.

Sofia had also spent sometime this afternoon making her pumpkin pasties. It was the one things she was good at making.

Sofia sat down at the table that Horst had set up and waited to see if any students showed up for the lesson.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty So, Divination

Post by Humphrey Williams Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Humphrey Williams walked into the library fo the event taking place to night. He was coming for the tarot card reading, he had many questions about how it worked and on Divination in general. Looking around, he saw her at a tabe with a deck of cards still in the wrapper. The first student to arrive, he decided he would ask her to explain to him how tarot card reading worked. And then to read his fortune with them. "So, Professor Slytherin, how does tarot card reading work? After you explain the concept to me I was also wondering if you could read my fortune with them. If not that is okay, but it would be really nice of you if you did." he said. What was the danger? he thought to himself. It is just an average deck of cards.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty Welcome One and All

Post by Horst Sollmann Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Sofia Slytherin was the first to arrive, bringing a large tray filled with pumpkin pasties. She set it on the table that had the chocolate frogs on the left side with enough space for another tray. The homemade fruit punch had turnedd out surprisingly well, and was at a table on the opposite side of the library directly across from the table containing the pasties and chocolate frogs. There was a lade in the punch, and paper cups next to it with a quill and ink so students or professors could mark their cups. The fruit punch tasted faintly of mulberries, and strongly of black and red raspberries with just the slightest hint of blueberry and strawberry flavors.

"Hello again, Sofia. We seem to be unable to avoid each other these days." he said jokingly. "I believe you will do an excellent job with the tarot card readings, Professor Slytherin. My confidence in you is absolute." he stated and raised his right hand to his eyebrow in a saute.

Horst Sollmann smiled widely as he saw the first student enter the library. It was Humphrey Williams, the Gryffindor that had requested A Midsummer Night's Dream and The Illiad. He had picked them up in a timely manner. Yes, Horst was beginning to like that young Gryffindor. He saw a lot of his own qualities reflected in Humphrey.

"Welcome, Humphrey Williams. If you wish to partake of the refreshments they are on either side of the library. And if you wish to learn about tarot cards and how to read them go sit down with Professor Slytherin. However, if you came here to learn about The Stories Behind the Constellations, you may follow me to the back of the library where I have set out the books in alphabetical order. Grab a book, grab a seat, or grab a pumpkin pastie. Whatever suits your fancy, Humphrey. I also noticed that you retrieved both of your books from my office. How are you enjoying them?" he asked.

Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty Enjoying Them Very Much

Post by Humphrey Williams Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:14 pm

"I am enjoying them very much, thank you, sir. In fact I am memorizing Puck's part in A Midsummer Night's Dream. Very difficult and tricky lines. But I have already memorized his final monologue. I practiced it in the Roman Ampitheatre so I could hear myself and improve my intonation and diction. But, after I recited the part for the first time I heard applause from high up in the ampitheatre's stands. My friend Charlotte and fellow Gryffindor Airen had been talking up there and I had not noticed them. They broke into applause after I ended the monoogue, and I think that it was the most embarrassing moment of my entire life. You see, Charlotte Smith is...well, smart, talented, funny, and extremely pretty. I think...I think that I have feelings for her Mr. Sollmann. Do you have any advice you would give to a boy who has never dated anybody, and who has never even been able to talk to girls without breaking into a nervous sweat?" he asked hopefully. He had heard that Librarian Sollmann was married. So, he thought he should have some knowledge of the opposite sex, right?
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty Yes I Do Humphrey

Post by Horst Sollmann Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Horst Sollmann listened intently while Humphrey Williams explained to him how he was memorizing the part of Puck from A Midsummer Night's Dream. Brilliantly written character, but a very tricky part to play. He wondered if he could convince the Headmistress to allow him to put on a school play. Then he refocused on Humphrey's story. He explained how he went to the ampitheatre to practice the final monologue of the play, so he could improve his intonation and diction. Brilliant idea, that. The Librarian wished he had thought of that when he was Humphrey's age; it was quite truly ingenious. When he told how at the end of his monologue he heard applause in the ampitheatre, he was competely and utterly stunned. How, was it the boy's imagination? No, Humphrey explained how Charlotte Smith (whom he fancied), and Airen Auditoren who was a fellow first year Gryffindor had been talking high up in the ampitheatre. He said how embarrassed he was and asked if he had any advice for him.

Here was his chance, a young boy similar to himself at that age who needed help with a girl. This was what he came to Hogwarts, to help the students. He remembered the old saying, "Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it." How true that statement was. When he was a student he had never lacked for help from teachers and peers. "Yes I do Humphrey. I am happy to say that I can help you with this. You see, when I was a student at Hogwarts I had a simiar experience to yours. While I was dressing in the Quidditch Locker Room the gir I fancied came in while I had my trousers down. I was in the process of pulling them up. She simply shrugged it off, and said she had seen a boy with his pants down before. Do you know who that student is now? I don't expect you do. Well, Humphrey, she is my wife. That embarrassing moment did not harm our friendship in the slightest, and is an excellent story. To this very day I still tell it when the occasion arises. My advice is this, buck up boyo. Be confident in yourself, if this student Charlotte Smith does not like you for who you truly are then she will be put off by that embarrassing moment. But, if she still is talking to you after, I would wager my copy of The Odyssey, which is my favorite novel mind you, that she fancies you Humphrey." he told the story and concluded with his bit of advice.

Humphrey Williams was definitely a younger version of himself in very many ways. He would enjoy teaching him everything he could. Horst was beginning to feel like Humphrey was becoming somewhat like a son to him. His prediction that the people of Hogwarts would feel like family was coming true.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty Thank You, Sir

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:38 am

"Thank you, sir. I don't feel quite so embarrassed about what happened to me now. I will attempt to put your advice to good use." Humphrey said.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty That Is All That Can Be Expected

Post by Horst Sollmann Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:28 pm

"That is all that can be expected, if you ask for advice you should do your best to put it to good use. Good luck with the girl." he said warmly.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty Re: Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations

Post by Parker Emery Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:28 pm

After the other day in the library studying, hearing the librarian mention some sort of special event, Parker decided to check it out. He was especially excited for the Tarot card readings by Prof. Slytherin, his soon to be teacher as he'd recently signed up for her classes. He was also very curious about her name when his friends in her class had brought it up.

He walked into the library, looking around only seeing a Gryffindor boy in there so far besides the librarian and Prof. Slytherin. He walked by the books that were set out, glancing over the covers as he walked past, smiling politely to the two talking. He went to the snacks nearby Prof. Slytherin, taking a bit of a pastie as he eyed the cards curiously.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty Introductions

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:48 pm

"Hello, my name is Humphrey Williams. I am a first year Gryffindor and am a muggleborn wizard. What is your name and house?" he said.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Leshia had been very busy working on homework that she almost forgot to attend the event in the library.

Leshia was not really interested in Divination, but she decided that it would be the best to listen to Professor Sofia talk about her Tarot readings.

So Leshia went over to the refreshment table and grabbed herself a plate and found a seat. When she went to have a seat she saw Parker sitting there, and another Gryffindor boy she didn't know.

"Hay Parker whats up, who's your new friend?" Leshia grabbed her chair.

Back to top Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty The Name Is Humphrey Williams, and I Can Speak For Myself You Know

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:29 pm

"The name is Humphrey Williams, and I can speak for myself you know. I am a first year muggleborn wizard in Gryffindor House. And I absolutely love Quidditch and Transfiguration. It is nice to meet you. Your name and house are???" he asked with a slight raise of his left eyebrow. It bugged him when people met somebody, but asked their friend to introduce them. The stranger is a person, too. And Humphrey had always thought that it was odd that they didn't ask the stranger directly who they were.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:54 pm

((OOC: Sorry I have not responded. I have a 7000 word essay due and 10 point PowerPoint due by Monday))

Sofia had been waiting for more than one student to show up. She did not want to be repeating herself as she talked. Now she noticed that there was 3 students so she thought she would began.

"Hello everyone and welcome to Divination tonight I will do a little into to the tarot cards. The deck I have brought with me is one of my favorite decks. This is what is called the Celestial." Sofia took a moment to look around and the three students.

"Celestial Tarot interweaves mythic images, symbolism and astronomy of the planets, astrological signs, constellations, and stars with astrological divination's." Sofia smiled as she said these words because this is way she loves this deck. It blends both of her true loves. Divination and Astrology.

"The pretty, non-traditional images directly associate astrology, the planets, and the constellations with the 78 Tarot cards. Twenty-two majors are zodiacal constellations and ten planets (Pluto is counted as a planet) of astrology. Each minor suit is associated with an astrological element of fire, earth, air and water. The system includes Golden Dawn decanates, astrology, astronomy, myth and symbolism."

Sofia was looking around to see if anyone showed any interest in the subject. She remembered Humphrey asking for a reading so she thought she would ask.

"Mr Williams you asked for a reading, well first in order for a reading I have to have a question, what are you searching for." Sofia smiled at Mr. Williams waiting for an answer.

Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty Just A Friend

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:59 pm

Humphrey considered the question for a lengthy minute. He knew what he was searching for. "Just a friend, Professor Slytherin. Somebody I can trust wholeheartedly and without reservation." he said confidently once he thought of what he was indeed searching for here at Hogwarts.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Leshia had asked Parker who his friend was and then the kid answered "The name is Humphrey Williams, and I can speak for myself you know. I am a first year muggleborn wizard in Gryffindor House."

Some people she thought, he didn't have to get so offended. "My name is Leshia and I am in Ravenclaw, as you can tell by my blue tie." Leshia could not help but roll her eyes towards Parker. There was just something about this new guy that could almost be annoying.

Leshia was sure that he was going to say something to her but then Professor Slytherin started talking about her tarot cards. Listening to her explanation of the cards Leshia found them very interesting. Then she asked Humphrey what his question was and he said that he just wanted to find a friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Tabi was really hoping she could get out of coming to this event at the library, but she knew that if she didn't she would have to suffer through detention with the librarian and that was something she didn't want to do. There was something about the librarian that gave her the creeps.

She practically ran to the library she was hoping that she was not going to be late to the event, she didn't want another lecture.

Entering the library she discovered that she was already late and that the study session had already began so she quickly took a seat.

She noticed that her sister was already there and her house mate, Parker. She listened to what the professor was saying. She hoped she really didn't have to participate. All the old librarian told her she had to do was attend and that was all she was planning on doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Sofia looked at Mr. Williams while she pulled out the velvet cover that was for the table for the cards to lay on. Next she pulled the wrappings off of her cards and began to shuffle them. This was a brand new deck so she needed to shuffle for awhile.

As she shuffled she asked Mr. Williams a few questions.

"Well Mr. Williams that request can have lots of open ended answers. I can always tell you friends are all around you." She waves her hand around the room. "It is just up to you to make them."

"Trust is something that is earned, I can tell you all you have to do is have faith in your friend and the trust will come." Sofia smiled at him and still shuffled the cards.

"My question to you is can you ask a question that has meaning to you, not just a statement. Just a friend, somebody I can trust wholeheartedly and without reservation. is not a question it is more of a statement." Sofia gave him a questionable look.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty My dead parents, are they watching me?

Post by Humphrey Williams Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:05 am

He considered it and though of a better question. He steeled his nerves and asked her, "My dead parents, are they watching me?" It was a very close personal question that he had always wondered about. He suspected that the answer would be yes.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:58 am

Sofia smiled at the boy, he was asking such simple questions. Questions that didn't need to be answered by the reading of the cards. How could Sofia get him to ask the right questions without giving them away too him.

"My dear Mr. Williams that kind of question does not need to be answered by reading the cards. Of course the spirits of our family members on the other side are always watching and guiding us." Sofia continued to shuffle the cards. She could only cease to shuffle when the proper question was asked.

"Think deeper Mr. Williams a true desire, what you want to know about your future. You need to be specific."

She could tell Mr. Williams was going to start questioning her to the fact that she probably couldn't read the cards, but she was really waiting for him to ask the proper question.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:06 am

Tabi did not think she would truly enjoy this little get together but it was interesting watching Mr. Williams ask these question, just to be told to ask another question.

Even Tabi could answer the questions he was asking. Anyone that was taught anything from their parents knew that the spirits are always watching you.

Tabi took this opportunity to use the new gift that she had discovered to talk to Leshia.

"Oh Leshia..Leshia..are you there" Asked Tabi

"Hay Leshia I am sure you could think of better questions to ask the cards" Tabi smiled when she caught Leshia looking back at her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:26 am

Leshia could not believe this Humphrey guy. How smart do you have to be to ask a card reader a question. Leshia was thinking about the questions she would ask if it ever got to be her turn when all of a sudden she heard.

"Oh Leshia..Leshia..are you there, Hay Leshia I am sure you could think of better questions to ask the cards "

Leshia had looked back and gave her sister a glare.

"Just because we can do this does not mean I want too, now get out of my head." Leshia spat in her head.

Leshia turned back to listen to Professor Slytherin and was wondering if Humphrey was going to ask a better question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:02 am

When Humphrey introduced himself, Parker looked over at him and gave a polite smile, "Name's Parker Emery, Slytherin." He admired how the boy was so upfront about his blood status and wished he could be the same.

Then Leshia walked up and her and the Gryffindor exchanged a few words. When she rolled her eyes at him he smiled a bit and opened his mouth to speak, but Prof. Slytherin then started talking about the Tarot cards. He listened raptly, very interested, though nearly completely lost on what she was talking about. He listened to what Prof. Slytherin had asked and what Humphrey had replied with, thinking of what questions he had about his future.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty Fine! I'll Ask One I'm Afraid To Ask

Post by Humphrey Williams Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:03 pm

He knew the question he should have asked in the first place. He cleared his throat and spat it out, "Fine! I'll ask one I've been afraid to ask because I fear what the future might hold. I want to know if myself and Charlotte Smith have a romantic future together. And what I need to do to win her heart." he hated himself for asking this in front of a professor, and three other students. It was embarrassing announcing that he wanted to know if he had a romantic future with Charlotte. He wanted to know how to win her heart, but although logic told him the tarot reading wouldn't necessarily come true. The confidence in Professor Slytherin's voice when she talked about divining the future path of somebody from those cards scared him. Even if it wasn't real, she certainly believed it to be. And if it was real, well...he was scared of what she would tell him.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:57 pm

Sofia could not believe that this child practically spat his question at her.

"Now Mr. Williams that is a excellent question" Sofia stopped shuffling the cards. "Wanting to know if you have a future with someone is a very important question." Sofia smiled at him.

"That question the cards will be able to tell you what the chances are, but how to win her heart is not a matter for the cards, how to do that is all up to you. All the cards can do is tell you whether or not the possibility is there."

Sofia had taken the cards that she had shuffled and placed them neatly in a pile on the velvet cover. "While Mr. Williams I need you to do me two things: First of all you have to relax before I ask you to do something. Your feeling towards the question has got you all worked up and before you can cut the deck you mind has got to be clear."

Sofia looked at Mr. Williams she wondered if he could do that with the extent of frustration he had in the question he asked. "Once you have cleared your mind and settled your nerves I need you to cut the deck in half. But please make sure you are calm before you do it.
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Special Event July 20, 2012. Location: Library, Fourth floor of Hogwarts Castle. Tarot Card Readings and The Stories Behind the Constellations Empty Twist of Fate

Post by Humphrey Williams Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:12 pm

Humphrey listened as Professor Slytherin explained that she would be able to determine whether there was a possibility of a future with Charlotte, and that it could determine whether there was a possibility of a relationship. Loads of help, that. He knew that much without the help of Divination. Then Professor Slytherin told him to relax, and once he was calm, cut the deck in half. He remembered a book on Yoga he had read. Deep breathing was the most efficient way to regain calm and composure. Slowly, he sucked in a deep breathe, and then at the same speed released his breath. He repeated the inhalation and exhalation twenty times. Finally his racing heart had slowed down to its normal speed and his mind was now calm. He could think with his usual clarity again.

He looked at the deck and then placed his hand over it. Remembering the Divination Professor's advice he did not think about what would happen; he simply placed his hand over the deck and left it there hovering above it for three seconds. Then, almost as if an unseen force was guiding his hand, he reached out and felt his hand cut the deck despite the fact he had not thought about cutting it at that moment. It was a very eerie and disturbing experience seeing his hand move without his consent. "There, I did everything you asked me to do Professor. What do the cards say my future with Charlotte's possibilities are?" he asked her.

For the first time in his life, Humphrey Williams believed in this kind of fortunetelling, Divination as wizards and witches called it. He knew that it was indeed real, and Professor Slytherin possessed the gift of it. Hoping for good news, he tried to keep his emotions in check. He waited as Professor Slytherin proceeded in the reading of his fortune.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next