Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contemplations (Kiera and Adrian)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Contemplations (Kiera and Adrian) Empty Contemplations (Kiera and Adrian)

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:12 am

Kiera breathed deeply in the night air. The arena was quiet, deserted. Absolutely perfect. What she really needed just now, was some silence, some peace, to reflect over the new decisions she had made. And to practice with her sword of course.

Kiera drew out Krusa from its sheath, and swung it through the air, closing her eyes. Then she settled down into the moves of a routine so similar to her that she could do it in her sleep.

Teacher. Hogwarts. Occlumency. Was it the right choice? Definitely yes, if she wanted to get some control over her blood-lust. Definitely no if she wanted to actually do a bit of good for the students. Merlin, but she pitied any student who signed up for her class. They didn't know what was going to hit them.
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Contemplations (Kiera and Adrian) Empty Re: Contemplations (Kiera and Adrian)

Post by Adrian Castella Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Adrian wanted a place to enjoy the peace and quiet, so he decided to make a visit to the old Roman Ampitheatre. He'd been busy working on a case for the past couple months, and managed to bring in the criminal. Now, he was ready for a night to sit back and relax. For some reason this place had popped into his head.

Walking into the place, he started heading up the steps. To his surprise, somebody else was there. There was the soft sound of feet on stone, and he recognized the person they belonged to. It was Kiera of all people, the woman she'd met in the bar what was it, a year or so ago.

"Hello Kiera, I didn't expect to run into you again." he said, not letting his surprise creep into his tone. She was practicing with a sword, her skill evident in the movements.
Adrian Castella
Adrian Castella
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Kiera heard a voice call out to her, as if in a dream. Shaking out of her trance, she swung around, her blade resting loosely in her right hand, pointed towards the ground. Then she cast her gaze on the man in front of her. Familiar, so familiar.........was it......

"Adrian." Kiera had only met him once, a long time ago, but somehow, the meeting had left an impact. He was a stranger, or barely an acquaintance, but still his name rose so easily to her lips that it felt like she had been meeting him everyday. "I see you still remember me."

Kiera turned, and fell back into her steps of her routine. But her lips still moved, effortlessly continuing the conversation, "Still with the Aurors? Or have you decided to join something else, seeing that the war is over?"
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:10 pm

Adrian noticed that Kiera had been off in her own world, and he smiled a bit when she shook her head to come back to reality. He looked back at her, waiting to see if she would recognize him. For some reason he felt himself hoping that she would.

When she spoke his name he nodded, glad she hadn't forgot. She had left quite an impression on him. Kiera was unique, and he'd found himself thinking about her from time to time. "You left an impression on me." Adrian told her honestly.

The sword movements seemed as natural as breathing to her. There was a fluidity to each step that was beautiful. "Still with the Aurors, I'm afraid. Though what the world really needs right now is Healers." he admitted. "Been up to your mischief as usual?"
Adrian Castella
Adrian Castella
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:36 pm

When Adrian told her that she had left an impression on him, Kiera, in a weird, twisted way, sort of liked it. Not that she was actually going to tell him that. "Impression? Not a bad one I hope. But knowing Aurors for the principled, self-righteous creatures as they are, it probably was a negative impression."

The normal course of the conversation now would have been to tell Adrian that he had left an impression on her too. Somehow, Kiera found herself unwilling to say it, or admit it, even to herself. Why? Even she didn't know.

So after a slight pause in the conversation which hopefully Adrian wouldn't notice, Kiera continued, "That depends upon what you define as mischief. I have toned down on illegal trade of weapons yes, if that gives you any satisfaction. The adventures however, are still the same as ever. " Out of the corner of her eye, Kiera saw Adrian watching her fence with unusual concentration. She tried to let that fact roll over, but found it linger at the back of her mind, as she unconciously straightened and put a bit more of power and grace to her movements.
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Adrian was very curious what was going on in that head, even more so because he was pretty sure she wasn't the open book type. From what he had gathered, she was a bit of a loner. "A bit of both, you did try and convince me to break into the department of mysteries. I've learned to take the bad with the good though." he told her with a wink.

He noticed a slight pause in the conversation and ignored it. There was definitely something that she was thinking about. Watching her, he realized that his staring might be making her a bit uncomfortable. "Sorry I'm staring, watching you move with that sword...well it's kind of beautiful in a way." he said quietly.

That made him laugh, she had a point. People did have different ideas about what was mischievous. "Good to hear Kiera. I still have to say I'm jealous of these adventures of yours. Sure, I get a few being an auror, but nothing about like what you told me last time." Adrian answered, smirking.
Adrian Castella
Adrian Castella
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Kiera's lips quirked up with that reply, she had almost forgotten about the whole department of mysteries thing, "Its a good thing you've learned to take the bad with the good. Never does anyone any good to be judgemental. Although in my case, its probably more bad than good." The last part was said with a self-deprecating smirk.

Then came the compliment. Kiera had to keep herself from blinking in surprise. When she was holding her sword in her hand, people called her deadly, dangerous. Beautiful was......a new word. It came as something of a surprise really, because Kiera had never considered a fighting machine like her, to be something that could be called beautiful. "I...thank you, I suppose. I'm not used to hearing compliments."

Then Kiera turned to look straight at Adrian, eyes gleaming, "If you really are that jealous of my adventures, then why don't you join me in one?" She took a step forward, eyes sparkling in challenge, "You backed out last time. Do you think you have the courage to leap in now?"
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Adrian remembered the next morning when he woke up with a hangover. When he remembered that he'd almost been talked to in it he had been mad at himself. He was generally a logical person, but he had been a bit irrational that night. "I have to agree with you there, those guys get on my nerves. There's quite a few of them in the Auror Department to bug me." he said with a sigh. Her remark surprised him, and he shook his head. "Don't say that."

Compliments weren't something he gave away freely. Seeing how graceful and natural she was with her sword deserved one, though. Fighting had its own beauty, not everybody could see it. It was obvious that what he said surprised Kiera, which made him smile. "I've never seen anybody so natural with a sword, you deserved one. There's a beauty in dangerous things that so many people fail to see." he explained.

Staring right back at her, he grinned wickedly. "That look in your eyes suits you." he told her. Most people would have stepped back from her, but not him. "As a matter of fact I would love to. What adventure did you have in mind?"
Adrian Castella
Adrian Castella
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Adrian's sudden reprimand surprised Kiera, again. People tended to agree with her when she said that there was more bad in her than good. Adrian proved to be an exception to that, again. She really should stop getting so surprised by it.

"Beauty in danger, quite an oxymoron, don't you think." It was a very rhetorical statement. No guy had given her so many compliments in one conversation, they usually deserted the place long before it even progressed to ten minutes. "You're an Auror, isn't it your job to destroy dangerous things, rather than praise them?"

Oh hell. This was NOT supposed to happen. Adrian Castella was supposed to get the message, and back away, not take a step forward and shoot that fatally wicked smirk at her. Now that she thought about it, it suited him too. The situation was getting intense, but Kiera refused to break eye contact out of sheer stubbornness. She would NOT be the first person to step back, "Well you know the works. Highly dangerous, extremely illegal......" Her gaze was as direct and intense as it could get. She was raising the stakes impossibly high now, and she was determined to win in whatever game she and Adrian had started unconciously, "Are you sure you're up for it?" The message was quite clear, and hung in the tense atmosphere between them: Lets see who snaps first.
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:29 pm

Adrian barely knew Kiera, but he didn't want to see her putting herself down. She may be mixed up in some illegal things; however, he had a feeling that there was good in her. He really hoped that he wasn't completely wrong. Normally his instincts had served him well, he trusted them.

All he did was smile, knowing she knew exactly what he was talking about. "Perhaps a bit of one. Don't pretend you don't understand the sentiment though." Kiera didn't seem used to talking to people for more than a couple minutes. It wasn't surprising, she did try to drive him away the first time he'd tried it. "I can admire something and still bring myself to destroy it." he answered simply.

Trying to bite back a laugh, he just kept grinning. She really didn't learn much from their first encounter, did she? Then she had tried to scare him off and it didn't work, why would it now? Holding her gaze evenly, Adrian considered the offer. Was it worth the danger of getting caught and possibly losing his job if they did? Yes, he thought to himself, it was. "Naturally, naturally..." he expected nothing less from her. Looking at her with a bemused expression, he answered, "I believe I am, Mesdemoiselles Auvergne."
Adrian Castella
Adrian Castella
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:52 pm

"Admire something, and then destroy it? Then that makes you a sadist Monsieur Castella." The smile playing around Kiera's lips was slightly mocking. "I do hope you don't have the same views about me, since you professed to admire my skill moments ago."

He was not backing off. He was not backing off. Why the hell wasn't he backing off? Kiera was frustrated, and excited, at the same time. Adrenaline was racing through her veins, energy was thrumming through her. She had never felt this......liberated, while talking to anybody. She wanted him to take a step back, yes, but something inside her admitted the fact that she would be disappointed if he did so. What was the fun of having a fight, if one didn't have a good enough opponent who could stand his ground?

It was like a delicate dance, what they were doing now. Someone took a step forward, someone took a step back, all the while smirking, and challenging, and always careful not to step too far, but standing their ground. He was ready to risk his job over this? Fine then, she would kindly oblige. "Very well Monsieur Castella.......I was thinking of fulfilling the deal we had last time....about the Department of Mysteries. I hear they conduct quite interesting experiments......and construct experimental weapons." Then taking a step forward, Kiera spoke in a dangerously low whisper, "It would create quite an uproar if one of them were to go missing, wouldn't you agree?"
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Adrian shook his head, insulted by what she was implying. "That's not what I meant. All I was saying was that I can force myself to, I don't enjoy destroying things I like. For example, I've admired some of the criminals I brought to justice. Not their actions, but their wit in evading capture and accomplishing plans." he explained to her. "Wouldn't dream of it Kiera." he reassured.

Now this was fun, he was enjoying himself more than he had in years. This reminded him a little bit of when he was a kid. Back then he'd gotten in some scrapes because he refused to back down. He had to admit that he still hated losing, and he wouldn't make it easy for Kiera to beat him. The look of frustration was quite rewarding, she'd done it to him the last time around. Whatever this was between them, he'd never felt anything like it before.

Talking with her made him push himself to plan his next move, it was a bit like a chess game. If she asked him he couldn't really say why he was willing to risk so much for this. Deep down he knew that he wanted to experience adventure with her. "I've heard the same thing Kiera..." he agreed, thinking of some sketchy rumors he'd come across. The Ministry did a pretty good job of concealing Department of Mysteries info, but they weren't foolproof. "It most certainly would. What do you want one for though?" he whispered back. He couldn't do this if it would wind up with the deaths of people, she was a weapons dealer first and foremost.

Adrian Castella
Adrian Castella
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:53 pm

"I understand." Kiera surprised herself by her reply, it was true, she did understand. After all, hadn't she herself done the same thing countless times before? Admired fortresses, tombs......then ruthlessly razed their defenses to the ground, making away with all the ancient weapons. Analyzed opponents, their strengths......and then defeated them. "The beauty of a combat lies in appreciating your opponent, and then beating them."

Which is exactly what I intend to do right now.

But that was proving to be rather difficult, especially with Adrian behaving so recklessly, so unlike what she had estimated him to be. Why on earth was he doing this? He was an Auror, that meant that he probably appreciated honesty and principles. Then why was he disregarding those principles? Simply to beat her in this game they were playing? Something didn't tie up.........but at least Adrian still showed a hint of hesitation when she spoke of stealing the weapon. That meant that he probably didn't care about the law, but still cared about people. And somehow, Kiera couldn't bring herself to exploit that. She spoke honestly, "I don't mean to wreak havoc with this weapon, or kill lots of people. I wish to study it, duplicate its qualities...........I don't intend to put it on sale, or let it get into the wrong hands." Then Kiera let a spark enter her eyes, after all, there was a limit to her short-lived, temporary conscience, "After all, the only one who should use a dangerous weapon like this is me. And those who get on my nerves would be the perfect test subjects."
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:41 am

Adrian nodded, knowing that she was one person who probably did. Not everyone could understand what he meant when he said something like that. Pitting yourself against something or something that was challenging was a wonderful feeling, even if you wind up coming short. Defeating it feels fantastic. "So true. Though even if I lose I can find a little joy, if I've acquitted myself admirably." he said, casting another light on the subject.

He could see that what was going on between them was a battle in its own way, and he smiled at the light in her eyes. In himself he could feel a bit of the joy of competition as well. Adrian knew that he was a bit careless with the rules sometimes, it was one reason why not everybody in the Auror office disliked him. But results were what kept him there, because he usually got them. Generally, he winded up doing the right thing too. "Even if you don't intend to do those things that doesn't mean it won't end up happening. I have no doubts you are a deadly opponent, but if people find out that you had one..." he said, letting her think about it for herself. "Anybody would be hard-pressed to keep it from falling into the wrong hands." Then he saw a dangerous light come to life in her eyes. "But...I think I'm going to join you. I have a feeling you're going to do it with or without me, and I'd like to keep an eye on you."

Adrian hated the fact that he was so drawn, and connected in a way with Kiera. What did they say about himself? She was the first person since Felicity died he'd really felt something for. "I know this is a bit off the subject..." he said out of the blue. "But I'm still going to say it. For some strange reason, I want to go on a date with you. Your thoughts?" The look on her face was going to be priceless, he couldn't wait to see her reaction.
Adrian Castella
Adrian Castella
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:15 am

Kiera tried her best to hold the smile from her lips, but it was proving to be a difficult task. Characteristic really, for Adrian to feel satisfaction even if he didn't win. Even though this went against all of Kiera's instincts, she had to admit that this was an admirable quality. "That's good. Winning is often the only option for me. I can't rest in peace after a loss. Even after I lose, I somehow have to hunt the person down, try again, and again, and not stop until I've won."

Then Kiera let the familiar smirk grace her lips. "Trust me on this. When I intend to do something, it happens. And when I don't intend to do it, it will not happen even if I have to wage my life on it." Adrian did have a point about people knowing though. Well, a way could easily be found around that. "I can disguise the weapon, cloak it. Have done it quite a number of times." It was quite fun really, to steal a weapon, cloak it, and use it against the very person she had stolen it from. Poetic irony, or something along those lines. "Besides, I mostly want to keep it as a collector's item. My sword is quite enough for me." Then the smirk broadened. "And you're right. I am going with or without you. Smart of you to want to keep an eye."

Then the world stopped spinning on its axis, just for a second. Kiera worked furiously hard to stop the look of blatant shock from appearing on her face, but it was no use. She stared at Adrian, mind working at overtime, trying to comprehend his words. Date......that meant.........Adrian had romantic intentions towards her? Oh bloody hell..........

Kiera kept her voice as nonchalant as possible, but she couldn't quite keep it from shaking at the end, "Date? With me? Oh, good joke, Monsieur Castella. If this is your idea of trying to get the upper hand, then I'm afraid it won't quite work." But it had. Oh, it had. With that one simple question, the battle had turned. The scales were most definitely tilted in Adrian's favour. Damn.
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:55 am

Adrian noticed her having to struggle a bit to keep a neutral expression. Most people wouldn't have noticed it, but he had been taught a lot about facial expressions. Aurors were asked to interrogate on occasion, so they'd studied that. It had come in handy quite often over the years. "Oh I hate to lose too, especially if it's because I screwed up. Nobody wins all the time though, and I've learned to accept it." he told her. What she said didn't surprise him. "I can definitely picture you hunting somebody down like that." he confessed with a wry smile.

He expected her answer, she had complete confidence in herself. Kiera was a warrior, they followed through. "I don't doubt it Kiera, I already thought you were one who usually managed to get her way." She was dangerous, and intelligent as well. "That's not a bad plan I suppose, sounds like you could have fun with that." he mused, thinking of the possibilities. Having it disguised allowed you to do a myriad of things with it. "One of those weapons would be a good keepsake, definitely a more difficult item to acquire. Understandable, you seem to be quite proficient with it. Plus I would wager it is not just an ordinary sword." he replied. If he had to guess it had some very unique properties about it. "I get a smart idea every once in a while."

Adrian wasn't disappointed, and he enjoyed the look of complete surprise immensely. Looking right back at her as she stared, he tried to let her know it wasn't a joke. Ever since he'd seen her for the first time he'd been attracted to her. He didn't really think she felt the same, but he wanted to try. If he'd never asked he would be kicking himself for years. Over the years he'd found he regretted the things he didn't do much more than what he did.

Sighing deeply, Adrian deftly hid his disappointment behind a blank mask. I guess I shouldn't be surprised., he thought to himself. "As a matter of fact it wasn't a joke. I wish it would have just been a maneuver to gain leverage, but the truth is it wasn't. From the moment I met you in the bar I've been attracted to you." he explained, making sure to force his voice to stay even. Kiera's had been a bit shaky, he didn't want his to. She would see it as something weak most likely.
Adrian Castella
Adrian Castella
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:40 pm

Kiera smiled slowly, running her fingers lovingly over the blade of her sword, "You would definitely win that wager. Special is too small a word to be used for this blade. Krusa freezes your body, numbs the person in contact with it, sucks out energy and uses it to become stronger." The magic incorporated in the blade was definitely Dark, but somehow, Kiera didn't think twice while explaining it to Adrian. She had a strange feeling that he could be trusted.

Till now, Kiera had somehow been managing to hang on to her control by the tips of her fingers. In the past few minutes, she acknowledged Adrian to be an excellent opponent- he used her aversion for romance as an effective technique to gain an upper hand on her after all, or so she had presumed. But no matter how well Adrian hid his emotions, she really had to admire that impassive mask on his face right now, he couldn't quite cloak his emotions in his eyes. Those eyes had many emotions swirling in them: resignation, disappointment. And that was when Kiera couldn't find the strength in herself to meet his eyes any longer. Especially when he started talking.

He liked her ever since the day at the bar? But.....but.......Kiera wanted to disbelieve it so desperately. In fact, she did. But it was difficult not to believe Adrian when he spoke so quietly, so seriously like that. But......Kiera couldn't quite comprehend why on earth he would like someone like her. Kiera was a very proud woman, but she didn't delude herself, she knew better than anyone that liking, love, admiration, in fact positive emotions of any kind, was not meant for a person like her. Hell, her own blood-mother, the one who gave birth to her, didn't like her, didn't want her, then how on earth could Adrian be any different?

"I....look, I don't know where you're meaning to go with this. You, you don't know me, you don't know what I can be like." Going against all her competitive instincts, Kiera stepped back, averting her eyes. Adrian hadn't seen her in one of her 'moods', hadn't seen her when she was drenched head to toe in another's blood and laughing recklessly. "Trust me, you don't like me. You can't."
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:26 am

Adrian could see how much she loved that weapon, from what he knew about her it could be the thing she cared about the most. Granted he didn't know her very well yet though. Listening to her describe the sword's qualities made him realize just how rare that weapon was. "Krusa's one hell of a sword. I wonder who cast the Dark Magic to make it like that..." he said, whoever it was must have been powerful. He had done a bit of time using a sword, not much though.

When he saw her look away from him he felt a pang in his chest. She really wished it had been some ploy to gain an advantage. This, well she had no idea what to do with this. He saw that much in her eyes before she looked away. Why did I have to like her? She's nothing like who I expected to fall for? After his girlfriend Felicity's death all those years ago, he had expected that if he started a relationship again it would be with somebody who had all those wonderful traits like she had. Kiera didn't seem to have a single thing in common with Felicity, if anything they were opposites.

Adrian noticed a crease in her forehead, she was thinking hard about what he'd just said. The whole concept of her liking him seemed to be completely foreign to her. He really shouldn't have been surprised, he already knew that her love was her job. What she liked was danger, adventure, battle, weapons, she'd probably fought for weapons all over the world. If he had to hazard a guess he'd say her family didn't approve of all the violence. If he was right, that would explain some of why the idea was so different to her.

That made him laugh a little bit, that was the point of a date. "I'm meaning to get to know you, Kiera. People ask each other on dates to learn more about them." he said, stating the obvious. Now she had stepped back from him, still refusing to meet his eyes. "You're wrong Kiera, dead wrong. Isn't that why you looked away from me? Because you saw that I was telling the truth?" he asked.
Adrian Castella
Adrian Castella
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:14 am

Kiera felt like running her hands through her hair in frustration, but restrained herself just in time. It wouldn't do to seem out of her depth, even though that was exactly what she was feeling right now. Lessons from teachers all over the world resonated in her head: [/i]Watch your body language at all times......it may give your opponent cues......never, ever let yourself appear weak.....bluff if you must, but stay strong........ They had all perfectly instructed her on how to behave, how to react, prepared herself for the world's greatest battles.......but they never told her anything about this!!! This may not involve blows and attacks, but it sure felt like a bloody battle to her!!! One which she wasn't doing well in.

Merlin, why wasn't Adrian [i]getting it?
"Of course, I know that dates are meant to get to know people, I'm not a dunce." Kiera snapped, wishing that Adrian would just back off. "The whole point is that this date.....thing, is pointless, because then you'd get to know me, and then you wouldn't like me anymore. So what's the point on going at all?" Hell, was she rambling? Yes, she was.

Damn you, Adrian Castella. Damn you to hell.

Breathe. Kiera focused, remembering her Occlumency training, calming and clearing her mind. When she spoke next, her voice was sufficiently cold and composed, "Fine, I don't pretend to know what's in your mind. You just might be foolish and suicidal enough to like me. But this date...thing, is dragging it too far. What do you expect to do with me as a date anyway? Dinners in fancy restaurants? Roses? I'm not that kind of person, and if you actually do claim to like me, then you should be well aware of that fact."
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:39 am

Adrian noted her hands to start to reach up to her head and then go back down. Kiera was obviously irritated and uncomfortable with this. It didn't take a rocket scientist to tell that much. She was thinking now, trying to become more composed, regain the usual edge she had. This was not a battle, that's why she was struggling with it. He wasn't doing this to hurt her, to gain an advantage, he wanted to find love again. It may not be with her, but he wouldn't know unless he tried. The whole idea of love appeared to be foreign to her.

"Sorry, I know you aren't." he said, wary that she was angry. An angry Kiera was something he didn't want to encounter if he could help it. "Ah, but you assume too much. We won't ever know if I would still like you unless we give it a shot." he answered sadly, sighing. It was obvious that she wasn't going to agree to one. "I didn't expect that the first person I'm attracted to since my girlfriend died would be somebody like you, but life is full of surprises." he whispered to himself, though she probably heard it.

Now she was starting to regain her composure, and she was back to her usual self. The cold tone bothered him, but he concealed that easily enough. "Foolish and suicidal, nobody's ever called me that before." he admitted, laughing. What kind of date would they go on? It was a fair question, he knew she wasn't one for a normal one. "I know you aren't one for the usual date." Thinking, he came up with one possible idea. "There is a place I know that is perfect for rock climbing if you want a challenge. I'm starting to regret I brought this up though, I expected you would react this way but...I had to try." he said quietly.
Adrian Castella
Adrian Castella
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:11 am

The thing that Kiera loathed the most, out of all this, was the fact that Adrian was speaking so sensibly. So completely logical. Of course they wouldn't know unless they gave it a shot. But frankly, one reason why Kiera was so reluctant about this was because she had almost no companions of her own age. Adrian was.......a friend. And if this date thing messed it all up, Kiera would regret it to an inch of her life.

And now, Adrian was saying things like this. Kiera remembered him mentioning in their first meeting about his first love dying. But he certainly hadn't mentioned that she herself was the first person Adrian had ever liked since then. It was obvious that he was regretful about it, almost as if he didn't particularly want to like her, but he had no choice in the matter.

But it was difficult to be so cold, when the person opposite you was not responding, not returning fire with fire, but instead looking so wistful. Still, Kiera tried her best to make her voice hard, but with each word, the bite and venom just faded away, "Of course you're foolish and suicidal. You profess to want to go on a date with me. Me. I don't even know if you realize the magnitude of what you're suggesting." And then, Adrian surprised her yet again, by bringing up the name of an activity which Kiera had always wanted to try, but never really had a chance too.

At the end though, what made Kiera snap was the quiet resignation in that voice. He accused her of assuming things, now he was doing the same. He assumed that she would never change her mind. The contrary spirit in Kiera flared up, and before she quite realized what she was doing, the words escaped her, "Fine. Fine. I'll go with you on this date thing......if this means that you stop bothering me about this."
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:40 am

Adrian knew his argument was logical, she couldn't deny that. If she actually agreed, he knew he would be worried about it going badly and their friendship ending. There weren't that many friends in his life. Things could go well though, couldn't they? Perhaps the suggestion was a mistake and there wasn't any chance she could ever care for him. He would make the same decision again though.

Part of him wished that he had liked somebody more...normal. Somebody who knew what relationships were like, because he kind of doubted Kiera did. Now he realized just how much he'd changed since Felicity's death. He was more cold-hearted now than he had noticed. You couldn't control who you started to have feelings for, that part about people was never rational.

Gradually, the coldness in her voice started to fade away. The fact that he wasn't responding in the same way probably had something to do with it. It was hard to maintain that demeanor when there wasn't a reaction. "What, you've never been asked out before? I find that hard to believe. Maybe I don't, but I do know a little about you. Not much, but enough to know I'm taking a risk." he said, shrugging. Had she ever been in any kind of relationship before?

As soon as he started to accept the fact there would be no date she changed her mind. It was almost like she did it just because he thought it wouldn't happen. Adrian grinned a little, "Thank you, Kiera, I appreciate it. All I ask is that you try to go into it with an open mind. You might be surprised at what happens." They still needed to set the time, both for the date and their excursion into the ministry. "So, when do you want to do it? Also we need to set the date and time for our little adventure into the ministry."
Adrian Castella
Adrian Castella
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:27 pm

"Of course I've been asked out before, I'm not a socially inept person." Though as the minutes were passing in this conversation, Kiera felt more and more that maybe, she was socially inept. "And regardless of what you think, I have gone out too, and been in a......relationship." Heavens, what an utterly distasteful word. "But , this....this thing between us, which you've created," Kiera condemned him under an accusing glare, to make it extremely clear that Adrian had created it, not her, "This thing is different...because...." You're not like all those people who've asked before. You're not asking me for a whim, or fancy. You're serious. And most importantly, this is different because I've never said yes to anyone before.

And then, just when she thought that she had taught him a good lesson about trying to make assumptions about her, Adrian had the bloody nerve to grin at her. Which was exactly when Kiera realized that she had done exactly what he had wanted her to do, without even realizing it. Which was again exactly why she couldn't quite conceal the irritation from her voice, realizing that she had been cornered. She couldn't back out now. Well fine then, Kiera raised her chin just a little higher, determined to make it through this date without appearing to lose her composure even a bit, "You've decided the date, you're welcome to decide the day and time for it as well. As for our excursion, I don't intend to be predictable. I'll send you an owl, you'll meet me at the Ministry an hour later. Of course, " Against all common sense, Kiera made eye contact with Adrian again, "If you're still up for it. If you dare."
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Castella Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Adrian thought about what she said, he didn't think she was socially inept. He thought it was more of a decision on her part to distance herself from the world. "I never thought you were socially inept, more that you wouldn't have chosen to be in a relationship. Shows how much I know." he told her coolly. Now she was glaring daggers at him, but he held eye contact. "Because why? Is it because I actually want to see if this could work?" he asked. How can you go through life not even looking for somebody to share it with? Maybe you did once, and were hurt. I find it hard to believe anybody could be happy leading a lonely life. But perhaps ignorance is bliss. He knew what he'd been missing, because he'd once had it.

This was what he'd been hoping for, and he enjoyed watching Kiera make the realization. He'd been hoping for it, but he still hadn't expected her to agree. Once she had though Adrian knew she wouldn't back out. Watching her stick her chin out, he smiled even wider. That was how a strong person handled a task they disliked, stuck their chin up and pushed through it. Ignoring the irritation in her voice, he smiled and wrote down the date, time, and location on a slip of paper so she wouldn't forget. "Next Saturday at noon, I'll be looking forward to it even though you won't be." Not surprising, she expected him to come at her beck and call. "I won't back out, surely you already can see that." he replied, winking at her.

Adrian Castella
Adrian Castella
Auror

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:10 am

Kiera half felt like laughing recklessly, insanely, when Adrian spoke in such a cool manner to her, when he learnt that she actually had been in a relationship before. Relationship? Ya right. If a relationship consisted of sparring with one another everyday, and learning what you could from each other, and finally, as an afterthought, making unconcerned enquiries about one another, even though both people knew that no one gave a shit, and only did this because of the benefits involved, then Kiera had been involved in a thousand of these ‘relationships’. But if you talked of those actual relationships, where people cared, where people did things to make each other happy, where people spent hours getting to just know each other, those picture-perfect novel romances, then Kiera had no experience of them whatsoever. She thought they were just weaknesses, nothing else. ‘Thought’ being the key word. She was unsure about what to think right now.

Kiera somehow, felt the urge to explain, to justify, “Its not that I purposely tell people to stay away. I mean, I do, but…………its not like I want to be alone at all times. Its just that, being alone is…..safer. More familiar. There’s a sense of security, because you depend on no one but yourself. In a profession like mine, even your shadow isn’t your friend. You’re not vulnerable to anyone, you haven’t given anyone the chance to hurt you.”

Next Saturday. Noon. Merlin, why was this sounding like doomsday to her? Reluctantly, Kiera took the piece of paper and resisted scowling, but just barely. Her voice had no such compunctions though, it was as irate as ever, “Fine, I’ll be there. And yes, I know you’re going to be there too you don’t have to…..wink like that. Its unnerving.”
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next