Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas time

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Christmas time Empty Christmas time

Post by Selena R Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Selena had spent a busy day decorating the house for Christmas, it was always her most favorite time of the year. She loved the sights and sounds and she really enjoyed playing outside in the snow with Roran. She also loved this time of the year because she always wanted to surprise Horst with something at Christmas. Selena always thought Horst looked just like a young kid on Christmas morning.

After she had everything done with the decorations she went into the kitchen to make some lunch for Roran. She left the star off the top of the tree because she knew that Horst like to do that part.

Selena R Sollmann
Selena R Sollmann
Adult

Back to top Go down

Christmas time Empty Re: Christmas time

Post by Horst Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Horst had just finished closing up the library for the Christmas Holidays. Bundling up, he started the walk toward the gate. Once he slipped out, he apparated to just outside of the Sollmann grounds. He opened the gate and then closed it behind him, starting the medium length walk to their house. It felt so great to be home, and he started whistling Deck The Halls on his way.

Before he knew it he'd opened the door, he smiled when he saw all the decorations. Just like every year, Selena had outdone herself. Everything looked fantastic, and she'd left the star for him to put up. "I'm home!" he yelled into the house. There was something delicious cooking, so he followed his nose into the kitchen. "It's great to be back." he said, stepping in and smiling at his wife.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena R Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:50 pm

Selena was busy putting the finishing touch on the mac and cheese which happened to be Roran's favorite. She had been humming a Christmas tune to herself and had not heard Horst yell that he was home.

Next thing she knew was she heard a voice in the kitchen that bad her jump and she hit her hand on the hot pan,

"Ouch, dang." and a bunch of mumbled incoherence's.

"hi, I didn't hear you come in." Selena went over and hugged and kissed her husband.
Selena R Sollmann
Selena R Sollmann
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Horst had though she would have heard him, but her surprise told him that she didn't. He watched as she banged her hand on the hot pan of mac and cheese, without a way to stop it.

"Sorry, I guess you didn't hear me yell I'm home." he apologized, holding her tight and kissing her deeply. It felt wonderful to be back home with his family. "Hello, beautiful. Is your hand okay?" he asked her. Thankfully it didn't look to be anything too bad.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena R Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:23 pm

Selena kissed Horst deeply and then released him. even though for the most part she saw him every night she did tend to miss him during the day. As usually when he called her beautiful she could not help but blush.

"No I was off in my own little world and didn't hear you," She looked at her hand it didn't look too bad.

"Yeah my hand is fine, I see you must have smelt my cooking and came running. It always seems to appear when I have food ready." Selena laughed.
Selena R Sollmann
Selena R Sollmann
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Even after all these years she was still his blushing bride. There wasn't a sight he enjoyed more than her rosy cheeks. Horst almost always took the opportunities to make her blush. She sometimes made him blush too, when she tried it was fairly easy for her.

"Ah, well I'm glad that your hand is alright." Burns were the most painful injuries they said. "That's precisely what happened, I do love your cooking. Shall I go bring Roran down for lunch?" he asked her. From the looks of it lunch would be ready shortly.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena R Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Selena smiled a little at her husband and waved her wand over the food keeping it warm until Roran came down.

"Yep, its not the first time I have burnt myself and it won't be the last. I might be a good cooking but I am still a little clumsy." She shrugged.

"Yea we probably better you know he is like you he might starve to death if he waits too long." Selena laughed and went to set the table.

Selena R Sollmann
Selena R Sollmann
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Horst noticed the warming spell she cast on the food, smart of her. She always paid attention to the little details like that. Now the macaroni would stay the perfect temperature without burning at all.

"We all are sometimes. Imagine if it was me cooking dinner, I'm the clumsy one out of the two of us." he said, laughing at some of the silly things he'd done. "Remember how bad I am at dancing. It took weeks to get ready for our first dance, and I was still stepping on you half the time."

"Of course he will, he's a growing boy." Running up the stairs, he went to get his son. "Time for lunch, Roran." Opening his door, he asked his son if he wanted a piggy back ride. He got down so he could climb on his back, he grunted a bit under the weight. "Come on, don't keep your mother waiting. It's your favorite, by the way." he informed him.

They hurried down the stairs and entered the kitchen. "Here he is, time to chow down." Going to the cupboards, he got out the bowls and spoons. Roran poured the glasses with water. He pulled out Selena's chair for her before sitting down.

Last edited by Horst Sollmann on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena R Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Selena could not help but laugh when Horst came in carrying Roran on his back (more realistic). "Horst will you put him down. He isn't little anymore dear he can walk you know."

Selena had placed some food in the plates on the table and smiled as her two boys dug in.

"How about after lunch we let dad put the star on the tree." Selena asked as she took a bite.

Roran of course got excited about then idea and then mentioned about going outside with dad to play in the snow."
Selena R Sollmann
Selena R Sollmann
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Horst sighed dramatically, then let Roran off of his back. "Yes, dear. I know he isn't little anymore, but it's fun to do things like that. Besides, I have to make sure I'm not getting too out of shape sitting in a library all day."

The mac and cheese was delicious, and quickly both he and Roran had finished their first helping. They refilled their plates, enjoying the delicious meal. Sometimes the simplest things in life were the best.

"Well put the star on first, then we can go out and play in the snow a little bit. After we're done with that we can have some hot chocolate. I'm thinking we might have to make ourselves some snow forts today." he suggested. He knew Roran would love the idea, his son was big on battles and the like.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena R Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:42 pm

When Horst let off the dramatic sigh she could not help but walk over and slap her husbands arm, "I swear sometimes you are such a drama queen."

Unknown to them Roran could not help but roll his eyes, his parents really cracked him up sometime. But he knew they loved each other very much and him too.

"Oh trust me I know all too well your not out of shape." Selena winked as she looked him up and down.

Selena smiled as she looked at her two wonderful boys as they ate up their food. She could not wait to have more children around the house it would be so nice.

"That sounds like a plan, but please bundle up good and use heating charms please Horst. I don't need either one of you sick for Christmas."

Selena got up and used her wand for a change and cleared the dishes and set them to clean. Horst would probably be in shock that she did that because usually she never did that, but she wanted to enjoy time with her family and being a witch she could.
Selena R Sollmann
Selena R Sollmann
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Horst couldn't help but grin when she slapped him on the arm. "Well at least somebody's theatrical in the family. I'm hoping that some of it will rub off on Roran here and he'll do a play or two at Hogwarts. Though if he doesn't want to that's fine as well." he told her. He'd been in a couple of them when he was a student.

That response made him blush a light pink, he couldn't believe she'd just done that. His wife had just eyed him up and down with their son in the room, it made him chuckle just a tiny bit.

"You know that I do it for you of course." he told her, enjoying the attention she was giving him.

His wife got a thoughtful look on her face, and he wondered what she was thinking. Maybe about the same thing he was, more children about the house. It would be a lovely sight.

"Okay, I'll make sure we don't get sick. Maybe you can be the judge of who makes the better fort. We need an unbiased person to choose the winner." he told her.

To his surprise she used magic to set the dishes to cleaning. Going off with Roran, they got into their coats and snow pants, plenty of layers underneath. Putting on their hat, gloves, and scarves they ventured out into the snow and built their forts.

Horst's had a bit of a Gothic look to it, with lots of spires, flying buttresses, and two gargoyle's above the entrance. Roran's on the other hand was the classic castle with turrets, walls, and a bridge over a trench before his entrance.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena R Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Selena gave him a little glare at his comment, "Oh are you saying that I am not funny. Well maybe if you sleep on the couch you will see just how funny I am." Selena said with a smirk, she loved it when they could banter like this it mad each day more interesting.

Upon hearing his parents Roran took it as his cue to leave the room to get ready.

"Well I hope there is no other witch you are trying to get attention from." Selena laughed.

When her boys were finished getting ready and they headed outside she watched them for a little bit from the living room window and laughed at them as they went to build. After seeing them finish their forst she had an idea.

Selena put on her own gear and went outside and went to a spot where they couldn't see her. She was at a perfect angle to throw snowballs at each of them and make them think the other one sent it to them and that was what she did.

Using her wand she made a few snow balls and sent them to both Horst and Roran.
Selena R Sollmann
Selena R Sollmann
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Horst stopped grinning when she threatened him with sleeping on the couch. She was the expert at deftly turning the tables on him like that. "You are extremely funny, I just have no taste in humor." he told her, trying to save himself. The couch was not comfortable in the slightest to sleep on, though it was alright for sitting.

"You know I only have eyes for you Selena." he said quietly, his love for her clear in his voice. Roran had just left, so he decided to kiss her. Leaning in, he kissed her soft lips, deepening it and wrapping his arms around her waist.

A couple of minutes after he'd finished his fort, he felt the cold wetness of a snowball hit him in the back of the head. Shortly after, a couple more hit him in the back. Roran was experiencing the same thing on his side. His son thought he could launch a sneak attack, did he. Quickly, he made and piled up the snowballs. Using his wand, he sent about fifteen over them flying over to attack Roran.

While Horst did that, the son made a big ball and sent it flying around behind his dad's fort. He heard it made impact and let out a whoop. That was when he spotted his mom, she had probably started it all. Roran waved at her, then went back to making snowballs.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena R Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Selena loved it how it was almost like he was graveling at her feet. She could not help but smiled. She would never make him sleep on the couch. The bed was too lonely when he was not in it. She could not help but dig a little deeper because she can turn what he said around again.

"Oh so now I don't taste good cause I am funny." Selena conjured a shovel, "Here care to dig your hole any deeper." She started to laughed, she was having too much fun picking on her husband and she knew it would come back and bite her soon.

"Yes dear I know, I am just giving you a hard time." She pulled his kiss deeper.

Selena knew she had been caught when Roran waved at her, she knew she should have just disillusioned herself.

Selena made a couple of balls and threw them at Horst and then took off running.
Selena R Sollmann
Selena R Sollmann
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Horst frowned, this was not going the way he had planned at all. She was enjoying herself, and doing quite a good job of teasing him to death. Surely she wouldn't actually make him sleep on the couch. It wasn't something he was willing to risk though.

Biting back laughter at the site of the shovel, he answered her. "Nonsense, you taste divine. I think I'm done making an idiot of myself for now. I surrender." he conceded, putting his hands up in the air.

Horst was hit in his back by a giant snowball that knocked the wind out of him and soaked him. Great idea Roran, you're becoming too smart to battle like this. Just then, he saw Selena throw a couple snowballs out of the corner of his eye. Two of them made contact with him, she had a good arm. So she was the one who had started this. Chasing after her, he threw some of his own snowballs.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena R Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Selena could not hold it in any more especially at the site of his raised arms. "Oh come here, you know that your pillow would miss you too much." She laughed.

Selena was trying her best to outrun the snowballs that were starting to come after her. She discovered that not only had Horst taking off after her but then Roran had started throwing them too. They finally managed to get off a good one and he made her miss her footing and she fell face first in the snow.

She was laughing so hard she could not bring herself to get up. She here she laid face down in the snow laughing so she could imagine that they probably thought she was hurt until they would have her roll over. But she had a handful of snow and was ready for it. That was of course if she could stop laughing.
Selena R Sollmann
Selena R Sollmann
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Horst smiled when Selena finally gave in and opened her arms for a hug. Walking over, he held her tightly. "I would miss you too. Sleeping without you by my side would be a criminal offense." he said quietly.

Roran joined him in his chase after her, and eventually she tripped spectacularly into the snow. They high-fived each other and went to make sure she was okay. She was staying with her face in the snow for an unusually long period of time. Upon reaching her, he gently rolled her over.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena R Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:03 pm

Selena smirked, "I said you pillow would miss you not me." She paused for a moment to catch the look in his face. "Just kidding." She kissed him.

Once they got to her she tried to die down her laughter so they would be a little concerned and when Horst rolled her over she took the snow that was in her hand and pushed it right in Horst's face.

When she did that Roran started laughing so she threw some in his face too.

"So are we ready for that hot chocolate now?"
Selena R Sollmann
Selena R Sollmann
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Horst looked hurt for a second before she kissed him. Then he smiled and kissed her back. "You'd better have been kidding. Well...I suppose I should go and change now." he told her, before running off to get in his play clothes.

As soon as he turned her over he realized his mistake. The snow in his face felt ice cold, and he quickly rubbed it off. "Excellent attack there, very well planned." he said, admiring her.

"I know I am." he told her with a grin. "Let's go."
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena R Sollmann Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Selena could not help but laugh as she smeared the snow in Horst face. That had been the perfect attack.

"I know it was excellent wasn't it. I shall call myself the winner of the attack." She smiled and watched him get up.

"Well dear I believe I need a little help here." She said as she raised her hand up.
Selena R Sollmann
Selena R Sollmann
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Horst couldn't help but chuckle a bit in response. She was enjoying that just a bit too much in his opinion. Ah well, she'd beaten him fair and square.

"Agreed, you win this one. Though you don't have to grin so much about it." he said, feigning a look of hurt. "That was a lot of fun."

"Of course, whatever you need." He grabbed her hand and pulled her up easily. Then he gave her a hug and quick kiss. "Now it's time to go back for the hot chocolate." he told her, starting the walk back to the house with his arm around her.
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena R Sollmann Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Selena smiled as he helped her to her feet.

"Was the fun of not bragging when your the winner." She smiled with a wink. "Next time maybe I will LET you win." with a lot of emphasis on let.

Selena placed her arm around Horst as they walked inside watching Roran run in front of him. She started to smile at the thought of more children running in the snow and the special present she had for Horst.

Walking into the house she let go of Horst to take off all of their outer wear.

"Dear, why don't you make a fire in the fireplace and I will go get the hot chocolate."
Selena R Sollmann
Selena R Sollmann
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Horst Sollmann Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Horst shrugged, she did have a bit of a point there. Wasn't beating him soundly this time enough of a treat in itself? Apparently it wasn't.

"Isn't defeating me soundly enjoyment enough?" he asked, teasing her. "Riiight." he said, rolling his eyes. "You got me this time but next time I won't fall for the whole drama queen routine. Then we'll see who comes out the winner."

Roran raced to the house ahead of him, and he wondered if she was thinking about more children doing the same thing in the future. He could already imagine more playing with Roran and begging for their mother's attention. The thought made him grin widely.

Once they were inside, he started taking off his winter attire. Putting it all away as he shrugged out of the coat and took off the hat, gloves, etc. Soon he was in a thick sweater that kept him plenty warm.

"Sure honey, no problem." he called, heading to the fire place. He stacked some of the logs piled up beside the fireplace inside and pulled out his wand. "Incendio." he said firmly. The logs lit up immediately, so he walked back into the kitchen. "All ready in there."
Horst Sollmann
Horst Sollmann
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena R Sollmann Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:39 pm

Selena could not help but laugh, "I was just proving that you were not the only drama queen in the house. I can act too you know." Selena smirked

Selena took a side glance to Horst right before they entered the house and noticed a small grin on his face. As she was taking off her coat still wearing her Blue sweater and jeans she smiled,

"Any thoughts you care to share?" She asked as she went into the kitchen and he went to the living room and back to the kitchen.

"So those thoughts you were thinking?" Selena smiled and carried the try of chocolate to the living room.

Selena R Sollmann
Selena R Sollmann
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next