Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indulge the Sweet Tooth (Oliver and Gabriella)

2 posters

Go down

Indulge the Sweet Tooth (Oliver and Gabriella)  Empty Indulge the Sweet Tooth (Oliver and Gabriella)

Post by Gabriella Rose Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Gabriella loved her sweets almost more than her books. Often she visited a sweet shop-slash-ice cream parlor when she attended schooling in Salem. Uncle Max was protective however and despised her living so far but she visited home more often. The school was safe however there was never a real threat-ever. A very remote school at that, she mused before stepping up to the counter and smiling brightly at the shopkeeper before tapping her fingers against her lips in thougt. Cookie Dough, Mint Chip, Chocolate Cockroaches, or maybe even Yapping Pups.

"What to pick?" She asked aloud as she tilted her head in thought and stared at the selection.
Gabriella Rose
Gabriella Rose
Healer

Back to top Go down

Indulge the Sweet Tooth (Oliver and Gabriella)  Empty Re: Indulge the Sweet Tooth (Oliver and Gabriella)

Post by Oliver Lanier Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Oliver had been visiting Diagon Alley to get some questionable items in Knockturn Alley. Nothing too bad mind you, but he was curious about some of the items in Borgin and Burkes and bought a random item or too that wasn't too dark on occasion.

This time he had ended up finding a very odd portrait of some dark wizard, but the portrait changed immediately into the face of Taylor, the girl he'd met at the pup. It could show you the portrait of anybody you had met in person. Wasn't really dark at all, and it was fairly expensive. But it was such a unique artifact that he couldn't resist buying it.

After that he had been a bit hungry for something and decided to stop for some ice cream at Florean Fortescue's. There was somebody trying to decide what to get and he looked as well. He always got a waffle cone, and usually two or three scoops. His favorites were mint chip, rocky road, and strawberry. This time he decided he would just have straight mint chip. "Personally I'm going with the mint chip. I highly recommend it." he answered her question. Oliver knew it hadn't been addressed to him but he felt like saying it anyways.
Oliver Lanier
Oliver Lanier
Obliviator

Back to top Go down

Indulge the Sweet Tooth (Oliver and Gabriella)  Empty Re: Indulge the Sweet Tooth (Oliver and Gabriella)

Post by Gabriella Rose Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:00 am

Gabriella turned swiftly and flushed when she noticed what she'd said and sheepishly looked up before looking down. Darned it, he was tall. She must've spoken aloud, she chastised herself for such a stupid thought of course she had! No Legimens would dare waste their gift just to know what someone's flavor for ice cream. She smiled up at him warmly.

"Then I'll have to take your suggestion," she said before turning back. "One scoop, regular of mint chip." She dropped the appropriate amount of galleons on the counter before turning back towards the tall man.

"Well, I don't believe we've met but, Gabriella Rose at your service." She extended a hand to him politely. "We could get a table if you're not too busy to chat a little." A little more outwardly than per usual she mused before waving the thought away.
Gabriella Rose
Gabriella Rose
Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Lanier Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Oliver realized he had embarrassed her, but he didn't really care. She would get over it, it wasn't a big deal. He'd never been one to be overly careful with other people's feelings. It was unusual, but there were a lot more unusual things about himself than that. Most people never realized how twisted he was inside, he knew it; but, so far he hadn't been able to change. Sometimes he found himself wanting to though, and recently he had been wanting to be a bit nicer to people. When she smiled he returned it a bit, but it ended up as more of a smirk really.

He just nodded at what she said. Once she had placed her order, he placed his own. "Two scoops of mint chip and one of rocky road on a waffle cone please." Placing the galleons and a few sickles on the table, he grinned at the thought of the delicious treat. It was a lot of ice cream, but he could splurge every once in a while.

"Oliver Lanier, nice to meet you Gabrielle." he responded, shaking her hand. "Just curious, why did you say at your service? Would you really be at my service if I needed something?" he asked her curiously. "I suppose I could chat a little. Just warning you that I can be a bit rude sometimes though." Oliver said as he slid into his seat. "So what are you doing in Diagon Alley Gabrielle?"
Oliver Lanier
Oliver Lanier
Obliviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriella Rose Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:36 am

Gabriella had her fair share of witty people in her life. She would count herself lucky not be stumped so easily. She simply sat herself down at the nearest table and gestured to the chair beside her before taking a lick of her ice cream and crossing her legs knee over knee of course and posturing herself.

"I suppose it depends truly on the service." She added thoughtfully. "I-I'm not quite sure why I phrased it like that but it sounded more polite, I guess." She stumbled over explaining herself but she'd get an A for effort at least.

"Everyone can be rude it depends on the things people say in defense however." Gabriella offered before taking another lick of her scoop of ice cream. "Eating ice cream would be my main purpose here." She offered a grin.

"What about you, Oliver? Why are you here, not that it's unwelcome of course." She added the last part quickly.
Gabriella Rose
Gabriella Rose
Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Lanier Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:37 am

Oliver noticed that the woman just took it all in stride and made herself comfortable in her seat. She was kind of cute in a way, he noticed as he took a seat next to her. Nothing like how beautiful Taylor was, but if he didn't already like somebody he may have started flirting with her a bit. Since he did like somebody else though he just sat in his seat and started eating his ice cream, which was rather delicious as always.

He couldn't help but chuckle a bit at her. "A good answer." he told her. "It was quite polite yes, excellent manners. Made me think of Tolkien's The Hobbit though, a muggle author. Some of the characters introduce themselves and add at your service at the beginning of it." Oliver said with a small grin. An excellent book, and the trilogy that followed it was a wonderful read.

"I suppose you have a good point there Gabriella." he nodded, she was a very logical person. He wouldn't have been surprised if she used to be a Ravenclaw at Hogwarts. "Well this ice cream is amazing, the best I've ever had." Oliver commented before taking a small bite of his cone and taking another lick of the ice cream.

"There was an item I wanted to purchase here. A rather interesting and unique mirror. It was quite expensive, but worth it in my opinion. Once I finished purchasing that I decided to come and get some ice cream." he explained to her. "Mind if I ask what you do for a living?"
Oliver Lanier
Oliver Lanier
Obliviator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriella Rose Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:26 pm

Gabriella's eyes lit and she beamed with joy. She was familiar with Tolkan works and held a very large love for muggle works. She'd read the first two books and watched all the movies. She enjoyed it very much and decided she would one day finish the series but then she made the move and everything... She wouldn't let it deter her though, when work settled so would she but she would never concave under pressure.

"Oh but I am familiar with Tolkan and other muggle works. Have you ever heard of movies? A common muggle use, they're wonderful really." She took another larger lick from her ice creamy trying to make it last more than the few bites left. She reached the cone and paused.

"Ooh and do tell, what persay does this intricate mirror? Where did you purchase it?" She asked smiling, curiosity growing.

"I'm a Healer at St. Mungos, no big titles and you kind sir?" Gabriella asked placing a hand under chin and taking another bite of her cone.
Gabriella Rose
Gabriella Rose
Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down