Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resting Up (OPEN)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Resting Up (OPEN) Empty Resting Up (OPEN)

Post by Cain Valerian Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:02 am

Cain had been kept up all night by the herd, they were moving again and that meant that they had hassled him to see if he was going to move with them or stay alone and separate like he always was.

The decision had been made.

He had decided to stay a part of the herd like he was now, in fact, he didn't even have to move that far away, and he had found an excellent cave to base himself in.

Smiling to himself, Cain ran his hands through long dandelion clocks, sending their seeds spinning into the air, the warm weather meaning his tunic was at home, and he sighed happily. He felt contented. For the first time in months.
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Resting Up (OPEN) Empty Re: Resting Up (OPEN)

Post by Lolly Hart Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Lolly rounded a group of trees and wandered into a full of life spring Glade. Wildflowers were everywhere, bringing colour and beauty into the clearing. It was really beautiful. The warm climate left her wearing a yellow summer dress that she'd bought not too long ago when she was in Diagon Alley. She walked barefoot through the swaying grass and flowers.

Lolly spotted a familiar figure at the other end of the clearing, and grinned. He'd certainly cheered up since the last time she'd seen him. "Cain!" she called out, rushing over to his side. Dandelion seeds were floating around him, and some got caught in her hair.

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:09 am

Cain heard his name being called but it was not by any of his herd, instead, it was rather a familiar voice and a few seconds later he realised just who it was and turned to her with a large smile on his face.

"Lolly!"

He called to her with a large lopsided smile, moving towards her and catching her in his arms, hugging her tightly, he truly felt that she was his lucky charm, his saviour from his emotions. Cain thought of Lolly as a little sister whom he must protect and cherish.

"Oh I am most happy to see you once more, have the stars been with you this day?" he asked.
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:12 am

Lolly grinned and hugged Cain back. He was a good friend and she was happy they'd run into each other.

"I think they might have been; I ran into you!" She smiled, pulling out of the hug. "How are you?"

It was such a nice day, and there was no sign of rain. The sun shone and the breeze accounted for the lovely temperature. "I didn't think you'd be here. Where's the rest of the herd?"

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:42 pm

Cain was happy that it seemed that Lolly was equally as happy to see him as he her, it was something that lifted his spirits even more, and he made sure that he let a little of these feelings out so that Lolly could tell he was better.

"I am doing well Lolly, I am doing well, my herd is gradually accepting the view point and changes that I hope to make, they are seeing that I am right, and they need to adapt..."

This was something that excited him beyond belief.

"The rest of the herd is away hunting, I myself have come to relax here, having already done my duties. What are you doing here?"
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Butterflies tumbled about in her stomach as she felt his happiness reach a crescendo. Lolly laughed out loud, excitement tingling along her spine as she felt the meaning behind Cain's words. "That's great!"

She glanced around the meadow, unsure totally of what had brought her here. "I'm not really sure. I just went for a walk and stumbled across this pretty little place!"

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:13 am

Hearing Lolly laugh was something that made Cain infinantly happy, it was almost as if it was the same feeling he got when he made Ophelia blush, whatever that was.

Casting a look around the place in which he had found himself, Cain nodded with a large smile.

"It is so very beautiful here, it is apparently home to faeries, although in all my time in forests I have never seen one...have you?"
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:56 pm

"No, not personally. But I've heard rumours of a faerie girl that attends Durmstrang," Lolly smiled. It would be interesting to hear what a faerie had to think... and say. She laughed internally at herself.

Lying down on the grass, she stared up at the blue sky. "You know, I've never seen a day such as this. Not since... um. Last spring," she said, catching herself before she spoke the one thing she swore to forget.

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:45 pm

Cain wondered for a moment how Lolly would know the things that go on at Durmstrang but he realised that it was probably none of his business so kept his nose out of it, he didn't want to intrude.

"I would have thought that they would have been exceptionally beautiful if not small creatures, it is difficult for me to imagine one attending a school." he smiled lightly

Seeing Lolly lie down, Cain felt even taller than he normally was and he wondered if it would be a good idea to try and sit down next to her, but he stopped that thought, if there was an emergency he wouldn't be able to get up.

"Last spring? That is a very vauge time indeed, but I knew today would be a pleasant one, the stars told me so themselves."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Lolly smiled softly, glad Cain had not picked up on her quick catch. She really didn't want to talk about it.

Blinking up at him through the glare of the sun, she was curious about star gazing. "Did they tell you anything else?" Lolly looked at the clouds, wondering if clouds could foretell things as well.

She rolled onto her stomach and watched as little ants crossed over mountains of dirt. A thought hit her. "Even though I'm sure you won't - please don't step on me!" She giggled at Cain.

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:07 am

Cain thought about all that the stars had told him last night, there had been much information but nothing that he had not known prior to looking to them for advice the last nights, which was good, it meant nothing had changed.

"Yes, they are much the same lately, all of war and battle, of course this pertains to the humans not to us Centaurs, however, there are more personal readings also...although I tend not to look into those."

Looking down at Lolly Cain chuckled lightly and shook his head, picking up one hoof as if he meant to step on the nymph and chuckled before he put his hoof back down.

"I would never step on you, even if you are much smaller than I lying down there."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Lolly smiled up at her half-horse friend. "It doesn't really matter to me what personal things the stars dictate. They're going to happen anyway; I'd rather them be a surprise, wouldn't you?"

She squealed when he lifted his hoof, pretending to be about to step on her, the relaxed when she realised he was kidding. "I'm always smaller. I'm almost the smallest person I know!" Lolly grinned.

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:31 am

Cain nodded his head enthusiastically he too believed that these things, the predictions pertaining to yourself, were best left well alone and not meddled with in the slightest...

He knew people who had gone mad from the knowledge.

"I agree, it is far better for things to be a surprise, after all, it spoils the beauty of life and can make one turn mad."

Smiling kindly down at Lolly, Cain was glad she didn't seem to be too upset about being small, although he was intrigued about who was the smaller person:

"Who is smaller than you then Lolly?"
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Lolly thought for a second. "I'm not sure. I think, only goblins, dwarves or children..." She laughed a bit. She was really quite small.

"But you, sir, you are very tall. Do you know anyone taller?" She grinned up at Cain.

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:55 am

Cain chuckled softly along with Lolly, although she was small he was positive that there were some adults that were shorter yet although he couldn't be sure of them exactly.

"Well there are many of those, especially children, so there are quite a few people shorter than you."

Thinking for a moment, Cain cast his mind back and nodded his head with a small smile:

"Only other centaurs and those with giants blood in their veins, and dragons of course although they can't really speak."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:04 pm

She smiled. "Thought so." Not much could grow taller than a centaur, save for giants and half-giants. It was really quite amusing.

There was a slightly drawn-out silence after that. Lolly sighed, sitting up. "What do we do now?" she asked, wanting for something to occupy herself with.

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:33 pm

When Lolly asked what they would do now, Cain blinked a little, he had not been asked to do anything in a while and to be honest he wasn't sure the type of things that Lolly would like to engage herself with.

"I am not entirely sure, what would you like to do? As long as it does not involve something like braiding hair, I shall do it." he joked with his small lopsided smile.

For a moment he contemplated about going for a run, but then Lolly would not be able to keep up, perhaps giving her a ride? Dismissing the idea he waited to hear what she wanted.
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Lolly grinned and chuckled at Cain. He was a funny one. Thinking deeply for a moment, she remembered where they were. "Hey. We're in the Faerie Glade, right? Isn't this supposed to be the place where we can talk to faeries?"

Excitement filled her as she expanded on her idea. "Why don't we try to find some, and maybe talk to them? That would be fun!" Her eyes shone. She wondered if it could be done, and leapt to her feet, already trying to scout out where some of the creatures could be.

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Cain chuckled lightly when Lolly said that they should go and see if they could find and talk with faeries, it was something that he himself hadn't thought of, however, he was happy to do it. He was intrigued by the faerie race as he had never seen one.

"That's an excellent idea Lolly, where do you think they are most likely to live? Within the flowers or within the trees?"

Looking around the glade, Cain spotted a small cluster of trees to one side and smiled:

"Shall we check over there? It looks like it might be habitable for some of the smaller faeries."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Lolly stared around, trying to see if she could feel any tiny emotions from the little winged creatures they were searching for. The clump of trees Cain suggested did seem to be buzzing. "Okay!" She agreed with a big smile. "I hope there are some, I mean that would be lovely to meet a real faerie!" She bounded over to the cluster.

"Hello?" Lolly called softly, slowing as she neared the grassy area. "Is anyone home?"

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Cain was glad that Lolly seemed to accept his suggestion and he carefully trotted over to the trees, looking at them from afar and peering up into the higher branches.

He could see no faeries, all that he could see were the bird nests that normally occupied the trees around forests. A little deflated he smiled at Lolly.

"Nothing that I can see in this tree...do you know much about faeries and what we might do to draw them out of hiding?" he asked, scratching his head.
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:37 am

Lolly bit her lip and stood up from searching amongst the blades of grass. "Not a clue," she said, looking around. "Do you think they like certain things? I really don't know what they'd want to live in."

She had just finished saying that when she felt a bit of glee simmer in from the other side of the meadow. Eyebrows knotted in curiosity, she silently walked over to the lusher area of grass. Lolly pushed some tall stalks with the toe of her shoe, and immediately there were some screams and a whole lot of tiny giggles.

"Found them," she said, grinning.

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:05 am

Cain smiled lightly and thought for a moment on what they might like, of course he could only think of all the stereotypical things such as honey and the flowers that are in bloom, which there were many in the glade.

"I heard from a fellow centaur that they are fond of sweet things, but then I suppose each faerie is different when it comes to things like that."

Watching Lolly move over to one side of the glade, Cain followed quietly, making sure that he didn't make too much noise as to scare the creatures away.

"Excellent Lolly, you're a much better finder than me to be sure." he smiled and looked down at the faeries.
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:51 pm

Lolly grinned. "Thank ya," she said childishly just as about ten little winged girls tumbled out of the sweet-grass. She laughed as they got caught in her hair and twittered around Cain's hooves. "They really have no sense of self-preservation," she commented as one got her wings tangled in one of Lolly's curls, which she then had to un-knot her hair to free the little thing.

"They're very colourful," she said as a blue-skinned, silver-haired fairy buzzed past, chasing a dark-skinned, pink-haired one with transparent wings.

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cain Valerian Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:39 am

Cain smiled lightly and made sure to stay very still when the faeries began to tumble and turn about his feet, he didn't want to harm them by accidentally standing on one of them and he feared for their safety.

Seeing one get caught up in Lollys hair he laughed:

"You are very right, despite their ability to hide well, they really are too small and sweet to have anything else to protect themselves with."

Watching the faeries gambol around the glade made Cain happy, to observe something so pure and innocent, he held out his hand and a light green skinned faerie with black hair landed on his palm.

"Well hello there small one. They certainly are very beautiful creatures..."
Cain Valerian
Cain Valerian
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next