Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting to communicate (Briony and Benedict)

2 posters

Go down

Starting to communicate (Briony and Benedict) Empty Starting to communicate (Briony and Benedict)

Post by Sherlock Watson Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:29 pm

Benedict was standing in the middle of the Hidden Forest, a piece of paper in his hand and a dove on his shoulder. He would've used an owl, but he hadn't been able to reach one, so he simply found that a dove would suffice. After all, they were the symbol of peace. He closed the letter he had made and attached it to the dove's leg before it took of with a soft crooning. The letter read:

To Headmistress Briony Romain,

I know that rumors have reached you of a gathering between the creatures, and that you see this as a threat to the magical community of Britain. That is true. We have gathered, but not in the way that you presume. We are no threat, we do not wish war. But here is where we meet the bump in the road, so to speak. The war raging between Germany and Britain is something we creatures can no longer overlook when we see creatures and humans alike suffer from it. I have no doubt that you, Mrs, suffer from it, perhaps even more than others.

No, I am not naïve. I do not believe this war will stop just because I send you this letter, requesting you to make a change. I am merely trying to start the stop of this war, not because I alone can do it, but because someone has to try. Whether I fail or not is not the point. The point is to try to be the rock that starts the avalanche.

I do realize my mistake of sending Lolly Hart to talk to you for me. That was stupid of me. I will try not to do so again. I would also like to speak to you face to face, but not yet. Not before we know where we stand. But we are no threat, Headmistress, and if you have any questions you would dare to send in a letter to me, then do so, by all means.

Regards,
Benedict Holmes

Benedict sighed, hoping it would change some of the Headmistress' strong dislike of him. He couldn't care less about her thinking well or ill about him, but he didn't want an enemy who thought he would war against Britain and Germany at the same time.
Sherlock Watson
Sherlock Watson
Creature

Back to top Go down

Starting to communicate (Briony and Benedict) Empty Re: Starting to communicate (Briony and Benedict)

Post by Briony Romain Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Briony was sitting in her office and she recieved a very odd letter form a dove, not an owl, and immediately her senses began to tell her that something was off. Frowning lightly she took the letter and read it, her eyes flashing with anger at certian points, picking up her quill, she wrote a reply;

'Mr. Holmes,

I think first off you make the mistake of even attempting to suggest that I wish war, I do not. I wish the war to stop but one does not simply stop a war when they choose, there are bigger things at play here and if you are that determined you should speak to the Minister for Magic. The Ministry drives the war effort not I.

I ask you, Benedict, to tell me what you would have me do. Would you have me stop fighting? Stop protecting our students, other peoples children? And subject them to attacks simply because we desire to be the 'good guys' and let the German forces descend upon us? Because that is not what is going to happen.

There are reasons, you do not deserve to know, why I have a hole in my heart when it comes to the German people, but had you ever met me, I do no harm against people who have done no harm to others.

Do not question my bravery, I dare to send you an answer to your letter because you seemingly have a manner to which I am adverse. All I think of you is a person who dares not to meet with me, that makes you not brave but rather foolish, especially to send my friend to speak to me for you.

Now Sir, if you dare to send a reply back. Please do. I will be awaiting your reply.

Romain.'
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down