Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Me (Benedict and Lolly)

2 posters

Go down

Help Me (Benedict and Lolly)  Empty Help Me (Benedict and Lolly)

Post by Lolly Hart Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 pm

Lolly was slumped against one of the tall standing stones, head in her arms, crying her eyes out. Briony hadn't taken her plea so well... Lolly was probably going to be thrown out of Hogwarts now. She sobbed harder at this thought. She didn't want to leave at all! And it was all because she was following that stupid Benedict's cause.

That's why she'd asked him to meet her here today. She hadn't stopped crying since her 'talk' with Briony. It was all his fault! If Briony wiped her memory and dumped her somewhere, Lolly would just... she didn't know what she would do. After all, she would have had her memory wiped.

But that meant having to learn how to deal with being an Empath all over again. All that pain and suffering before she could block everything out. She wouldn't have a place to stay and would probably not find shelter or food, or water. Lolly tugged at her hair and screeched into the night. "BENEDICT!" If he didn't show up, Lolly would probably murder that damn werewolf.

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Help Me (Benedict and Lolly)  Empty Re: Help Me (Benedict and Lolly)

Post by Sherlock Watson Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:58 am

Benedict heard her scream for him. He raised an eyebrow slightly and then walked towards the Silent Stones. She was mad at him for some reason. He narrowed his eyes when he saw her looking completely crushed and yet so angry.

"Yes?" he asked politely, walking over to her.

He was slightly annoyed, not really liking how the girl had practically ordered him to come here, but he figured that it had something to do with the battle, and went to find out.
Sherlock Watson
Sherlock Watson
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Lolly saw Benedict stride toward her and leapt to her feet, tears still streaming down her face. She was so angry and upset, and had let her shields down more than she needed. Benedict's disapproval and curiosity washed over her. She swallowed past the big lump of tears in her throat.

"I'm facing being thrown out of Hogwarts without any memory. Did you realise how much Briony doesn't want to be in this war either? Neither did I, and now I've gotten on her bad side, and it's all YOUR FAULT!" Lolly was close to screeching. She couldn't control herself.

There was a guilty little voice in the back of her head telling her not to blame anyone but herself; after all, she didn't have to take such a direct approach. But Lolly didn't want to listen to it. She didn't want to blame herself. What was done was done, and she couldn't take it back. She could only hope and pray that things would turn out okay.

Otherwise, she'd probably die. Literally.

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherlock Watson Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Benedict looked at Lolly, his eye twitching slightly.

"My fault? She cares about the war? You didn't know that?" Benedict asked.

He was bordering the line of angry, but decided to say this calmly to Lolly to make sure she understood.

"What did I do that was so wrong? And of course the headmistress cares about the war. She doesn't want to be a part of it. That is something I'm very aware of. But that is not the point," Benedict said coldly.

"She is a part of the war. She is practically the leader of it. She doesn't like it, I get that, but she hasn't done anything too major about stopping it either. That is the problem. No one wants to be in war, unless your name is Voldemort, Grindelwald or Hitler. None of the parties wants the war, but they still war. Do you understand?" Benedict said, the last question very pressing.
Sherlock Watson
Sherlock Watson
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:03 pm

Lolly was starting to get defensive. "We're all a part of the war! She's doing everything she can. It's not like she can snap her fingers and put an end to all this! It's not that easy!" How could he just think she wasn't trying? Not only did she have to keep a school safe and running, but she also had to figure out ways to train and fight back against the Germans.

"If you want more action, why don't you take it up with the Minister for Magic? Start a petition? Make it public and rally up human forces as well? We creatures can't do it on our own!" She was starting to find the reasonable voice of her mind again. "You can't expect everything to come from just talking it through. Not only will people react the way you didn't want them to, they'll also go against you as well! I hope you realise that, Benedict, because if you don't, you're in for one hell of a shock."

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherlock Watson Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:00 pm

"Lolly! We've only had one meeting!" Benedict roared at her.

Of course the head didn't want the war, of course she didn't! And no, she might not have instigated it. That was beside the point. The war was existing, and he wasn't blaming anyone. He blamed the war itself. Why couldn't people see past such things as blame?

"Petitions? Do you think the famous "Sweeney" will listen to that? She will never want to stop this fight. But it is a possibility to have petitions to gather humans to our cause. I rather find that a fascinating idea. However, you can't expect everything to go perfectly fine. I've said a million times how difficult this will be. I plan to talk to your head and the head of Durmstrang, but I can't walk up to them with empty hands. I need creatures standing on this cause, Lolly, do you understand that?" Benedict asked her.

Of course this was a slipper slope that would either work or go directly to hell.

"Lolly, do you understand that I need you on my side? I'm not asking you to turn your back at your head, I'm not asking you to chose a side, I just need you to not be a part of this war," Benedict said calmly.
Sherlock Watson
Sherlock Watson
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Lolly sighed, and tried to calm down a bit. "What you wanted to do hasn't worked with Briony. I fully agreed with it in the beginning, but she thinks of you as a coward now, not coming to talk to her yourself first, instead sending me. Briony feels she cannot respect you as much as she would have before, because you used someone else to try to get to her, and she feels threatened. Maybe if you'd written her a letter of some sort, and sent it through me, that might have been better."

She could feel the passion oozing out of Benedict. "I know you feel strongly about this Benedict, and I want you to know that I never have been part of this war. But what we're trying to do makes us a new threat and another side to the war. Therefore, we are part of it anyway." Lolly swept her hair over her shoulder and off her neck, starting to feel very hot for some reason.

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherlock Watson Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Benedict raised an eyebrow. "How did you phrase yourself when you told her we were tired of this war. That we want it to end?" he asked, being much calmer now.

"Besides, I didn't mean to send you to tell her as a threat, I could've gone myself, that is true, but I felt it was better to hear it from someone she knew would stand by her side," Benedict said, "Because she knows you're on her side, right?" he added with a weary face.

"I don't want to be another part of the war. I shall write this letter you speak about and try to tell her that we do not mean any harm. We will only be a demonstration, and try to be a strong one. And I will tell her of my view on the Sweeney. She is the one who is a threat, due to the fact that she seems to be wanting this war. Please understand, Lolly, that a war from our part is something I will work equally hard to prevent as to stop the war raging now," Benedict said softly.
Sherlock Watson
Sherlock Watson
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Lolly found herself agreeing with a lot of what Benedict was saying, but disagreeing with other things. "Yes, she does know I'm on her side, but because she's found out that I've joined your cause - never mind, I didn't mention any names - she thinks we are an extra threat. She's been through too much to just let it slide, you know?"

Lolly started pacing around, trying to think clearer. She felt that he was missing her point. "It does not matter if we fight or not. You say you want no part in this war. What you wish to do to finish it makes you a very large part of the war. You and us, the people who have followed your cause," she looked up, staring him dead in the eyes, her own eyes swimming with thought. "It's a paradox. You can't stop a war without being a part of it, yes?"

"I'm not sure how much good the letter will do, but it might prove to the Headmistress that you are not willing to be seen as some sort of enemy as well. It'll have to suffice until you can arrange to meet her in person, for only then will she trust you, maybe - once she meets you. But till then I can't make up Briony's mind for her."

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherlock Watson Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:16 am

Benedict nodded. "I do understand. I understand that the war has been hard on her, but as a person of so high rank, then very many relies on that person. Due to this, every move the person makes will not go unnoticed. That is the problem. I do not think her the reason for our war, not at all, but she has a lot of responsibility to it due to her high position in the society," he said calmly.

He then shook his head. "It is a paradox I have no intention of joining. I am not a part of the war if I stop it. If I stop the war, it is ended, and if it is ended, I am no part of it. I understand what you mean, and you may think me too ideal, but I'd rather be ideal than to fight in a war I resent," he said.

He then sighed. "You are right. The letter would not easily subdue her lack of respect towards me, but I do not yearn for her respect, just for her to understand and see that this was cannot go on. The same for the head of durmstrang," he said softly, looking up at the sky, "I just want this to be over."
Sherlock Watson
Sherlock Watson
Creature

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down