Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hogwarts Ball (Open to all Hogwarts Professors and Students)

+25
Mace Balfour
Raziel Ciero
Ariana Jenkins
Zara Hawkins
Sofia Slytherin
Xander Clarke
Victoria Rossmund
Cobalt Smith
Richard Romain
Tess McCartney
Parker Emery
Lolly Hart
Airen Auditoren
Eva Jordon
Anne Jones
Eric Laterman
Teresa Maria King
Keiba Namid
Jaycie Simple
Ash Johnson
Senium Nex
Haley Vilde Smith
Sam Hawthorn
Charlotte Smith
Briony Romain
29 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Hogwarts Ball (Open to all Hogwarts Professors and Students) - Page 5 Empty Re: The Hogwarts Ball (Open to all Hogwarts Professors and Students)

Post by Cobalt Smith Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:37 am

Cobalt smiled as he looked the people in the ball, noting how happy some of them seemed to be. Of course, he noticed that Charlotte was sending him negative looks about him standing beside Sofia. He chuckled a little bit, taking his daughter's looks to mean that she disapproved.

Seeing Raziel walking into the ball he was slightly confused until she looked over to where Angelus was standing and dancing with another woman. The effect it had on Raziel was very obvious to Cobalt, who was a master of body language. As she moved over to him, Cobalt wrapped her up in a hug,

"Hey Raz." he held her close to him, "You want to talk about it? I know something's bothering you. If you don't want to talk about it, I'm still here for you."

As he hugged her, Cobalt could see Airen and Charlotte preparing to stay closer after a kiss. He shook his head slightly. Damn hormones. Looking over at Angelus, he growled dangerously for a second,

"What did he do Raziel?" he looked down and cupped her cheek gently, "You know I'll be here for you for as long as you want me."
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

The Hogwarts Ball (Open to all Hogwarts Professors and Students) - Page 5 Empty Re: The Hogwarts Ball (Open to all Hogwarts Professors and Students)

Post by Raziel Ciero Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:44 am

Raziel gasped a little as she was pulled into a hug and she laid her head on Cobalt's chest, knowing that his child was here and she would not be very happy with her hugging her father like this, but she couldn't bring herself to really care, she needed someone to comfort her, so that she wouldn't bring her brother here, and the same thing wouldn't happen as happened last time.

"H-hey Cobie, long time no see, oh don't be so silly, I'm fine, really I am, just a bit of a shock that's all, I mean you give your heart to a man after a hundred years you don't expect this." she said with a bright smile, that was tinged with a lot of sadness.

Unable to keep most of it inside she pulled Cobie off into one of the alcoves in the dancefloor, she had no intention of crying in front of the woman from the school, and she was not about to let her guard down with people around her, she had a reputation to uphold after all.

"Oh well, he's done nothing that I don't expect men to do at the latest oppertunity. Hop into bed with another woman because he can't be bothered to get off his ass to find me."
Raziel Ciero
Raziel Ciero
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:00 am

Cobalt knew that he might have caught Raziel by surprise by the sudden hug but he knew that she needed it. Thinking about it, he realised that Charlotte may very well disapprove of Raziel as well but she needed comfort and it wasn't in him to turn her away as she was now. He smiled sadly,

"It's been a while but don't try to kid a kidder Raz. I can see that you're hurt." when she finished telling him why he 'ah'd and nodded, "I see... Hearts are tricky things. Brittle and yet strong at the same time. It will mend in time, if you want it to Raziel. Trust me, I'd know."

Seeing that Raziel wanted them to move away from the main population of the ball, Cobalt waved to Sofia as he was directed to an alcove. When they were in the alcove he paused as Raziel told him what Angelus had done. His muscles stiffened,

"He did what?" he hissed through clenched teeth, angry at his fellow professor, "Are you telling me that he broke your heart to shag some random woman?"

Last edited by Cobalt Smith on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:07 am

Xander pulled Tess towards the dance floor, giving her walking space to maneuver in her dress. He'd once seen a couple at one of his parent's shindigs that had quite an embarassing scene involving her train, a potted plant, and a lot of red wine.

Once out there the music changed to a nice, slow ballad and he was thankful. Not that he didn't enjoy other kinds of dancing, but he'd really only come to this event to be with Tess, and that was easier to do when they were slow dancing.

"You look amazing." He leaned in and planted a kiss on her cheek. "Hope I didn't interrupt some philosophical discussion, or whatever girls talk about." He couldn't help poking at her when he could, it was fun.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziel Ciero Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:54 am

Raziel smiled lightly and shook her head, she doubted that he would do such a thing, but the evidence in front of her did not point to something very good, not good at all, and she had it in her mind to walk up to the woman and tell her...so she did.

Walking up to Angelus, she smiled fakily and gave a jaunty wave to the woman who was next to him, taking the drink, she poured it over the man who she had once thought was going to break the chain in her long misfortunes with men, and smiled happily;

"Hey there, I see you're dating the same man I am. I would give you a word of advice, he's done this before, you might want to dump him before he does the same to you, if not, I reccommend a red wine to pour over him, it stains the best." she grinned, nodding her head before moving off.

Looking to Cobalt she shrugged;

"A cheap shot but I feel sooooo much better now." and pulled him aside out of the hall, moving into a room and shutting the door behind them, all very quickly.
Raziel Ciero
Raziel Ciero
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:01 am

Dani noticed a woman come up to her and Angelus, Dani gasped as she poured wine on Angelus but when she heard what the woman said Dani was in shock. These type of things alway's happened to her they used her and she despised it.

" You were cheating on your girlfriend and what you just happened to forget that minor detail!" Dani said she grabbed her drink and poured it on him and she blinked back tears, she hated that men would cheat on their girlfriends and she'd be the other woman or she would be cheated on clentching her teeth, Dani ran out if the great hall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:14 am

Tess smiled softly as she was pressed closer to him. She placed her hands softly against his chest and hummed along with the music. Her eyes got wide as he kissed her cheek and she smiled leaning against him more liking the change of moods into a sweeter and softer one.

She managed to see an Auror attack a Professor, and she was wide-eyed at it, but looked away not wanting to seem like she was being nosy. All her attention went to Xander and at his witty comment she laughed softly and pinched him playfully.

"Yes we were talking about Quantum physics within the muggle world" she said rolling her eyes.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:29 pm

Angelus was enjoying his time with Dani until out of the corner of his eyes he saw Raziel walk into the room, what on earth was she doing here. He had not spoken to her in weeks and thought she had changed her mind. He had sent a couple of owls, with no response.

He was going to make it out to her bar, but he had gotten busy, he knew she was a very active woman and she wouldn't notice. If she wanted him, she knew how to get a hold of him. But by the look on her face this was not going to be pretty, he was dancing with Dani trying to watch what she was doing.

He watched her walk over to Cobalt and talk to him and then ended up hugging him then the next thing he knew she had walked over to him and said something to the effect of dating the same man. Angelus was at a little of the loss, because they had never actually been dating.

Next thing he knew not only did he get a drink poured on him by Raz, but a drink from Dani as well. Angelus was at a loss at what to say for a moment.

"What the hell was that for Raziel, last time I checked one meal and drinks did not constitute a relationship." Angelus yelled, but she was already gone.

Angelus took a moment and dried up the mess he was wearing and went after Dani who had already made it out into the hall.

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net/t1454-problems-to-work-out#18715

((Didn't want to take up the thread))

Back to top Go down

Post by Airen Auditoren Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Airen bowed his head sheepishly when he finished saying what he said. He felt that maybe he'd wait on being Mr. Smooth a few years. He was only 12, almost 13, and was also quite shy. He hadn't had many friends, much less a girlfriend, at his old school.

"If only we could, but we have other people who care for us, too," he reminded her. He shot a quick glance over at Cobalt. Well, it was intended to be quick, but his eyes stayed glued to the scene unfolding before him. He remembered a similar scene unfolding at the last ball. He was just thankful that it wasn't him or Charlotte involved in it this time.

Airen released Charlotte's lips reluctantly. When the song had ended, he led her to a table and sat down next to her. He grabbed a cup of water and sipped at it lightly. When the little soap opera was finished, he thought in his head, Not pretty.
Airen Auditoren
Airen Auditoren
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Parker made a fake pout as she laughed at him, and poked his cheek. He laughed a little himself though, he'd never heard her snort when laughing before, it was kinda of amusing. "Mm, no thanks, I think I'm good for right now." He said, smiling. He wished that one day they could spend a summer together.

He just had to smile and nod in agreement to Pyxis comment about being able to walk in heals so fast. He didn't even get why girls would wear them, all he heard them complain about was how much they hurt. Why not just wear flat shoes? At least without Pyxis wearing them she was at around his height, it would be weird to walk around with her taller then him.

He let her just tug him around where she had pleased and she then stopped at a chair to put down her shoes. When she turned around with that wicked grin on her face. He sighed, this meant no good for him. He sighed again when she had practically demanded they dance. "Pyx...can't we just....eat or talk to other people instead?" he tried to suggest.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Darren crashed through the doors of the Great Hall, and he wiped the perspiration from his forehead, and he dusted his suit and panted a little, before regaining his composure and walking to get a drink.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mace Balfour Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Mace strolled into the Great Hall searching for anyone he knew. He spotted Keiba and walked over to her, quickly picking up a drink on the way.
When he got closer, Mace saw that Salina was there as well.
"Hey Keib!" Mace smiled happily as he punched her gently in the arm. He turned to Salina. "Hi there Salina."

Mace grinned and subconsiously checked his outfit. He was wearing a long sleeved, white shirt and a black vest over the top, and long black pants. It had taken him yonks to get his hair under control. It seemed to have decided that it was going to have a life of its own today.

Mace Balfour
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dahlia Barnette Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Dahlia walked through the doors of the Great Hall after searching for about half an hour. It was all new to her. To be honest, Lia thought it was a great way to start the year. With a party! Then again, she knew no one.

I don't know anyone here. Maybe I shouldn't have come. She looked around the beautifully decorated hall, yet assuring herself she could have done much better. There didn't seem to be many first years there. She was a bit mad that there was no one there to talk to. I'm a girl. I'm sure some guy will be lonely here and decide to come talk to me. If there are any decent guys at this school, that is.

Although she was a bit stuck up, her looks that night did hide that fact. Her dress was a sky-blue colour and it hung beautifully just above her knees. Her hair was wavy and smooth and swayed with every movement she made. She looked rather innocent and sweet, which she was, when she wanted to be.

Not knowing what to do, she sat down by a table and looked at the group of girls chatting and complimenting each other. She felt jealous, but she tried to push that emotion out of her body. There was no way that Dahlia Barnett would ever be jealous of other girls.

Dahlia Barnette
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:36 pm

Keiba grinned and glanced up as her best friend approached. "Mace- ooowwww! Did you really have to?!" She rubbed her arm where he'd punched her, even though it hadn't really hurt. She stood up, then punched him back on the shoulder, a lot harder than he'd punched her. She grinned.

Keiba laughed as she realised that his hair was neatly combed and gelled. "How long did it take you?" she asked, pointing to the actually quite nice-looking hair on top his noggin.

Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:53 am

Alcyone grinned back at Jaycie as she looked around to see where Haley had vanished off to. Seeing she was occupied with a Gryffindor and Charlotte, she turned her full attention to Jay - her other best friend - and fixed a soft smile on her face. She knew it wouldn't trick Jaycie into believing everything was fine, she already knew of her problems. Her smile faltered a bit as she thought that. "Thanks." She finally returned with a light blush on her cheeks.

Alcyone stared down at her feet, for just as she had expected, Jay had noticed her bloodshot eyes. She shuffled her feet and fiddled with a green piece of fabric off of her dress. She bit her lip, un-sure of how to respond. With a sigh, she stepped closer to Jaycie and decided she would tell her. Everyone else was busy with their own matters, to busy to notice the two of them talking about such private matters. "Well, erm, its just... Ella's all alone now. Cae's attending Hogwarts this year, and im so worried about her. I've been crying a lot because I didn't want to leave her alone with our tutor, but there's nothing Cae or I can do." Alcy choked on a sob and looked down at her violently shaking hands.

She shook her head and tried to get rid of the thoughts. A fake smile was plastered onto her face as she looked back up at Jay. "S-shall we dance?" She asked in a desperate tone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:43 am

When Parker and Pyxis walked past Haley, Alcyone and Jaycie, Haley beamed at the two of them. Feeling a bit left out in the conversation between Alcyone and Jaycie, she walked away and over to where Pyxis and Parker had sat down. She smiled at them.

"Hey guys, may I join you?" she asked kindly.

She was happy to see Parker again, and Pyxis too. The girl was starting to grown on Haley, even without them having talked much other than on the train home the summer.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:37 am

Charlotte smiled happily at Airen and as the song came to an end she looked around and wondered why Airen had looked at one spot for so long, it seemed as if something was going on that she didn't know about, and she saw her father just slipping out of the hall with the demon from the DADA class, Raziel.

Gasping lightly like a fish, Charlotte blinked lightly and she tried to remember what her father said, that she was the most important girl in his life, but she didn't understand why he would do something like this in front of her, when he knew she was there.

Charlotte knew what he was going to be getting up to and she just smiled weakly at Airen, taking a drink of butterbeer and sniffling lightly;

"That was a lovely dance, thank you Air."
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucia Henley Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:59 am

Lucia walked into the Great Hall from behind the Trophy Room. She walked up to the staff table and smiled as she saw Sofia, Briony and Richard. She gave a wave to Briony and then walked over to Sofia.

"Hello beautiful," she said happily and looked at Sofia's dress. It was magnificent.

She felt slightly underdressed when she looked around the crowd of people. She just hadn't felt like taking on a fabulous dress that day. She really just wanted to be able to move as if she was wearing her normal clothes. She sat down, and noticed Cobalt Smith and Raziel Ciero being there. Lucia blinked and thought that maybe she ought to say hello. But then she decided that by the look of them, they seemed to be talking about something very private. She turned to Sofia again.

"So, how is this ball then? Better than the last?" she asked with a wink.

It might be too early to joke about it, but Lucia had always had a good way of just forgetting things, letting them all just go. A skill she developed when becoming a healer.
Lucia Henley
Lucia Henley
Hogwarts Professor

http://theavengers.forummotions.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:00 am

Senium saw that there was a young girl, around her age, who was on her own, perhaps she was a first year too! There seemed to be quite a few of them here now, and she wondered who she should go up to and speak with, there was a large group of girls next to one of the first year girls, who she hoped would include her rather than leave her out. Then there was one that seemed to be completely on her own, and bored out of her skull as she was playing cards with herself.

Motioning to Ash, she asked quietly; "Do you think we should go over and ask if she wants some company?"
Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:30 am

Sofia was talking to Cobalt about children when some lady she had never met came up to them and stole Cobalt away. Next thing she say she could not have believed happened this lady whoever it was walked right up to Angelus and the woman he was with yelled at him about cheating and then dumped a drink all over him, and then his date did the same.

Sofia new it was too go to be true that he had changed his ways, they have been teaching for a year together and still have never talked to each other. So she watched Cobalt take off with this woman so once again she was left to talk to herself.

Sofia heard someone coming up to her and she looked up and it was Lucia.

"Well hello beautiful to you too Lucia." Sofia smiled as she sat down.

"I would say this is diffidently better than the last one. Watching my ex get two drinks dumped on him made my night." Sofia had to laugh

"How was your summer, Lucia?"
Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Airen Auditoren Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:18 am

Airen whipped his head toward Charlotte when he heard her gasp. She was looking toward Cobalt with what appeared to be hurt in her eyes. He didn't know why she'd be hurt, but he'd never had a true fatherly figure before. Thus, he knew that maybe that was something he could not relate to.

With out a word, he wrapped his arms lightly around Charlotte. He rubbed her back soothingly. He heard her sniffle and felt bad for her, but he didn't want to pour salt on the fresh wound by asking what was wrong. For now, he'd just be the comforting shoulder to cry on.

"It was nothing, you really are a wonderful dancing partner," he complimented. He smiled lightly at her and sipped his water, letting the cool, pure liquid run down his throat.
Airen Auditoren
Airen Auditoren
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:19 pm

Quantum physics? He didn't let his confusion show on his face. Maybe a muggle thing. As the song died down he figured he'd kept Tess away from Victoria long enough.

"How about we grab something to eat? Maybe Luke will show up soon enough."

His cousin had been staying with him over the summer, but he'd lost track of him once they got to the school for the ball. He wasn't quite sure what could be taking him so long, but shrugged it off, figuring he'd show up when he was ready.

As they made their way to the food table he asked, "So how was the rest of your summer? I didn't get a chance to ask at your parents' party." He couldn't help sending her a meaningful look and an accompanying smirk at the memory.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Willow Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Natasha hadn't had much reason to dress up in the mountains, so had decided to play it safe with a basic cocktail dress. She knew this ball was more for the students, so hadn't bothered worrying about her hair. Besides, she didn't know anyone there, so why worry about impressing.

As she entered the Great Hall, she felt like she was 11 years old again. It had been a few years since she had left and, as much as she liked her life outside of this place, it had always felt like a safe haven. As much as a castle of stone could.

Seeing a couple of female teacher sitting and laughing, she thought she may as well introduce herself. Passing by the beverage table to get some butterbeer, It's too early for alcohol, she approached their table.

"Mind if I join you too? I'm Natasha, new professor for Care of Magical Creatures."

Natasha Willow
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:03 am

Charlotte sucked at her lip peircings a little to calm hersel down and she knew that there might be a reason that her Papa had left her, she was still a little scared of there being another attack after all, but there was no sigh of one yet, deciding that she would just ask him later what was wrong, Charlotte wouldn't ruin her night.

Hugging Airen back, Charlotte smiled happily and she looked around for the food table, getting a little bit hungry and she looked at Airen, then back at the table;

"Do you want to get something to drink?" she asked

Blushing a little bit when he said that she was a good dance partner she added; "Well I do learn from the best. I was a lot worse before I started going to these balls." she smiled gently, remembering what her Mama had said once to her.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Airen Auditoren Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Airen smiled when he felt Charlotte calm down and hug him back. He was glad that she'd decided not to have a repeat of their first year. He mentally brushed that memory from his train of thought, not wanting to dwell on the past. He stood up with an arm around her waist led her over to the snacks and whatever else the elves had prepared for them.

"I'm feeling a bit hungry myself, so let's get something to eat," he suggested. He stood up with an arm around her waist led her over to the snacks and whatever else the elves had prepared for them.

Airen ducked his head down at her comment on him being the best. He smiled shyly. "Well, now your much better, so you don't have to worry about it," he said.
Airen Auditoren
Airen Auditoren
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next