Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hogwarts Ball (Open to all Hogwarts Professors and Students)

+25
Mace Balfour
Raziel Ciero
Ariana Jenkins
Zara Hawkins
Sofia Slytherin
Xander Clarke
Victoria Rossmund
Cobalt Smith
Richard Romain
Tess McCartney
Parker Emery
Lolly Hart
Airen Auditoren
Eva Jordon
Anne Jones
Eric Laterman
Teresa Maria King
Keiba Namid
Jaycie Simple
Ash Johnson
Senium Nex
Haley Vilde Smith
Sam Hawthorn
Charlotte Smith
Briony Romain
29 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Hogwarts Ball (Open to all Hogwarts Professors and Students) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hogwarts Ball (Open to all Hogwarts Professors and Students)

Post by Airen Auditoren Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Airen smiled when Charlotte wrapped her arms around him in one of her hugs. He returned the hug firmly and placed a kiss on her cheek. She truly looked beautiful in her red dress. He listened to the music and felt like dancing.

"Care to dance?" he asked, inclining his head toward the dance floor.

"Thank you, Charlotte. You look stunning, truly," Airen said, feeling content with life right now. He smiled and looked around at all the happy people in the room.
Airen Auditoren
Airen Auditoren
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

The Hogwarts Ball (Open to all Hogwarts Professors and Students) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Hogwarts Ball (Open to all Hogwarts Professors and Students)

Post by Richard Romain Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Richard and Cobalt showed up at the ball at the same time, both adjusting their suits to look better, using each other's reactions as some kind of a mirror. Grinning, Richard shook his head as he and Cobalt parted ways and went into the party itself. As if homming in, Richard ducked and weaved through the throng of students to reach the high table. He smiled as he wrapped his arms around Briony from behind,

"The castle is secure meine leibling." he whispered into her ear with a smile, "No one will interrupt our dance tonight."

Smirking, he spun Briony lightly round to face him. He kissed her on the lips,

"Hello you two..." he knelt down and kissed Briony's small baby bump with a grin, "How are my girls doing tonight?"
Richard Romain
Richard Romain
Admin

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Cobalt chuckled at Richard's small joke just as the two of them were arriving at the hall. Ignoring his friend's little jokes about his appearance, Cobalt wandered into the crowd of students and professors. As he moved through the students he gave Charlotte a peck on the cheek,

"Hello Char... you look wonderful." he told her honestly before smiling at Airen, "Try not to step on her toes Airen. But you too have a good evening. I'll do the cool dad thing and not get over protective."

Smiling and giving the two a little wave, Cobalt moved over to where most of the professors were milling around. Picking up a drink, Cobalt sniffed it once before passing it up for another. He disliked firewhiskey after all. As he started to sip at his new drink, Cobalt reflected on the fact that in a hall full of couples, he had no one to dance with. He shrugged it off. He was the happiest he'd ever been, just being a proud and loving father.
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

The Hogwarts Ball (Open to all Hogwarts Professors and Students) - Page 3 Empty The Hogwarts Ball (Open to all Hogwarts Professors and Students)

Post by Teresa Maria King Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:36 pm

Teresa woke up when someone tried to get her dance. That person must have left since she didn't responded. Feeling refreshed, Teresa looked around and stopped a girl in her year, alone. Her name was Anne something.

Curiosity struck her when she saw the word 'Freak' on the girl's face and 'Mudblood' on her arm. Interesting. Teresa got up and went over to her.

"Hello," Teresa said. "I'm Teresa King. How are you enjoying this ball?"

Teresa Maria King
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Briony Romain Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:19 am

Briony smiled lightly when she saw Lolly pushing her way through the crowd towards her, she was very glad that she was able to make it to the ball tonight, and she was honored that she felt like it would be something she would want to attend, Briony, as not many people would know, actually wanted people to like her, and enjoy what she did.

"Hello Lolly, I'm so glad that you came, I hoped that you would do, you have your night off tonight, no cleaning or tidying up while you're going along, okay?" she smirked lightly.

Seeing her husband come in, Briony smiled happily and hugged him lightly when he approached, all these baby hormones were making her act a little differently than she would have done normally, and she kissed his cheek with a small laugh, watching him bend down to kiss her slight bump, Briony grinned.

"We're both doing wonderfully love, and the ball seems to have gotten off to a good start I would say." she said looking around.
Briony Romain
Briony Romain
Hogwarts Headmistress

https://hogwartsvsdurmstrang.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:05 am

Victoria tried not to let her nerves about the ball show. The memories from the ball didn't surface often now, but as she got ready it was fresh in her mind. She had done similar things to get ready last time, the hair, the makeup. Her style had changed to a more natural look this time, but it still felt the same. She'd gone with an emerald green dress this time, the jewel tone complimenting her summer tan.

When she finally made her way to the hall she stopped to take a final deep breath. She had studied hard last year to prepare herself for any other attacks, but she knew she was only a teenager.

The hall looked beautiful as always, the Headmistress always did a fantastic job. She saw Tess over at a table by herself, probably feeling the same way Victoria did. She grabbed a plate of the wonderful looking food and made her way over to the table.

As she passed the other students she smiled at them, happy that they were having a good time. For a moment she felt old. Some of them were at the ball during the last attack, as first years, but some of them were lucky enough to still be able to enjoy this night the way it should be enjoyed.

She sighed and sat down, "This night better end well or I may turn muggle." She tried to smile at Tess.

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:46 am

Charlotte smiled happily when Airen asked her if she would like the dance Airen was a lovely dancer, and she still remembered when they had danced for the first time together, it was something she doubted she could forget.

"Yes please I would love to dance."

Then she noticed that her Papa was here and she couldn't help but think how handsome he looked in his best for the dance, smiling to Uncle Richie, Charlotte returned Cobie's kiss to her cheek when he came over, and flushed when he called her beautiful;

"Thank you Papa, I didn't get to make the dress this time, but I altered it a little, it looks nice still though." she grinned, glad that he wasn't going to be putting his hand through any chests like he did at the last ball.

Gently she squeezed Airen's hand with a smile, and although seeing her Papa on his own, she knew that there was nothing that she could do, at least for the time being, and that he would only urge her to go off and dance anyway, regardless of whether he wanted company or not.

Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:18 am

Tess smiled brightly as she saw Victoria. Someone who understood it clearly. She sipped her punch and was glad that she had someone who could entertain herself.

"I know what you mean I'd gladly follow you to the muggle world. I'm sick of attacks, gets me on edge" 

She stole a piece of fruit from Victoria's plate and smiled cheekily

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Airen Auditoren Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:58 am

Airen shook Cobalt's hand firmly. He hoped the man wouldn't have to intervene this ball. Even with the surprise attack, Airen's worst memory that night was seeing Charlotte cry because of Humphrey. The thought of the boy made Airen wonder where he was. He hadn't seen him for a while.

"After all the lessons my aunt gave me, I find that highly unlikely, messere (sir)," Airen replied, a tiny smirk on his face. He turned back to Charlotte when Cobalt had left. He was glad that she'd accepted his offer of a dance. He led her to the dance floor.

"I like dancing with you," Airen said as they danced to a slow waltz. He spun he under his arm. He looked around at the other couples dancing. He smiled and returned his gaze to the beauty in his arms. He placed a kiss on her cheek, not wanting to be too forward and kissing her on the lips, even if he wanted too.
Airen Auditoren
Airen Auditoren
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaycie Simple Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Jaycie flushed and looked down with a smile when Alcy said she looked wonderful. "Takes one to know one," Jay returned with a grin, looking Alcyone in the eye again. She bit her lip as Pyxis pushed past her and refrained from laughing. For some reason, the ball atmosphere was lending her confidence and Jay quite liked it.

Glancing back at her Slytherin friend, she frowned. "I missed you too, but... It's not me who should be asked those questions. You know I'm fine." For the first time, Jay noticed the red cracks throughout Alcyone's eyes. They were bloodshot. Jaycie gasped, "Alcy, you've been crying! What's wrong? Did something else happen?" Her voice lowered to hush at the last remark. She was quite certain Alcy didn't want every single person knowing her personal problems.

Concern racked through her body as she remembered the haunted look about Alcyone's siblings that day at the park.

Jaycie Simple
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiba Namid Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:02 pm

Keiba lost track of everything that was going on; it was happening so fast that it whirled past her. She was absently staring at the door, wondering if Mace or Humphrey would join them when she saw another familiar face enter silently and seat herself at a table.

Grabbing two drinks of punch, Keiba made her way over with a smile. "Salina," she said, sitting down. She slid the drink over to her fellow Ravenclaw. Keiba didn't know much about anyone else's holidays, but it seemed that Salina's hadn't been so great - at least not from the depressed look in her eyes.

"Hey - are you alright? You look really distant." Keiba's brows furrowed in concern.
Keiba Namid
Keiba Namid
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander Clarke Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Xander strolled into the ball, used to fancy shindigs like this. He usually hated the parties his parents threw, but one of his peers may not be so bad. He didn't know them all very well, noticing a lot of second years he'd never formally met.

He caught sight of the one he was looking for and smirked. Walking over to the table he sent a friendly smile to Victoria before turning his attention to Tess. He knew, from the party this summer, that heels weren't her particular cup of tea, but he loved seeing her dress up. It wasn't that he could appreciate being comfortable, but when she dressed up it was like she was transforming into the girl that he knew she was. The one he loved.

What am I, some stupid sap? His mind rebelled. He had spent some time thinking before school started up and he was done trying to be someone his parents expected him to be. If he was a sap, so what.

Clearing his throat he held out his hand, "May I have this dance? If Victoria doesn't mind me stealing you, that is." His usual smirk was in place.

Xander Clarke
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Tess was having a better time now that Victoria was there, it was as if she didn't have to force any sort of conversation with people that, while she got along with, weren't too close to her and didn't really know her, but Victoria did.

Stealing a few fruits from her plate, soon ended as she saw Xander appear. She smiled slightly at him and it widened seeing him spot her. She knew that while she didn't like dressing up, it seemed that it was when she did, that they had time to talk to one another more. That, and she admitted to herself that he was pretty handsome in his suit.

"He's here" she whispered to Victoria.

As he saw down, she turned to face him, and was happy that he not only sat next to her, but was friendly to her friend. Asking her to dance, was something that she was surprised, but nodded grabbing his hand slightly.

"I'd love to" she said blushing "I'll be right back Victoria I promise" she said.

She got up and looked at him expectantly. It was a big step, showing everyone that they were together.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Hart Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Lolly smirked lightly at Briony. "I'll try," she said, "But no promises!" She grinned as Richard came up behind Briony and hugged her. Lolly had always admired the Romains. They were the perfect couple, very well-matched. It wasn't awkward around them at all, not even when they showed their displays of affection in public.

Turning around, Lolly admired the finery of the Great Hall. She tried to ignore the swirls of colourful emotions from the dancers below but they were actually quite soothing as they washed over her - love, confusion, joy, entertainment, shyness, embarrassment. It was quite the cocktail.

Lolly Hart
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Johnson Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Ash grinned. "Pleasure to meet you too, Senium. Nice name you have," he said truthfully. It was quite unusual, but still really nice. At her next comment he nodded. "Yeah, you're the first one I've seen. Hopefully they start springing up all over the place soonish."

Ash looked around at the decorations again, and breathed a small, "Sure is," before turning back to Senium. "Do you want anything to drink?" He was suddenly very aware that they were just standing there and felt he needed to do something.

Ash Johnson
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sofia Slytherin Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:56 pm

Sofia decided that maybe it was best this time for her to come out of her tower, she had not seen anything telling her that maybe it was not a good thing. She was getting really tired of being a loner, tired of not having anyone to talk to. She had spent all of last year hiding away trying to avoid Angelus but she was not going to do it this year, she wanted to have a life, make a friend.

She had drinks with the headmistress a few times, and even had met her friend Jonathan once or twice but it was not the same. Sofia had spent extra time getting ready, she had bought this beautiful slender looking green dress, that made her look divine.

Walking into the hall she was amazed at all of the people that were in attendance, but not rally seeing anyone to talk to she made her way around, making idol chat to people along the way.

Looking around the room a little closer she noticed Colbalt Smith sitting all alone sipping on a drink and thought maybe she would go over and chat. He looked alone, she was alone, no sense talking to ourselves.

"Good evening Colbalt, I trust your enjoying your evening." Sofia noticed he was actually watching his daughter, by not trying to be to obvious.

"It is very hard to let children go sometimes, we always want them around." Sofia smiled

Sofia Slytherin
Sofia Slytherin
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:04 am

Damien had never been the type of guy to go to a school dance but he had promised Tessa that he would meet her there. He had a busy summer and he was so sick of everything including Tabi. Damien got so sick about hearing about Ivano he wanted to hex her six ways from Sunday. Their parents had made them attend one too many balls together over the summer and he was not sure how he was ever going to change his parents ideas.

Once arriving at the dance he went to look for anyone he could find, he find Anne trying to hide away in a little spot so he went up to her.

"Anne, are you going to hide away in this little corner all night, or did you want to have some fun?" Damien knew everyone had a trying time right before the end of school but he was ready to face everything.

Damien was not going sit around and wait for Tessa to come, he was going to start talking to whomever he could and currently that was Anne.

"Come on Anne, you better talk to me or I am going to take you onto the dance floor."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:22 am

Tessa was excited, she had never been to a dance before. And over the summer she got to know her adoptive father just a little bit better. But all she wanted was Damien, she went the whole summer without seeing or hearing from him. Tonight she left Yasmina up in her room. Because tonight she was going to be dancing with Damien and wouldn't need her. Some of the girls in her dorm made sure that tonight Tessa looked beautiful.

Once she walked in the room she just stood there. Waiting for Damien to come over to her. Tessa wasn't sure about the heels that she was wearing. She was told they would look good with her dress. But she felt like she could twist her ankles at any minute. Tessa was a little uncomfortable in her dress. It was a strapless, something that she wouldn't usually wear. And when she would touch her dress, she loved the colors.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Jones Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:46 am

Anne looked over at Damien and sighed. "Hello" she said softly. she didn't know what to say. She was really stupid to come to the dance. She didn't want to be here. She glared at Damien saying that if he dragged her anywhere she would hex him into the next century. She didn't take to kindly to being forced to do anything, not even dance.

Deciding that he wasn't going to just leave her alone she thought she'd have to talk to him. "Damien, I'm really not in the mood." she said and tried to find something to direct his attention away from herself. The thing that could just walked in looking great. Anne felt extremely jealous. Tessa was blind and still look amazing. Yet here she was with plenty of scars and a boring black dress.

"Your girlfriend looks nice." She said inclining her head in Tessa's direction. "looks like she's waiting for you." She said hoping he'd leave. No one understood.

Anne Jones
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:36 am

Haley beamed at Pyxis. "Well, it was worth the effort," she said, looking Pyxis up and down; it truly was a beautiful dress.

She then turned to Alcyone and smiled softly at her. Alcyone was always. Beautiful. It radiated from her, really, making Haley feel very happy around her. She guessed that was the impact Alcyone had on people, as long as they got to know her.

Haley then gave Alcyone a look that said 'you better', knowing that Alcyone would tell her if she just pushed her enough. Besides, they'd practically sworn to trust each other with hurting details of their life, as well as the good ones.

She beamed at both Alcyone and Keiba. "Right, calm," she said, breathing deeply.

When Haley saw Sam go with a guy she didn't know, she smiled and returned to Alcyone and Jaycie. Keiba had gone over to Salina, who really didn't look that good. Meaning: the dress was beautiful, but she looked... dead. Her eyes didn't hold any kind of light.

"So, how was your summers," she asked the two of them.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Hawkins Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:52 am

Zara had enjoyed finally getting to spend time with her dad over the summer. Her dad had heard about the ball. Zara wasn't too keen on going, mainly because she didn't own one single dress. Before she left to come back to shool, her dad surprised her with a beautifully made dress.

She knew it had been made just for her because of the colours. It was white and had purple, curly patterns around the bottom. The same as the colours on her fur when she transforms into a wolf. It was knee-length and had laces down the front. She did feel like going once she knew she had a nice dress to wear.

She glanced into the great hall before entering, examining everyone who was there. She slowly made her way into the hall, gazing around at all the beautiful decorations. She wondered if anyone would recognise her since she looked a lot different that night. She had let her hair grow over the year so it was now down to her waist. She had curled it and just decided to let it hang loose.

She hadn't seen her friend Xander Hall for a while. She did feel there was a slight connection between them and she was hoping he'd turn up at the ball. Not sure of what to do, she sat down at a table and admired the decorations.

Zara Hawkins
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:38 am

Haley looked around and saw Zara sitting down by a table, and she looked absolutely beautiful. Haley had never seen her like this, and it had gone a moment or two before she realised it was her. She looked at her until she got eyecontact and then waved her over. Haley didn't think it was any fun to see people sitting alone at a ball, whether they wanted to or not.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Smith Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:46 am

Charlotte couldn't help but thank her stars that Cobie liked Air, after all, she didn't want another repeat of the Humphrey incident, and she hadn't known where he had gone this year, he wasn't there for most of the last school term and she hoped that the boy was alright.

When she was lead to the dancefloor, Charlotte put her hand through a loop that she had attached to her skirt, to keep it off the floor while she danced, blushing a little bit already, Charlotte got into the correct stance, with her handon Airen's shoulder, and the other in his own hand.

"I'm glad that you do, you've come back for more after all..." she giggled lightly, being spun under his arm Charlotte returned to her position with ease and smiled, her smile only growing when Airen kissed her cheek, placing a peck on his lips, Charlotte blushed even more, thinking about how wonderful this night could be.
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Slytherin Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Senium Nex Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:56 am

Senium smiled happily and she was glad that someone liked her name, it was unusual, but her parents had decided that it would be something apt to name her, it was a little hurtful sometimes, but she knew that they hadn't meant it in a mean way.

"Thank you, it's Latin." she smiled cheerfully "Hopefully they will, after all, it's going to be pretty lonely without any first years around, guessing we'd be seeing a lot of each other though."

Looking around for the drinks table, Senium nodded her head with a happy little laugh; "I would love a drink, they all seem to look pretty nice."

Waiting to see if Ash was going to follow her, Senium began to walk over to the drinks table and poured herself a drink, before pouring one for Ash as well.

Senium Nex
Senium Nex
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobalt Smith Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:12 am

Cobalt shook his head a little to focus it before smiling faintly at Sofia. He was grateful for the conversation, it took his mind from the darker areas. If he'd stayed like that too long he probably would have started to think about dances he'd attended a long time ago. He chuckled a little bit as he gestured at Charlotte,

"Charlotte came into my life later than most daughters do for their fathers." he told her with a smile, "But I love her all the more for it. Our bond is deep but it's not in me to stiffle her, to smother her."

He sighed and downed his drink,

"No matter how much I wish to."
Cobalt Smith
Cobalt Smith
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next