Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Much Needed Training (Humphrey and Kiera)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Much Needed Training (Humphrey and Kiera) - Page 2 Empty Re: Much Needed Training (Humphrey and Kiera)

Post by Humphrey Williams Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:04 am

"Thanks, I guess I just didn't notice how much I've changed. It does cause you to grow up in some ways." Humphrey said, thinking about how he had to come to terms with it. He still felt like a monster on occasion, but it had gotten a lot better.

Getting to his feet as well, he prepared himself for a beating. "I wouldn't expect you to learn something that wasn't effective Kiera. You arent the type to do something just because it looks cool." Stretching a little bit, he took a couple deep breaths. "Alright, I'm willing to give it a go. This is when I'm glad I'm tougher than the average person. Still going to get the snot beat out of me though."
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Much Needed Training (Humphrey and Kiera) - Page 2 Empty Re: Much Needed Training (Humphrey and Kiera)

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:01 am

"Another tip: keep the humility for classes and everyday life, not for battles. Many battles can be won on bluff alone. Doesn't matter if you think you can't win, but don't let your opponent know that." Kiera cracked her knuckles slightly, then bared her teeth in a smile that must have become pretty familiar to Humphrey. "Let's get this training started."

Kiera practically lunged, flinging her hand out sideways to attack Humphrey's ribs. If that blow connected, even if Humphrey blocked it, it was going to hurt. A lot. Well, hopefully Humphrey had that famous werewolf tolerance for pain, otherwise he was going to have a good deal of problems indeed.
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:32 pm

"Okay, I'll make sure to remember that. Could definitely come in handy if I am trying to avoid a fight." Kiera had good advice, he knew she could teach him a lot. She cracked her knuckles, and then bared her teeth, which unsettled him a little bit. "I don't think I'm ever going to get used to that dangerous smile of yours."

He was quicker than most people, but it was still hard to fight somebody like Kiera. All he could do was dive out of the way, and he barely managed to avoid it. Humphrey got back up and tried to sweep her legs out from under her. It wasn't likely to work, but better than just being on defense all the time.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:03 am

"Hmm.....so you do have the werewolf reflexes after all. The boots help, but your own training has a large part to play in it I think." Kiera nodded in approval when Humphrey dodged her blow, but barely. She could see that her smile unsettled Humphrey ever so slightly, so she smiled wider than ever. "I hear that you've faced Raven Drake, one of the craziest women in existence, and come out alive. Surely you can bear this much, unless you're too complacent of course." Kiera mocked intentionally. She intended to get Humphrey irritated, if not angry, because Humphrey needed a bit more aggression while fighting, which anger could possibly give him.

Her eyes widened ever so slightly when Humphrey aimed for her legs, not many actually tried offence on her. She leaped above the ground to dodge the blow, then came down with her elbow directed towards Humphrey's shoulder.
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:16 am

"I'm not going to just let you beat up on me without at least trying not to get hit." he told her, grinning just a bit. She was trying to unsettle him by smiling even wider, but he just pushed the thoughts about how dangerous it looked out of his mind. "Well she wasn't actually trying to injure me seriously, but it was still pretty scary. Of course I can handle it, I'm not a pushover." Humphrey said, a bit of an edge to his voice.

She jumped above his attempt to sweep her legs with a quick jump. He expected her to come down with an attack, and he wasn't surprised to see her elbow heading towards him. Somersaulting forward, he avoided it, and then quickly came at her with a jab intended for the right side of her back.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:49 am

Oh yeah, this was fun. Kiera hadn't done hand-to-hand combat in ages. Lack of practice hadn't dulled her reflexes though, which was why she could avoid the jab to her back with ease. She smiled wider when Humphrey got the teeniest bit irritated, it certainly did wonders for his fighting because his blow to her back was slightly stronger.

Kiera turned around and took a mocking bow, designed to get Humphrey even more irritated. Then she extended her hand out, and gestured to Humphrey with her long fingers. "You know what, I'm going to stop attacking now. Come attack me. Is that really the best you can do? Maybe I overestimated your abilities after all." The last line was a complete lie, Humphrey was very talented and Kiera knew it. But if this lie could help Humphrey get better, then why not?
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:14 am

He was enjoying this a lot, hand-to-hand combat was something he had always wanted to learn. Now Humphrey was doing it, he was enjoying himself a lot. Smiling along with Kiera, he thought about what to do next. She was definitely good, he wondered how long it had been since she'd last done this though.

His jaw dropped when she went into a mocking bow. "Alright, that's it! You are going down!" Humphrey ran at her and tried a jab to the stomach with his right, and a left uppercut. Then he followed it up with a sidekick, he wanted to land at least one blow. Right now it was just embarrassing, and it was starting to tick him off a bit.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Humphrey was looking mad now. Good, that was exactly what Kiera wanted. In a burst of speed, he ran and attacked her stomach, a blow that Kiera dodged by bare millimetres. Next came an uppercut and Kiera ducked, actually hearing Humphrey's fist cut through the air, avoiding it by a hair's breadth. The force behind the blows had increased significantly, the werewolf strength increasing with the added effect of anger.

Then came the sidekick and Kiera could dodge no longer. She blocked it with her arm, and winced very slightly. Sure, she had faced much worse and the blow wouldn't bruise, but it took a lot to make Kiera wince. So she shot Humphrey a smile, a real one, "Well done. I should wind you up more often."
Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:02 am

"Finally! I thought I would never make contact with you." he admitted, relaxing a bit now. Smiling back at her, he thought about what he'd done differently. The anger, that was the change, Humphrey had let the thrill of battle take over. "So that's what it's like to be in a fight with you. What surprises me is you only winced though, that was pretty much as hard as I could hit. You're tougher than nails."

It puzzled him how a regular human could withstand his werewolf-enhanceed strength. One answer that presented itself is she could have an amulet or other artifact that protected her. Hell, she might just be that tough regularly. "This was so much more fun than fighting with wands, thanks for the lesson Kiera."
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera de Auvergne Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:14 pm

"If you continue to train, then you'll learn to hit ten times as hard as that." Kiera lifted her robe sleeve and checked. Hmm, she was right, no bruise. "You haven't utilized your werewolf-enhanced strength properly yet, you'll have to know how to project it and control it. I'm sure you'll be able to with time."

Kiera then reclined on the seat behind the counter. "Besides, what makes me wince will make most of your opponents scream, so you don't need to worry. And yeah, in a way, I had fun too. I haven't battled hand-to-hand in ages." Kiera looked up at Humphrey and smiled slightly, "I'll be expecting you to continue working in the shop as usual, and maybe we'll train again some time next week. And that time, I expect you to actually hit me."

Kiera de Auvergne
Kiera de Auvergne
Hogwarts Professor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2