Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interrupted Reading (Josh and Esmerelda)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Interrupted Reading (Josh and Esmerelda) Empty Interrupted Reading (Josh and Esmerelda)

Post by Josh Night Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:34 am

Josh was at the Roman Ampitheatre because his father was home, and he wanted some peace and quiet. This had been one of his favorite places to escape to ever since he was thirteen. Something about it made him relax; now, coming here had become a habit for him. Today, he was here reading Dante's Inferno, which was excellent so far. He could imagine plays and other things being performed here.

After he'd read a couple pages, he heard a noise echo up to him. It sounded like footsteps, and he wondered who else would be here. Setting his book down, Josh looked around, still didn't see anybody. "Hello? Who's there?" Josh called out.
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Interrupted Reading (Josh and Esmerelda) Empty Re: Interrupted Reading (Josh and Esmerelda)

Post by Esmerelda Tenebrae Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:38 am

Esmerelda looked around the ampitheatre and she smiled gently, holding up her camera and taking a snap of some of the masonary that was around the arena, it was a truly beautiful place, and she thought that it would be good to do some photo shoots here for the next show she was putting on.

Click.

The soft noise of the shutters closing on her camera made her sigh happily and she was interrupted in her thought when she heard a man calling out from some of the stands, turning she smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of her head, ruffling her hair.

"Uh sorry!" she grinned "I guess sound carries in this place huh? I'm Esmerelda, and who, may I ask, are you?"
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Magical Celebrity

Back to top Go down

Interrupted Reading (Josh and Esmerelda) Empty Re: Interrupted Reading (Josh and Esmerelda)

Post by Josh Night Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:44 am

Finally, after she spoke, he saw her. Esmerelda, so that was her name. She was absolutely gorgeous, and it took him a little while to get his brain thinking again. When it did, he realized who she was, Esmerelda Tenebrae, the famous photographer and artist. Great, she's going to think I'm weird, sitting here reading a book.

"It's fine, and yea, the sound does kind of carry. I'm Josh Night." he said, making sure it was loud enough to carry down that way. Then he got up, and walked down so he could actually feel like it was a proper introduction. "Nice to meet you Miss Tenebrae." he said, and held out his hand.
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmerelda Tenebrae Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 am

Esmerelda smiled pleasantly when Josh introduced himself to her, he sounded and looked like he was a pleasant enough person and she thought that she needed to make friends with people who weren't all obsessed with getting at her private selection of art she kept for herself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Josh, whatcha reading there?" she asked in a friendly tone, bending down to try and get a look at the book in his hand, her long hair hanging down by her face as she did so.

Taking his hand, Esmerelda shook it gently, gave it a squeeze and then went to loosen the grip between the two of them, noting how soft his hands were, it was a nice quality to have she thought.

"I see you already know who I am." she blushed a little bit.
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Magical Celebrity

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Night Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:02 am

Her smile set him at ease. Josh thought that he'd be nervous, meeting a celebrity, but somehow he wasn't. He'd never seen a girl who was famous before, actually in person. Thankfully, it didn't seem like she was stuck up, which was a relief.

"I'm reading Dante's Inferno, it's a new spin on the classic Inferno by Dante. Pretty good, really, at least so far. Though, I think the original is better." he told her. Josh moved his hand over so she could see the title. "You here to take pictures?" Josh asked her.

Esmerelda gave a firm handshake, and Josh always thought handshakes said a lot about a person. Hers said she was confident and in control of herself, a good impression. She also had wonderfully soft hands, it felt nice. Pulling his hand away after, he wondered what she thought of a guy reading a book by himself in an amphitheatre.

"Yes, I love your paintings. They are wonderful, I never thought I'd get to meet you." Josh admitted, and blushed a soft pink.
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmerelda Tenebrae Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:08 am

Esmerelda made a small noise of recognition when she was told what the book was, she was actually planning some work on the seven deadly sins in terms of paintings and photography soon, for her next show in fact, there would be some photographs taken here in the costumes she was designing.

"I am indeed here to take pictures, funnily enough for a new shoot I'm doing based on some of Dante's Inferno, the whole seven deadly sins thing is really a passion of mine, very intriguing." she grinned ruffling her hair.

Seeing that he was blushing, Esmerelda smiled softly and decided not to mention it to him, most guys didn't like to be icked up on their blushes after all, but she did pick up on the fact that he liked her art, it made her beam happily.

"You do? Oh awesome!" she laughed happily "You ever been to a show of mine, I swear I've never seen you at one of them, you should come you know...next time."
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Magical Celebrity

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Night Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:38 am

It appeared that she recognized the book, which was a surprise to him. He hadn't expected her to be interested in something he was. Though, it shouldn't come as that big of a surprise, the inferno was classic literature.

"Oh really? That sounds quite interesting, actually. The seven deadly sins have always intrigued me as well if truth be told." Josh commented, and grinned a little bit.

Josh could feel that his cheeks were burning up, but Esmerelda chose not to mention it. However, he did notice that a soft smile played on her lips. A genuine grin broke out on his when she started to beam at him.

"Yes, I've always been a fan of yours." he said, a bit sheepishly. "I'm afraid I haven't been able to make it to one yet. Always been busy with work, cursebreaking has its disadvantages sometimes. Though, I'll definitely try to make it. When's your next show?" he asked her, smiling widely.
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmerelda Tenebrae Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:44 am

Esmerelda smiled gently, she was glad that she had found someone who was interested in the same thing that she was, although she had been very bad at school she was one for reading around the area that she was going to be doing a project on in her art, so she had read a few books about the seven deadly sins.

"Wow, I guess we snap on a few different things huh?" she asked with a happy little laugh "Did you come out here for a little peace and quiet or something? Or do you normally like to read here?"

Josh's smile seemed to be infectious, she hoped that he was thinking of seriously coming to her next show, she already was hoping that she would see him again sometime, she always hated to loose touch with anyone she met, it was a bad trait of hers.

"You're a cursebreaker?" she asked, intrigued "That sounds like it's very dangerous work...you've never gotten hurt going it have you? But my next show isn't for a while yet, unless I like you enough to show you my person collection." she teased with a wide grin.
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Magical Celebrity

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Night Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:02 am

The seven deadly sins were vices that could destroy a person. Something about them, was just so interesting. As an artist, he should have known she would find them intriguing. He'd just read about them because he could, and found it was quite compelling reading.

"Seems that we do Esmerelda." Josh said. It was a beautiful name, he'd always loved it, though this is the first time he'd met anybody with it. "I got into the habit when I was thirteen, and ever since it just stuck. Became a habit, I come out here for peace and quiet, to read, just relax. My house, well it isn't the most peaceful place." he said quietly. At home his dad made his life a personal hell, and he tried to spend as little time there as possible unless his sister was home.

Esmerelda was clearly thinking about something, and he wondered what it was. But, if she didn't mention it, perhaps he shouldn't ask. She certainly seemed like a friendly person, though, maybe she wouldn't mind.

"Yes, that is my profession." he said, nodding his head. "It is quite dangerous at times. I've gotten into a few scrapes here and there, but nothing that couldn't be cured by a few days in the hospital." Josh told her, grinning a bit. "Always loved danger if truth be told. A p-p-personal collection. Wow, I bet it's amazing." he mused dreamily, thinking about what would be in it.
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmerelda Tenebrae Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:06 am

Esmerelda smiled gently and she nodded her head when Josh told her that he had come into the habit of getting to the arena for a bit of peace and to relax properly, she was always able to relax at her home, however she lived in her own apartment on her own, not with her family like Josh seemed to do.

"Are your family really noisy?" she asked with a giggle "I'm an only child so I didn't really grow up with lots of screaming children running around the place, but it's got to be annoying when you're...how old are you?" she asked with a small frown.

Hearing that he had spent some time in hospital because of it, Esmerelda blinked and her mouth hung open a little bit; "Wow, I think I'll just stick to doing my job, I don't like hospitals even at the best of times." she shuddered "Well they're all of my favourite peices I didn't want to sell on, so they're my best work in my opinion."
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Magical Celebrity

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Night Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:47 am

Josh had considered getting an apartment for himself. But, despite how much he hated it there sometimes, it was home. If he was honest with himself, he didn't mind living there all that much. Anyways, he wasn't home a lot of the time, he spent a lot of time traveling for work.

"No, they aren't that noisy. It's just me and my dad most of the time. Except in the summers and for the occasional holiday, when my little sis is back from Hogwarts. I'm pretty busy traveling a lot of the time anyway, don't spend a ton of time at home. I'm twenty-three, getting up there I know." Josh said, joking a little bit.

He shrugged, he'd never minded the danger of the job. It seemed Esmerelda was a bit surprised though. "Haha, I think that's a good plan. I would miss your art if you were a cursebreaker anyways."{ he told her. "Wow, that sounds really cool. Anybody would be lucky to see that." Josh said, and he imagined what her best pieces would be like.
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmerelda Tenebrae Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:23 am

Esmerelda knew that sometimes she was considered a little too pushy, however she didn't think that people would answer her if she started to talk about a topic that they didn't want to elaborate on, however, it had gotten her into trouble a fair few times when in press meetings and shows. She just hoped she wasn't pushing too far with Josh.

"Awwwwww I see, how old is your little sister? I would have loved to have a little sister, but I don't think that's going to happen now, unless they decide to adopt." she giggled lightly, curling a strand of hair around her pale slender finger.

Grinning when Josh said he would miss her art if she became a curse breaker, Esmerelda couldn't help but feel proud of her work again, and how she had actually managed to prove all of those people at school, totally wrong.

"Well, would you be interested in coming to see the collection?" she asked a little bashfully "I would like it if you did."
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Magical Celebrity

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Night Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:13 am

Josh didn't really mind the questions, he was a curious person as well. He was a bit surprised that she was actually interested in him. It was nice, she was an easy person to talk to. For some reason Naomi telling him to find a girlfriend crossed his mind, and it made him blush a little bit.

"My little sister Naomi is fifteen. Gosh she's growing up, it's pretty crazy. Haha yea, having a little sister is great, I love her to death. Sometimes I feel like the younger one though, when she's giving me advice and telling me what to do." Josh laughed. Esmerelda was curling a little hair around her finger, and it was pretty cute.

He could tell that she was glad that he was actually a fan of her work. She was a very talented person, and deserved all the credit she got. All he could do was imagine what having that kind of talent could be like.

"Let me get this straight, you want me to come to your house and see your personal collection of art. Are you serious? That would be amazing!" he bellowed excitedly. "Wow, I can't believe you invited me, I feel like a pretty lucky guy." Josh said, smiling at her.
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmerelda Tenebrae Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:31 am

Esmerelda had thought that she would love to have a house full of children and happiness when she grew older, and became more mature, it would be the opposite of her own home which always seemed too quiet. hearing about other peoples children or younger siblings was always pleasant for Esmerelda.

"Well I suppose that you're allowed to feel young at some points." she grinned, sticking her tongue out "I'm much younger than you, only a few years older than your sister which is a little bit weird when I think about it, I'm probably as mature as a fifteen year old too."

When Josh told her that he would love to come and see her work, Esmerelda beamed happily and felt so proud of her work, that she had gained such a lovely fan, maybe she would be able to get his phone number or something after the show?

With a small blush on her cheeks, Esmerelda thought about how her father would tease her when she told him she had gotten a handsome boys number.

"Well you should feel lucky." she grinned with a wink "Means you get to see where I live as well, they're in my studio gallery."
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Magical Celebrity

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Night Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:52 am

Josh couldn't wait to start a family of his own. He'd always wanted one, and was looking forward to that more than anything else. The trick would be finding a great girl to share it with. It would take a lot of time and effort, but hopefully he'd be able to find her.

"Yes, yes I am. I take advantage of it too." Josh said, grinning back at her. "How old are you? Eighteen? Well I'm about as mature as a fifteen year old as well, so you don't have me beat there." he teased her. "I even pull pranks on my sis every once in a while."

For some reason Esmerelda was smiling happily, and it made him smile as well. Was the thought of hanging out with him really making her that happy? He was already looking forward to this. Josh wondered what Naomi would say when he told her he got invited to his favorite artist's house to see her personal collection of art. The thought made him blush just a little bit.

"Well I do, I can't wait to come and see it." Her wink made his stomach give an odd little twist. "Yea, I will get to see where you live." he said, and blushed. "My sister is not going to believe me when I say I got invited to your house." he told her.
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmerelda Tenebrae Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:09 am

Esmerelda couldn't explain why she was now feeling so giddy, she was just glad to meet a person who she actually got along with, normally people ended up offending her sometime around now and she hoped that Josh wouldn't be one of those people. She supposed she was very easily offended when she thought of it.

"Well it's very rude to ask a ladies age when she hardly knows you." she gasps, placing a hand on her chest, but she grins a little bit, answering Josh with a happy smile on her lips "I'm 19 years old at the moment, soon to hit the twenties....scary huh?"

Giggling a little bit, Esmerelda noticed the blush that Josh was now sporting and she resisted the urge to poke his cheek a little bit, however she soon felt herself wanting to blush when she thought about him coming to her home, she'd never had a boy in her flat before.

"Well I've never had a boy in my flat before...it'll give the neighbours something to talk about for a while." she grinned with a roll of her eyes "So when are you free?"
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Magical Celebrity

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Night Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:42 am

Josh had to admit that he was enjoying talking with Esmerelda. She was actually an interesting person, unlike some of the girls he'd met in the past. He felt comfortable with her already. Somehow, despite her celebrity, she'd managed to stay a fairly down to earth girl.

"My mistake, but I figured I'd press my luck considering how young you are." Josh said, and winked at her. "Oh it's terrifying, most definitely. I can't believe how old I'm getting, turning 24 this year." he said disbelievingly.

This collection in her flat was going to be fantastic, it was very lucky that he'd bumped into her. Already he knew that the art was going to be wonderful. It would definitely be odd being in her house though, just them. She'd asked though, so she mustn't mind too much.

"Haha, they'll be gossiping about us won't they. Oh well, it can't be helped." he replied, smiling at her. "I just got back from a trip so I'm off for about the next week or so. Whatever day works for you will be fine."
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmerelda Tenebrae Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:09 am

Esmerelda smiled happily when Josh continued her little joke about ages, it was important to be able to have a laugh and a joke with a friend, and she already considered him a close friend however crazy this would seem to most people, as she had only just met the man!

"Oh I know, you will be in a wheelchair soon, and I'll be having to come around to read out the crossword clues to you your eyesight will be so bad." she joked "Hey maybe thats why you like my art!" Esmerelda laughed happily.

Knowing the sorts of things that her neighbours would be gossiping about, Esmerelda blushed, of course she would never consider doing anything like 'that' with a person she didn't even know! It annoyed her the way people automatically jumped to that conclusion.

"People in the art world always gossip about me...they're beginning to think I'm gay because I havent been snapped with a boy yet," she snorted "Oh that's great! How about Thursday? Around 7 ish?"
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Magical Celebrity

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Night Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:35 am

Joking around with her was fun, she had a quick wit. She would be a good friend, somehow he already knew that. They may not know each other very well, but already he trusted her. He wondered what Naomi would tell him when he told her about this encounter.

"Hey now, I'm not that much older than you Esmerelda. I can still see well enough to be able to tell that your art is wonderful. You have quite the talent there if I do say so myself." Josh said, smiling at her.

It was going to be a fun night, seeing her work. This was something that not many people were lucky enough to see. He felt special, that she had offered to have him over. Hopefully she wouldn't regret the decision. If he had to guess, he would say he was going to have a fantastic time.

"Well that's just ridiculous. Not everybody our age is dating somebody. I'm not either, it's hard to find a good girl." Josh said, sighing. "That sounds wonderful, I'm already looking forward to it. Should I bring anything?" he asked her.
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmerelda Tenebrae Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:22 pm

Esmerelda happily smiled when Josh managed to reply to her teasing statement, it was rather funny to see that he was able to joke around as well as she could, most people couldn't take her jokes more than a few minutes, but she normally used them when she was getting familiar with a person.

"Well thank you very much Josh, I think I might take your compliment and leave it at that, some people don't know when to just take a compliment these days." she smirked lightly "Can you take a compliment well?"

Nodding her head Esmerelda folded her arms and pouted lightly;

"See! If only the press would think like that as well, I am enjoying being young free and single for the time being, I'm not in a rush to get a boyfriend but if the right man comes along." she smiled softly "Nope, just bring yourself, that's more than enough for me."
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Magical Celebrity

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Night Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:42 am

Josh liked the way that Esmerelda joked around, she was a pretty funny girl and it was nice that she showed it. He'd always been a bit of a jokester himself, so it was good to have somebody who was the same way. It was a good thing that he read here, he was glad he ran into her.

"You're most welcome Esmerelda." he replied warmly. She had a good point, not a lot of people did know how to take a compliment. "I've always thought so." Josh said.

The fact that she was pouting over this was just a tad bit funny to him, although he did see where she was coming from. "Well the press is always trying to find somebody to gossip about. I'm sure you've already learned to ignore what they say about you. True, if the right girl came along I wouldn't mind dating." He wondered when that would actually happen. "Alright then, sounds good." Josh told her, and smiled back.
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmerelda Tenebrae Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Esmerelda happily flicked some of her hair behind her shoulder and pouted at the one strand that didn't seem to want to obey her, tucking it behind her ear she smirked in silent triumph over her thin and very unruly strands of hair that were being ruffled with the slight breeze.

"Well thats good, I'll keep that in mind whenever I need to pay you a compliment, which might be sometime soon I think." she winked with a sly smile on her lips.

Gently she ran her fingers across her camera and she smiled widely when she got an idea, she thought that it would be nice to see how good Josh was at photography, it was her passion after all, she loved all kind of photography but primarily muggle.

"You want to try and take a photo? You never know, you might have an artistic eye and start your own shows." she grinned.

Pouting a little bit Esmerelda sighed; "Not really, I don't like it when people think badly of me, and that seems to be the presses goal to twist everything I say or do to be bad, I really hate them." she sighed gently.
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Magical Celebrity

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Night Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:34 am

Josh noticed her trying to get her hair behind her, and struggling with a particular strand. She finally got it behind her ear and smirked triumphantly. Again he noticed how pretty Esmerelda was. A silly thought crossed his mind, he wondered if she might want to go on a date with him sometime. But he crushed the thought, she wouldn't want to go would she?

"Whatever floats your boat, I'll make sure not to let it go to my head." Josh told her with a smile. It was fun to just sit here and joke with her a bit. He felt more relaxed than he had in a long time.

When she started fingering her camera a bit he wondered if she was going to go off taking pictures again. That was after all, what she had come here to do. He didn't really know much about photography, but he'd always wanted to learn more about it.

"I can give it a shot. Somehow I doubt I'd start my own shows. Might make a good hobby though if I like it, who knows." he replied. Hopefully he'd be able to take a decent one, he had no clue what he was doing.

Now he could see that the press really bothered her, and he felt a bit of anger towards them. "I'm so sorry Esmerelda, that's terrible. You seem like a great person though. The press always try to make everybody seem bad. It's just what they do." Josh said, and he put a hand on her shoulder in a hopefully comforting way.
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Esmerelda Tenebrae Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:04 am

Esmerelda smiled gently and she was glad that Josh seemed to take her teasing comment well, after all she wasn't used to making such statements, and she might have put it in a negative way which she didn't mean at all, laughed softly Esmerelda fought the urge to mime floating on a boat and instead held out the camera to Josh with a small smile on her lips, she loved that camera and she hoped he wouldn't drop it.

"But sometimes thats the best thing about compliments!" she grinned "I really think that letting them get to your head is good for you sometimes, or its good for me, given what the press say about me, so it about levels out my self esteem." she smiled gently, winding her hair behind her ear again.

Nodding her head Esmerelda smiled softly; "Well you have to find which style is right for you, I never use wizarding cameras as long as I can help it, I always use my muggle ones."

When she felt Josh's comforting hand on her shoulder esmerelda smiled happily and decided that she should probably stop this line of conversation after all it was making her sort of sad, and she didn't want to bring Josh down and make him sad either, so with a happy smile she merely waved her hand in the air, dismissing the topic;

"Ah well, they'll find someone else to pick on soon enough."
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Esmerelda Tenebrae
Magical Celebrity

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Night Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:18 am

Josh felt that Esmerelda offering the use of her camera to him was trusting of her. He took it from her very carefully, and he blushed a bit as his fingers touched her hand. Thinking back to the book on photography he read, he remembered how to use a muggle camera. Then he started looking around for something to take a picture of.

"Well that's good you have something to balance it out. For me though, since I don't have the press harassing me, I have to make sure not to get a big head." he said, smiling a bit. "That habit of playing with your hair is awful cute." Josh commented, a bit in shock taht he actually said that out loud.

"I see, is there a particular reason you use muggle cameras?" he asked, interested. Finding a good picture of the center of the amphitheatre, he snapped a picture. Carefully, he handed it back to her. "Thanks for letting me use it, I'm surprised you did to be honest." he admitted.

He was a bit relieved when she decided to change the topic. Clearly it was bothering her a bit, and he wanted her to stay cheerful. Esmerelda was an interesting girl, he was looking forward to getting to know her better.

"Of course they will. They are always finding different people to pick on." Josh couldn't imagine what it would be like, to have the press attack you. "I'm glad I decided to come out here tonight, it has been nice talking to you."
Josh Night
Josh Night
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next