Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new discovery (Open)

3 posters

Go down

A new discovery (Open) Empty A new discovery (Open)

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:36 am

Haley was officially embarrassed. She couldn't believe she hadn't known of this room. Who could possibly not know of a room where every student was allowed to hang in their spare time? She hit herself in the head and shook it. She then gave a small laugh.

She walked over to the windows in the room and looked out over the park. She smiled. A nice view even. What more could she ask? She sighed and rested her head on the glass. She stood there for a few minutes before she turned and sat down in one of the couches. She was surprised that no one else was there, though.

She looked into the fires and her thoughts drifted to her previous years at Hogwarts. How she missed them. Especially the first year. Everything had been so easy back then, even with the war against Germany. That hadn't been of importance to her. The only thing that had mattered back then, was school. Now, it was the world. Now, she was part of a crazy team that fought to grow and defend. She wasn't a kid anymore. She was sixteen.

She sighed softly and put on a new smile, deciding to think about her first day back at Hogwarts.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

A new discovery (Open) Empty Re: A new discovery (Open)

Post by MelodyLovegood Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:28 pm

"Hi,"Melody said.The girl looked lost in her thoughts and she hoped that she hadn't bothered her.

MelodyLovegood
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Humphrey decided he'd pay a visit to the shared dorms, it would be nice to hang out with whoever was there. The room was a place where people from all houses could gather and hang out together. There was a splendid view of a park, and plenty of comfortable seats by the fire. It had become one of his favorite places in Hogwarts, a wonderful room really.

Being back at Hogwarts felt great, and it made him think of his first year here. He had been so awkward, not to mention wide-eyed at the wizarding world. Some of the friends he'd made here had made a big impact on him. This place was more of a home to him now than anywhere else was. Sadly, this was one of two years left he had at the school.

Walking in, he noticed Haley looking lost in her thoughts. Melody was there too, which came as no surprise, she always seemed to turn up places. Taking a seat by the fire, he made himself comfortable.

"Hello Melody, Haley, how are you both? Excited to be back at Hogwarts, I know I am." he said, smiling at the both of them.

Last edited by Humphrey Williams on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodyLovegood Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 pm

"Hi Humphrey.Yeah I'm really excited."

MelodyLovegood
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:38 am

Haley looked up with a small smile on her face when she heard someone say hi. It was the third year, Melody. Haley smiled. "Hey Melody, how has your holiday been?" she asked, just as Humphrey walked into the door.

Haley jumped up, not having seen him in ages and gave him a big hug. After all, he was pretty much the only student besides Charlotte and Airen that she had been friends with since first grade.

"Yes, I'm really excited," she said, agreeing with Melody and walking back to a couch, sitting down. "What have you guys been up to lately, then?" she asked with a big smile.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodyLovegood Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:01 am

"I haven't been up to much.What about you?"

MelodyLovegood
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:10 am

Haley shrugged. "I've just been hanging about Caerphilly really. But Charlotte paid me a visit once," she said with a soft smile.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 am

Humphrey smiled when Haley hugged him, and he happily hugged her back. He was glad she was doing so much better, for a while last year she hadn't been herself. They'd known each other and been friends since first year, it was always great to see her.

"It's so great to see you Haley." he said, smiling. "My holidays were pretty dull actually. Saw Tabi and Ivano in Diagon Alley one day. Other than that, did some hiking, painting, studied my course books for this year." he told her.

Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:43 am

Haley beamed at Humphrey. "It's great to see you too!" she said happily.

She then smiled softly. "I guess I wasn't the only one then? Wow, the holidays are getting so boring, and seriously, Hogwarts is like a holiday to me," she said with a shrug. And it was true. Hogwarts was home, Hogwarts was sanctuary.

She laughed a bit. "I don't doubt you read through the books. I'm guessing you know them inside out," she said jokingly. Humphrey had proven to be quite a nerd sometimes, something Haley really respected.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:58 am

"Haha, you definitely aren't alone with the boring holidays. I know what you mean, Hogwarts is a lot of fun. Feels more like home to me than anywhere else now, I can't believe this is our second to last year." he said with a sigh. Humphrey knew he would miss it like crazy once he graduated.

Chuckling a bit as well, he shrugged, it was true. "Pretty close to it, I like to stay on top of things. I'm a nerd through and through. Read some good books for fun too, always make some trips to the library." he admitted. He knew he studied more than most at Hogwarts, but he didn't really care.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:39 am

Haley laughed with him and then nodded. "You're absolutely right. Even after everything, Hogwarts is my home. And even though that's pretty weird, it also makes a lot of sense. I don't know what to do after I've finished school though," she said with a big sigh.

She grinned. "I'll join you the next time you decide on going to the library. It's time I got back on track again and caught up with the rest," she said, having been a bit behind due to her lack of sleep and stuff, because of her nightmares and the pain of the losses.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodyLovegood Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:14 pm

"There are some new professors this year.Professor Slytherin is back though."

MelodyLovegood
Risiko Fourth Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:49 pm

"Yea, it's a big step, trying to decide what you want to do with your life." he admitted. "For me it's a bit easier, I've wanted to be an Auror ever since I first learned about them. So, if I can manage to get in, that's what I want to do." Humphrey told her.

He grinned back at her, glad to have somebody to join him. "That sounds like a good plan to me, I can always use a library buddy." he said happily. Then he wondered how Haley was really doing, last year had been rough on her. "How are you holding up Haley?" he asked quietly.
Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Vilde Smith Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:40 am

Haley smiled. "No, I didn't mean that I don't know what my profession will be. I've always wanted to be an auror myself, and I will work my butt off to become one. Either that, or I want to work in the Department of Mysteries," she said softly.

She nodded happily. "I'd love to be your study buddy. Seriously, that would rock. I mean, you're Mr. Nerd and I love that, so that sounds brilliant! Okay, so, we'll meet there and study and you could maybe help me?" she asked hopefully, though softly, not wanting to pressure him into helping her when he really didn't have the time or simply didn't want to.

She nodded at Melody. "I'm really glad professor Slytherin's back. She rocks. It's just a pity that I don't take Astronomy anymore. I would love to have her back in Divination, though. But professor Valerian is epic as well. Shit, it's a hard choice between those two, though I might have to say professor Slytherin, given the fact that I've had her for four of my years. I'm sure I would've said professor Valerian if he was the one I would have had for those four years and he was the one that came back," she said with a soft smile.
Haley Vilde Smith
Haley Vilde Smith
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphrey Williams Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:44 am

Humphrey listened to Haley explain about what she wanted to do. "What did you mean then?" he asked her. "Either one would be a great job. I've always wanted to explore the Department of Mysteries, it must be pretty amazing." he said, trying to imagine some of the things that could be in there.

The title of Mr. Nerd made him burst out laughing. "Mr. Nerd huh, I think I can live with that. I definitely need to remember that one." he said, smiling. "Of course I can help you, no problem at all. Though you may have to address me as Professor Nerd when I'm teaching." Humphrey joked with her.

Humphrey Williams
Humphrey Williams
Gryffindor Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down