Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Weekend Stroll (Victoria)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Weekend Stroll (Victoria) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Weekend Stroll (Victoria)

Post by Victoria Rossmund Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Victoria never claimed to be clairvoyant or anything, but she could see the play of emotions across Luke's face. Mostly pain.

Having finished the bracelet of grass she took his had and tied it around his wrist, hoping to bring him some happiness. "We don't have to talk about whatever it is. Just know that I'm here if you ever need to."

She really liked Luke and now knew how precious it was to have someone to be themselves around. It was odd, that when he seemed to need strength, she wanted to give him that. In spite of her loss of words before, felt like she could be strong for him.

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Luke nodded and looked away not wanting to face her. He felt his stomach drop and tried to fight whether or not to tell her more. He looked at her and sighed.

"My mother's dead" he whispered softly. "It's my father's fault"

He looked down at his feet and frowned .

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Victoria couldn't believe what he had just said. She had never experienced lose like that. While she wasn't close to her mom, it looked like he had been as close to his as she is with her father. She couldn't even imagine what he must be going through.

Her heart in her throat, she sat up. Putting her hand on his cheek, she willed him to look at her. When he finally did she didn't even try to smile at him. What does someone say to that? What would I want to hear? Need to hear?

Taking a deep breath, trying to hold together for him she asked, "Tell me about her?"

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:01 pm

The moment he felt her touching his cheek, he looked right at her. The way she looked at him wasn't a look pity but one that cared.

"She was beautiful" he managed to say after a few minutes trying to compose himself. "She had the most beautiful singing voice, great cook...she loved flowers....she taught me everything"

He took in a sharp breath and closed his eyes seeing her clearly. Her hair was dark brown in soft tresses that always tickled his nose when he hugged her tightly. She had the most beautiful laugh and her smile was like sunshine.

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Victoria couldn't help but smile at the woman Luke described. She sounded like the perfect mother, and it was even more painful to see look have to live without her since Victoria knew first hand how much those things are missed by some children. Her own mother had always been very dismissive of her and she would have killed to have a mother like Luke's.

Trying to calm him, she took his hand and started tracing the lines on his palm, making patterns, but never looking away from his eyes. "She sounds amazing. What's your favorite memory of her?"

She knew many people would just ask how she died and say how sorry they were for him. But that wouldn't help him, it wouldn't bring her back.

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:25 pm

It fell nice to have Victoria try and comfort him. She never asked questions as to how his mother had died and he appreciated that. He closed his eyes and remembered her and smiled softly.

"She was a great singer" he whispered softly. "I remember clearly, the day that she took me out during summer and asked me to help her plant flowers. She loved flowers, especially roses. I remember she sang a lot during some little activities, but she sang the most during planting."

He grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"She sang 'The Rose' to me whenever she could and to this day, that song reminds me of her. I know the lyrics by heart....she was so artistic."

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:51 pm

"I guess that's where you get your talent for drawing then." Victoria had to admit she envied him that ability. She had taken to photography to capture images of nature, but it was nothing compared to being able to create something.

"And I love that song. Though I haven't heard it in a while." That wasn't exactly true, though. She had forgotten this summer. When her sister had taken her back to America they had found a karaoke bar and Kathleen had picked that song. Victoria didn't know it well, but she had loved it.

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:06 pm

He nodded and let out a little larger of a smile.

"You know...she was such a romantic?" he said smiling asking himself more than her. "She loved the idea of romance and love, and how love was like a flower..like that rose song."

He looked up at the sky and then moved his gaze towards her.

"How is your life? I know you asked me about my Magical world life" he said "What's the muggle world like?"

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:16 pm

Victoria smiled at Luke's musings about his mother. I wonder if he inherited that.

At his question she suddenly became self-conscious, but tried to relax. "Well now my life seems boring." She sighed, wondering how simple her life may sound to him. But she went on.

"It's very different. It's like...well. So when your aunt had you plant those roses by hand, without using magic. Imagine having to do everything by hand. But you don't get mad for not using magic, because you've never known anything different."

That was about as close to an explanation as she could come up with.

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Luke couldn't help but frown at the thought of doing so much manual labor without the use of magic. His mother had appreciated his help in the garden, but the only time that he did it manually was for the roses which needed a magic touch.

"That sounds dreadful." he admitted. "Good thing you're magical"

He hoped she didn't take it to offense.

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Victoria felt like she was channeling Tess for a second, almost taking offense what Luke said. But even though he'd just gotten to know him, she knew he didn't mean it as an insult.

"It's really not so bad. Like I said, muggles don't know any different. And it's kind of fun doing some things manually. Like hiking! My dad an I used to go hiking all the time back in America. A wizard or witch would probably just Apparate to their destination. Or not see a reason to go at all, whereas we went just for the fun of it."

She smiled at the memories. It seemed like so long ago, even though they hadn't been in the country for more than a year. Victoria desperately missed the red clay they had for dirt. And the dry heat. Even the fact that you had to wear sunblock at all times or you'd get a burn in 15 minutes.

Bringing her focus back to Luke, looked down at their joined hands. "It really is a good thing I'm magical. Or we'd never have met." She felt her cheeks grow hot with her blatant statement.

It was one thing to be strong when faced with obstacles, but she was shy when it came to relationship things.

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:42 pm

He felt himself blush at her comment and smiled softly. He squeezed her hand and wondered how could he find someone that actually listened to him? He was so lucky. His father usually neglected him, and all he had was the leftover attention that Xander's parents left him. He didn't resent Xander, but more that he didn't realize what he had.

"Sounds interesting...but something I can't imagine myself doing" he admitted.

He needed to thread carefully sometimes. He felt that he could blurt something stupid that might end the moment that they had. Looking up, he saw the sunset and felt himself frown.

"It's around six" he murmured. "We should be heading back"

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Hmm. Victoria was forming a plan. But it was going to be a surprise.

Seeing that the sun was indeed getting pretty low, she sighed and stood, stretching and brushing the grass and dirt off her cloths. She didn't mind a little dirt, but knew from experience that most others did. Even when it wasn't on them?

"Perfect timing, I guess. I'm starving!" She remembered the candy and started getting the stuff they had taken out of the bag back in.

"Unfortunately, I don't think we could live on this stuff."

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:52 pm

He smiled seeing that he wasn't the only one that was hungry. He got up and offered his hand only to have her get up on her own. He tried to play it cool and brush himself off and looked at her with a charming smile.

"Shame really" he said and picked up the bag. "May I?"

As he said this, he offered to grab her hand since he had been denied before.

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:25 pm

She smiled brightly at his extended hand. Lacing her fingers through his she walked closely to him, not wanting to let him go too far.

After his admission about his mother she didn't want to let him out of her sight. It's not that she thought him weak or pitied him. She just wanted to be that strength and happiness that he needed in his life. Everyone needed that.

As they made their way up to the castle, falling into a comfortable silence, she realized how much she would miss him in classes. It was hard not being in the same year together. She was constantly thinking of him, and it became hard to concentrate at times.

Once in the entrance hall, she stopped, having to part ways. "I'm really glad we did this. It was the most fun I've had this year."

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:21 pm

He felt his cheeks redden a bit at her confession. He felt a bit vulnerable at the fact that he had opened up to her and told her things that was only known by the people that he truly trusted. He hoped that she wouldn't tell anyone because it'd hurt him deeply.

"I wish I was with you in classes" he admitted. "Come on I'll walk you to your Gryffindor tower"

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Victoria was surprised he had offered to walk her all the way up to the tower. "Sounds great."

As they walked she held firmly onto his hand. She didn't care if people saw them together. She knew other students may be prejudiced and bothered by them seeing people outside of their house, but Luke's was the only opinion that mattered to her.

"I really appreciate you telling me about your mom, Luke. I promise no one will hear it from me."

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:17 pm

He knew that many people were talking, but he didn't mind the fact that he was being judged. He didn't care! So she was a Muggleborn, he didn't care, after all, he knew it wasn't wrong.

Hearing her comment he looked right at her and nodded his smile gone.

"Please" he whispered. "Let's not speak about it...please"

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:28 pm

As they got to the portrait to her common room, Victoria saw no one around. She didn't know Luke would react that way. Laying her hand on his cheek, she tried to calm him.

"Consider my lips sealed." She was glad he'd opened up, but knew how it felt not to want to talk about things when in the real world. Their time at the park was special, as was his opening up to her.

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:38 pm

He smiled softly.

"Thanks"

He had to take the chance. Taking in a short breath, he took the chance and leaned forward to kiss the corner of her lips. He pulled back immediately and his cheeks were red. He was aiming for her cheek and he failed, he didn't know whether to beg for an apology, but he looked at her shyly.

"I had a great time"

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Rossmund Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Victoria was stunned. Not really comprehending what had happened, her hand moved to where Luke had just kissed her. She hadn't been expecting it.

She didn't really know what to do. It took a few seconds for his comment to sink it. "Yeah," she breathed, "me too."

And with that she ran into the common room, collapsing against the inside of the portrait, smiling.

Victoria Rossmund
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sullivan Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:52 pm

He smiled brightly seeing that her reaction wasn't what he expected. She seemed happy and he found himself walking on a cloud happily down the stairs and down the floors all the way until he reached the dungeons. Walking towards his common room, he found himself ignoring the people in there and instead walked towards his dorms a big smile on his face.

Luke Sullivan
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2