Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad and lonely

2 posters

Go down

Sad and lonely  Empty Sad and lonely

Post by Sam Hawthorn Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Sam walked up to the owlery with her albino owl, Winter. She humed her favorite song as she walked up the steps.

When she made it to the owlery she went up the stairs to the very top and looked out the window.
" Okay Winter you'll have to stay here" Sam said she wanted to write a letter but her cousin, Alex went to Durmstrang and the muggles Sam lived with doesn't really care, and her parents she wished she could write them but they're dead. She sighed sadly and looked out the window.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Sad and lonely  Empty Re: Sad and lonely

Post by Parker Emery Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Parker adjusted the strap of his bag that was digging into his shoulder. He sighed as he slowly made his way up the stairs. He'd written a short letter to his parents using a school owl and hadn't gotten a response yet, though it wasn't like he was expecting it. Though maybe actually checking the owlery would have him stop worrying about it.

Though they hated owls, from the few times they had come by from hie acceptance letter to letters written to his friend over the summer. 'Dirty Vermin' his father called them. They may have not even read the letter though because of it. He sighed as he got up to the landing, his feet making soft noises against the steps as he wished that his parents were more understanding sometimes. He looked up, noticing a girl standing there among the owls, looking out to the view. "Oh, uhm, sorry..." he said quietly.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Sad and lonely  Empty Re: Sad and Lonely

Post by Sam Hawthorn Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Sam turned around and noticed a boy in the door way she smiled at him. " Oh no it's fine" she said smiling at him.

Sam put her owl on the window seal and smiled she's seen the boy around school and smiled at him " I'm Sam by the way" Sam said looking at him.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:30 pm

He glanced down and then back up at the girl, taking a few steps in, looking around to try to spot the owl he used a few days ago. He sighed, they all looked the same, this would be impossible.

He looked at her again, noticing her owl. He smiled a little bit. "I'm Parker. I-I like your owl." He hadn't recognized her around, though admittedly he was feeling pretty overwhelmed and preoccupied. He bit his lip and looked around again, feeling a little bit anxious talking to another new person. "What's it's name?" He asked, glancing back at her again.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Sam smiled at Parker " It's nice to meet you Parker, and her name is Winter she's an Albino owl." Sam said petting her owl.

Sam noticed Parker was looking around " Do you have a letter?" she asked him kindly " If so you can use Winter if you want" She added smiling at him.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm

He nodded, "Yeah, er- nice you meet you too." He sighed and couldn't help but be a little bit envious. Everyone he knew could afford their own owls. When she offered for him to borrow her hers he shook his head.

"Oh, no, it's okay. I sent one out a few days back and I just want to double check that there's no reply." He said with a shrug. "Thank you though." He paused awkwardly for a moment. "Uhm, are you sending a letter out?"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Sam shook her head . " No I only have my cousin, But she goes to Durmstrang" Sam shrugged and she picked Winter up " Do you want me to help you look for the owl?" Sam offered kindly.

Sam looked at Winter who was staring at Sam " Well I do have the muggles" Sam said to Winter but Sam sighed and smiled at Parker.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:16 pm

He raised his shoulders a bit and shook his head again. "It's okay, no need to waste your time. I'm-I'm not expecting there to be a reply anyway." he frowned a little, his eyes glancing over a few more owls. "Kind of stupid to come up here, really."

He looked back at Sam and her owl, hoping soon he could get one of his own. Hie raised his eyebrows a bit, hearing her comment as she was looking at her owl. "Oh, uhm, you've got muggle parents, too?" he asked. He pulled his robes around him a bit tighter as an icy wind swept through.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:20 pm

Sam nodded " Kinda, I live with muggles but my real parents died" Sam said shrugging a bit.

Sam kept her head down knowing people stared at the scares that were on her face she smiled at winter " Well here ya go Winter" Sam said putting Winter on the window seal she wrapped her coat around her and smiled at Parker.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:18 pm

"Oh, uhm, I'm sorry. It seems a lot of people have lost...or, I guess, have been losing them recently..." He brought his hand up to his mouth, coughing as another wind blew through the high tower.

Looking at her he did notice some light scars on her face, but he didn't think much of them. He stood there feeling awkward, and decided to sit down on the hay covered bench. As much as he hated to cold, at the moment it was strangely nice. He looked over to Sam again "So, uhm, you're a first year, aren't you?"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Sam nodded and sat in the window seal " Yeah, you?" She asked looking at him, She looked at Parker and smiled " It's okay my parents died long ago" Sam added a little sadly.

Sam yawned and wrapped her jacket around herself a little tighter she loved yet hated the cold the reason she loved the could was because of the snow, the reason she hated it was because of the fire's people put in their fire places.

Sam couldn't stand fire since her parents, every time the muggles put one on she would move as far away from it as possible, Sam yawned slightly she was trying to stay warm and she looked at Winter whom was sound asleep. " So Parker tell me more about yourself" Sam said trying to change the subject and she tried to build trust by saying " I live in London" Hoping she'd somehow build the trust she sighed a little while looking at her feet.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Parker gave a sort of half-hearted shrug, looking down at the crest on his robes. "Well...I'm muggleborn," he nodded. He noticed the sad tone in her voice and thought the subject be best to drop without another word, he just nodded sadly, resting his hand on his lap.

He looked around when she asked more about him. He didn't really deem himself all the interesting, and didn't think others thought so either. "Uhm, well, there's not really all that much to know..." He smiled a little bit at her mentioning she lived in London. "Nearly everyone I know is from there, it must be a big city." He scratched at the back of his neck and added, "I live in Ireland. Just a little suburb...nothing really interesting..."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Sam smiled at Parker " Ireland? That's a beautiful place in the summer and yes London is a very big city" Sam said with a smile she looked around.

" So I'm guessing you're a second year?" Sam asked not unkindly she didn't know a lot of people, well she knew a few but other than that she didn't have any other friends.

" So what's your favorite subject?" Sam asked trying to think of something she didn't know what else to say she looked at Winter and she was still sleeping " How can you sleep in this cold weather?!" Sam asked Winter with a small laugh she couldn't believe she was talking to an owl, she laughed at herself.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:40 am

"Well, I don't know. I'm sure it is if you go to the right places...it was kinda of too hot also." He shrugged. "The big city though sounds like it would always be interesting..." He looked down and kicked his foot lightly against the stone floor.

"Yeah, I am. And you're a first year, so it explains why I've not seen you around." That or he had not been to keen to search new people out. It was times like talking to a new person that made him thankful that some people were very easy conversationalists. Otherwise he would still have no friends.

"Me? Well, Potions definitely. But Divination is up there as a favorite too." He nodded, smiling a little. "What about you?" He looked over at her owl too, and smiled a bit as she spoke to it. He wondered to himself what kind of owl he would get if he ever got one.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:47 am

Sam shrugged " Well Defense against the dark arts and Dueling" Sam said she put winter in the window and Sam smiled at Parker.

She coughed as the wind came through and Dust got in Sam's eye's she started to rub them. " I hate dust!" Sam said as she rubbed her eye's she blinked a couple of times and her eye's felt fine she wiped the dust off her face and she smiled at Parker.

" And yes I am a first year" Sam said looking at him " So do you see your owl?" Sam asked looking up the tower, trying to see if she could spot it.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Parker smiled. "Fitting for a Gryffindor. I think a few of my Gryffindor friends would say the same thing."He thought for a moment and realized that his likes would be considered typically Slytherin too.

He stood up and turned his head away and closed his eyes from the oncoming wind. He laughed a little as she exclaimed and started rubbing at her eyes. "You okay there?"

Parker then looked out again and sighed, puffing his cheeks out. ""No, I don't. It's just one of the school's owls and they all look the same anyways...I think I'm just going to head down, because I'm honestly not expecting it to come..." He looked back at her, then looked down at his feet.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Sad and lonely  Empty Re: Sad lonely

Post by Sam Hawthorn Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:25 pm

Sam smiled and nodded " Yeah I'm fine" She laughed and she smiled at Parker.
" Well, you sure you don't want me help you look for it incase they did reply?" Sam asked kindly

Sam looked back at winter who glared at Sam, just because she said she hated the dust Sam started to laugh " What? It's not my fault you woke up" Sam told her and Winter looked like she was about to attack Sam, whom backed away
" What? Sorry I woke you up" Sam said to Winter and she turned to Parker and Shrugged.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Parker cleared his throat, pulling his robe a bit at the other cold gust of air. "Really, it's nice of you. But, it's no use waiting around for it. I just wanted to be sure cause it's already been a few days now. Thank you though."

Parker laughed a little bit as she started to argue with her owl. "She's a bit grumpy isn't she?" He smiled then glanced over at the stairs. He looked back at her. "It was nice to meet you, Sam. Hope to see you around more often."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Hawthorn Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Sam nodded " Yeah she just hasn't slept in a long time" Sam said. And she looked at Parker and smiled.

" Yeah it was nice to meet you too, Parker and I also hope to see you around" Sam said and she smiled at Winter and smiled at Parker and she walked past him and walked out of the owlery she yawned and started to walk toward Hogwarts.

Sam Hawthorn
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down