Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've a Question (Jake&Freya)

Go down

I've a Question (Jake&Freya) Empty I've a Question (Jake&Freya)

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:58 pm

It had taken Freya about thirty minutes to travel from her hut to the third floor of Hogwarts. It had never taken her this long, but after seeing what she did last night on a delivery with Michael, her body was still slightly trembling. She had witnessed for the first time people being murdered. And not only had she seen that, but if she didn't react with spells as quickly as she did, the tall blond could have possibly ended up getting fired upon by the Squibs whom Michael had made a deal with to get Dragon Tears.

When Michael had asked Freya how she had been holding up, he mentioned that it would be perhaps be best for her to learn some close quarter combat or CQC as he called it in case of she was ever in a situation where she was wandless. Freya did agree, she was quite useless without her wand. The Potions master had suggested to ask the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, Jake, as he had mentioned something about the other knowing many fighting techniques from around the world. Truth be told, Freya wasn't surprised he didn't say something about him being Irish and that was why.

Freya laughed to herself slightly at the thought. She had made it to the familiar door that lead to Jake's office. Trying to compose herself so she was no longer trembling slightly, she knocked on the door, hoping that her old professor was in his office.

"Jake?"

Back to top Go down

I've a Question (Jake&Freya) Empty Re: I've a Question (Jake&Freya)

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Jake was sitting in his office, his feet up on his desk with a glass of firewhisky in his hands. The brats today were even more annoying than usual. They were noisy as hell, and once they finally calmed down, they decided that they wanted more advanced stuff, as if Jake didn't know what they were and weren't ready for...

Was Jake that annoying when he was that age? He sure hoped not... Stretching, he leaned back in his chair, and was planning on spending the rest of the evening just lazying about, when a knock came upon his door, accompanied by a voice saying, "Jake?"

That was Freya's voice, wasn't it? Jake sat for a moment to make sure it really was Freya, before he said, "It's open!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:47 pm

"It's open!" The blond could hear after a pause. She opened the door slowly to find Jake leaning back in his chair with his feet up on his desk, a glass of Fire Whiskey in his hand. She couldn't help but to smile at the sight of him as she closed the door behind her. After the previous night, she had thought about all the things she would have missed out on if something had gone wrong, Merlin forbid.

She let out a small sigh of relief as she walked over to the side of his desk that was facing him. She moved over a stack of papers over to the side to make room before sitting on it, looking down at him. Merlin was she happy to see him. Freya tried to stop her slightly tremble, but unfortunate for her, she hadn't been able to stop it.

"Hi," she said quietly, looking down at her hands in her lap before looking back up at him. Freya didn't particularly want to learn to fight, she wasn't keen on building muscle, she liked the way she was, even if Michael had claimed she had been "unhealthy" for how thin she was. But when Michael had suggested that she ask Jake, she not only realized would she be able to spend time with her if he said yes, but after an hour of "it'll be good for you in the long run" may have slipped in.

"I don't know if Michael told you about what happened in the Forest last night," she started off slowly, trying not to remember what she had seen, "but him and I talked for a little bit.. And I need to.." she trailed off, pausing, trying to figure out how to ask him. It was quite awkward—asking someone to teach you how to fight. "Well, I need to ask you a small favour."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Jake was a fighter, and as a fighter, he had to have good reflexes, but not only that, he also needed an eye for muscle movements, to be able to anticipate an opponent's next move. Therefore, it wasn't hard at all for him to see that Freya was trembling slightly as she came into his office. "Hi," she said quietly, so quiet that Jake almost didn't hear her.

"Hi," Jake said as she came over to his desk, moving a pile of fourth year tests to the side so that she could sit there. "What can I do for you, Freya?" he asked, sipping his Firewhisky. He was sure it was going to be something his lazy self would have a hard time dealing with.

"I don't know if Michael told you about what happened in the Forest last night, but him and I talked for a little bit.. And I need to.." Last night? Jake hadn't seen Michael in two days, so he definitely hadn't heard anything from him. "Well, I need to ask you a small favour."

Jake leaned back in his chair and sipped his alcohol once more, before looking over Freya with a raised eyebrow. "Does it have anything to do with the reason why you're trembling?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:50 pm

"Does it have anything to do with the reason why you're trembling?" Jake asked after taking another sip of Fire Whiskey.

"Oh.." she let out a sigh before smiling slightly at him, more so to convince herself that she was okay with seeing everything she was far ready to cope with. "Michael brought me along to get some Dragon Tears last night and didn't exactly warn me that there was going to be six Squibs with guns until we were almost there. Apparently, they wanted a little pay back at Michael. Let's just say if I didn't have my wand, I doubt I'd be here right now." She had spent the last night wondering what would have happened if she didn't, would she have ended up like the men that Michael had killed.

"Earlier today, Michael was telling me that I should probably learn to defend myself.. You know, in case I somehow don't have my wand on me." Even though Freya always had her wand on her, even when walking around in the Muggle world, she supposed she could be without one in a time of need. "Anyways, Michael suggested that, well, that I ask you to teach me to defend myself." She looked at him with hopeful eyes, "nothing big. Just enough to not end up dead, you know? I don't think there will be any attractive Irish men for me in the afterlife," Freya joked. Pausing for a few moments, she took the matter seriously once more, "I'm sorry if this is a lot to ask."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:44 pm

"Michael brought me along to get some Dragon Tears last night and didn't exactly warn me that there was going to be six Squibs with guns until we were almost there. Apparently, they wanted a little pay back at Michael. Let's just say if I didn't have my wand, I doubt I'd be here right now."

Jake's eyes widened in shock. Oh, he was going to batter the shite out of that Michael bastard! "He took you on one of his errands and didn't warn you?" he asked in shock. Why the hell didn't he warn her first? Maybe he was so used to dragging Jake along with him that he forgot about it?

"Earlier today, Michael was telling me that I should probably learn to defend myself.. You know, in case I somehow don't have my wand on me. Anyways, Michael suggested that, well, that I ask you to teach me to defend myself. nothing big. Just enough to not end up dead, you know? I don't think there will be any attractive Irish men for me in the afterlife," Freya joked, and Jake sighed. So, Michael wanted Jake to 'clean up his mess'... Well, if it was anyone other than Freya... "I'm sorry if this is a lot to ask."

"No, not at all," Jake said, taking his feet off his desk and downing the last of his Firewhisky, slowly, thoughtfully, setting down the glass on the desk and looking at Freya. "I'll teach you how to fight. Not today, of course, but some other day, I'll teach you."

Jake walked around the desk and looked Freya over. Still trembling. "I can teach you one thing that you can do. It's called a kick. I want you to practice it, and for your homework, I want you to kick Michael in the groin."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:20 am

"No, not at all. I'll teach you how to fight. Not today, of course, but some other day, I'll teach you." Jake said, taking his feet off the desk and looking at her. He got up and walked around the desk, she could feel his eyes on her. "I can teach you one thing that you can do. It's called a kick. I want you to practice it, and for your homework, I want you to kick Michael in the groin."

Freya laughed at that, before turning her head to look at him. "Yes, sir!" She slowly let out a sigh of relief before standing up and getting off his desk. The blond subconsciously fixed her shirt before walking over to Jake. She stood in front of him, looking up, her emerald hues on his blue ones before wrapping her arms around the back of his neck, pulling him into a hug. Freya sighed once more. She was happy she was still able to do this, if anything had happened, she wouldn't be. "Thank you, Jake." Once she felt his arms around her waist, for some reason, she felt safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down