Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revisited (Tess and Parker)

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Revisited (Tess and Parker) Empty Revisited (Tess and Parker)

Post by Parker Emery Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Parker figured it had been far too long since he's taken a walk around the grounds, even though it was still only the first part of the term. While he enjoyed spending time in the library, there was another kind of joy to be taken in the beauty of the place. He found himself making his was over to the black lake as he was occupied in his thoughts. He stopped when he realized where he was. Strange how he was always drawn to this place. Danger was alluring, he couldn't deny that. And there certainly was the upmost danger in nearly dying.

Parker sighed as he walked along the edge of the water then sat by a tree near a spread out patch of trees that lead to the dense forbidden forest. He looked out wondered what it was like in there, and almost wanted to check it out. But a possible life-threatening experience every year was more then he wanted, especially with no one around this time. He'd gotten extremely lucky when Pxyis had saved him that night. As he pulled his legs up to his chest as he leaned back against the tree, he itched at the scar at his ankle which he's gotten from said incident. He wrapped his arms around his legs and closed his eyes. Maybe this would be a good chance to practice his meditation for Divination? he thought as he leaned his head back, trying to concentrate. He found it difficult, given his location, as he just wanted to listen to the animals he could scarcely hear and go search them out. But he had to focus, and it was just plain hard.

He eventually found his focus in the steady sound of the water on the rocky shore, which if he thought about it, would have been unnerving. He tried not to think about what dwelled beneith the water as he drew more into his, what he guessed was his center; taking deep, slow, and steady breaths.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Revisited (Tess and Parker) Empty Re: Revisited (Tess and Parker)

Post by Tess McCartney Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:56 pm

I haven't seen you in forever she thought.

Looking down at the book Professor Romain had given her, she knew that retrying this year would be beneficial. Last time she had carried this book and walked down this path she had nearly died. She shivered at the thought: Corinne. Merlin knew how she was doing, ever since the attack. She had saved her, but she had never been able to forget that she was almost killed from this very girl in her state of lunacy.

"Forgive and forget" she murmured to herself.

Now she could use this silence, this silence and meditate to try to get to the next level. Last time, she had seen white paws and during the summer, as much as she tried, she could not be able to return to that same level. She figured it was the lake, the water, an elemental connection that yearned for her to study in the lake's land.

She walked towards the edge of the lake and closed her eyes feeling the cold breeze. She walked towards the tree, her favorite tree, but she saw it was occupied. Curiosity got the best of her and she walked towards the person. Who was it? Parker?!

She smiled and decided that she might as well be a little mischievous and walked behind him. She tentatively decided that rather than scream or yell to scare him, a simple poke will do.

"Boo" she cooed as she poked his side.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Having found his focus, he relaxed more and more, the stresses and irritations of the day melting away as they had before. Though he wasn't thinking about it, he figured he really like the divination assignment. It was easy and would prepare him to work on the rest of his assignments. He didn't notice when Tess walked over, singularly concentrated still on the splashing of the water against the pebbles.

Suddenly he had been jabbed poked in the side, and was badly startled out his meditation, yelling out and falling over. He took a deep breath and turned to see his assailant, but just saw Tess, standing there smiling. Was it everyone's job to startle the living daylights out of him this week?? He thought.

His cheeks went a bit red in embarrassment as he sat up and brushed the dirt off his arm, having yelled out like he did. He would have liked to think that he was so badly startled because of the calm he was in before, but figured he would be lying to himself. He took another breath as his heart calmed back down and gave a small smile back to Tess, running a hand through his hair. "You sure gave me a fright there!"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:25 pm

That wasn't what I was expecting she thought giggling.

Tess tried very hard not to laugh at his expense for that was very mean, but she hid her small grin. He was jumpier than she was and she found that endearing and humorous, probably the latter because that wasn't her.

She briefly wondered if he got hurt, but seeing him get up and try to act casual, was that she found herself no longer hiding her grin. His flushed expression, made her think of how she was and how easily she got embarrassed, still it was very mean of her.

Merlin he's the male version of me she thought giggling.

"I'm sorry...but it was too good to pass up" she said.

Looking out towards the lake, she noticed that it was very quiet, and his stance made her put the pieces together. He was meditating. Deciding not to express that, she decided to be a little bold and sit without being asked. Still looking towards the lake she smiled softly, especially as the squid's tentacles splashed out of the water.

"What brings you here?" she asked "I'm usually the only one around here"

She didn't turn to face him, she simply stared at the chilly lake.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:40 pm

"I'm sorry...but it was too good to pass up" He smiled a bit at her comment, and leaned back against the tree again. "It's fine." Absentmindedly, he gingerly reached his hand up to touch his nose, then lowered it again onto his lap, sighing.

He stared out across the lake as she sat down, swallowing when he saw the tentacles splash above the water. When she asked why he was there, he glanced at her, then looked back across the water. He was silent a moment, thinking before he spoke. "I dunno. I was just taking a walk and without thinking about it came back here. It's beautiful, but in an eerie way." He shrugged a little.

"I suppose there's a reason they call it the Black Lake, huh..."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Tess didn't know whether he was joking or not, but she let out a small laugh and shook her head.

"Funny that you call it eerie"she began "I find it calming"

Indeed she saw it calming. Scooting closer to the little tide rising near the rocks, she slid her shoes off and placed her feet in the cold water. She didn't hiss, for she had been submerged completely in it last time she was here meditating.

"He's friendly" she commented seeing the squid. "He loves toast and oftentimes is found to save a first year that falls in"

She shook her head at the comment.

"Gosh I sound like a textbook" she murmured amused. "You know..you seemed kind of distracted when I found you, where you meditating?" she asked.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:57 pm

"I'm not denying it's calming, it definitely is." When she approached the water and put her feet in, he found himself become nervous. He was being paranoid, he told himself. Nothing would happen by just sticking her feet in. Wallowing around nearly knee deep was entirely different.

He gave a sheepish smile. "Oh, I know. I see it float by my dorm window sometimes. There's just a lot of other things in there I found out that are not so friendly..." He reached down to itch at his ankle again, even though it stopped feeling weird months ago. Just a mental thing he figured.

When she asked if he was meditating, he smiled a little. "Yeah, actually, I was. Professor Slytherin told us to do it more often and practice at it for divination. I really like it."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:04 pm

She wiggled her toes in the lake and smiled seeing that there were tiny tadpoles in the lake. She loathed frogs, but found little tadpoles as adorable. Looking up at him she smiled seeing that he wasn't judging her for being such a bookworm. Her eyes trailed from his face down to his ankle where he found himself scratching once more.

Fascinating she thought.

Trying not to act pushy, she acted nonchalant about it and looked back out towards the lake, but found herself wrinkle her nose at the mention of Divination.

"I loathe that subject" she admitted. "I avoid it like a plague. I'd rather take Ancient Runes, Double potions even" she said shaking her head. "But meditating is always good"

She caressed her book absentmindedly. Yes meditation was good, she needed to get to that state once more. Back to where she was close to seeing her full form, but that had to wait, perhaps when she'd visit Professor Romaine once more.

"Meditation opens your mind....." then adding "and let's you see your inner eye" she ended rolling her eyes.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:06 pm

He leaned forward a bit, noticing the slight movement under the water from the group of tadpoles. He smiled and scoot forward a bit, moving a slight bit away from the tree and closer to the shore to see them better. He continues to watch the movement under the water as Tess mentioned her dislike for Divination.

"It's not my favorite of classes, but I do like it. Professor Slytherin is an amazing teacher." He smiled. "I'd actually take double-potions any chance I got. I love it, and anything to get better at it." He looked up from the water and to her. "Erm..what's ancient runes?"

Parker laughed lightly as he saw her roll her eyes. "If anything, it sort of closes off your mind. From the outside world and all that, I mean. At least- that's what it felt like when I did it." He looked down at the dirt and pebbles, picking up and rolling one in his hand.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:33 pm

She looked at him and smiled at him, he was so oblivious sometimes when it came to Hogwarts.

"Someone hasn't been reading Hogwarts : A History" she teased poking his side again. "But honestly I have nothing against Divination, but it's not something that appeals to me. Father never liked it saying that it was nothing but bad omens to him which never came true"

Sighing she shook her head and smiled a bit at his question.

"Ancient Runes is the study of runic scriptures, or Runology. Ancient Runes is a mostly theoretical subject that studies the ancient runic scripts of magic. I heard it was very complicated and challenging for many. If they offer it next year...well I'll take it"

She loved a challenge, it was something that she always wanted to do. Her goal was to become Head Girl and if she took challenging classes she might end up with that position.

"Hm...that I would agree with you. I've been meditating since last year for my own personal purpose, but lately I've been having bad luck finding a good spot" she said wrinkling her nose. "Still, it's great"

She caressed the spine lightly of her book at the thought of her meditation.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:24 pm

"I've skimmed it, I've been trying to get my hands on as many history books as possible." He sighed, looking out over the water. "I don't like feeling like I'm so far behind of everyone else when it comes to knowing this stuff."

He rolled the pebble down to the water, splashing a little as it rolled under. "I don't know how much I believe it, but then again, I didn't believe in magic either, so you never know." He shrugged a little, he'd not heard very many readings so didn't know what they usually consisted of.

Parker glanced at Tess, furrowing his eyebrows slightly as she explained. "Theoretical? What's the point then? It's about as useful as quantum theory- B.S. is what me dad says. No use. And way too hard for it to be worth anything." He snapped his head back to looking at the water. "N-not that I'm trying to insult your interest in it- it's just...'not something that appeals to me'. " He same a small, unsure smile to her.

He raised his eyebrows, sounding pleasantly surprised. "Oh, really? I think the lake would be a good spot. Wait, I'm not bothering you then am I?" He glanced back at the tree and a thought struck him. "Oh no, I wasn't in your spot was I? I'm sorry- "

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:41 pm

She shook her head and looked at him in an understanding smile.

"I get it...I was just teasing though" she said frowning. "Not everyone knows everything about magic, or else we wouldn't go to school here! And don't think that you might insult me if you don't believe everything I find fascinating you will find it the same, I get it"

She laughed at his comment about how it was her spot. She placed a hand on his shoulder to signal him to calm down.

"Parker, calm down" she said amused. "It isn't bothering me. I was here because...well I'm trying to transfigure...something."

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Parker smiled after Tess said . "Not everyone knows everything about magic, or else we wouldn't go to school here! and he nodded. It was very true, he just needed to remind himself of that. He'd often gotten a tad discouraged hearing about all the training the others his house have gotten before coming here, but in the end they are all here to learn, and once the learning gap was bridged, they'd all be on the same level.

He didn't mean to get so overworked, and Tess' hand on his shoulder brought him right back to focus. He tilted his head a bit, her having piqued his curiosity. "Transfigure something? Well, what is it? Why would you come all the way out here to do it?"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:28 pm

Tess' eyes glittered in excitement and she brought her hands back to her book and opened the page to the image she dreamed of. There before them was an image of a wizard turning into an animal.

"I dear Mr. Parker Emery will be transfiguring myself!" She said.

She was proud of her ambition, it was something that reminded her why she would be in Slytherin. She wanted to do something that no one before her could in her year, she wanted to be an animal and to add another achievement under her belt.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Parker leaned over a bit to look in the book as she opened it, seeing the picture of the wizard turning into an animal. He looked at the picture curiously, then at her a bit incredulously. "Yourself!? Well that must be some awful advanced stuff-"

He smiled, looking back down to the book, reaching his finger over to skim through the section near the picture. "Ani...magus, huh? That sounds really cool, Tess-"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:26 pm

She smiled as she noticed his interest in it. Whether or not it was genuine, she was excited to tell people about it...well no not everyone but some people. She nodded excitedly and explained.

"Animagus. Is when the wizard or witch purposely decides to transform themselves into a certain animal. Unlike a werewolf an animagus chooses when it occurs. I've decided that this is my goal by the end of my graduating year...or not the end of this year" she said.

Her eyes were bright with excitement.

"Professor Romain said it was possible" she said smiling.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:58 am

He looked a little surprised at her explanation, it seemed to be so fantastic. Not to mention, he really should have expected werewolves to be real. With everything else the way it was, why not. There were probably vampires too, and a plethora of other creatures muggles apparently had some idea about. "Wow, really? So...you turn into any animal you want?"

"Good luck with this, really. It seems like a whole lot of work. Worth it though." He smiled, looking over the page in the book still. He wondered just how much other curious magic was out there.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:22 am

She shook her head and frowned.

"No you can't. Your personality is what decides what animal you transfigure yourself into" she explained to him.

It was true and this made her insecure. She always feared that she would be something she feared, a rat, a mouse, something tiny, and insignificant. But through her meditation she had figured out that she would be a mammal. She had white paws, and she was happy about that, but then again, she could end up being a bunny and she frowned at the thought.

Shaking her head, she figured she was being a bad friend by talking too much about herself.

"I'm sorry, I'm talking all about me, anything new with you?"

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:36 am

"You're personality? Hmm, so do you know what you're gonna be or do you just...figure it out when it happens? I think you've be something nice and smart" Parker nodded a bit, looking back over the water, thinking if he were to be an animal what would he be...

He gave her a small smile when she said, "I'm sorry, I'm talking all about me, anything new with you?" "I don't mind, really. It's fine." He looked back over the lake, his expression turning neutral again as he gave a small shrug. "I don't know. A lot's different this year..."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:44 am

Tess found herself touched at how sweet he was being about her animagus shape and what would it be because of her traits, at least traits he persumed she had. She flushed slightly and lowered her head.

"Thank you" she whispered. "But you get visions through meditation of certain physical traits your animal form has, like I saw paws...but I need to talk to the Professor a big to know well enough."

His expression changed from one of kindness to what she considered neutral and unlike him. She raised her brow and frowned at his comment.

"Different good? Or..."

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:52 pm

"Visions...hmm," Parker looked thoughtful for a moment and then asked "What kind of paws were they? If you can remember. Hopefully soon you find out what you will be. Good luck with it, really."

He gave a small shrug and sighed. "Not...exactly. But it's fine. It'll all work out. I'm just really glad I'm back here. Summer was such a dread, so boring..." He looked down and picked up another pebbled, rolling it in his hand before rolling it into the lapping water as he let out a small sigh.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:27 pm

She closed her eyes briefly and re-imagined the whole scene once more. She closed her eyes and saw the paws in front of her. They were white and small black nails were at the end of it. The fur was short at the paws but longer at the legs and startling white as well.

Opening her eyes, she faced the lake once more and turned to see him explain his summer.

"I don't mean to pry...but a boring summer doesn't usually entail a small sigh...I've noticed that you and...well you're acting different in class" she murmured.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:29 pm

He looked out over the surface of the water as Tess went silent, closing her eyes as she thought. He thought for how the most part his summer had been pretty boring, sitting around most of the day, unable to go outside. He wasn't even able to really watch the telly since his old neighbor that his parents insisted to wave over him, often fell asleep while watching it and would wake if it changed. While there were a few things that made his time a little more then unenjoyable, he didn't think it really constituted an 'exciting' break.

He didn't look over at her as she questioned him and stated that she noticed him acting different. He then spared a glance, furrowing his eyebrows slightly. "Different? What do you mean?"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:49 pm

She let a slow smile appear on her face and she sighed.

"I know I'm not the most....social butterfly, as Muggles say" she began, "But I notice little things. For example, I know that you aren't so snippy when it comes to people, but you were during our DADA class where you made Tabi mad. I also noticed you're moping sometimes, dragging yourself to class and seems unlike you"

She thought perhaps it was because of the fact that they were attacked. She personally knew how it had changed her as well, but she'd rather him answer for everyone was different.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:25 am

He grimaced at bit to himself, remembering that time in class. "Oh...you heard about that, did you?" He'd not gotten a proper change to apologize to her, and really wanted to. It wasn't like him and she'd not done anything to him.

He sighed as she mentioned his moping around. "The beginning of this year's just been a bit hard is all..." He didn't like talking about when he was upset, it made him sound selfish and whiny, and more often then not would try to drop it, he had a feeling she wouldn't let it drop though.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next