Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revisited (Tess and Parker)

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Revisited (Tess and Parker) - Page 2 Empty Re: Revisited (Tess and Parker)

Post by Tess McCartney Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:22 am

She nodded understand him completely.

"It has hasn't it"she murmured.

She remembered how different she had become from one year to another. Those monster, attacking and hurting innocent students,how they wanted to harm them, and destroy something they called home. She formed a fist with her left hand and glared towards the lake.

'Bastards' she thought.

She didn't ask anything more, thinking she had understood it enough.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:36 am

He sighed, noticing it got to bee too silent. He cleared his throat a bit. "But it's getting a bit better. For starters...I think Pxyis and I have made up."

He felt that whole incident had been a contributing factor to his mood, feeling like he had no one to really turn to about how things were for him. While he had been glad to come back, he had started feeling paranoid, slightly more skittish then before, often finding himself thinking about how much he hoped nothing like the attack last year would happen again, or hoping none of his friends got hurt. Or hoping those that were would get better.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:42 am

"Hm.." she felt herself response.

She saw how beautiful the sky had become, the sun had hid behind some clouds and she found herself admiring the darkness once more. In a weird way, she felt herself connecting to nature in a sense that when she once preferred the sun, she now preferred the darkness.

"But it's getting a bit better. For starters...I think Pxyis and I have made up." she heard him say.

So he was no longer talking to her, or at least he hadn't once and felt very hurt by it. Made sense, for she had lost her friendship with Alice once she just stopped socializing with her.

"You felt alone, is that why you were acting that way?" she asked.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:50 am

He saw the Tess had moved her gaze from the water, to the sky. He followed his eyes up as a shadow seemed to overcome them from the sun passing behind some clouds. In the slight darkness, he found himself remembering his first night sitting out here by the lake, after hours when he should have been sleeping. Subconsciously, he scratched at his ankle again before Tess spoke.

"You felt alone, is that why you were acting that way?"

He gave a small shrug. "I think it was part of it..."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:43 pm

She nodded and smiled softly, not taking her eyes away from the beautiful sky.

"I can see that."

Her eye trailed away from the skies and looked down at his leg.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:54 pm

He sighed. Was it really that obvious what his problems were? He didn't particularly like being an open book, but it was probably best that way. There would be no guessing games when it came to his feelings.

He glanced at her when she asked if he was okay. "Huh? Well, yeah, why?" He looked to the water, watching small movements over the surface tensing a bit, he felt just fine physically, though he was tired, he suspected he did sound pretty depressing however.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Tess looked at him skeptically. Perhaps she was pushing it being so observant, but it didn't matter she was curious.

"I don't meant to say anything rude but....you're one of the most obvious people in the world" she said softly. "You...you have your heart on your sleeve more than I do"

She looked down and looked back towards the lake.

"It's not bad to be so open...but if you don't want to tell me. I won't push you"

Last edited by Tess McCartney on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:25 pm

He wrapped his arms around his legs, pulling his knees up more. He rested his chin on his knees, keeping his eyes, steadily on the water. "I don't think that's rude. I mean, being so open, it shouldn't be a bad thing, right? People are so secretive, it seems especially in Slytherin, it just makes things so complicated."

He kept his eyes on the water, not quite understanding what she was being supposedly pushy about. "Hmm, what do you mean?"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:56 pm

She chuckled.

"Sometimes I don't...I don't think before I say something. I simply say it and I feel that I am pushing people out of their comfort" she explained.

She copied his movements and placed her head on her knees feeling the cool chill of the cloudy sky.

"So sorry if I have" she added afterwards.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:14 pm

"Have people complained about it before or something? I find it...well, I dunno, but I don't find it a bad thing." Parker always tried to think before he spoke, but sometime he found he did the same thing, that or he said something that had unintentionally been taken the wrong way or hurt someone's feelings.

"Oh, no, you haven't. I honestly don't see how you could have." Parker stared off ahead but then startled slightly as a little bit off, the water splashed, disturbed by some fish probably being taken down by some other creature in the lake. Parker found himself scooting back from the water a bit, even though they weren't that close to begin with.

He looked down and figured that Tess was probably giving him some strange look for suddenly scooting back as he did. He offered a feeble smile. "S-sorry."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:35 pm

Tess laughed softly, not to tease him at all, but found it quirky that he was so jumpy. It was adorable. She shook her head and smiled bright looking at the lake. She was used to it, that was life, Darwinism even.

"No no one has complained, I just imagine it's so" she said. "But I'm glad to hear it"

She was glad that her bluntness didn't bother him, but she was trying hard.

"You need to stop apologizing" she murmured.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:51 pm

"Well...I've never heard anyone say anything. Though I usually try not to stick around gossip." He sighed looking over over the water, his jaw tensed a bit. He really shouldn't have been so unnerved about the water. But seeing the thing be pulled under...

He reached and tugged the bottom of his pant leg a bit, itching his ankle again with the fabric as did so, he looked at her and gave a slightly embarrassed smile. "Sorry- wait, I mean-" He let out a small laugh, looking down.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Tess let out a genuine laugh and nudged him.

"There's nothing to apologize for Emery" she said rolling her eyes.

She used his surname trying to toughen her comment up, but it ended up sounding like a light tease. Oh well. Her eyes trailed back to his hand and she frowned.

"Hey...seriously what's with your leg?" she asked.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:57 pm

He smiled back at her as she nudged him, he figured it was just strange habit he had. he never really thought he might have said it too much.

As she asked he looked down again, his smile dropping a bit. "Erm, i didn't realize...it doesn't itch anymore, I don't know why...." He trailed off a few times before sighing and stretching his leg out and rolling up the bottom of his pants. There was a thick-ish fading red line around his ankle that looked like a strange scar-like, spotted mark. It was fine now, any annoyance it was to him, had stopped a few weeks after it happened. Now it was just fading.

"It...it happened last year." He looked up nodding to the lake. "Right around here..."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Tess squinted and leaned forward staring at it. She felt a shudder go through her at seeing his injury, was it during the battle?! She felt her heart beat faster but as he said it happened at the lake, she looked up at him confused.

"Wait...what happened here...did something attack you?"

After she asked this she looked down at her feet as they were submerged in the water.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Parker felt like he was holding his breath as she seemed to be inspecting the mark. He saw the confusion in her face as he looked at her.

He pulled his feet back up closer to him, rolling down his pant leg, looking at her feet in the water.

He suddenly felt very nervous about talking about it. Only him, Pxyis and Madam Henley knew about it. He took a breath before continuing. "I- yes...I was out here one night and I had been playing with a frog by the water. I waded in..about knee deep...and- and something grabbed me." Parker held his legs a bit tighter, his voice lowering to nearly a whisper. "And it..tried to pull me under."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:41 pm

She frowned hearing what Parker had told her. She couldn't face him and looked down at the lake. Yes the lake was beautiful, but it was deadly she knew, she'd been attacked by a mermaid. She remembered clearly how she had nearly drowned and how Corinne had nearly died as well. She closed her eyes at the thought.

"Mermaids" she murmured.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:51 pm

Parker watched the water lap up on the shore, remembering the sudden feeling of being grabbed. He was silent for a little while before hearing Tess say something under her breath.

"Hmm?" He looked at her, noticing the far away look in her eyes as she watched the water. "Did you say Mermaids?"

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:40 am

Tess looked away from the dark lake and moved to her feet. She sighed and hugged her legs even more.

"Mermaids are fowl creatures" she murmured. "They're horrible vicious creatures...when you get in their territory, they are aggressive"

She remembered when she was cut by one of their claws and had injured her leg. She disliked them, because they had nearly killed Corinne. She s

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:40 am

Tess looked away from the dark lake and moved to her feet. She sighed and hugged her legs even more.

"Mermaids are fowl creatures" she murmured. "They're horrible vicious creatures...when you get in their territory, they are aggressive"

She remembered when she was cut by one of their claws and had injured her leg. She disliked them, because they had nearly killed Corinne. She shook her head and sighed.

"Did you ever find out what it was?" she murmured.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:19 am

Parker looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. He would never have imagined mermaids as vicious creatures...but things weren't always what they appeared. "You had a run-in with one, didn't you...?"

"It turned out to be a Grindylow...it had come in shallow and got me with it's tentacle things..." He resting his chin on his knees, speaking softly. "I'm sure if Pxyis hadn't seen me by the water...I-I wouldn't be here right now...I owe her everything."

He remembered her yanking him from the water, shoving him to the ground by the shore and scolding him, but he had no clue that the lake was any danger. He remembered sitting there with her in the moonlight, soaking wet, just talking, and becoming the friends they were today.

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:28 pm

She cleared her throat and shrugged.

"I figure that's how you learn....by experience" she began. "I was attacked because of Corinne, she disturbed the lake by screaming and falling into it"

She remembered clearly how Corinne said she was going to kill her, and then she'd fallen like she lost all sense of normalcy and was beginning to drown.

"Let's just say that the Black Lake is colder at night" she chuckled almost bitterly.

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:43 pm

Corinne? She was the one who was in the coma... "Screaming and falling in? And you...saved her?" Parker found himself growing more curious of the situation. While he didn't know Corinne all that well, he really hoped she was okay. He hoped Tess was okay too from the attack she went through, and it seemed she was. He couldn't imagine what it was like to actually swim around deeper in the water. He hoped he'd never have to experience it either.

He smiled a little bit at her last comment. "I'd have to agree. You know...this is actually the first time I've come back since it happened..."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess McCartney Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:32 pm

Tess nodded at his question. She remembered it clearly as if it was currently happening.

"She had lost a bit....she had lost herself" she said trying to be politically correct. "She said she was going to...she...she just fell in"

She couldn't admit it to herself but that gave her utmost shivers.

"She had lost consciousness, and I had no choice but to jump. It was ice cold, it burned by skin but she could have died. It was our fault really, she had sunk into the plants, and that's were mermaids thrive. Fowl things scratched my legs but we managed to get out. If it wasn't for the Headmistress...I don't think we would have been talking right now"

She looked at her feet and pulled her feet away from the lake not wanting to interact with it any longer.

"It's good that you came back to it....I always find myself attracted to it, it oftentimes haunts me"

Tess McCartney
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Emery Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Parker listened as she seemed to struggle with what she was saying. He reached his hand out to rest on her arm to comfort her to continue. Sometimes talking about this stuff helped to get over it. "Well it's very good she did come across you guys. That was really brave." He smiled a little at her a little.

It made him feel a little bit bad for being a coward. He wouldn't know what to do in that situation. Probably run and get help, but it would be too late by the time he came back. His eyes lowered, remembering how he had run away and abandoned Pxyis at the battle last year. He still felt so terrible for that.

He let out a soft sigh. "Yeah...I was having dreams about it all summer... couldn't get my mind off it. But I think it helps coming back. Even though I'm afraid of what's beneath the water, it's still fascinating and beautiful. Although...in a slightly different way to me now. I think I see a lot of things differently since that time actually..."

Parker Emery
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next