Flames of Hogwarts, Ice of Durmstrang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obstacles (Aquila & Lucian)

2 posters

Go down

Obstacles (Aquila & Lucian) Empty Obstacles (Aquila & Lucian)

Post by Aquila Wilson Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:54 pm

[[Excuse the depressing mood of this post xD]]

Pain.

It shot up her arm like a strike of lightning, making her wince as tears sprung to her eyes. No. Not tears. She blinked and they were gone. Tears would not fall, she would not shed tears for the lies that her mother had spoken to her, the years gone without someone to really love and care for, the years without a father, the years without a sister.

She would not shed one single tear for everything she had missed out on, and now the sister that she had lost forever. A sister. She, Aquila Wilson, had a family she didn't know about. A father, and a step-mother, along with a half-sister whom had looked very similar to her. She could remember her sister, she'd seen her at the tournaments their school's had held. A part of her had been rooting for Hogwarts when she saw her sister - though she hadn't known Pyxis was her sister at the time.

And now, Pyxis Wilson, her sister, was dead. Her father was cold and distant because of it, refusing to meet Aquila because he didn't want to know the daughter that her mother had taken away from him.

Aquila stared at the broken glass of the mirror on the floor and looked around, seeing millions of herself. She looked down at her hand and watched blood drip to the floor, but her mind had numbed the pain that she originally felt. All she could feel now was intense betrayal and a sense of loss.
Aquila Wilson
Aquila Wilson
Risiko Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Obstacles (Aquila & Lucian) Empty Re: Obstacles (Aquila & Lucian)

Post by Lucian Ciero Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Lucian had been looking for Aquila for a while now, he had wanted to talk to her about going on a holiday or something together, she had seemed a little upset the last time he had saw her and he wanted to make sure that she was alright, and he was able to take her mind off whatever it might be.

Eventually he came across the room of mirrors and popped his head around the doorframe, and his mouth popped open at what he saw, did Aquila break one of the mirrors in here? If she got caught by a professor she would have been in so much trouble, these things were ancient! Then he realised that there was blood running down her had and his eyes narrowed slightly.

"Hey Aquila..." he spoke softly, stepping towards her slowly and taking out a handkercheif from his pocket, wrapping it around the wound she had recieved, there was a fair bit of blood and he knew that he'd need to cast a spell to heal it but that wasnt the most important thing, he needed to make sure she was okay "What happened?"

Taking out his wand he muttered a soft incantation and began to heal her wounds.
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquila Wilson Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:55 am

Aquila didn't care that these mirrors were fucking ancient and treasured by the stupid Lehrer's. Let them see the damage for all she cared, all she wanted was to feel better, less... betrayed. Everything was just betrayal to her of the deepest kind. All those times she asked her mother about her father, she'd assumed he was dead because she'd never received an answer - but now she had discovered she did indeed have a father who was very much alive.

Her eyes flashed at the voice and she whipped around to stare at who it was, anger swirling in the depths of her grey-blue eyes. She blinked upon the realisation that it was Lucian and she shrugged off the urge to hit him as he approached her. She watched as he wrapped a handkerchief around her wound.

It soon turned red. Her eyes flickered up to meet him and she shook her head, unable to find any words to say to him. She was so selfish. If she grieved the loss of a sister she hadn't even known and felt a burning pain inside of her because of it, how would he feel when Aquila herself died?

"Do you remember that girl, from the tournament, the first one. The one who won against the boggarts, Pyxis?"
Aquila Wilson
Aquila Wilson
Risiko Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Ciero Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Lucian continued to hum the healing spells, the cut was deep and it had stained the cloth bright red within a few seconds, he gritted his teeth, his own feelings could wait, but he couldn't believe that Aquila would just leave him like this, alone, to become the monster she was preventing him from being.

When she spoke, Lucian shrugged his shoulders, he vaguely remembered the girl because he had spoken to her before, and he smiled lightly, did this have something to do with Aquila's mood? Maybe he would be able to help her feel better if it was, seeing as he knew the child a little.

"I remember her, I spoke to her while I was in England for a small while before she entered the tournament." he sighed.

Taking a fresh tissue out of his pocket and gently wiping the blood away from Aquila's arm, so he could see where the fresh wounds were, and where was just dried blood.

"Why?" he asked, now a little bit more interested, he had thought when they had met she was a little like Aquila, and she might have actually been related to her, but Lucian hadn;t really thought too much on it it would be too much of a coincidence, surely?
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquila Wilson Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:02 am

Aquila's eyes watched as the cloth turned bright red within the space of seconds and she winced slightly as the pain returned to her hand. Then it was gone with a slight stinging left in it's wake and she knew it was because of Lucian's healing spells.

"Thanks," she grit her teeth, resisting the urge to punch another mirror. She'd been out of her depth a lot lately, comforting Lucian and being caring, and now this? She shook her head, she didn't like feeling so emotional all the time.

"You did?" Her tone was suddenly desperate, hungry for knowledge on her sister. "What was she like?" Aquila pressed, staring at him eagerly awaiting any information he might give to shed light on a sister she'd lost.

Her eyes didn't move from his face as he carefully cleaned up the blood on her arm and examined it carefully to see where the wounds were.

Aquila bit her lip, staring down at the ground now as she had finally been able to tear her gaze away from him. The words only come out of her mouth because she had never known her sister, but if she had it would've been much more difficult. "She was my sister... and now she's dead."
Aquila Wilson
Aquila Wilson
Risiko Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Ciero Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Lucian wondered if Aquila was actually happy he had healed her hand, but he didn't mind whatever she felt, he wasn't about to let her wander around being hurt, and she wouldn't have gone to the nurse to get it healed, so it was up to him, and he was more than happy to help her heal herself.

"Don't worry about it." he smiled.

Emotionally and Physically, as he could tell that she needed some help in both of these areas today, and Lucian didn't mind at all he owed her for the help he was given when he was in her position.

"Well...I thought at the time, that she was rather like you." he grinned "Boy did she give me the run around, cut me down every comment I made like someone else I know." Lucian teased, waggling his eyebrows at Aquila.

Blinking a little bit Lucian sighed and he thought that it might have been the case, although he didn't know for sure, and now that he did, he realised that maybe he should have told her about the encounter when it happened, but he hadn't really paid it much attention.

"And I'm guessing that you didn't know?" he asked softly "You never mentioned a sister before, I dont think."
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquila Wilson Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Aquila didn't have the energy to put any sincerity in her tone, nor could she muster a look other than irritation so she settled for a half-hearted smile given to Lucian in thanks for him cleaning up her hand, because she sure as hell wouldn't've done it. She would've wandered around until someone noticed her hand was bleeding.

His smile had the ability to brighten her mood just the tiniest bit.

Aquila stared around the room but didn't have it in her to give a shit about how the lehrer's would react to the broken mirror. If they discovered it was her, she'd be in deep shit but what did it matter?

She was going to die anyway.

His playfulness was something that coaxed a slightly more genuine smile out of her, but it also made her sadder. His words brought a sorrow to her heart to hear that she could've had someone that she bonded with other than Lucian. She didn't like anyone other than him and her mother - though now, she despised the latter.

"She sounds..." Aquila trailed off, searching for a word to describe how she felt about this knowledge of her sister. "She sounds like the kind of person I would've gotten along with." Her tone was full of bitterness and regret and she felt envy towards Lucian for actually knowing his sister and having that bond with her before she died. At least he knew what his sister was like, Aquila didn't.

"No," she snapped, before her eyes widened and she sighed. "No," she repeated, softer this time. "Nor did I know that I had a step-mother, or that my father lived in Britain which is where I was born and raised as a baby before my father left my mother for another woman who was ultimately Pyxis' mother which was why I wasn't allowed to see Pyxis or my father and now my father wants nothing to do with me."
Aquila Wilson
Aquila Wilson
Risiko Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Ciero Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:22 am

Lucian sighed a little bit, he didn't really want to be talking about something this depressing, when he had only just begun to et cheerful again and back to him old self, but Aquila needed him to talk about it with, and he would be all too happy to help her until she was back to her normal self again as well.

"Yeah, she seemed to be the type of person you could reduce me to tears with, you're both mean about me after all." Lucian sighed softly, stroking Aquila's hair gently to calm her down, hopefully it would work, as he knew she was far from alright just yet.

He knew that she was regretting not knowing her sister, but there was nothing that she could have done to prevent this how was she supposed to know if her mother never told her? She wouldn't even have any suspicions to act on.

"It's not your fault you know Aquila, you couldn't have known that she was out there, you feel like you should have done, and you look back on all the times you could have found out, but in reality, there's nothing you could have done differently." Lucian stated, in what was hopefully a soothing voice.

Sighing a little he added; "I don't know...human families, you seem so complicated."
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquila Wilson Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:09 pm

Aquila felt something similar to regret when Lucian said that she was mean to him, but she couldn't dwell on it. Her mind was filled with the anger that she felt. She was annoyed that she'd missed out on meeting her own sister, her father, and she was feeling very alone despite Lucian here with her.

Was it always so cold in the room of mirrors? She was used to being cold, but this was... different. Aquila shivered slightly and felt a strange soothing feeling as Lucian stroked her hair. "Mean." She said the word as if it was foreign and strange on her own tongue.

She forced herself to draw her mind away from the anger and listen to Lucian. She... could reduce him to tears? Aquila frowned and looked up at Lucian in concern - she didn't want to be mean to him. She thought about it and she was constantly.

"I know it's not my fault," she hissed, but the venom was directed at the floor, at her mother. "How could it be my fault? I asked my mother so many times about my father, I begged her to tell me, I didn't hide the information from myself. It's her fault!" She exclaimed, her body trembling.

"We do? I suppose so." She shrugged lightly. Yeah, they could be complicated.
Aquila Wilson
Aquila Wilson
Risiko Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Ciero Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:46 am

Lucian blinked a little bit, perhaps he had shown a little too much of his actual feelings with that statement, but he hadn't meant to upset Aquila about something else, he had only been trying to lighten the atmosphere, once again at his expense he assumed. With a small sigh he shrugged his shoulders;

"Yeah, I guess that would be the word to describe it, if I had to stick a label on most of what she said to me." he grinned "Kind of in a joking way like you talk to me though, so, it wasn't like she was nasty or anything."

Once again Lucian found himself utterly confused at the way that human families worked, it was just so different to the way that his family worked and he was beginning to wonder just why they managed to stay together as a family unit at all, the problems they had.

"In my...realm, let's say, we stick by our family members no matter what, hiding information only causes problems, and we're big enough and ugly enough to understand what we want to do with that information when we get it." he offered, with a small smile.

Humming a little bit, Lucian asked; "So what are you going to do about your mum, have you talked to her about it?"
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquila Wilson Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:24 pm

A light frown made it's way onto Aquila's features as she looked up at Lucian, trying to feel something other than a deep betrayal and anger. She sucked in a breath through her teeth, listening to the hissing sound it made as the air whipped harshly through the gaps in her teeth. She didn't have the intention of being mean when she spoke to Lucian.

His voice had sounded slightly resentful as he spoke and she stared at her hand, wishing there was blood there so she would feel better about the pain she'd caused him. "No." She said, not really sure why. "I don't - I never wanted to be mean to you." She said as if this confused her.

Aquila could understand why he would be confused by human families, they were complicated with their beliefs and often they didn't always stick together, torn apart by a petty argument. She knew that was why her family had been torn apart, because her father had been a decent man and cut it off with her mother because he was having feelings for another woman.

"I get that, i've always admired that. Human families claim to be tight-knit but they're so easily torn apart, and we hold grudges. A lot. For example, my family has been ripped to shreds because of my mother. My father was a decent man and called things off before he could hurt her because he was starting to love another woman. And now, my sister is dead meaning my father wants nothing to do with me, and I in turn want nothing to do with my mother."

Aquila shook her head, feeling some intelligent thought return to her head. "Nope, I don't really talk to her much anymore. She tries to talk to me and when i'm upset she tries to comfort me but I don't want to talk to her at all."
Aquila Wilson
Aquila Wilson
Risiko Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Ciero Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:18 am

Lucian smiled a little bit as he continued to play with her hair gently, trying to calm her with the action. It was nice for her to say that she didn't mean any harm with her actions and words. Truth was that he believed her. She never intentionally hurt him after all. Unintentionally or indirectly was another matter altogether,

"I know you never wanted to, now or before, hurt me Aquila." he assured her, "I've never thought that it was something you were actively doing. You're too good for that."

Lucian scratched his head in genuine confusion. How human families lasted long enough to have some chance of procreation was beyond him right now. He paused,

"Why would losing your sister mean that your father wants nothing to do with you?" He asked her quietly, "I don't know a lot about paternity but I do know that the loss of one daughter shouldn't dim the joy at having another finally able to see him."

Lucian nodded a little bit in understand, "Yeah I can understand that. Last person you want to chat with."
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquila Wilson Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Aquila's eyes fluttered at his hands on her hair and a feeling of calm swept through her body, causing her body to slacken from it's tense position and her shoulders to slump in defeat. There was no point in being angry, she would just end up taking it out on Lucian, which was a bad idea because she already used her defensive nature against him.

He didn't need this as well as that. "I'm sorry." She sighed, smoothing out the skirt of her uniform and staring at Lucian sadly. "It's just a defence mechanism to bring others down, I don't - nevermind, it doesn't matter." She shook her head.

Aquila bit her lip, thinking of how to phrase this without confusing Lucian further. Heck, it confused her and he already didn't understand how human families could function.

"You'd think that, wouldn't you? I'm pretty sure any other father would want to cherish me because of his lost daughter, but not my father. My step-mother says to give him time but he's stubborn, he doesn't want to see me because I look like Pyxis and he hates the memory of Pyxis. He doesn't want to see me and feel the pain in his chest."

Aquila suddenly threw her arms around Lucian and buried her face in his chest, her body trembling. "Why am I so sad? I didn't even know her for Circe's sake!"
Aquila Wilson
Aquila Wilson
Risiko Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Ciero Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:51 am

Althought she seemed to be relaxing under his attention to her hair, Lucian knew that what she was actually doing was slumping. The kind of slump that told him that she was very close to just giving up. She wasn't over that point yet and she never would be. He would make sure that she always knew there was something worth being here for,

"I know." he told her with a gentle smile, "I've always known that it was your defence mechanism. But go on... tell me please."

Lucian was honestly more confused now that he had been when he accidentally wandered into a university lecture on quantum mechanics. That lay had NOT been worth it,

"So what you're trying to tell me, in a sweet and watered down way, is that your father doesn't want to see you because, big surprise, you look like your sister?" he asked before scoffing, "Coward."

The sudden hug was very sudden indeed but he reacted quickly, wrapping her up in a tight hug, "You're sad because of the sister that she could have been to you... and now never will be."
Lucian Ciero
Lucian Ciero
Verstand Seventh Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down